PDA

View Full Version : College basketball

msstate7
01-09-2016, 10:50 PM
I really like the sport and it's killing me that once again our season is pretty much over the first week of sec play. Please Howland get this turned around. Gotta tell you that seeing pearl (well accomplished coach) struggling big time has me a little worried.

C222
01-09-2016, 10:52 PM
I really like the sport and it's killing me that once again our season is pretty much over the first week of sec play. Please Howland get this turned around. Gotta tell you that seeing pearl (well accomplished coach) struggling big time has me a little worried.

Not sure if anyone saw the OM/UGA ending but I'm pretty sure Moody took 12 steps on that last layup.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 10:53 PM
Not sure if anyone saw the OM/UGA ending but I'm pretty sure Moody took 12 steps on that last layup.

I saw it. It was ridiculous.

klong-dog
01-09-2016, 11:01 PM
Not to mention they spent about 10 mins looking at a ball that was obviously out on the lil Wayne wannabe. But they give the ball to om none the less.

messageboardsuperhero
01-09-2016, 11:08 PM

UM has been living a charmed life here lately. I'm ready for karma to kick those pencil dick bastards right in the teeth.

SDDawg
01-09-2016, 11:14 PM
UM has been living a charmed life here lately. I'm ready for karma to kick those pencil dick bastards right in the teeth.

+1

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 11:33 PM

Frank Martin struggled early too. How's South Carolina looking now?

Charlie_Sheen420
01-10-2016, 12:09 AM
Frank Martin struggled early too. How's South Carolina looking now?
We don't have that kind of patience**

HoopsDawg
01-10-2016, 12:20 AM

U can't undo 3 years of Rick Ray in 1 season. Pearl hasn't had time either. Next year won't be very good either unless Malik returns.

MarketingBully
01-10-2016, 02:51 AM
U can't undo 3 years of Rick Ray in 1 season. Pearl hasn't had time either. Next year won't be very good either unless Malik returns.

Really? This is one of the more idiotic statements I have heard tonight. Next year with 9 4+ star players and a Final Four coach won't be any good unless we have Malik? I guess I want to know how you define any good. My thinking is next year we make the NIT at least and compete for the SEC title in year 3. I am good with that progress and he will have erased the stink of Ray by next year.

MarketingBully
01-10-2016, 03:13 AM
The problem with this team is our shitty players think they are the shit and are trying to take this team over especially Sword right now instead of him realizing he should be the third option of our offense. Our offense should go through Ware and he should create shots for Q and Malik. In theory, this works best but it is obvious these seniors prefer ego to winning. Sword is averaging 6 turnovers a game in SEC play. He really shouldn't be doing anything but driving to the basket if given the chance and shooting only open jumpers from 12 feet in. This team has talent but these seniors have created a toxic chemistry of self before team. Until we start playing like we did against Tulane, Northern Colorado, and UNCC and share the ball selflessly, we will continue to lose these games. We do still have time to turn this around though but it will be up to the seniors and they will have to put their ego away and want to win. We shall see.

MarketingBully
01-10-2016, 03:25 AM

They have one great player and a lot of average players that know and accept their roles which creates great chemistry. If they didn't have Moody, their team would suck big time. Their program will come crashing down next year as Kennedy brought in a bunch of three stars to replace who they lose this year weakening their talent level. In this league, you don't need a ton of talent just two great players with the rest role players that know their role and you can win a lot of games. That has been Kennedy's blueprint since he has been at Ole Miss. Our chemistry sucks big time this year because our seniors are putting their ego before the team and winning and we are getting these results. Sword cannot be the guy and we win games. We need Ware, Newman, and Q to get our shots and points. We need our guys to accept their roles and the winning will come. It's up to our seniors to see if they will do this.