PDA

View Full Version : Alex Collins leaving for the NFL...

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2016, 01:03 PM
So that Arkansas game is a W.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2016, 01:14 PM
Certainly helps, but I'll have to see what level of QB play we get before I proclaim anything.

I feel certain about three things next year:

1. We should got to a bowl

2. We are nowhere near talented enough to win the West

3. We have about 5 toss-up games.

mic
01-10-2016, 01:17 PM
Not a shock here..
Second best back in the SEC behind LF...

scottycameron
01-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Now that's some good news. Finally, lol.

mic
01-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Certainly helps, but I'll have to see what level of QB play we get before I proclaim anything.

I feel certain about three things next year:

1. We should got to a bowl

2. We are nowhere near talented enough to win the West

3. We have about 5 toss-up games.

We will always have 4- 5 toss up games... That's life in the sec west...

chef dixon
01-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Probably better news for us that Allen and Henry are gone

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2016, 01:26 PM
If we can't chalk this one up as a win, then we have some real problems. Arkansas' defense is awful. Their offense just lost their top 2 OL, their RB, their difference maker at TE, and most importantly their QB.

That game is at home, its a win. I don't see it as a toss up at this point. Obviously things change, but I don't see Arkansas adding impact recruits.

Coach34
01-10-2016, 01:34 PM
If we can't chalk this one up as a win, then we have some real problems. Arkansas' defense is awful. Their offense just lost their top 2 OL, their RB, their difference maker at TE, and most importantly their QB.

That game is at home, its a win. I don't see it as a toss up at this point. Obviously things change, but I don't see Arkansas adding impact recruits.

They have 20 of 22 guy returning on D- and are adding 2 highly rated DL players to the mix. Plus a 4-star TB. With what we are losing- 7 draft picks- this game could easily be a toss-up. Should we win it at home? Yes. But it will be a battle

Bully13
01-10-2016, 01:54 PM
They have 20 of 22 guy returning on D- and are adding 2 highly rated DL players to the mix. Plus a 4-star TB. With what we are losing- 7 draft picks- this game could easily be a toss-up. Should we win it at home? Yes. But it will be a battle

We're losing 7 draft picks? Who are they?

Coach34
01-10-2016, 01:58 PM
We're losing 7 draft picks? Who are they?

Jones
Prescott
Bear
Redmond
Calhoun
Bennie Brown
Ryan Brown

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 02:12 PM
How many draft picks is AR losing?

TUSK
01-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Not a shock here..

Dawgowar
01-10-2016, 02:20 PM

What kind of fu-cked up acid trip was Dr. Seuss on when he came up with that critter?

TUSK
01-10-2016, 02:26 PM
What kind of fu-cked up acid trip was Dr. Seuss on when he came up with that critter?

dude, you owe me a keyboard!

it's an "elephant-fish"... as you can see, he is not "biting"....

Dawgowar
01-10-2016, 02:35 PM
dude, you owe me a keyboard!

it's an "elephant-fish"... as you can see, he is not "biting"....

No, but his facial profile and sucking appendix make him Yancy's and Shep's second favorite animal friend. I can see the book now: "Will he suck me in the Grove? Will he make me scream and moan?"

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 02:39 PM
No, but his facial profile and sucking appendix make him Yancy's and Shep's second favorite animal friend. I can see the book now: "Will he suck me in the Grove? Will he make me scream and moan?"

Really dude. Your going to post that. Where is the bleach for my brain. Erase, erase, erase this from my memory bank.

Dawgowar
01-10-2016, 02:46 PM
Tusk started it. Will however refrain from Yancy and Shep's first favorite animal jokes. Hanging head in shame and thinking about how I made others feel.

WPS
01-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Obviously things change, but I don't see Arkansas adding impact recruits.

Depends how the replacements fit in. We signed the #1 ranked TE class last year so that should help with Hunter Henry leaving and just got a commitment from the #3 ranked RB in Devwah Whaley. We just need one of the QBs to step up among the three 4*'s on campus. Most think it will be Brandon's brother Austin Allen or USC transfer Ricky Town.

You guys pretty much shut down Collins this year though lol

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-10-2016, 05:47 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dawgowar again.

Political Hack
01-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Not a shock here..

I have first pick in my rookie draft next year for fantasy. Right now, I'm thinking it's either him or Henry. Be interesting to see where they end up.

Political Hack
01-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Depends how the replacements fit in. We signed the #1 ranked TE class last year so that should help with Hunter Henry leaving and just got a commitment from the #3 ranked RB in Devwah Whaley. We just need one of the QBs to step up among the three 4*'s on campus. Most think it will be Brandon's brother Austin Allen or USC transfer Ricky Town.

You guys pretty much shut down Collins this year though lol

Our defense should be better overall. Well also be better at every offensive position except QB and TE. Everyone thinks we're going to suck because Dak is gone now, but we'll win between 8-10 again in all likelihood.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2016, 09:29 PM
I have first pick in my rookie draft next year for fantasy. Right now, I'm thinking it's either him or Henry. Be interesting to see where they end up.

Collins over Henry all day everyday.

Collins is more elusive & has a quicker burst.

SEC Running backs ranking on who will be the best pros:

Fournette
Chubb
Collins
Herd
Henry

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2016, 10:00 PM
Take a long look at Ezekial Elliot. Also , paidwell will be a very good pro.

Brando
01-10-2016, 10:32 PM
Wasn't the other back Akransas lost to injury better than Collins was? If I remember correct, that guy was an absolute beast yr before last!! I believe he is going to the draft also isnt he?

Dawg61
01-11-2016, 12:38 AM

Fournette
Chubb
Collins
Herd
Henry

Did you not see Chubb's knee injury?

http://www.miseeharris.com/georgia-loses-star-running-back-nick-chubb-to-left-knee-injury/

Spiderman
01-11-2016, 03:49 AM
Not a shock here..

Ok.......

I'd lots rather face him as a fan, as a coach, and mostly as a defender than Henry. Henry and LF are the modern day Bo and Herschel's of the SEC as running backs. What they have done is unreal

Political Hack
01-11-2016, 08:58 AM

Fournette
Chubb
Collins
Herd
Henry

I wish I had it next year with LF7 and McCaffery coming out. No way I use that pick on Chubb. Too risky, but Collins vs Henry is a tough choice. Bama RBs haven't been great in the NFL lately, but this one is 240 lbs and can run away from SEC speed. That's impressive. I do like Collins a lot though. He runs with purpose and probably has better vision.

Dawgowar
01-11-2016, 10:20 AM
So long as Day One of the draft does not have Jerry standing there going "We are real excited to find a long snapper like this in the first round. That really sets the tempo for your special teams."

Make the Jones family go away....just leave Texas and leave the Cowboys. Top 4 pick and we have to worry about him doing something monumentally stupid.

Impact D linemen/LB in rounds one and two, Dak or similar in third. No real great QB in this draft. Dak should have 1 to 1 and 1/2 seasons to groom under Romo.

Then again "France has not produced many Running Backs but this kid looks like a real asset to our team!"

WPS
01-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Wasn't the other back Akransas lost to injury better than Collins was? If I remember correct, that guy was an absolute beast yr before last!! I believe he is going to the draft also isnt he?

He is but coming off of a broken foot idk where in the draft he will go. I liked him better than Collins prior to this season but Collins really turned it on as the lead back. Two completely different styles of back though.