PDA

View Full Version : Question about Mullen?

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2013, 02:32 PM
There is an article on http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/ today talking about how laid back, kind, fun, and light hearted Mullen has been thus far, and when you combine that with the music at practice, are there any assumptions or anything we can take from this?

Also, when you compare it to how Mullen was last year, when he was feisty with reporters, whether it was they're fault or not isn't the point?

Just seems Mullen is more laid back and is having fun this year. Do we have any psychologist on here that can help explain if this has any meaning?

Is his fire back?

Is he just taking pressure off the players?

Is he just putting out a perception that our program in fun, and behind closed doors he is still "Tornado Dan"?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Seems this type of stuff kinda a shift in the way things have been done over the past 4 years, and I was curious of your thoughts.

CooterDavenport
08-07-2013, 02:46 PM
I'm just hoping that Mullen 2.0 is like Cohen 2.0.

dickiedawg
08-07-2013, 02:52 PM
He obviously found Jesus.

BrunswickDawg
08-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Just to venture a guess -
It looks to me that he made a realization that he was working the job like a position coach and always being the hardass. That is what he always did, so that is what he kept doing. Between the noted friction with coaches last year and what Cohen did this year, I think Dan saw he needed to change his ways if he wanted to progress an wanted the team to progress. We needed hardass fire years 1-2, last year it wasn't what we needed and it showed. Now that the program is built his way, he can make that change. I really hope it works and this team rewards him (and us) for it.

Kvanderlip
08-07-2013, 04:27 PM
Excellent points BrunswickDawg, and he may be learning what the job of a HEAD coach is. His job is not to coach the players, but to coach the coaches who coach the players. If you have faith in your coaching staff, then you as the head coach will be more relaxed. All that being said it is also very early in the practice schedule and I?m sure he will amp it up as the days go by.