PDA

View Full Version : Swag coming back....

BeardoMSU
01-11-2016, 05:53 PM
...surprised this news isn't auf wiedersehen.....

msstate7
01-11-2016, 05:59 PM
It'll be interesting if he's still starting in October. Om could realistically start 1-3. If this happens, their fans will be screaming for Patterson even if it's not Kelly's fault

BeardoMSU
01-11-2016, 06:01 PM
It'll be interesting if he's still starting in October. Om could realistically start 1-3. If this happens, their fans will be screaming for Patterson even if it's not Kelly's fault

What does FSU have coming back? I doubt they lose to Georgia, honestly.

BrunswickDawg
01-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Damn, you scared the shit out of me. I thought you meant we rehired Collins.

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 06:05 PM
I'm shocked it was announced today right before Freeze goes on the air.***

mic
01-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Who gives a ****... He may not make it till next fall

pdawg10msu
01-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Damn, you scared the shit out of me. I thought you meant we rehired Collins.
Same here! I literally almost fell out...

Coach34
01-11-2016, 06:22 PM
What does FSU have coming back? I doubt they lose to Georgia, honestly.

Ole Miss returns 8 starters. 8.

notsofarawaydawg
01-11-2016, 06:31 PM
I think it's great news he's coming back to campus if he ever leaves his paid for house during the summer. Just gives him another chance to **** up and embarrass the Bearshark program and the Reverend. Like the basketball cokehead, he's a great ambassador for UNM.

CadaverDawg
01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Honestly, that's fine with me. He's a good QB, but he will be THE guy next year....I'm interested in seeing how he handles being the "leader". Also, based on what I've seen from Patterson...he's going to be a stud, so keep his ass on the sidelines holding a clipboard for as many years as possible. I'd rather him be breaking himself in during 2017, than having a year of experience under his belt that year

BeardoMSU
01-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Ole Miss returns 8 starters. 8.

Well, they return likely the best QB in the conference. Lets not act like that won't matter. That was the exact sentiment for us last year, when we returned Dak and "little else", as was the popular saying.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-11-2016, 06:41 PM

IMO, they're setup pretty damn good to beat UGA and FSU with those two teams current roster. FSU lost Golsen (sp?) and Cook at RB and UGA lost some experience at key positions and is still a young team. If they can win some of those, it will add to the perception nationally. I hate it, but it is what it is.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Well, they return likely the best QB in the conference. Lets not act like that won't matter. That was the exact sentiment for us last year, when we returned Dak and "little else", as was the popular saying.

exactly- and how did that turn out for us?

BeardoMSU
01-11-2016, 06:55 PM
exactly- and how did that turn out for us?

We won 9 games....could've/should've been 10....

Coach34
01-11-2016, 06:56 PM
We won 9 games....could've/should've been 10....

we finished 4-4....6th in the West

msstate7
01-11-2016, 07:00 PM
IMO, they're setup pretty damn good to beat UGA and FSU with those two teams current roster. FSU lost Golsen (sp?) and Cook at RB and UGA lost some experience at key positions and is still a young team. If they can win some of those, it will add to the perception nationally. I hate it, but it is what it is.

Om loses a good bit too. We always seem to brag about om's recruiting, but fsu has out recruited om 4 out of last 5 years and fsu is on their way to doing it again this year... Fsu has been top 4 recruiting 4 of last 5 years and currently #6. Fsu will be a handful

Coach34
01-11-2016, 07:13 PM
Om loses a good bit too. We always seem to brag about om's recruiting, but fsu has out recruited om 4 out of last 5 years and fsu is on their way to doing it again this year... Fsu has been top 4 recruiting 4 of last 5 years and currently #6. Fsu will be a handful

Georgia returns 13 starters- and thats not counting CHubb. OM returns 8.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-11-2016, 07:15 PM

They are in a better position than we were though?they got more than a "little else"

Coach34
01-11-2016, 07:18 PM
They are in a better position than we were though?they got more than a "little else"

do they have 7 draft picks like we did this year? And thats just our Sr's and Jr's leaving early.

We lost 3 starters on the OL- they are losing 4.

Boya
01-11-2016, 07:18 PM
If ole miss had FSU's roster heading into next year we would be shitting our pants around here.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-11-2016, 07:27 PM

I don' think it's so much about their recruiting, but more about the positions where they lost experience. Who all do they lose on the O and D Line? Tunsil will hurt for sure, but The Headaches being gone from the locker room may be blessing in disguise. Without looking it up, I can only think of that TPOS Elston that they lost in the secondary. Hopefully I'm completely wrong haha.

msstate7
01-11-2016, 07:32 PM
I don' think it's so much about their recruiting, but more about the positions where they lost experience. Who all do they lose on the O and D Line? Tunsil will hurt for sure, but The Headaches being gone from the locker room may be blessing in disguise. Without looking it up, I can only think of that TPOS Elston that they lost in the secondary. Hopefully I'm completely wrong haha.

2 guards and both tackles on oline

drunkernhelldawg
01-11-2016, 08:07 PM
That sucks. We're up against it, as usual.

Dawg61
01-11-2016, 08:21 PM
Georgia returns 13 starters- and thats not counting CHubb. OM returns 8.

Georgia went 10-3 this year. Going to be pretty tough for Smart to even match that. Georgia will fall back slightly next year. I'm not saying Ole Miss will beat them though. I think losing Treadwell alone is good for two losses for Mississippi.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 08:31 PM
For all the hype about OM recruiting- Georgia is 2 spots ahead of them currently. I dont see Georgia falling back any. The East is not exactly a gauntlet

BossDawg
01-11-2016, 08:34 PM
Is Kelly even pro material? I can't see him being that successful in the NFL because of the speed alone.

NEMSDOG
01-11-2016, 08:43 PM
As bad as I hate to admit it, TSUN has landed four top classes. They'll have the talent. I would rather have Patterson back there as a freshman than Kelly who has proven he can win on the biggest stages. Plus if they beat FSU first game all we'll hear is Kelly for Heisman bull crap!

Coach34
01-11-2016, 08:54 PM
As bad as I hate to admit it, TSUN has landed four top classes.

When did this happen? They have landed 1 top 10 class- thats it to this point.

msstate7
01-11-2016, 08:57 PM

And the ones that helped them reach that ranking are gone for the most part

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-11-2016, 09:02 PM
2 guards and both tackles on oline

That's right, but are Patterson and Taylor are gone? Who played RT while Cooper was at LT for Tunsil?

IMissJack
01-11-2016, 09:05 PM
If ole miss had FSU's roster heading into next year we would be shitting our pants around here.

We're not already?

msstate7
01-11-2016, 09:07 PM
That's right, but are Patterson and Taylor are gone? Who played RT while Cooper was at LT for Tunsil?

Rawlings or maybe conyers moved outside... Can't remember to tell the truth

mic
01-11-2016, 09:09 PM

And that class will have over a dozen of those players not there in 2016....

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
01-11-2016, 09:20 PM
Gotta wonder how knemdeechie & swag feel knowing they could both be playing for a National Championship had they honored their commitments & stayed on the right path.

Thank god they have that beautiful campus to look at.

Alldawg
01-11-2016, 09:35 PM
Rawlings or maybe conyers moved outside... Can't remember to tell the truth

I think you are right. They have Patterson, Taylor, Conyers, Rawlings, and Sims coming back along with Little coming in as a true Freshman.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 10:31 PM
I think you are right. They have Patterson, Taylor, Conyers, Rawlings, and Sims coming back along with Little coming in as a true Freshman.

somebody has to play Center- cause they lost both Still and Bell. Patterson, Taylor, and Sims are all OG's. They have work to do.

gravedigger
01-11-2016, 10:46 PM
...surprised this news isn't auf wiedersehen.....

No offense, but not important. He's a good qb, but not the reason we lost.

BeardoMSU
01-11-2016, 10:53 PM
No offense, but not important. He's a good qb, but not the reason we lost.

It is important. It's a game we have to play on the road. Our chances of leaving that place with a victory would increase significantly if they weren't returning an experienced QB who just threw for 4K yards.....

Remember: the "experienced QB factor" matters....at least it did to most of the posters on this board last offseason; let's not be hypocrites.

OSCAR
01-11-2016, 11:02 PM
Agree they are in a very similar situation next year to what we were last year.

gravedigger
01-11-2016, 11:03 PM
It is important. It's a game we have to play on the road. Our chances of leaving that place with a victory would increase significantly if they weren't returning an experienced QB who just threw for 4K yards.....

Remember: the "experienced QB factor" matters....at least it did to most of the posters on this board last offseason; let's not be hypocrites.

What j meant by that was that any qb could have done that to us. Our offensive game plan stunk until the 21 pt deficit. Just like it did all year. Dak sat in the pocket and was brutilized until we had no choice.

If we could pull all scholarships except the ol after the Jr year, Mullen might allow himself to coach.

BeardoMSU
01-11-2016, 11:09 PM
What j meant by that was that any qb could have done that to us. Our offensive game plan stunk until the 21 pt deficit. Just like it did all year. Dak sat in the pocket and was brutilized until we had no choice.

If we could pull all scholarships except the ol after the Jr year, Mullen might allow himself to coach.

I knew what you meant, Grave. My bad...that response was meant more for the general discussion, rather than just you. I totally agree about our game plan. However, when I think of road sec games: I'd much rather play a scrub/green freshman, rather than a seasoned vet, which Kelly is. I really didn't want to see him again in an OM uniform. Granted, there is a lot of time until September, so maybe my wish can still come tru, lol.

HancockCountyDog
01-12-2016, 12:16 AM
As much as I want the Bears to suck next year, they return the following guys who were starters or were a starter before they got hurt:

Offense:
Machine Gun
Attaboyjoe
Engram
Conyers was starting C
Rod Taylor
Javon patterson/Sims all split time at OG
Stringfellow

They are really hurting at OT. They are fine at OG/C/OG.

They lose Walton, but return Wilkins and Judd. They will miss Walton.

Defense:
They replace Spice World with DJ Jones, who I think is a more productive player. They replace Hamilton with Speaks.

They bring back Isaac Gross, Haynes and Fadol Brown. They add Benito Jones. Their DL will be good.

They return gates at LB who is good, but they don't have anyone else.

Both corners return, they get Conner back which will be an upgrade, but they lose that thug Elston.

Overall, for the bears it will come down to the OTs. If they get decent OT play, they will be good. Potentially really good. If they don't, they could easily lose 4-5 games since they have FSU.

msstate7
01-12-2016, 12:20 AM
As much as I want the Bears to suck next year, they return the following guys who were starters or were a starter before they got hurt:

Offense:
Machine Gun
Attaboyjoe
Engram
Conyers was starting C
Rod Taylor
Stringfellow

Defense:
They replace Spice World with DJ Jones, who I think is a more productive player. They replace Hamilton with Speaks.

They bring back Isaac Gross, Haynes and Fadol Brown. They add Benito Jones. Their DL will be good.

Both corners return, they get Conner back which will be an upgrade, but they lose that thug Elston.

Overall, for the bears it will come down to the OTs. If they get decent OT play, they will be good. Potentially really good. If they don't, they could easily lose 4-5 games since they have FSU.

I think Hilton and Elston are gonna be big losses in that secondary

Dawg61
01-12-2016, 12:31 AM
Attaboyjoe and Stringfellow ain't Treadwell. Team bubble screen will take a big step back at WR.

I seen it dawg
01-12-2016, 12:54 AM

So I guess since they don't we won't...? ****ing stupid

sandwolf
01-12-2016, 12:58 AM

I thought I remembered hearing that the injury that Gross sustained at the beginning of this year ended his career.....seems like it was a neck injury and that he wouldn't be able to play football anymore. Is that not right?

Coach34
01-12-2016, 01:01 AM
I thought I remembered hearing that the injury that Gross sustained at the beginning of this year ended his career.....seems like it was a neck injury and that he wouldn't be able to play football anymore. Is that not right?

yeah- I thought I heard that also

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 01:04 AM

Offense:
Machine Gun
Attaboyjoe
Engram
Conyers was starting C
Rod Taylor
Stringfellow

Defense:

The thing about Treadwell is every team had to account for him with two guys. That pretty much left one on one match ups for their other guys. That's going to affect their WR's big time next year.

Todd4State
01-12-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm glad Kelly is coming back. That opens up the possibility for some tension between him and Patterson.

ShotgunDawg
01-12-2016, 01:08 AM

Offense:
Machine Gun
Attaboyjoe
Engram
Conyers was starting C
Rod Taylor
Stringfellow

Defense:

They don't return both corners.

They moved Hilton to CB late in the year and it made them much better. Hilton is leaving.

They have to replace two NFL OTs & the best DBs on the team in Hilton & Elston.

Ole Miss looks like an 8 or 9 win team to me next year. Solid but not elite.

alexaton
01-12-2016, 02:10 AM

They lost a OL player to a career ending neck injury this season. Gross just missed the season, but his career is fine, most likely