PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the NFL Playoffs?

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Houston can't get out of their own way right now. KC returned the opening kick 106 yards and Hoyer has 2 INTs and a fumble. Just threw one on the goal line. 13-0 Chiefs in the 2nd Quarter. Chiefs are good, but holy shit, Houston is choking really hard. Desperately need to upgrade at QB and the OL.

mic
01-09-2016, 05:47 PM
It amazes me what coaches get paid today and make some of the decisions They do ....

whosyourdawgy
01-09-2016, 05:56 PM
Good grief this is an ugly game. Hoyer has 3 int's and a fumble lost. It's time to let Weeden try or something. Can't be much worse than he has looked in this first half

huffy
01-09-2016, 05:59 PM
It's O'Brien's first season. He inherited an abysmal QB situation to begin with. I feel like they have the pieces to build around with Hopkins and Watt. I feel like he can really turn this team around with a QB and maybe two more quality pieces. I mean hell, they are in the playoffs.

BUT after 3 picks in a half (all three bad decisions on his part)... you gotta sit the QB.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2016, 06:07 PM
It's O'Brien's first season. He inherited an abysmal QB situation to begin with. I feel like they have the pieces to build around with Hopkins and Watt. I feel like he can really turn this team around with a QB and maybe two more quality pieces. I mean hell, they are in the playoffs.

BUT after 3 picks in a half (all three bad decisions on his part)... you gotta sit the QB.

Second season. And he chose to run off Case Keenum, who would be way better than Weeden. No QB is on him. And don't even get me started on running off Andre Johnson. He might not be the #1 WR with Hopkins on the team, but he's still better than everyone else on the roster.

huffy
01-09-2016, 06:15 PM
Second season. And he chose to run off Case Keenum, who would be way better than Weeden. No QB is on him. And don't even get me started on running off Andre Johnson. He might not be the #1 WR with Hopkins on the team, but he's still better than everyone else on the roster.

ah damn. my bad. for some reason I was thinking it's his first. well then no excuses. haha.

you gotta give Alfred Blue some credit. dude is running hard when he gets a chance.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 06:25 PM
Really hope dak gets drafted by KC. Reid would be the perfect coach for dak.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2016, 06:28 PM
ah damn. my bad. for some reason I was thinking it's his first. well then no excuses. haha.

you gotta give Alfred Blue some credit. dude is running hard when he gets a chance.

No doubt, Blue is a solid #2. Not having Foster is a huge blow for this offense. If Hoyer would pull his head out of his ass, this might actually turn into a game. 4 TOs in a half should get you benched, even if your last name is Manning or Brady.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2016, 06:29 PM
Really hope dak gets drafted by KC. Reid would be the perfect coach for dak.

I mentioned KC as a good fit for him a week or so ago. You're right, Reid would be a great coach for him. Plus he'd get to sit behind Alex Smith for a couple of years and learn instead of being thrown to the wolves imediately.

Jack Straw
01-09-2016, 06:30 PM
Texans passed over D. Carr in the draft last year. Blame on HC and GM.

mic
01-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Pro teams don't run WILDCAT on the 2 yard line on first down with a DE...
Period.. Even if they had scored that was one of the worse play calls I have ever seen..

msstate7
01-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Pro teams don't run WILDCAT on the 2 yard line on first down with a DE...
Period.. Even if they had scored that was one of the worse play calls I have ever seen..

Must have consulted freeze this week**

huffy
01-09-2016, 06:33 PM
WMD, you seem to be a big Texans fan.. how had BMac done this season? I haven't got to watch him much outside of this game. I see that he has decent stats for a rookie MLB that has to play behind Cushing.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2016, 06:39 PM
Texans passed over D. Carr in the draft last year. Blame on HC and GM.

Two years ago. And they drafted Tom Savage instead. Doesn't look like a good decision right now, but Savage essentially didn't play last year and went on IR in Week 1 (I think) this season. So we don't really know what we've got in Savage. I can't imagine he'd have been worse than Mallett. But I don't think he's a big time QB, either. Regardless, Houston needs to find a way to upgrade QB.

But no one is talking about the OL and WR groups needing some upgrades, either. Those are hurting right now, too. Upgrading the OL would help everyone, including the QBs, but particularly the RBs who have to play when Foster misses time every season. And we need someone opposite Hopkins that's a threat so teams don't start doubling him. Jaelen Strong isn't off to a great start, but he's had flashes of being good. Bear might be a good fit, actually. Houston could also use a really good TE. Feidoriwicz has been a big bust.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2016, 06:42 PM
WMD, you seem to be a big Texans fan.. how had BMac done this season? I haven't got to watch him much outside of this game. I see that he has decent stats for a rookie MLB that has to play behind Cushing.

Actually, he's starting beside Cushing. Houston runs a 3-4 and B-Mac is the other ILB. He's had a solid season but missed several games early due to injury. He's going to be good and will probably make Cushing expendable soon. Cushing is a shell of what he was after two horrific knee injuries in back-to-back seasons.

huffy
01-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Actually, he's starting beside Cushing. Houston runs a 3-4 and B-Mac is the other ILB. He's had a solid season but missed several games early due to injury. He's going to be good and will probably make Cushing expendable soon. Cushing is a shell of what he was after two horrific knee injuries in back-to-back seasons.

I knew they ran a 3-4. poor choice of words on my part. Regardless, I'm glad he is performing well.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2016, 06:59 PM
And now, down 27 in the 4th, O'Brien decides it's time to go to Weeden. What. The. Hell. Might as well stick with Hoyer, cause it's OVAH. Complete dumbass move here. If you were going to switch, it should have been right after halftime or after Hoyer failed to get the team a score on the first possession of the 3rd.

mstatefan91
01-10-2016, 12:27 AM
So the Bengals decide to self destruct at the end of the game against the Steelers. Self destruct is putting it lightly. I've never seen a bigger shit show in my life from both sides.

Bully13
01-10-2016, 01:26 PM
Is it be coming common for players introducing themselves with their high school instead of their college? KJ sure seemed proud to be a DOG. A&M, CAL & NW State got dissed

mstatefan91
01-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Is it be coming common for players introducing themselves with their high school instead of their college? KJ sure seemed proud to be a DOG. A&M, CAL & NW State got dissed

They want to represent where they are from, not just where they played college ball. I can get that.

Outside Dawg
01-10-2016, 01:59 PM
What dogs are in the playoffs? I know some, but I missed seeing any announcements as to all of the dogs in the playoffs. At this point, my cheering is dictated by which dogs get a ring.

CadaverDawg
01-10-2016, 02:02 PM
What dogs are in the playoffs? I know some, but I missed seeing any announcements as to all of the dogs in the playoffs. At this point, my cheering is dictated by which dogs get a ring.

Not sure who all we have, but KJ Wright is in this game.

Outside Dawg
01-10-2016, 02:26 PM
Wright- Seahawks
McKinney- Texans (out)
Love- Panthers
Smith- Redskins
Boyd- Packers (IR)
Who else?....