PDA

View Full Version : We could easily be 7-1 heading into Nov. 2016

Beaver
01-11-2016, 10:28 AM
Thanks to another poster I spent some time looking at our 2016 schedule.

Sept. 3 SOUTH ALABAMA -- Win (1-0)
Sept. 10 SOUTH CAROLINA * -- It's at home vs an inferior SEC opponent...we should win (2-0)
Sept. 17 at LSU * -- Not enough talent to win in Baton Rouge again. (2-1)
Sept. 24 at UMass -- Away game for MSU, but almost a home game for Mullen. (3-1)
Oct. 1 Open -- Bye week to prepare for AU
Oct. 8 AUBURN * -- Another home SEC game. Auburn could be better, but they will have 2 or 3 losses coming into this game (4-1).
Oct. 15 at BYU -- Tough road game. However, BYU's schedule is brutal (They could have 5 losses coming in). Oh, and they lost to Mizzou this year. (5-1).
Oct. 22 at Kentucky * -- Another tough road matchup, but haven't seen much out of Stoops so far. MSU is just better. (6-1)
Oct. 29 SAMFORD -- Cupcake heading into a brutal November (7-1)

I don't think I'm being unrealistic here thinking we can win 7 games before November.

Nov. 5 TEXAS A&M * -- Program is in disarray, but they got a pretty nice transfer QB. No clue on this one but at least we get at home them later in the season.
Nov. 12 at Alabama * -- Nope.
Nov. 19 ARKANSAS * -- Got the pigs at home without their veteran QB and their best RB. Toss-up game with advantage to MSU for being in Starkville.
Nov. 26 at Ole Miss * -- Records go out the window in the Egg Bowl, but Ole Miss will have the SEC's best QB assuming Kelly stays.

Now, we could go 0-4 in November, but if we can just win the home games, we'd finish 9-3. Honestly, 8-4 is a pretty reasonable prediction given the way our schedule sets up. Long way to go until September, but I not throwing 2016 in the dumpster like some people already are.

It_Could_Happen
01-11-2016, 10:30 AM
I told a friend that exact same thing the other day.

engie
01-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Sets up eerily similar to 2012.

But you ate right. 9-3 is not out of the question.

OdaMaeBrown
01-11-2016, 10:37 AM
We are probably going to take at least a small step back next year. We are losing a lot. You don't lose the best player in the history of school and not step back a little. Especially when that player was the qb.

But we absolutely should start the season at 7-1 and then things are going to get dicey. We should be TAMU, but we also should have beat them last year. We could lose 3 out of our last 4 and very likely will lose the EB at the end of the season. This will be Mullen's most difficult year to date. He is going to have to coach is ass off to get us more than 8 wins which normally would be acceptable in most years, but if all the wins happen at the beginning of the year and we have a bad losing streak at the end, Mullen seat will be on fire.

I wish we would hire a damn DC already. WTF is going on there? Are we the only team in the nation that doesn't have a DC right now? The dead period ends in a couple of days and i don't know how you hold only any defensive commits when you don't have a DC during the most important stretch of the recrooting season.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 10:37 AM
We will go to a bowl next year

We are not talented enough to compete for the West

BYU, Auburn, Arkansas, Texas A&M, & MAYBE Ole Miss are all toss-up games, with Kentucky as a mild toss-up game. Alabama & LSU are losses.

It's going to be an interesting year with many close games.

spiritual_machine2005
01-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Would be nice if the Arky game wasn't sandwiched between Bama and UM.

BrunswickDawg
01-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Sets up eerily similar to 2012.

But you ate right. 9-3 is not out of the question.

It all comes back to the O-line. They gel, let Fitz/Staley establish themselves, and get us back to having a run game, and this becomes plausible. Week 2 & 3 are the key tests. We handle USCe and maybe gain the confidence to pull another "no one knows what's about to take this field" in Red Stick???

OSCAR
I think 9-3 is the ceiling and 7-5 is the floor. November looks brutal but honestly every one of those teams could take a step back.

Coach34
We could also very easily 5-3

Ifyouonlyknew
01-11-2016, 10:42 AM
I wish we would hire a damn DC already. WTF is going on there? Are we the only team in the nation that doesn't have a DC right now? The dead period ends in a couple of days and i don't know how you hold only any defensive commits when you don't have a DC during the most important stretch of the recrooting season.

I expect us to have a DC here when our official visitors get here Friday. We're not losing any commits because of this.

SDDawg
01-11-2016, 10:42 AM
We will go to a bowl next year

We are not talented enough to compete for the West

BYU, Auburn, Arkansas, Texas A&M, & MAYBE Ole Miss are all toss-up games, with Kentucky as a mild toss-up game. Alabama & LSU are losses.

It's going to be an interesting year with many close games.

Agreed. 6 win floor, 8 win ceiling in my mind. Not that we couldn't win 9 games, I just don't think it's likely with everything we're losing. I'll be ecstatic next year if we win 8 regular season games because 2017 is where things will really line up for us, especially if we get the recruiting class in the door next month that we should get. Gonna be a TON of great talent on the field in '17.

SDDawg
01-11-2016, 10:44 AM
I expect us to have a DC here when our official visitors get here Friday. We're not losing any commits because of this.

Related question for you IYOK- you think that picking up Buckley helps us get any commits that aren't currently in the boat. No need to be super specific, just looking for a general feeling on the matter.

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 10:45 AM
Agreed. 6 win floor, 8 win ceiling in my mind. Not that we couldn't win 9 games, I just don't think it's likely with everything we're losing. I'll be ecstatic next year if we win 8 regular season games because 2017 is where things will really line up for us, especially if we get the recruiting class in the door next month that we should get. Gonna be a TON of great talent on the field in '17.

I need to see our QB play before making any judgments.

Fitz & Staley are talented, but do they have instincts? Can they get us in the correct play? Can they read a defense? Can they lead the offense?

All these are questions that have not been answered & the answers to these questions will determine how many of those toss-up games we win or lose. At this point, we just don't know.

We don't even know what all Dak did for us.

Beaver
01-11-2016, 10:45 AM

Yes.. But Mullen wins the games he's supposed to win. We'll be favored in at least 6 of those first 8 games.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-11-2016, 10:50 AM
Related question for you IYOK- you think that picking up Buckley helps us get any commits that aren't currently in the boat. No need to be super specific, just looking for a general feeling on the matter.

I think he could help assist on a few guys but the only guy he'd have a legit stamp on would be Dez Fitzpatrick.

NEMSDOG
01-11-2016, 10:53 AM
I predict we start 8-0 and nationally ranked top 10. We going to be better than most outside people think. We will beat both LSU and Auburn.

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 10:55 AM

Tucker is still coaching so Georgia doesn't have a DC yet. Tenn just got Shoop even though they were working on getting him for a little while. Oregon, Arizonia, Purdue, and Wisconsin have all been without one longer than we have. It took Auburn nearly a month to get a guy.

Tbonewannabe
01-11-2016, 11:01 AM
Next year is basically almost the opposite of this year. We lose our QB but bring back almost everybody else. Basically on offense we lose Dak and Bear. What we return a better Oline from this year than anything we lost. On Defense we lose Calhoun and Redmond (half a year), Ryan Brown (Calvin played better at the end), Chris Jones, and Benni Brown. We also rotate a lot on Defense so the impact isn't as bad as losing Dak.

I will say Fitz looked as good against the crap teams as any QB could look. We don't know what he will do when he really gets in the fire but at this point he is as good or better than Dak was. Dak made HUGE strides in the off season so we will just hope Fitz learned how to do the work from Dak.

My biggest worry is that we will continue to let our best RBs sit on the bench while our Offense struggles to run the ball. Fitz isn't going to be able to make up for the lack of running game like Dak did. He won't need someone like Vick Ballard to help like Relf but he will need more than Concrete shoes and Holloway.

RougeDawg
01-11-2016, 11:03 AM
We are probably going to take at least a small step back next year. We are losing a lot. You don't lose the best player in the history of school and not step back a little. Especially when that player was the qb.

But we absolutely should start the season at 7-1 and then things are going to get dicey. We should be TAMU, but we also should have beat them last year. We could lose 3 out of our last 4 and very likely will lose the EB at the end of the season. This will be Mullen's most difficult year to date. He is going to have to coach is ass off to get us more than 8 wins which normally would be acceptable in most years, but if all the wins happen at the beginning of the year and we have a bad losing streak at the end, Mullen seat will be on fire.

I know everyone is in agreement that Dak is the best QB in MSU history. But most of the posters on here think we will completely suck next year because we are losing him. For one, we didn't use Dak in 2015 like we did in 2014. Secondly, while Dak was great his floor was much lower than the 2 QB's we have coming back. Both of our QB's coming back have a much higher ceiling than Dak and based on Mullen's previous QB development, only the ignorant can think that one, if not both, of our QB's will surpass what Dak has accomplished. Everyone acts like we are replacing Dak with a Relf. We are replacing Dak with a less experienced, more talented (at the same point in career) Dak type QB. I do not see is missing much of a beat with whoever takes snaps for us next season and the back loaded schedule only helps them. Our offense and QB has 7-8 weeks to get up to speed and get some nice wins under their belt. I do not expect much of a dropoff and see every game as winnable next year. As long as we fix OLine issues, anything less than 8 wins next year will be disappointing.

bulldawg28

And we could be 0-8...I have no idea why you think these guys are going to fall off the map now that Dak is gone. This is not the old MSU you grew up on.

Tbonewannabe
I predict we start 8-0 and nationally ranked top 10. We going to be better than most outside people think. We will beat both LSU and Auburn.

If we beat LSU in Baton Rouge someone on our team will be getting mentions for a Heisman. We don't have the secondary to cover LSU's receivers one on one like you have to because you load the box to stop Fournette.

Tbonewannabe
01-11-2016, 11:10 AM
I know everyone is in agreement that Dak is the best QB in MSU history. But most of the posters on here think we will completely suck next year because we are losing him. For one, we didn't use Dak in 2015 like we did in 2014. Secondly, while Dak was great his floor was much lower than the 2 QB's we have coming back. Both of our QB's coming back have a much higher ceiling than Dak and based on Mullen's previous QB development, only the ignorant can think that one, if not both, of our QB's will surpass what Dak has accomplished. Everyone acts like we are replacing Dak with a Relf. We are replacing Dak with a less experienced, more talented (at the same point in career) Dak type QB. I do not see is missing much of a beat with whoever takes snaps for us next season and the back loaded schedule only helps them. Our offense and QB has 7-8 weeks to get up to speed and get some nice wins under their belt. I do not expect much of a dropoff and see every game as winnable next year. As long as we fix OLine issues, anything less than 8 wins next year will be disappointing.

Fitz has went through 3 bowl practices, 3 spring trainings, and 3 summers before he is asked to start. The only thing he lacks is big game experience. We are a lot better off than if we went a got a Juco QB to start next year. As long as the talent is there which between Fitz, Staley, and Tiano looks like it is, we are in a good position.

CadaverDawg
01-11-2016, 11:26 AM
Saying we "Should" start 5-1 is a little extreme. Is it possible? Sure...but SEC games for first year starting QB's are never easy. Auburn will be better, South Carolina won't be a game we just show up and win, & at BYU is never a gimme.

I'm all for being positive, and I can see 7+ wins at first glance on that schedule if everything goes as planned....but setting an early expectation of starting "5-1" or "7-1" is being a bit ridiculous IMO. It's also setting yourself up for major disappointment & for some of our more fickle fans to be ready with torches & pitchforks to go after Mullen at the sign of a 5-2 start or something.

I'll go ahead and say, anything 7 wins or better next year, & nobody should say a thing about Mullen's seat being hot. 6 road games & a first year starting QB in the West....really 6+ next year is a win in my book. 8-9 should get serious Coach of the Year looks unless the teams on our schedule fall on their faces.

But that's just me.

mparkerfd20
01-11-2016, 11:42 AM

I agree. We will be a LOT better than most think we will be...Even most here. BUT, I will NOT predict we'll be 8-0. I think we could very well be 7-1 though.

Beaver
01-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Saying we "Should" start 5-1 is a little extreme. Is it possible? Sure...but SEC games for first year starting QB's are never easy. Auburn will be better, South Carolina won't be a game we just show up and win, & at BYU is never a gimme.

I'm all for being positive, and I can see 7+ wins at first glance on that schedule if everything goes as planned....but setting an early expectation of starting "5-1" or "7-1" is being a bit ridiculous IMO. It's also setting yourself up for major disappointment & for some of our more fickle fans to be ready with torches & pitchforks to go after Mullen at the sign of a 5-2 start or something.

I'll go ahead and say, anything 7 wins or better next year, & nobody should say a thing about Mullen's seat being hot. 6 road games & a first year starting QB in the West....really 6+ next year is a win in my book. 8-9 should get serious Coach of the Year looks unless the teams on our schedule fall on their faces.

But that's just me.

I said we "Could" start 7-1. It's not my expectation. I won't have an "expectation" until July or August.

TrapGame
01-11-2016, 11:48 AM
We will have more of the Relf look next year. Mullen is going to tailor the playbook to Fitz's strengths. There will be a good mix of run/pass a lot closer to Relf than Dak.

In other words, 7-1 is very possible going into November.

HSVDawg
01-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Yes.. But Mullen wins the games he's supposed to win. We'll be favored in at least 6 of those first 8 games.

Mullen lost the title of being the guy who "wins the games he's supposed to win" after the Egg Bowl and A&M games last year. And arguably the LSU game also.

OdaMaeBrown
01-11-2016, 11:56 AM

But that's just me.

They just won't understand it if we come out of the gate on fire and then have a bad ending to the season.

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Mullen lost the title of being the guy who "wins the games he's supposed to win" after the Egg Bowl and A&M games last year. And arguably the LSU game also.

Don't think we were favored in those games. I think that what most allude to when saying win the games he is suppose to win.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 11:59 AM

LSU will be undefeated when Bama comes to Tiger Stadium next year. They are loaded.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 12:03 PM
And we could be 0-8...I have no idea why you think these guys are going to fall off the map now that Dak is gone. This is not the old MSU you grew up on.

my pessimism is more about our D than O. Our O will be solid until we play upper level D-Lines. Our CB play plus questions on the DL as well at safety give me nothing but worry on D next year. We lost 5 starters on D and wont be replacing them with someone as good.

HancockCountyDog
01-11-2016, 12:08 PM
AU getting Lawson back is just a huge deal. That is a swing game in my opinion. Their defense should be pretty damn good, and I keep hearing they are going to run the ball 70-75% of the time next year with Jovon and Kerryon. They could be sneaky good next year.

Also, don't sleep on A&M. They have so much talent, and now that they added the OU QB, they are going to be problem. They have the best DE tandem in the country and they return everyone at WR. If the get just competent QB play, they will be extremely tough.

engie
01-11-2016, 12:11 PM

We were 4 point underdogs to aTm.
We were 3 point underdogs to LSU.
We were 2 point underdogs to OM.
We were 6 point underdogs to Arky.

We won one game as an underdog last year and lost zero as a favorite. Care to reexamine your position on that?

Coach34
01-11-2016, 12:11 PM
AU getting Lawson back is just a huge deal. That is a swing game in my opinion. Their defense should be pretty damn good, and I keep hearing they are going to run the ball 70-75% of the time next year with Jovon and Kerryon. They could be sneaky good next year.

Also, don't sleep on A&M. They have so much talent, and now that they added the OU QB, they are going to be problem. They have the best DE tandem in the country and they return everyone at WR. If the get just competent QB play, they will be extremely tough.

exactly-both these teams will likely be better than us in 2016. Auburn has a couple of bigtime DE and WR recruits coming in also

engie
01-11-2016, 12:16 PM
exactly-both these teams will likely be better than us in 2016. Auburn has a couple of bigtime DE and WR recruits coming in also

Everyone else is going to get better and we are going to get worse. The early 2013 narrative coming from the opposite side now off of 19 wins vs off a 5-11 stretch.

Auburn has bigtime recruits coming in -- that's a reason they will be much better. MSU has bigtime recruits coming in and coming off of redshirt -- "we lost starters and their replacements aren't as good".

bulldawg28
01-11-2016, 12:16 PM
my pessimism is more about our D than O. Our O will be solid until we play upper level D-Lines. Our CB play plus questions on the DL as well at safety give me nothing but worry on D next year. We lost 5 starters on D and wont be replacing them with someone as good.

On defense Jones, Calhoun, (Redmond was replaced last year) So we're looking at really 2 positions that lesser talent comes in. Both Brown's will be replaced with better talent.

fishwater99
01-11-2016, 12:19 PM
It all comes back to the O-line. They gel, let Fitz/Staley establish themselves, and get us back to having a run game, and this becomes plausible. Week 2 & 3 are the key tests. We handle USCe and maybe gain the confidence to pull another "no one knows what's about to take this field" in Red Stick???

Why did you say Fitz/Staley? I believe that Fitz will be our starter, Staley is with the Basketball team right now..

SheltonChoked
01-11-2016, 12:19 PM

Signed 1998 Tennessee.

bulldawg28
01-11-2016, 12:23 PM

Auburn's DE were there last year Lawson won't beat us by himself. I know Lawson didn't play against us last year. However, honestly we should have blown Auburn out of the water last year. Until Auburn shows me they have a Qb I'm not worried about any new WR. Auburn gets top talent every year. Gus has been figured out I'm not concerned unless Cam lines up for them next year

engie
01-11-2016, 12:27 PM
Calvin >/= Ryan Brown. I know, I know, he's coach's multi-year man crush that was going to dominate this year. Until it didn't materialize and AJ was the one that dominated.

We will see a drop from Jones to whoever takes that spot -- but should get better on the 2nd grouping with Adams rotating off redshirt and Thomas having more experience now. We can probably expect Nick James will improve as well. And I've yet to see a reason to believe AJ doesn't take another step forward.

We will be better at LB by proxy of Jackson being gone. Beni was really good but not irreplaceable. Not with Richie still here to head up the D.

We will be better at S.

We have young talent at corner. Alot of it. And a pretty good JUCO coming to compete for time as well. Anyone notice Jiles this year after the Redmond injury? I didn't. Meaning he was doing his job while Cleveland was getting picked on. If we don't start Cleveland strictly on seniority -- there is no reason we can't still be pretty good at this position. Elite talent doesn't necessarily translate to elite play at the position under this regime anyway. We saw that this year when we were soft zoning with Redmond and Calhoun the same way we soft zoned with Slay and Banks.

Coach34
01-11-2016, 12:30 PM
On defense Jones, Calhoun, (Redmond was replaced last year) So we're looking at really 2 positions that lesser talent comes in. Both Brown's will be replaced with better talent.

Redmond wasnt replaced with anything close to what he was
I'll have to see alot more before I think Ry Brown is replaced with better talent. And while maybe more talented overall- his replacement wont have the football IQ Benni did

JDog13
01-11-2016, 12:31 PM

^^^ ole miss troll

msstate7
01-11-2016, 12:33 PM
I'll have to see alot more before I think Ry Brown is replaced with better talent. And while maybe more talented overall- his replacement wont have the football IQ Benni did

Gotta figure we'll upgrade Benny's athleticism anyway. With Richie back, we should still have intelligence out there

CadaverDawg
01-11-2016, 12:45 PM

I like Ryan, but he never did break out like I expected him to each year. Calvin actually provided a better pass rush at the end of the year than Ryan did most of his career. Ryan was solid/good, but nothing "Great". I don't see a big drop off...probably an even better pass rush from Calvin.

ScoobaDawg
01-11-2016, 01:07 PM

Yep..and then finish 6-6 or 7-5 at best.

When I looked over the schedule in a way too early fashion I figured 7 as the +/- 1 number.

BrunswickDawg
01-11-2016, 01:17 PM
Why did you say Fitz/Staley? I believe that Fitz will be our starter, Staley is with the Basketball team right now..
Because no one has been named starter, and that reason only. I feel very strongly Fitz will be the guy - in fact way before most people on this board knew who he was.
From the "This Week in GA Commits" archives:
Honestly though, I think he has the tools to compete after a RS year. I could see Nick thriving with Shump and someone like Holloway out of the backfield. It would be a very Mullen at UF style O with Nick at QB. I am not saying he is Tebow - but he would be very good in that type offensive. Brunswickdawg 9.27.13

I've watched a lot of GA HS football, and I think both these guys have the goods. They are raw, and unseasoned but are both tremendous ATHLETES - something we always seem a little short on. Having seen Nick play, and from everyone I have talked to in coastal GA, they all say the same thing - Nick has "IT" and is the type kid that wants to lead and the team just gravitates to him. Everyone also says we are getting a big steal. No one at all is worried about his arm, or reads, or lack of passing stats. The words "perfect fit for Dan Mullen's system" come up in every conversation. BrunwickDawg 11.15.13

Coach34
01-11-2016, 02:18 PM
I like Ryan, but he never did break out like I expected him to each year. Calvin actually provided a better pass rush at the end of the year than Ryan did most of his career. Ryan was solid/good, but nothing "Great". I don't see a big drop off...probably an even better pass rush from Calvin.

Calvin didnt play the run all that well at times. He certainly needs to get more consistent there. But he is certainly more of a speed rusher than Brown

CadaverDawg
01-11-2016, 02:46 PM
Calvin didnt play the run all that well at times. He certainly needs to get more consistent there. But he is certainly more of a speed rusher than Brown

Yea I agree, Calvin was less than stellar vs the run. Hopefully he can improve that

HSVDawg
01-11-2016, 07:47 PM
We were 4 point underdogs to aTm.
We were 3 point underdogs to LSU.
We were 2 point underdogs to OM.
We were 6 point underdogs to Arky.

We won one game as an underdog last year and lost zero as a favorite. Care to reexamine your position on that?

So, we were supposed to lose to OM even though we hadn't lost to them at home in over a decade? And hadn't lost to them at home while having a team with a winning record in close to two decades?

We were supposed to lose to an A&M team who the worst team in our division went on the road and dominated?

I don't give two flying shits what Vegas said, we SHOULD have won both of those games, and we didn't. Mainly because our coach had us unprepared and coming out flat.

engie
01-11-2016, 07:57 PM
So, we were supposed to lose to OM even though we hadn't lost to them at home in over a decade? And hadn't lost to them at home while having a team with a winning record in close to two decades?

We were supposed to lose to an A&M team who the worst team in our division went on the road and dominated?

I don't give two flying shits what Vegas said, we SHOULD have won both of those games, and we didn't. Mainly because our coach had us unprepared and coming out flat.

So basically you are smarter than Vegas. And obviously a better evaluator. Got it. Let me hold a few million bucks from your obvious yearly winnings.

HSVDawg
01-11-2016, 09:05 PM
So basically you are smarter than Vegas. And obviously a better evaluator. Got it. Let me hold a few million bucks from your obvious yearly winnings.

Ok if you're going to be a smart ass about it, I'll put my original argument into terms you can understand better. Mullen lost his title of winning games he's supposed to win against Ole Miss in 2012 and 2014, Auburn in 2011, and Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. All of which are games we were favored in, and those are just off the top of my head. Happy?

IMissJack
01-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Thanks to another poster I spent some time looking at our 2016 schedule.

Sept. 3 SOUTH ALABAMA -- Win (1-0)
Sept. 10 SOUTH CAROLINA * -- It's at home vs an inferior SEC opponent...we should win (2-0)
Sept. 17 at LSU * -- Not enough talent to win in Baton Rouge again. (2-1)
Sept. 24 at UMass -- Away game for MSU, but almost a home game for Mullen. (3-1)
Oct. 1 Open -- Bye week to prepare for AU
Oct. 8 AUBURN * -- Another home SEC game. Auburn could be better, but they will have 2 or 3 losses coming into this game (4-1).
Oct. 15 at BYU -- Tough road game. However, BYU's schedule is brutal (They could have 5 losses coming in). Oh, and they lost to Mizzou this year. (5-1).
Oct. 22 at Kentucky * -- Another tough road matchup, but haven't seen much out of Stoops so far. MSU is just better. (6-1)
Oct. 29 SAMFORD -- Cupcake heading into a brutal November (7-1)

I don't think I'm being unrealistic here thinking we can win 7 games before November.

Nov. 5 TEXAS A&M * -- Program is in disarray, but they got a pretty nice transfer QB. No clue on this one but at least we get at home them later in the season.
Nov. 12 at Alabama * -- Nope.
Nov. 19 ARKANSAS * -- Got the pigs at home without their veteran QB and their best RB. Toss-up game with advantage to MSU for being in Starkville.
Nov. 26 at Ole Miss * -- Records go out the window in the Egg Bowl, but Ole Miss will have the SEC's best QB assuming Kelly stays.

Now, we could go 0-4 in November, but if we can just win the home games, we'd finish 9-3. Honestly, 8-4 is a pretty reasonable prediction given the way our schedule sets up. Long way to go until September, but I not throwing 2016 in the dumpster like some people already are.

It's a great schedule to break in a new QB on, that's for sure.

tcdog70
01-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Same shit as last year. I said we would win 9---we did. We will 9 again. Our running game will be back

engie
01-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Ok if you're going to be a smart ass about it, I'll put my original argument into terms you can understand better. Mullen lost his title of winning games he's supposed to win against Ole Miss in 2012 and 2014, Auburn in 2011, and Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl. All of which are games we were favored in, and those are just off the top of my head. Happy?

No. But I'm glad you got the whining out of your system.