PDA

View Full Version : How Much Would You Guess Alabama

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Spends on their recruiting class each year?

I don't think they have to pay players, like Charlatan's like OM, but they probably have to do something to keep players they want from going to the schools that are paying large sums.

Just curious, what do you guys think they shell out each year?

If OM spent between 1 mil & 1.5 mil in 2013, does Alabama spend 2 mil annually?

Dawgbite
01-11-2016, 08:26 PM
I remember seeing on Bamas game last week that there official recruiting budget was over a million and Michigan States was about 1/4 that.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Anyone have a clue what that green thing is blinking in Kelly's (center for bama) jersey?

Coach34
01-11-2016, 08:28 PM
they are easily giving a million per year under the table

Bass Chaser
01-11-2016, 08:29 PM
I think our budget is around $600-700K.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 08:35 PM
they are easily giving a million per year under the table

I could see that. They probably get a discount, due to kids actually wanting to go there.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 08:36 PM
I think our budget is around $600-700K.

I think I just found our recruiting money in my couch

http://www.alecpow.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Two-Dollars.png

TUSK
01-11-2016, 08:43 PM
I think it depends... some years, depending on needs and available talent, I could see it getting on up there...

I've heard we paid a RB (in NCL now) $300k... but I don't know that that is true...

Another thing, I believe the "exchange rate" is in Alabama's favor... for example, if a lower tier program like OM wants a guy we want, they are going to have to pay more than we would be willing to pay... Alabama simply is in a position right now where they don't have to pay a lot of guys a lot of money...

additionally, I believe the Program is actually "cleaner" than it was under Dubose or even Bryant, perhaps...

Short answer is "I don't know." if I had to guess, I'd say it ranges from half a mil to a mil.... and I think that's probably the norm for "big time" programs...

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 08:47 PM
I think it depends... some years, depending on needs and available talent, I could see it getting on up there...

I've heard we paid a RB (in NCL now) $300k... but I don't know that that is true...

Another thing, I believe the "exchange rate" is in Alabama's favor... for example, if a lower tier program like OM wants a guy we want, they are going to have to pay more than we would be willing to pay... Alabama simply is in a position right now where they don't have to pay a lot of guys a lot of money...

additionally, I believe the Program is actually "cleaner" than it was under Dubose or even Bryant, perhaps...

Short answer is "I don't know." if I had to guess, I'd say it ranges from half a mil to a mil.... and I think that's probably the norm for "big time" programs...

Very well thought out. I definitely believe you guys get a discount. The other advantage that Bama has is that it never rests on one player. You don't have to have Kimchee, Watson, Fournette, etc... because you have so many other great players. I think that helps you keep the price down.

I also don't think you guys will ever let money decide it for a guy you really want. If you really want him & Ole Miss offers 300 K, then you'll just offer 305 K

TUSK
01-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Very well thought out. I definitely believe you guys get a discount. The other advantage that Bama has is that it never rests on one player. You don't have to have Kimchee, Watson, Fournette, etc... because you have so many other great players. I think that helps you keep the price down.

I also don't think you guys will ever let money decide it for a guy you really want. If you really want him & Ole Miss offers 300 K, then you'll just offer 305 K

you said it better than I, gun.