PDA

View Full Version : Veazey sure has the Bears fired up with his article about the NCAA asking questions

deltadawg99
08-07-2013, 05:37 PM
About CJ Johnson's recruitment. I am sure that nothing will come of it because they don't have Bracky to turn them in, but it is interesting that they are snooping around.

I wonder if they interviewed Scott Lindsey or anybody in the law firm that was rumored to have offered his mama a job.

Coach34
08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
I was reading on Tigerdroppings- and by the way- hey guys...and they tried to make it sound like this was over some little butthurt State fan turning them in. The NCAA is not going to snoop just because Jim Jones sends them a pic of CJ and a truck. If they are snooping, it came from an at least semi-credible source.

As I said, I think the NCAA has a whole list of things to check on in regards to Ole Miss coming from all over- and this is just the beginning of them "questioning people"

deltadawg99
08-07-2013, 05:53 PM
It's one thing if you try to buy Chris Jones or other MSU recruits, but it's another when you start messing with LSU, Bama and UGA.

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Since you brought up Scott Lindsey- hasn't that guy been disassociated with them before at least once already?

And Coach- I think you are right. They've pissed off too many of the big boys, but one thing I haven't seen discussed is I'm pretty sure Slive realizes that they turned us in at least through Byron DeVinner. We all saw what happened the last time someone turned someone else in.

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 05:58 PM
It's one thing if you try to buy Chris Jones or other MSU recruits, but it's another when you start messing with LSU, Bama and UGA.

The problem isn't buying one player from one of them- the problem is buying a whole bunch of players from a bunch of them in one class.

I find it ironic that Dan is the one coach that held onto all of his recruits that went to the party and yet some of our fans act like they cherry pick who they want from our class because we lost a guy to them from South Panola and Madison Central.

deltadawg99
08-07-2013, 06:43 PM
One of the most telling things to me about this situation is that they hired the same law firm that is representing A&M/ manziel and kept Auburn and the rented mule out of trouble.

If there was nothing to worry about, then why hire a law firm?

Maroonthirteen
08-07-2013, 06:56 PM
Devinner player; (redacted) got a new car for Christmas. Committed to OM a few months later. Car is in grandmas name. Grandma has kids and other grandkids but only has a Dodge Charge with 20s that (redacted) drives. I guess the other grandkids don't get cars. The NCAA needs to ask granny a few Qs.

Saltydog
08-07-2013, 07:13 PM
we all know it stinks to high heaven and that they pulled a long time 5 star commit at the 11th hour but these bastards skate time and time again. If it was one of the big boys in the league whom they stole him from it would be one thing but with us just recently getting hit, I'm not so sure a damn thing happens to them. What say you? On the other hand, if the NCAA has already been in Philly you'd think they at least had a little something to hang their hats on.

Coach34
08-07-2013, 07:16 PM
The NCAA is in such flux now...who knows. Damn sure wont hold my breath- but I do like to see the NCAA at least make them sweat a little.

bocfarm
08-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Just like any other "defendant" with a lot of money, you pay your way out of trouble and tighten the screws a little going forward. God why are we (msu) so ****ing stupid when it comes to this.

Now as far as RN goes, he's got his coming and it doesn't have to do with recruiting. It will be out in the open in the next couple of months....gathering info at this point and as you can imagine not a whole lot of cooperation in Oxford.

RougeDawg
08-07-2013, 07:53 PM
The NCAA is in such flux now...who knows. Damn sure wont hold my breath- but I do like to see the NCAA at least make them sweat a little.

and people went ape shit on me, saying it was just sour grapes? I posted sometime after he decommitted, but knew just shortly after Egg Bowl that the deal had gone down.

messageboardsuperhero
08-07-2013, 07:57 PM
I'd be very pleasantly surprised if anything came of this, but it sure is nice to see Veazey royally piss them off. Those pricks are in full defense mode right now.

thf24
08-07-2013, 08:03 PM
If nothing comes of it, the biggest annoyance for me won't be the fact itself, but that Bear fans will walk around trumpeting how they were "proven" innocent/clean, and how CJ and Freeze's (no longer) top 10 2013 class were recruited on their own merit.

msstate7
08-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Not sure if anything comes of it or not, but I bet they aren't gonna pull last year's stunts this recruiting season

hailmari
08-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Are they even in the running for any high-profile guys this year? aside from Taylor and Hampton

Saltydog
08-07-2013, 08:23 PM
more there?

Saltydog
08-07-2013, 08:26 PM
remember the incident about him getting a truck and reports of his mother getting a job. Then there was the whole "white girls" incident.

MaroonState
08-07-2013, 08:28 PM
Don't expect anything to come from it but if it can be used to spook recruits away from there that's good enough in my book. I hope all coaches from all schools recruiting against them hammer them on the recruiting trail.

FlabLoser
08-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Are they even in the running for any high-profile guys this year? aside from Taylor and Hampton

OM is 11th per 247. They have 7 4-stars committed. One of those is Liggins, the fatass former QB now listed as a DE. It is only August, so I wouldn't read much into anybody's crootin ranking yet. But OM is getting attention from some big names. Looks to me like another typical Orgeron/Freeze class. Big on paper.

Coach34
08-07-2013, 08:37 PM
yeah Rouge, I remember all that breaking...I dont think much comes of CJ- I think the bigger shit is still on down the list for the NCAA

Coach34
08-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Rouge- answer my PM

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 09:02 PM
we all know it stinks to high heaven and that they pulled a long time 5 star commit at the 11th hour but these bastards skate time and time again. If it was one of the big boys in the league whom they stole him from it would be one thing but with us just recently getting hit, I'm not so sure a damn thing happens to them. What say you? On the other hand, if the NCAA has already been in Philly you'd think they at least had a little something to hang their hats on.

If our fans are expecting them to get the death penalty, then they are going to be disappointed. I think something will happen, but I don't expect it to be anything program crippling. Absolute worst case scenario for them IMO is what USC got. I'm not holding my breath on that. It may be something like what we got for Redmond and probably some sort of suspension for CJ. And yes, they may very well skate free. I don't think that's totally out of the realm of possibility either- but I think more and more stuff is about to come out and if that happens, something will happen to them.

At any rate, we can use this against them in recruiting. That's damaging enough even if they do skate free.

It may very well be enough to get the Moore twins, and shoot- maybe even someone like CJ Hampton.

Saltydog
08-07-2013, 09:33 PM
nt

sandwolf
08-07-2013, 11:36 PM
I think something will happen, but I don't expect it to be anything program crippling. Absolute worst case scenario for them IMO is what USC got.

usc level sanctions would definitely be program crippling for the bears. didnt they lose like 10 scholarships/yr for 2 or 3 years as well as a 2 or 3 yr ban from post season play?

FISHDAWG
08-08-2013, 08:30 AM
prepare for eminent EMP waves ... is this the nuclear thing ?

ghostofjackie
08-08-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm POSITIVE that nothing will come of this. Any experienced compliance office with competent people in the wheelhouse would lie until their ears bleed. Even UCONN has this shit down and we are still holding on to Bracky Brett. Sad really....

Jack Lambert
08-08-2013, 09:08 AM
It doesn't matter if its all true or not. What we need is for it to hang around for about five months.