PDA

View Full Version : PER ULL and the NCAA

Coach007
01-09-2016, 02:51 PM
A lot of false information going on. Here's some Facts from the NCAA and ULL:

http://www.ragincajuns.com/documents/2015/10/11//NCAA_Response_2015.pdf?id=815

1- Please note that in the 1st paragraph under "University Actions"

"Impropriety went undetected by the ACT and the NCAA Eligibility Center UNTIL THE ENFORCEMENT STAFF'S INVESTIGATION OF A PATTERN OF VIOLATIONS THAT TRAILED SAUNDERS to ULL"

That's a very important statement. It tells us that the investigation started elsewhere. Where? It trailed him. From where? Ole Miss. ULL didn't rat out Ole Miss.... ULL got caught up in it due to the investigation of Ole Miss.

2- The second paragraph.

"Based on information revealed During the coarse of the investigation" That's called evidence. Facts.

"It is evident that improper activity occurred in advance of ULL hiring Saunders" Facts, evidence of improper activity at Ole Miss.

3- Read on. You will see that ULL talks about the relationship that was formed years prior to Saunders coming to ULL with CRAGER.

WHY ARE THESE FACTS?

all of this applies to Ole Miss equally. The NCAA can not use the evidence against ULL and NOT use it against Ole Miss.

On a side note.... This has zero to do with recruiting violations. This is simply academic fraud.

scottycameron
01-09-2016, 03:20 PM
We are all hopeful. But the one thing that is hard to get past is the source of this investigation. I remember when all this was going down, we all should. This all started with Pete Boone calling the ACT and the NCAA and turning in Saunders in one of the battles of the great Nutt Boone War. Glorious times. And OM legal team followed up and did all the dirty work to fry Saunders. In the process they stabbed ULL in the back. They are not making any friends in the NCAA world and that can come back to bite you eventually. But back to the point, it's hard to buy into the hope that the NCAA is going to punish the whistleblower. It's possible but with the staff gone I just don't see it. Now the Tunsil stuff, that's a whole different animal. That's where I'm focusing my hopes, that could open up big, who knows. But the Saunders stuff? Doubtful. If OM was going down they wouldn't be announcing findings on ULL.
Thoughts?

msstate7
01-09-2016, 03:24 PM
What does the om women's basketball case center around?

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 03:30 PM

Academic and recruiting violations.

msstate7
01-09-2016, 03:32 PM
Academic and recruiting violations.

Academics is the answer I was hoping for. Hopefully the ncaa considers that a pattern

scottycameron
01-09-2016, 03:34 PM
Good question, don't think I've ever heard it mentioned, track either. I'm guessing recruiting but it's hard to believe the confeds care enough about titty ball or track to cheat. I would guess it's coaching staff cheating getting turned in and then lying about it yo NCAA and getting caught. Usual suspect. I doubt anything academic. That's usually football and men's basketball players.
Anybody know specifics?

Coach007
01-09-2016, 03:38 PM
We are all hopeful. But the one thing that is hard to get past is the source of this investigation. I remember when all this was going down, we all should. This all started with Pete Boone calling the ACT and the NCAA and turning in Saunders in one of the battles of the great Nutt Boone War. Glorious times. And OM legal team followed up and did all the dirty work to fry Saunders. In the process they stabbed ULL in the back. They are not making any friends in the NCAA world and that can come back to bite you eventually. But back to the point, it's hard to buy into the hope that the NCAA is going to punish the whistleblower. It's possible but with the staff gone I just don't see it. Now the Tunsil stuff, that's a whole different animal. That's where I'm focusing my hopes, that could open up big, who knows. But the Saunders stuff? Doubtful. If OM was going down they wouldn't be announcing findings on ULL.
Thoughts?

My thoughts are you can not punish ULL and free UM.

Second, I don't believe for a minute the Pete Boone stuff. If you read all of the response from ULL, it states clearly the time line. It also states CLEARLY that the ACT and the NCAA EC missed all of this. The ACT launched it's investigation in 2014! You mean to tell me that a call from UM's Pete Boone did not generate an investigation by the ACT?

Coach007
01-09-2016, 03:40 PM
Academics is the answer I was hoping for. Hopefully the ncaa considers that a pattern

They do... it's why the word is used in the response

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 03:45 PM

Academic and recruiting violations of two JUCO players. Getting them both academically qualified which would fall under both academic fraud and a recruiting violation. Two assitant coaches were the culprits and the head coach fired because he is responsible for the staff in the program.

Coach34
01-09-2016, 03:45 PM
My thoughts are you can not punish ULL and free UM.

Second, I don't believe for a minute the Pete Boone stuff. If you read all of the response from ULL, it states clearly the time line. It also states CLEARLY that the ACT and the NCAA EC missed all of this. The ACT launched it's investigation in 2014! You mean to tell me that a call from UM's Pete Boone did not generate an investigation by the ACT?

exactly- that Pete Boone stuff is just a bunch of crap

Coursesuper
01-09-2016, 03:46 PM
Thoughts?

When they BBQed Saunders they 17ed up. He knows where all the bodies are buried. Hud got him a gig a PRCC and now he is telling the real story to the NCAA. That is a real game changer. They are at a pucker factor of 11 and they have good reason to be. I hope they get to bend over and say aah sooner than later.

Leroy Jenkins
01-09-2016, 03:48 PM
"Arranged for Ginny Crager, ACT supervisor at Wayne County, to alter ACT test answer sheets".

AKA heppin'.

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 03:48 PM
As far as the track deal goes, nobody knows what happened there. Just their coach resigned suddenly, some say it was over something else not violations. Others are saying violations are involved. To fire a coach over violations it would have to be major. Academic Fraud would be major.

Coach007
01-09-2016, 03:50 PM
exactly- that Pete Boone stuff is just a bunch of crap

100%

http://blogs.theadvocate.com/ragincajunreport/2015/10/12/timeline-of-ncaa-investigation-into-louisiana-lafayette-david-saunders/

September 2014 – Enforcement staff and the university learn that ACT had conducted its own investigation earlier in 2014 into Wayne County High School, and finds out Crager is no longer working as test administrator.

That's way after Boone

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 03:51 PM
As far as Saunders at PRCC, I'm not sure getting that job has any basis that he is now singing to the NCAA. We know he didn't during the ULL investigation. Even if he gets a long show cause I'm pretty sure it has no baring on the NJCAA. Different organization. If it does I can't find that info, somebody else might know though.

Coach007
01-09-2016, 03:59 PM
You are right. NJCAA has nothing to do with the NCAA. Now, will the NJCAA take the findings and launch their own investigation? Maybe. Saunders did not give the NCAA much of his time at all. Refused to even respond alot.

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 04:05 PM
You are right. NJCAA has nothing to do with the NCAA. Now, will the NJCAA take the findings and launch their own investigation? Maybe. Saunders did not give the NCAA much of his time at all. Refused to even respond alot.

The only thing that may make him talk would be a reduced show cause so he could possible get back into the NCAA ranks some day and/or still holding a grudge against them. Although, I think his grudge is mainly at Boone. But who knows. I think he is too tainted for anyone to touch again. At least for a long time.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Any chance that the NCAA offered some sort of plea bargain to Saunders for information on OM?

The NCAA realizes that OM is the fish they want here and could probably careless abou ULL, so why not offer Saunders a deal for info on OM and nail them?

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 04:11 PM
Any chance that the NCAA offered some sort of plea bargain to Saunders for information on OM?

The NCAA realizes that OM is the fish they want here and could probably careless abou ULL, so why not offer Saunders a deal for info on OM and nail them?

Depends on how their investigations look. It could be just as plausible that they think Saunders is the main culprit that they want to fry. The university will still have to receive probation just because he was on their staff at the time. But they could be thinking he is rouge. He was uncooperative in the ULL investigation and UNM lawyers and the NCAA is what started that. Now if they continued to use his set up after he left. Then you have something to pin them on outside of just one rouge coach.

Coach34
01-09-2016, 04:17 PM
Depends on how their investigations look. It could be just as plausible that they think Saunders is the main culprit that they want to fry. The university will still have to receive probation just because he was on their staff at the time. But they could be thinking he is rouge. He was uncooperative in the ULL investigation and UNM lawyers and the NCAA is what started that. Now if they continued to use his set up after he left. Then you have something to pin them on outside of just one rouge coach.

but that goes back to the 1st post of this thread- the NCAA has FACTS. And the investigation started at OM. Thats all you need to know

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 04:24 PM
but that goes back to the 1st post of this thread- the NCAA has FACTS. And the investigation started at OM. Thats all you need to know

I know that. What we don't know is if that initial investigation at UNM was just about Saunders and ULL was just a continuation of that. I don't think so. I think there are other things as well but we don't know for sure. He have a lot of circumstantial stuff that can go down this same line or branch off into a bunch of other things. What did the CJ interview question him about? We think recruiting and impermissible benefits. Then Tunsil happens and that's a different can of worms. Lot of moving parts with different types of violations happening. And I hope nobody losses sight that academic fraud is as bad as it comes especially if you have lack of institutional control on top of it for the academic violations.

Coach007
01-09-2016, 06:03 PM
What we don't know is if that initial investigation at UNM was just about Saunders

No, it wasn't. This came up and they tracked him.

Then Tunsil happens and that's a different can of worms. Lot of moving parts with different types of violations happening. And I hope nobody losses sight that academic fraud is as bad as it comes especially if you have lack of institutional control on top of it for the academic violations.

That's an issue. We have a benefits issue, recruiting violations, academic fraud....

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 06:43 PM
No, it wasn't. This came up and they tracked him.

That's an issue. We have a benefits issue, recruiting violations, academic fraud....

The initial football investigation. As far as we know WBB is what started this.

Spiderman
01-09-2016, 11:40 PM
Does any sane person think there were not shenanigans and Academic fraud to get Powe and Oher eligible back under O?

Ever read the Blindside? What didn't make the movie was Oher's "test" to get his English credit. Writing a paragraph on Abe Lincoln.

Powe's own coach from HS told a group of us at a clinic in B'ham that Powe couldn't get in Jones Jr, much less Ole Miss because he was SPED and couldn't read. Next thing you know, he's at Ole Miss.

State fans were ridiculed as "Black helicopters" ,and all that, by every Reb alive and were assured all was above board.

Now the pattern of academic fraud is coming to light.

Fast forward to today, when everyone is questioning how Ole Miss is signing all these players away from all the traditional powers.

Reb fan ridicules the thought these players were signed by cheating.

Hopefully, that will come to light too, just like what everybody knew was going on then, and know what is going on now.

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 11:48 PM
Doesany sane person thinks there were not shenanigans and Academic fraud to get Powe and Oher eligible back under O?

Ever read the Blinside? What didn't make the movie was Oher's "test" to get his English credit. Writing a paragraph on Abe Lincoln.

Powe's own coach from HS told a group of us at a clinic in B'ham that Powe couldn't get in Jones Jr, much less Ole Miss because he was SPED and couldn't read. Next thing you know, he's at Ole Miss.

State fans were ridiculed as "Black helicopters" ,and all that, by every Reb alive and were assured all was above board.

Fast forward to today, when everyone is questioning how Ole Miss is signing all these players away from all the traditional powers.

Hopefully, that will come to light too, just like what everybody knew was going on then, and know what is going on now.

Well Powe allegedly was able to write that letter for Forward Rebels when they were trying to get Boone fired. If they get a slap on the wrist for the Acedemic Fraud stuff, the NCAA should make everyone of those douches crawl over hot coals and broken glass to kiss Boone's pasty white butt for keeping them out of more trouble with Saunders. I hope it's not that minor and they get even more than ULL just for that part and it can be tied to this staff as well.

PassInterference
01-09-2016, 11:51 PM
Does any sane person think there were not shenanigans and Academic fraud to get Powe and Oher eligible back under O?

Ever read the Blindside? What didn't make the movie was Oher's "test" to get his English credit. Writing a paragraph on Abe Lincoln.

Let's not forget the CL's cheerleader article on how Powe was literate and a hard working student. I still remember the picture of him in glasses and a sweater vest to look as scholarly as possible.

scottycameron
01-09-2016, 11:53 PM
Ironically, being SPED is exactly how he got in. Him and a ton of other "student" athletes.

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 11:55 PM
Ironically, being SPED is exactly how he got in. Him and a ton of other "student" athletes.

Well that was Saunders crusade. And allows for special ACT testing even legitimately.

Todd4State
01-10-2016, 12:08 AM
Well that was Saunders crusade. And allows for special ACT testing even legitimately.

It's appears to me that he abused it- which is sad for the people, not just those that are football players but the ones with actual learning disabilities that need the untimed test to perform at a reasonable level.

scottycameron
01-10-2016, 12:08 AM
Yep and it's a federal law. You can't mess with retards, just like mailboxes. NCAA won't touch it with a ten foot pole and Saunders knew it and took advantage. Kind of brilliant really. While everybody is struggling with the fact that athletic talent and IQ are inversely proportional, Saunders finds a way to use it to his advantage. And the federal government had his back. What a circus that was. It still is but the NCAA has found ways to control it to some extent now.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 12:25 AM
It's appears to me that he abused it- which is sad for the people, not just those that are football players but the ones with actual learning disabilities that need the untimed test to perform at a reasonable level.

Abused it and worse made money off of it. I'm not saying there wasn't some players that were helped by going through The Plan. But he took it to levels never intended and broke so many recruiting violations to do so.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 12:27 AM
Yep and it's a federal law. You can't mess with retards, just like mailboxes. NCAA won't touch it with a ten foot pole and Saunders knew it and took advantage. Kind of brilliant really. While everybody is struggling with the fact that athletic talent and IQ are inversely proportional, Saunders finds a way to use it to his advantage. And the federal government had his back. What a circus that was. It still is but the NCAA has found ways to control it to some extent now.

Yep. And was beyond a circus. There was a reason The Plan was pulled. It was becoming a joke and what's sad there were those that were helped. But they were just lost in the garbage he was turning it in to. And profited from.

Todd4State
01-10-2016, 12:41 AM
Abused it and worse made money off of it. I'm not saying there wasn't some players that were helped by going through The Plan. But he took it to levels never intended and broke so many recruiting violations to do so.

That's an old Ole Miss trick too- doing something shady and then morally justifying it. That way it makes the accuser look like an asshole for turning them in for their original wrongdoing. And that's why they were OK with Saunders helping some other players get into other schools- as long as they got the top flight guys of course.

Just like Ole Miss boosters adopting one of the top offensive tackle prospects in the country who was homeless.

It's sad and morally corrupt.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 12:50 AM
That's an old Ole Miss trick too- doing something shady and then morally justifying it. That way it makes the accuser look like an asshole for turning them in for their original wrongdoing. And that's why they were OK with Saunders helping some other players get into other schools- as long as they got the top flight guys of course.

Just like Ole Miss boosters adopting one of the top offensive tackle prospects in the country who was homeless.

It's sad and morally corrupt.

I was talking more in general. There were a bunch of athletes, women included, from a lot of different sports that went to different schools (including us) that were helped in legitimately getting qualified. He abused it and helped give UNM an advantage, including fraudulent means, and benefitted from it, that is what is sleazy.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-10-2016, 01:04 AM
But, but Yancy once said there was new hope....

and a Mississippi corporation run by Rebel faithful came up with a gameplan...

Ya'll are all wrong. All of you. They was just heppin.

http://www.scout.com/college/ole-miss/story/714395-new-hope-for-mississippi-student-athletes

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 01:12 AM
But, but Yancy once said there was new hope....

and a Mississippi corporation run by Rebel faithful came up with a gameplan...

Ya'll are all wrong. All of you. They was just heppin.

http://www.scout.com/college/ole-miss/story/714395-new-hope-for-mississippi-student-athletes

Yep and shut down after just 4 years. Surprisingly that happened after the NCAA took a closer look into what has actually taking place with some of the high profile athletes.