PDA

View Full Version : Article about Clemson quoting a former MSU coach

1bigdawg
01-11-2016, 02:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14543673/after-emulating-alabama-clemson-aims-overtake-tide

YazooDawg23
01-11-2016, 02:05 PM
Scott is one who definitely believes in the limitations of Mississippi State.

Dawgtini
01-11-2016, 02:18 PM

That's BS. I think Scott sees that we need the best that MSU can be without trying to be something we cannot. We do not have UA's resources, history, etc. and we aren't going to in our lifetimes. What he and Byrne have done has produced the best, most consistent MSU that has ever been...and the future continues to look bright across the board for us.

mstatefan91
01-11-2016, 02:21 PM
You honestly don't understand the quote, do you?

smootness
01-11-2016, 02:23 PM
That is an article with 0 substance. They don't say a single thing about how Clemson has actually gone about building their program. And they have done it in an entirely different way than Alabama did.

The only similarity is that they're both good in recruiting.

Bully13
01-11-2016, 02:30 PM
You honestly don't understand the quote, do you?

Neither do I. Why don't you splain it to us. In the context of the article, I thought scott's quote sucked

smootness
01-11-2016, 02:33 PM
Neither do I. Why don't you splain it to us. In the context of the article, I thought scott's quote sucked

That's because they just took a random quote and threw it into an article making it look like he said, 'We can't do it at Mississippi State,' but Clemson proved us wrong. It's called taking it out of context.

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 02:34 PM

Scott's quote was very similar to Billy Beane's about the A's organization. Where if they tried to act like the Yankees in the front office they will continue to lose to them on the field.

BrunswickDawg
01-11-2016, 02:37 PM
That's because they just took a random quote and threw it into an article making it look like he said, 'We can't do it at Mississippi State,' but Clemson proved us wrong. It's called taking it out of context.
I would be Scott was meaning - "We tried doing it the Bama way, with Bama coaches for 30 years and we sucked at it. We had to go our own way and figure out what works at MSU. And look - we don't suck anymore."

Count
01-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Scott's quote was very similar to Billy Beane's about the A's organization. Where if they tried to act like the Yankees in the front office they will continue to lose to them on the field.

BINGO !

AROB44
01-11-2016, 02:48 PM
They have built their program on $$$$$$$$.....all the way back to the coach before Danny Ford. And every coach since has just adopted the program in place. Which proves if you can get away with it long enough and start winning enough, no one remembers how you got there. Our problem is we have never been any good at it....we always get caught and hammered.

mstatefan91
01-11-2016, 04:32 PM

If you can't read the quote as a stand alone and understand what Scott means, as a lifetime MSU fan, then I can't help you. That's not to be a dick either.

I'll try anyway.

Basically, we tried the Bama way. It didn't work. Now we are doing it our way and seeing more success.