PDA

View Full Version : Malik Newman

YazooDawg23
01-09-2016, 05:32 PM
I am starting to think he may never set foot on an NBA court. He is not exceptional in any area. His best attribute is his shooting ability and he is streaky at best. He can't go by his defender any better than Sword, Q, or Ready. He is not a great defender. For now, he needs to focus on becoming a good college player.

cheewgumm
01-09-2016, 05:36 PM
He needs to SHOOT MORE, and take it to the hole more( that's what she said).

Honestly, someone else made this point and I'll echo it. He needs to shoot 15 times a game minimum. Also go to the basket.

YazooDawg23
01-09-2016, 05:38 PM
The problem is he can't het his shot off. The reason Sword shoots so much is he has the ability to go by his defender.

MarketingBully
01-09-2016, 05:42 PM
Why do we have threads like this? Newman, Q, and Holman (our freshmen) are not the problems with this team.

ScoobaDawg
01-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Exactly... he only took 7 shots today.

mic
01-09-2016, 05:44 PM

Honestly, someone else made this point and I'll echo it. He needs to shoot 15 times a game minimum. Also go to the basket.

It was me.. He needs to be more selfish.. As bad as that sounds..

cheewgumm
01-09-2016, 05:44 PM
This thread is not saying any of them are a "problem".

They're not. We want them to do more.

mic
01-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Why do we have threads like this? Newman, Q, and Holman (our freshmen) are not the problems with this team.

Excellent point.. 100% correct

YazooDawg23
01-09-2016, 05:45 PM
The thread is about Malik Newman being an NBA player. Their are plenty of problems with this team. I am glad we have been competitive in these first two. This is a foundation year for the future.

drummerdawg
01-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Malik isn't a natural PG. He doesn't have elite ball handling skills. He is however a natural scorer. He's got a ton of talent and I think it will show more in time. He's not NBA ready this year but that doesn't mean he wont ever be.

MarketingBully
01-09-2016, 05:47 PM

If Q, Newman, and Ware shot 80% of our shots, we would have a much better record then we do now. For instance, sure Sword had 21 but he also turned it over 8 times. He basically negated himself out of the game on turnovers alone.

MarketingBully
01-09-2016, 05:48 PM
The thread is about Malik Newman being an NBA player. Their are plenty of problems with this team. I am glad we have been competitive in these first two. This is a foundation year for the future.

Malik Newman has the potential to be an All-Star NBA player. Howland will get him ready for the NBA whether he leaves this year or next. To say he isn't an NBA player is assinine.

HoopsDawg
01-09-2016, 05:50 PM

I agree that another year of college ball could really help him. He needs to work on his handle and find a way to be more assertive.

maroonmania
01-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Malik Newman has the potential to be an All-Star NBA player. Howland will get him ready for the NBA whether he leaves this year or next. To say he isn't an NBA player is assinine.

No question that he has NBA potential but that is not my concern right now as an MSU fan. I really thought as a Top 5 to 10 HS recruit that he would come in and take over a game every now and then (like Simmons has done and many KY recruits). So far we haven't seen that at all. Guess I just had my expectations way too high for him. I would have expected the same thing had we gotten Monta Ellis to campus. Right now, while Newman is a good player, I don't think he's in the league that Monta was coming out of HS.

cheewgumm
01-09-2016, 06:05 PM
It was me.. He needs to be more selfish.. As bad as that sounds..

Yep, it's a good point. Sorry, couldn't recall who said it.

messageboardsuperhero
01-09-2016, 06:06 PM

No, next year will be the foundation year. This year is a throw away.

I thought it might not be given potential improvements from seniors, urgency from them wanting to go out winners, etc. But they just don't have what it takes to win- be it physical or intangibles or smarts. We will have another losing season and hit the reset button and start building the foundation next year.

Coach34
01-09-2016, 06:12 PM
He's a freshman- and not NBA ready. He will have an outstanding Soph season with a year of maturity

engie
01-09-2016, 06:14 PM
This season is done. Put Malik at the 1, Q at the 2, and Holman at the 4 -- and let's baptize them by fire. And get them ready to lead us along with 9+ new pieces next year.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 06:24 PM
This season is done. Put Malik at the 1, Q at the 2, and Holman at the 4 -- and let's baptize them by fire. And get them ready to lead us along with 9+ new pieces next year.

And play man... I don't want our key players next season having to learn a defense they didn't play this year. Play man and practice man, then you have Q, Malik (hopefully), Holman, and Stapleton ready to play it. When will strugg be healthy?

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 06:31 PM

That's a bingo!

HoopsDawg
01-09-2016, 06:45 PM

I wonder how much of a factor Q will be next year if Malik comes back and all the talent we have coming in. I could see Peters and Malik starting in the backcourt. Carter is a pure shooter if he can just put on some weight and Wright is a player.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 06:46 PM
Newman seems like he's thinking too hard which is making him press. He is a step behind basketball intelligence wise. He needs some film study time or something. I'm not saying he isn't bright I'm saying he isn't basketball bright.

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Newman seems like he's thinking too hard which is making him press. He is a step behind basketball intelligence wise. He needs some film study time or something. I'm not saying he isn't bright I'm saying he isn't basketball bright.

Some of that comes from the leadership on the team, which I doubt he's getting from Ray's boys. Not letting Malik off the hook, but loserdom is a contagious disease, and they reek of it...

state66
01-09-2016, 06:59 PM
If malik comes back what is our lineup next year. Log jam at the guard position, especially if ready is still here.

War Machine Dawg
01-09-2016, 07:02 PM
If malik comes back what is our lineup next year. Log jam at the guard position, especially if ready is still here.

I'm betting we'll see a few more players get processed after the season. Ready would be one of the top candidates, if I had to guess.

MarketingBully
01-09-2016, 07:13 PM

Actually, our lineup next year would wipe the floor with what we are putting out there now.

PG - Newman/Peters
SG - Q/Carter/Wright
SF - Kegler/Stapleton/Wright
PF - Holman/Kegler/Ado
C - Herard/Ado

We will go ten deep with that lineup alone and will win a ton of games with 9 4+ star players among those 10. I see the floor next year as the NIT and ceiling a decent run in the tournament.

messageboardsuperhero
01-09-2016, 07:20 PM

The extent to which this will be a totally new team is unlike anything I have ever seen. Newman, Weathersooon, and Holman will be the only players with ANY college experience. We've already signed six, are looking to sign at least one maybe two more, we have another transfer sitting out, then we have another player who is hurt/red shirting who may or may not be back.

Next year is the foundation year. This season is the purge.

Dawg61
Some of that comes from the leadership on the team, which I doubt he's getting from Ray's boys. Not letting Malik off the hook, but loserdom is a contagious disease, and they reek of it...

Regardless of the team Newman should understand how to get his own shot and what areas of the floor to attack. Basically he needs to understand his own game better. He is not a confident ball-handler and that's a heavy anchor for a 6'2 player. He certainly has NBA talent but he's gotta study the basketball film and improve his dribbling drastically.

messageboardsuperhero
I wonder how much of a factor Q will be next year if Malik comes back and all the talent we have coming in. I could see Peters and Malik starting in the backcourt. Carter is a pure shooter if he can just put on some weight and Wright is a player.

Q will start and be a huge factor next year.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Actually, our lineup next year would wipe the floor with what we are putting out there now.

PG - Newman/Peters
SG - Q/Carter/Wright
PF - Holman/Kegler/Ado
C - Herard/Ado

We will go ten deep with that lineup alone and will win a ton of games with 9 4+ star players among those 10. I see the floor next year as the NIT and ceiling a decent run in the tournament.

We have a huge liability starting at the 4 next year. Howland needs to sign a Euro or something before next year.

MarketingBully
01-09-2016, 07:29 PM
We have a huge liability starting at the 4 next year. Howland needs to sign a Euro or something before next year.

We will be fine. Howland realizes this and they are deligently working to rectify this.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 07:31 PM
We will be fine. Howland realizes this and they are deligently working to rectify this.

That's good to know. I'm excited to find out who it is.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 07:34 PM
That's good to know. I'm excited to find out who it is.

Wonder if we could find a graduate transfer as a stop gap to brooks

Coach007
01-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Just hope he stays another year

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 07:36 PM

Lol you know I'm not opposed

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Regardless of the team Newman should understand how to get his own shot and what areas of the floor to attack. Basically he needs to understand his own game better. He is not a confident ball-handler and that's a heavy anchor for a 6'2 player. He certainly has NBA talent but he's gotta study the basketball film and improve his dribbling drastically.

I agree totally.

Coach34
01-09-2016, 07:47 PM

what? I don't see any scenario where Q doesn't start? Malik was one the top-rated in the nation out of HS- and there is very little difference in him and Q

msstate7
01-09-2016, 07:51 PM
what? I don't see any scenario where Q doesn't start? Malik was one the top-rated in the nation out of HS- and there is very little difference in him and Q

Hey, I'd love for carter, kegler, and wright to be good enough to make Q come off the bench. I doubt it happens though

Bdawg
01-09-2016, 08:11 PM
If Q, Newman, and Ware shot 80% of our shots, we would have a much better record then we do now. For instance, sure Sword had 21 but he also turned it over 8 times. He basically negated himself out of the game on turnovers alone.

That turnover he had against aTm was costly, too

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2016, 08:26 PM
I am starting to think he may never set foot on an NBA court. He is not exceptional in any area. His best attribute is his shooting ability and he is streaky at best. He can't go by his defender any better than Sword, Q, or Ready. He is not a great defender. For now, he needs to focus on becoming a good college player.

Are we going to have this discussion after every game?

engie
01-09-2016, 08:27 PM

We are still going to take a 4 in recruiting. Maybe 2 of them.

engie
01-09-2016, 08:28 PM

Talk of taking 2 power forwards with preference to one being a transfer...

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2016, 08:30 PM
No question that he has NBA potential but that is not my concern right now as an MSU fan. I really thought as a Top 5 to 10 HS recruit that he would come in and take over a game every now and then (like Simmons has done and many KY recruits). So far we haven't seen that at all. Guess I just had my expectations way too high for him. I would have expected the same thing had we gotten Monta Ellis to campus. Right now, while Newman is a good player, I don't think he's in the league that Monta was coming out of HS.

Most of that is a complimentary supporting cast...not jealous selfish asshole teammates

HoopsDawg
01-09-2016, 09:01 PM

At the 3? I'm starting Malik and Peters in the backcourt all day. And Keglar has to start.

CadaverDawg
01-09-2016, 09:10 PM
I have not read beyond the first post in this thread, but I want to delete it for the first post alone. We bitch and moan about recruiting and when we finally get one of the top players in the country to come here we label him no good before the halfway point in his freshman year?

Sonetimes I think we get what we deserve in recruiting.

engie
01-09-2016, 09:11 PM
At the 3? I'm starting Malik and Peters in the backcourt all day. And Keglar has to start.

At the 2... Malik at the 1. He's got to complete the transition or else he's going to be here awhile. Peters coming off the bench.

I wouldn't put too many cards on Kegler over Stapleton at the 3 just yet either. Will have to see how it shakes out when they are all finally together. 2 different games between those guys and it's probably going to hinge on what happens at the 4 between Holman and whoever we recruit to determine which skill set we need at the 3...

HoopsDawg
01-09-2016, 09:13 PM
At the 2... Malik at the 1. He's got to complete the transition or else he's going to be here awhile. Peters coming off the bench.

I wouldn't put too many cards on Kegler over Stapleton at the 3 just yet either. Will have to see how it shakes out when they are all finally together. 2 different games between those guys and it's probably going to hinge on what happens at the 4 between Holman and whoever we recruit to determine which skill set we need at the 3...

Yeah, but Howland likes 2 ball handlers in the BC. Could play small with keg and Stapleton. Lots of options next year bc herard and ado can protect the rim.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Can ado or herard play the 4? Anyone know what to expect from strugg? If strugg or Holman can rebound and play defense, we shouldn't need much scoring esp if Malik is back

Dawg-gone-dawgs
I have not read beyond the first post in this thread, but I want to delete it for the first post alone. We bitch and moan about recruiting and when we finally get one of the top players in the country to come here we label him no good before the halfway point in his freshman year?

Sonetimes I think we get what we deserve in recruiting. my thoughts exactly..no matter what kind of players we get, we always compare them to what other top freshman are doing? Seriously? How is Skal Labssiere at UK playing? Not that great. Sometimes it takes kids a little time to get adjusted to college game.

HoopsDawg

malik is fine. Everyone can't be Ben Simmons. Malik is playing as well as Blakely at LSU. They were rated about the same.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2016, 09:20 PM
Can ado or herard play the 4? Anyone know what to expect from strugg? If strugg or Holman can rebound and play defense, we shouldn't need much scoring esp if Malik is back

Holman can play the 4

engie
01-09-2016, 09:21 PM

I dont think we can have the slightest clue at the 4 until the late signing period is over...

engie
01-09-2016, 09:23 PM
Yeah, but Howland likes 2 ball handlers in the BC. Could play small with keg and Stapleton. Lots of options next year bc herard and ado can protect the rim.

I think Q can be the second ball handler. I've really seen nothing that he just can't do so far.

C222
01-09-2016, 09:24 PM

Q will start

Malik/Peters if no Malik
Q
Kegler
Ado/Holman?
Herard

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Holman can play the 4

Have you watched him? He needs to redshirt.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 09:36 PM

Nobody is saying he's no good just lots of frustration because we finally get a lottery pick who apparently forgot to bring his lottery ticket with him

messageboardsuperhero
I think everyone is sleeping on Holman big time. Remember he wasn't even supposed to play this year due to a knee injury that he is still not 100% from, let alone in game shape. Also consider that he was always going to be raw as a freshman who needed time to develop. He has probably spent as much time in games as he has practicing.

Anyone who was expecting more out of Holman at this point than what he is giving us, given the circumstances, was kidding themselves. He was doomed to have some struggles this season, but I expect him to be very good and start in 2016-2017.

BeardoMSU

Well, he's barely played in 3 games back, and he's coming off an injury. It takes awhile to get back into game shape and to get your confidence back.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 09:37 PM
Talk of taking 2 power forwards with preference to one being a transfer...

If this is indeed true it's more evidence Howland is a gift brought to us from the Adidas gods

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 09:38 PM
Nobody is saying he's no good just lots of frustration because we finally get a lottery pick who apparently forgot to bring his lottery ticket with him

He's also playing in a back-court with two ball-hog upperclassmen....

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 09:39 PM
I think everyone is sleeping on Holman big time. Remember he wasn't even supposed to play this year due to a knee injury that he is still not 100% from, let alone in game shape. Also consider that he was always going to be raw as a freshman who needed time to develop. He has probably spent as much time in games as he has practicing.

Anyone who was expecting more out of Holman at this point than what he is giving us, given the circumstances, was kidding themselves. He was doomed to have some struggles this season, but I expect him to be very good and start in 2016-2017.

This, big time.

messageboardsuperhero
01-09-2016, 09:40 PM

He's hurt right now and still recovering. In an ideal world, he'd be red shirting this year. Unfortunately thanks to Ricky Ray we desperately need the body right now. It is what it is, but I'm not holding this season against Holman or letting it affect my expectations for him in the future.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 09:41 PM

Well, he's barely played in 3 games back, and he's coming off an injury. It takes awhile to get back into game shape and to get your confidence back.

Holman looks like a senior in high school probably because he is

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 09:43 PM
He's hurt right now and still recovering. In an ideal world, he'd be red shirting this year. Unfortunately thanks to Ricky Ray we desperately need the body right now. It is what it is, but I'm not holding this season against Holman or letting it affect my expectations for him in the future.

Hope you boys are right on Holman but I'd redshirt him and wouldn't let him leave the weight room

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Hope you boys are right on Holman but I'd redshirt him and wouldn't let him leave the weight room

I'd think he needs experience this year, so he can be a factor next year.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 09:45 PM
One thing I miss about stansbury was we always seemed to have an outstanding 4

HSVDawg
01-09-2016, 09:48 PM

PG - Newman/Peters
SG - Q/Carter/Wright
PF - Holman/Kegler/Ado
C - Herard/Ado

Please don't forget a few years ago when UK won the title and then their whole team left for the NBA. Cal just reloaded and signed 5 or 6 5* guys. The next years team for them was ridiculously talented, but they still only made the NIT. Yeah, they were in the Final 4 the following year, but there was still an adjustment period that lasted a year. And that was with a whole starting line up of 5 star players too, of which we have none even next year except for Malik if he comes back.

I certainly expect us to be better and deeper next year, but many of you who are acting like its tourney or bust next season may be disappointed. I think the 2017-2018 season is the one where we should start seeing some real results under Howland. If it happens sooner than that, then its gravy.

messageboardsuperhero
01-09-2016, 09:48 PM
Like you said, he should technically still be in high school. Not to mention that he has barely been able to practice.

Physically Holman actually looks pretty close. Thanks Deets. His limitations right now don't really have anything to do with his size.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Please don't forget a few years ago when UK won the title and then their whole team left for the NBA. Cal just reloaded and signed 5 or 6 5* guys. The next years team for them was ridiculously talented, but they still only made the NIT. Yeah, they were in the Final 4 the following year, but there was still an adjustment period that lasted a year. And that was with a whole starting line up of 5 star players too, of which we have none even next year except for Malik if he comes back.

I certainly expect us to be better and deeper next year, but many of you who are acting like its tourney or bust next season may be disappointed. I think the 2017-2018 season is the one where we should start seeing some real results under Howland. If it happens sooner than that, then its gravy.

I expect NIT and anything better than that is gravy

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 09:59 PM
One thing I miss about stansbury was we always seemed to have an outstanding 4

Till they transferred or got kicked off

Osby
Goodridge
ULL All-Conference player Shawn Long
Walter Sharpe
Robert Jackson

msstate7
01-09-2016, 10:05 PM

Osby
Goodridge
Walter Sharpe
Robert Jackson

Austin
Rhodes
Roberts
Moultrie

I'm sure I missed a couple

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 10:15 PM
Austin
Rhodes
Roberts
Moultrie

I'm sure I missed a couple

I left out a ton more Stansbury missed on. He missed on over 30 players since we got beat by Xavier. Over THIRTY!! I did this before. Listed all of his misses that he signed. It's a staggering amount. You can't miss on half the players you ever sign and survive. Stansbury fired himself. Somewhere along the way he lost his eye for talent he could manage.

chef dixon
01-09-2016, 10:15 PM
You guys worry too much about having too many guards next year. Its basketball, everyone that is worthy will play enough minutes to impact our team. If you can't see the potential of Q and think he will be lost in the depth chart next year, then you don't know anything about basketball.

yjnkdawg
01-09-2016, 10:19 PM

If you are starting to think Malik will never make the NBA, then you need to lay off the Koolaid, or something, and see what Howland and the NBA Scouts say. Malik did not come into a perfect situation, as a true freshman. He is playing with older players, who are potentially trying to learn Coach Howland's system and the actual fundamentals of basketball. after being under another coach for 3 or 4 years who could not do this. These older players are not used to a freshman, billed as a super star player (rightly deserved) come in here and be the top gun. Coach Howland is trying to teach them to learn how to win, but that is not an easy thing to accomplish as we have witnessed. They have to "all" work together as a team, but that still seems to possibly be a problem. I doubt Malik wants to be a ball hog and wants to distribute the ball to other players, as well as take some shots himself. He is also learning to be a point guard, as well, which he was not in high school. In addition, he has had to adjust to college life, which is not always the easiset thing to do. Oh yeah, by the way he did have an injury,too. Sometimes our own fanbase are our own worst enemy and in reference to your post, I would say that is applicable.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2016, 10:19 PM

Yes I have watched that FRESHMAN play..the one who is coming off an injury and playing in his 4th college football game...wtf do you expect from him really? Geez...Herard and Ado will be the 5. Holman will play 4 I would suspect.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-09-2016, 10:22 PM
The ones who have any basketball sense at all are not sleeping on him. The dumbass fantasyland fans are.

yjnkdawg
01-09-2016, 10:28 PM

This ........ Sometimes it appears our fanbase can't recognize we have a good thing.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 10:36 PM
Yes I have watched that FRESHMAN play..the one who is coming off an injury and playing in his 4th college football game...wtf do you expect from him really? Geez...Herard and Ado will be the 5. Holman will play 4 I would suspect.

Stop playing football and start looking like the top 100 player he was ranked as

messageboardsuperhero
01-09-2016, 11:03 PM
Stop playing football and start looking like the top 100 player he was ranked as

It's kind of hard to do that when Holman has been dealt the hand he has right now. The guy is essentially a high school senior playing in the sec with little to no practice time, on a recovering leg, and without a chance to even get in anything close to game shape.

How in the hell can you expect anyone to play to their potential given those circumstances?

ETA: This is the exact same thing I said to everyone on here about Jacob Robson when he was struggling his first two years. Holman is talented just like Robson- but being an injured teenager playing in the SEC is a recipe for disaster. Give him time to get healthy and mature before saying he should be playing at his best.

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 11:13 PM

Osby
Goodridge
Walter Sharpe
Robert Jackson

I only ever remembering Osby playing the 3 for us, subbing in for Ravern....then transfers and gets 1st team all conference at the 4, lol.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 11:20 PM
It's kind of hard to do that when Holman has been dealt the hand he has right now. The guy is essentially a high school senior playing in the sec with little to no practice time, on a recovering leg, and without a chance to even get in anything close to game shape.

How in the hell can you expect anyone to play to their potential given those circumstances?

ETA: This is the exact same thing I said to everyone on here about Jacob Robson when he was struggling his first two years. Holman is talented just like Robson- but being an injured teenager playing in the SEC is a recipe for disaster. Give him time to get healthy and mature before saying he should be playing at his best.

I'll try to have patience with Holman but so far in 31 minutes he has 4 fouls and 4 points

Homedawg
01-09-2016, 11:24 PM
I'll try to have patience with Holman but so far in 31 minutes he has 4 fouls and 4 points

Let's cut him and bring back tookie to be the back up 4**

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 11:29 PM
I only ever remembering Osby playing the 3 for us, subbing in for Ravern....then transfers and gets 1st team all conference at the 4, lol.

Stansbury's last year he should of had Ben Hansbrough the future Big East POY, Romero Osby future 1st team All-Big 12 and future draft pick Shawn Long all on the team. Add them in with Dee Bost and Rodney Hood and we should of had a lock tournament team. Stansbury lost it.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 11:31 PM
Let's cut him and bring back tookie to be the back up 4**

Nah Tookie would have Ndoye's spot. Are we getting anything from Ndoye this year?

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 11:41 PM
Stansbury's last year he should of had Ben Hansbrough the future Big East POY, Romero Osby future 1st team All-Big 12 and future draft pick Shawn Long all on the team. Add them in with Dee Bost and Rodney Hood and we should of had a lock tournament team. Stansbury lost it.

Not to mention Moultrie, and Devile backing up Dee.

How many talented players did Stans mismanage over the years?

The Delks
Hansborough
Phil
Osby
Hood (yes he was good as a freshman, for our standards, but he was basically a spot up 3 point shooter by the end of the year)
Jamont (never developed, and got by on pure size and strength....still one of my all time "boy I wish we could've seen his potential" players)
Shawn Long
Devile Smith

Also, in the same class of Shawn Long and Smith, there was a 4* SF that didn't even make it out of camp before Stans cut him, I can't remember his name, but I think he was from Tupelo or somewhere close.

MarketingBully
01-10-2016, 03:37 AM

Ado can play both the 4 and 5 and provide a lot of valuable minutes there. Both he and Herard will rebound and Ado can defend the basket at a high level. Howland said one of Herard's strengths is his ability to pass to the open man out of the double team and his soft touch. Herard is also an excellent rebounder. Ado will give us great rebounding ability and a defensive presence we haven't seen in a long time. Ado and Herard compliment each other very well on the frontline. Our big scorers next year will be Q, Kegler, Herard, Malik (if he comes back), or Peters. We really don't need a 4 to be a big time scorer. We really just need him to rebound and defend and do the little things needed from that position. I think Ado and Holman can fit the bill there.

Political Hack
01-10-2016, 09:57 AM
As I've said since the get-go, he's a 2. A lot of people disagreed with me and said he's going to be our 1... And now y'all are pissed because he's not shooting more!?!?! Our offense doesn't run through the 2 as much as it should IMO so our guards aren't going to continuously get 15 shots a game. however, anyone doubting this kids talent level doesn't know basketball though.

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Nah Tookie would have Ndoye's spot. Are we getting anything from Ndoye this year?
An open scholarship spot since he left the team a couple weeks ago.

C222
01-10-2016, 10:06 AM

Very nice of you to have patience with a guy that's coming off a torn ACL.

You know we got we got him over Louisville right? I will take Ben Howland and Rick Pitino's word over yours.

C222
01-10-2016, 10:08 AM

How many more wins would we have with Tookie instead of Fallou?

Fallou gave us an open spot to add another 4*.

Tookie wouldn't have played next year then we would have to listen to you bitch about how BH should've cut him too.

Madisonmd
01-10-2016, 10:20 AM
Holman did not have a torn ACL, had arthroscopic micro fracture repair. Injury similar to Oden( Trailblazers}

Dawg61
01-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Very nice of you to have patience with a guy that's coming off a torn ACL.

You know we got we got him over Louisville right? I will take Ben Howland and Rick Pitino's word over yours.

You realize I'm bitching about his play because I want him to be that player that got ranked top 100 that Pitino & Howland wanted right?

Dawg61
01-10-2016, 04:38 PM
How many more wins would we have with Tookie instead of Fallou?

Fallou gave us an open spot to add another 4*.

Tookie wouldn't have played next year then we would have to listen to you bitch about how BH should've cut him too.

Andddddd you're still not accepting how good of a player Tookie is. He's a lot better than Ready. Ready would be on the bench not Tookie.

C222
01-10-2016, 05:11 PM
Andddddd you're still not accepting how good of a player Tookie is. He's a lot better than Ready. Ready would be on the bench not Tookie.

And he's not better than Malik, Peters, or Tyson. Sooo Tookie would be on the bench next year. And the year after. And the year after.

Dawg61
01-10-2016, 08:34 PM
And he's not better than Malik, Peters, or Tyson. Sooo Tookie would be on the bench next year. And the year after. And the year after.

Maybe but basketball is one year scholarships not four year commitments. When you gonna realize this? I didn't make the rules dude.

messageboardsuperhero
01-10-2016, 08:42 PM
Maybe but basketball is one year scholarships not four year commitments. When you gonna realize this? I didn't make the rules dude.

We can't just sign players with the intention of only keeping them for one year. If you can't understand the APR ramifications of that then you cannot be helped. Besides the fact that it's just a shitty thing to do to a kid who could make a bigger impact for four years and have a better experience somewhere else.

Dawg61
01-10-2016, 08:53 PM
We can't just sign players with the intention of only keeping them for one year. If you can't understand the APR ramifications of that then you cannot be helped. Besides the fact that it's just a shitty thing to do to a kid who could make a bigger impact for four years and have a better experience somewhere else.

Imo Tookie isn't a player that would get processed after one year. Kentucky has 769 players leaving every year. I think we'll figure out APR just fine.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2016, 09:29 PM

Of course i meant basketball. But I guess there are proto-typical bitch fans in every fan base. You are part of MSU's for sure. I guess Howland needs to have more wins too at this point because he is a Final Four coach right?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-10-2016, 09:32 PM

Have you tried reaching out to Howland and telling him this!!! He obviously needs your help! Based on your comments and the wild ass ideas you have, you have to be what 16, 17?....or you could be female having a VERY long period.

Dawg61
01-10-2016, 09:38 PM
Of course i meant basketball. But I guess there are proto-typical bitch fans in every fan base. You are part of MSU's for sure. I guess Howland needs to have more wins too at this point because he is a Final Four coach right?

Have you tried reaching out to Howland and telling him this!!! He obviously needs your help! Based on your comments and the wild ass ideas you have, you have to be what 16, 17?....or you could be female having a VERY long period.

Reread your two posts and tell me again who sounds like a bleeding ****.