View Full Version : DC

msstate7
01-09-2016, 08:41 PM
What's our board look like now?

Dawgowar
01-09-2016, 08:53 PM
What's our board look like now?

1. A DC who can recruit and half the board hates
2. A DC that can't recruit and h alf the board hates.
3. Mullen running through Old Waverly yelling "Scooby Doo, where are youuuuuuu?"

preachermatt83
01-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Ogre - Said thanks but no thanks
Allen- Something fell through THANKFULLY
Rhoads- I think he's the leader

Statefan
01-09-2016, 08:58 PM
I have to think its between Allen and Rhoads

C222
01-09-2016, 09:02 PM

Kind of amazing how wrong you've been this whole time.

HoopsDawg
01-09-2016, 09:04 PM
I have to think its between Allen and Rhoads

Gotta admit I'm not excited about Rhoads but I haven't done a ton of research yet.

PendingTransaction
01-09-2016, 09:05 PM
Rhoads missed on the TX St job. He'd interested in our job and will or has interview(ed).

maroonmania
01-09-2016, 09:10 PM
Seems like Allen would have already given his answer by now if he really interviewed and was given an offer and conditions over 2 days ago. And if it was a yes somebody here would know. I'm thinking we are moving on with somebody else.

Dawgtini
01-09-2016, 09:17 PM
Seems like Allen would have already given his answer by now if he really interviewed and was given an offer and conditions over 2 days ago. And if it was a yes somebody here would know. I'm thinking we are moving on with somebody else.
I'm thinking that no one has been offered the job yet, unless Rhoades was being interviewed today and was offered.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2016, 09:20 PM

Based on everything I've heard, that's not the case. But I don't claim to have great sources, so...

C222
01-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Based on everything I've heard, that's not the case. But I don't claim to have great sources, so...

You are correct Cadaver.

Jack Lambert
01-09-2016, 09:46 PM

Be honest this is your source.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=toy+eight+ball&FORM=HDRSC2#!?q=toy+eight+ball&view=detailv2&&id=3E4E673A5F382C7B1FCA77ECDAB088276BF83800&selectedIndex=15&ccid=lQ7xO7Zj&simid=608002825474933806&thid=OIP.M950ef13bb6638fe6f186c2d7d2fa67bao0&mode=overlay

Coach34
01-09-2016, 09:46 PM
We didn't offer Ogre a damn thing

Rhodes would be a huge turd of a hire

TrapGame
01-09-2016, 09:52 PM
If it's Rhodes we screwed the pooch.

Blackout
01-09-2016, 09:53 PM

So it'll be Rhodes then. We are Meh-State

bulldawg28
01-09-2016, 09:55 PM
According to Georgia Tucker hasn't committed to the DC role.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 09:57 PM
According to Georgia Tucker hasn't committed to the DC role.

I'd be very surprised if he chose us over Georgia

Statefan
01-09-2016, 09:59 PM
I read that Tucker was in consideration at the HC at some school in Texas. UT San Antonio or something

Statefan
01-09-2016, 10:03 PM

C34, has the deal with Allen fallen through over some snags in the contract? Or is everyone just being super quiet?

HancockCountyDog
01-09-2016, 10:03 PM

I'm not sure why we are waiting so long to release O as the DC.

It's a DONE DEAL!!!

maroonmania
01-09-2016, 10:04 PM

Are you hearing Allen is off the board?

smootness
01-09-2016, 10:08 PM

Why?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-09-2016, 10:10 PM
I don't think anybody has any solid info on this hire. The amount of stuff that has leaked has been slim to none. Just a lot of speculating.

TXDawg
01-09-2016, 10:20 PM
I certainly don't have any "sources", so this is simply a wild-ass guess:

I don't think we would've hired a defensive assistant without first getting input from the DC. This leads me to believe that we've reached an agreement with SOMEONE (I have no idea who), but that we're waiting on his season to end before we announce the hire.

Yes, I realize that this scenario limits our choices to coaches currently on staff at Clemson, Alabama, and NFL playoff teams, but that's my theory at this point.

Coach34
01-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Last I heard Allen is still on the board and Mullen has a couple more interviews to go

Liverpooldawg
01-09-2016, 10:29 PM

You actually believe Football Scoop don't you?

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 10:33 PM
You actually believe Football Scoop don't you?

I have to take up for Preacher here. He brought up Orgeron as being the candidate days before scoop did.

yjnkdawg
01-09-2016, 10:35 PM

Why would Ogre even be interested in another DC position when supposedly he declined the LSU DC Position? Unless you know first hand that he was offered the job, this whole thing was initiated by the hotty toddy boys over at FootballScoop.

ScottH
01-09-2016, 10:42 PM
I don't think anybody has any solid info on this hire. The amount of stuff that has leaked has been slim to none. Just a lot of speculating.

Probably most accurate post on the search since began a week ago.

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 10:58 PM
I read that Tucker was in consideration at the HC at some school in Texas. UT San Antonio or something

Supposedly withdrew his name from consideration. Hal Mumme is a candidate though.

preachermatt83
01-10-2016, 12:15 AM

Wrong twice in one post

HancockCountyDog
01-10-2016, 12:24 AM
Wrong twice in one post

You hear that Coach? Done deal!.

Todd4State
01-10-2016, 12:45 AM
I have to take up for Preacher here. He brought up Orgeron as being the candidate days before scoop did.

That was hilarious while it lasted. I was skeptical about it when I saw the source and I thought it might have been a shot at Elitedawgs thinking that we all wanted Orgeron as the DC when that really wasn't the case at all.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 12:54 AM
That was hilarious while it lasted. I was skeptical about it when I saw the source and I thought it might have been a shot at Elitedawgs thinking that we all wanted Orgeron as the DC when that really wasn't the case at all.

They probably do monitor this site. They live to try and get a rise out of us. Hey, I think Rhoads name was mentioned on here days before them as well. Hmmmm

Todd4State
01-10-2016, 12:55 AM
My guess is Dan is doing his due diligence on this. I think I remember Paul saying that they would like to have a DC in place before the dead period ends, so based on the timing of everything, I kind of thought we would name someone either this upcoming Tuesday or Monday at the earliest if I had to guess.

If things start leaking out tomorrow it will probably be Monday. Unless that happens, I'm sticking to Tuesday.

When it's all said and done, I think we probably find out that we interviewed Tucker, Allen, Rhodes and probably someone else- probably Butler from the Texans. One of those four is probably going to be our DC. Allen is probably the best out of those four IMO. Most of the rest are "northern" guys and Rhodes is pretty much a retread. His defense at Iowa State this year was alarming considering he probably had a hand in it. I think Tucker ends up at Georgia when it's all said and done even though I have a feeling that he is Dan's first choice.

Todd4State
01-10-2016, 12:58 AM
They probably do monitor this site. They live to try and get a rise out of us. Hey, I think Rhoads name was mentioned on here days before them as well. Hmmmm

True, but I think Paul has said that there were some things that lead to Rhoads being interviewed by Dan.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Yeah I agree Todd and felt the same pretty much as you. I kind of thought he may go through the convention before naming the DC. He has a track record of being pretty diligent in the past. I have various feelings on each and have made it known pretty well that I like Allen and really think he is an up and comer DC. But I trust Dan simply because by and large when he has had to replace a coach, he has done pretty well most of the time. And if someone else is a better fit then I'm good with it.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 01:04 AM
True, but I think Paul has said that there were some things that lead to Rhoads being interviewed by Dan.

Yeah. I was being facetious about the Rhoads deal. I think he has been a more legitimate candidate and more accurately report on than Ogre. I think there was interest from us on Tucker as well. I just think it was always going to be GA if he was offered there. Which I don't blame him.

Todd4State
01-10-2016, 02:25 AM
Yeah I agree Todd and felt the same pretty much as you. I kind of thought he may go through the convention before naming the DC. He has a track record of being pretty diligent in the past. I have various feelings on each and have made it known pretty well that I like Allen and really think he is an up and comer DC. But I trust Dan simply because by and large when he has had to replace a coach, he has done pretty well most of the time. And if someone else is a better fit then I'm good with it.

Well, even with Buckley it was "he's going to be hired" and then "it may not be Buckley" and then a couple of days later we hire Buckley. Dan I'm sure looks at a lot of the same stuff us keyboard cowboys look at. I'm sure he will make an informed hire.

Todd4State
01-10-2016, 02:30 AM
Yeah. I was being facetious about the Rhoads deal. I think he has been a more legitimate candidate and more accurately report on than Ogre. I think there was interest from us on Tucker as well. I just think it was always going to be GA if he was offered there. Which I don't blame him.

I think Tucker is who Dan really wants. But the thing about Tucker from what I have heard is he wants to bring in Marc Snyder with him- which was part of the reason for any hold up on Buckley's hire if I had to guess.

We could still hire Tucker, but that might mean us having to move Sallach to the front office to make room for Snyder. Which is crazy because with Tucker, TBuck, and Deshea that would give us three DB coaches.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rhoads is more interested in us than we are him. He's the only rumored candidate that I am aware of that currently doesn't have a job.

Big4Dawg
01-10-2016, 03:23 AM
Tucker has already been hired by UGa

Political Hack
01-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Here's what I know/believe: We never offered Ogre. We were in negotiations with Allen, but that looks to have fallen through. Unless he's willing to agree to our stipulations, I'm glad he's not he guy. Tucker was a candidate, not sure how long that lasted. Hopson's name was being thrown out as a PR favor. Rhoades is in play now.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2016, 10:12 AM
Here's what I know/believe: We never offered Ogre. We were in negotiations with Allen, but that looks to have fallen through. Unless he's willing to agree to our stipulations, I'm glad he's not he guy. Tucker was a candidate, not sure how long that lasted. Hopson's name was being thrown out as a PR favor. Rhoades is in play now.

Here, I'll help. Not sure why you guys keep leaving off Butler. His season ended yesterday & Mullen probably wanted to interview him.

Here's the thing about Butler. Rosebowl had probably never heard of him till this, so it highly likely that a good source told him this name.

http://i.imgur.com/dxqRGKr.jpg

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2016, 07:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RmHGRpc.png

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-10-2016, 07:55 PM
Both of those guys are pretty meh. I would rather get the guy that just got fired from the Vols.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Both of those guys are pretty meh. I would rather get the guy that just got fired from the Vols.

How do you know they are both meh?

I've heard people on here complain about every single DC candidate that has been brought. They are a freaking assistant coach for goodness sakes. If they were Nick Saban or Kirby Smart, they'd be a head coach.

Rhodes has had successful stints as a DC in the past & Butler looks to me like an up & coming hot shot. I don't know how anyone could just dismiss them as meh.

Barking 13
01-10-2016, 08:57 PM
It's MANNY!!!! ****

Op4isabitch
01-10-2016, 08:58 PM
It's MANNY!!!! ****

Booooooooo, you suck. ������

maroonmania
01-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Is anyone surprised that we don't seem to be looking at any up and coming hot shot non-P5 defensive coordinators? There are some good ones out there. I mean if we are going to low ball again that's where we are probably going to find the best pool of candidates.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 09:26 PM
Is anyone surprised that we don't seem to be looking at any up and coming hot shot non-P5 defensive coordinators? There are some good ones out there. I mean if we are going to low ball again that's where we are probably going to find the best pool of candidates.

I think it may be the case of those types have proven to be short timers here as DC. Maybe looking for something a little different this time. Just a guess. However, Allen fits the mould you are describing.

DownwardDawg
01-10-2016, 09:29 PM

Nobody on message boards has any idea who all we're interested in. They may know of a couple of interviews but that's it. No telling who we'll end up hiring.

maroonmania
01-10-2016, 09:30 PM
I think it may be the case of those types have proven to be short timers here as DC. Maybe looking for something a little different this time. Just a guess

Manny gave us no loyalty but Collins did stay 4 years.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Manny gave us no loyalty but Collins did stay 4 years.

Only 2 as DC though. And Allen fits the young up and coming profile.

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2016, 09:34 PM

So does Butler.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 09:39 PM
So does Butler.

Not really. He was talking Non Power 5 young DC. He was DC at Penn State one year and now a pro position coach. And other than Steve has anyone heard his name mentioned much? I've heard of Allen from numerous sources, Tucker and Rhoads as well. Not saying it's not true just his name is not out there as nearly much. For all we know it's someone completely outside of these guys and he was waiting on the convention to talk to them. I think I would talk to Jancek as well.

maroonmania
01-10-2016, 09:48 PM

Yes, Allen does fit that bill if he's still a viable candidate given his close connections with Freeze. I've kind of written him off but maybe I shouldn't.

Dawgowar
01-10-2016, 10:20 PM
It's Dan's ass. He knows that. Don't mean that in a threatening way but he knows he has to keep producing. I want him to get the guy that he is comfortable with. Now, if we could maybe learn to cover the TE in play action, tackle a normally pedestrian TSUN RB....

Leroy Jenkins
01-10-2016, 10:20 PM
Dan Mullen is the DC, everyone else coaches positions. Ever notice every year we change DCs but not defensive philosophy?

Im kidding...... but not much.

ScottH
01-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Is anyone surprised that we don't seem to be looking at any up and coming hot shot non-P5 defensive coordinators? .

I realize we may be toward the bottom of SEC pay scale but good lord that's still top 25 or so nationally I would think. If so, you would think most Non P5 plus a fair number of P5 DC's would be lined up for the gig. 5 SEC DC's were just hired (3 P5 DC, 1 Co DC P5, 1 Position P5).

What is rumored to be our candidate pool seems lacking to me.

Really confuses me is Chuck Heater's name hasn't popped up. He has had fairly stout defenses at Marshall and he and Mullen were at UF together. However, second sentence may answer the first. Or his age (60+) may be it.

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 01:37 AM
I realize we may be toward the bottom of SEC pay scale but good lord that's still top 25 or so nationally I would think. If so, you would think most Non P5 plus a fair number of P5 DC's would be lined up for the gig. 5 SEC DC's were just hired (3 P5 DC, 1 Co DC P5, 1 Position P5).

What is rumored to be our candidate pool seems lacking to me.

Really confuses me is Chuck Heater's name hasn't popped up. He has had fairly stout defenses at Marshall and he and Mullen were at UF together. However, second sentence may answer the first. Or his age (60+) may be it.

I think it has to do with his age, coaching in his home state and with his friend Holiday. He may be interested in finishing his career there. He has done good job at Marshall.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Bump....any new news?

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Bump....any new news?

He's Coming!!!

Dawgowar
01-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Joe Lee Ogeron-Allen will be named Defensive Coordinator of Mississippi State University tomorrow.

PendingTransaction
01-11-2016, 04:30 PM
Chris Wilson. Mullen gives second chances.

NeshobaChuck
01-11-2016, 04:43 PM
http://youtu.be/08i9kvCJvJ0

ShotgunDawg
01-11-2016, 04:44 PM
On Rosebowl's Boneyard today, he was again talking about Butler & how he & Mullen have been good friends for a long time. Continues to be worth watching

maroonmania
01-11-2016, 05:25 PM
On Rosebowl's Boneyard today, he was again talking about Butler & how he & Mullen have been good friends for a long time.

Almost sounds like Hevesy for the defense. Gulp.