PDA

View Full Version : Herb Hand to Auburn

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Taking JB Grimes spot as OL coach. Does this mean that Franklin at Penn St is sinking faster than Auburn?

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Yikes. Hasn't Penn State's o-line been awful the last couple of years?

Doctor Smug
01-11-2016, 04:06 PM
look at them. the bloom is off that rose.

gotta give it to Franklin, though. he got a great paying job AND got to get the hell out of Vandy!

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure. He has been with Franklin since 2010 at Vandy.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-11-2016, 04:11 PM
Franklin is a great coach. If Penn State gets rid of him someone is going to really benefit from it.

StThierry
01-11-2016, 04:12 PM
I think the QB hasn't helped the team. I mean he didn't make the players better around him; look what Dak was able to accomplish with no talent*, and look what CH did the past two years.

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 04:15 PM
I think the QB hasn't helped the team. I mean he didn't make the players better around him; look what Dak was able to accomplish with no talent*, and look what CH did the past two years.

And yet look where he is on the NFL draft boards. He looks overrated to me but who knows if he gets with the right team.

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 04:16 PM
Franklin is a great coach. If Penn State gets rid of him someone is going to really benefit from it.

Fit. If it's the right fit. A lot of good coaches fail because they and the school didn't fit.

smootness
01-11-2016, 04:25 PM

Eh. He's a good salesman, but I can see his act wearing thing quickly. And he hasn't really shown that he's a great coach yet.

PendingTransaction
01-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Eh. He's a good salesman, but I can see his act wearing thing quickly. And he hasn't really shown that he's a great coach yet.

So are you saying he's no Dan Mullen???

smootness
01-11-2016, 04:35 PM
So are you saying he's know Dan Mullen???

I would assume they know each other from his time at Vandy, yes.

jumbo
01-11-2016, 04:36 PM
And yet look where he is on the NFL draft boards. He looks overrated to me but who knows if he gets with the right team.

look what he did with O'Brien. then Franklin comes in an all the sudden he sucks? I don't think it's a coincidence. The Texans are going to get him in the 3rd round or later and that will be an absolute steal plus he'll be back with OBrien.

engie
01-11-2016, 04:46 PM

Penn State's OL this year made ours look like Alabama. And that QB didn't fit what Franklin wants to do at QB. He's more akin to Tyler Russell than Dak. 44 sacks last year to 39 sacks this year. I'm not sure how much of it is directly attributable to coaching either. Let's allow him time to put their issues in the rearview and build a roster.

deltadawg99
01-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Hevesy to PSU!!!