PDA

View Full Version : Question about FootballScoop

Snowman79
01-09-2016, 09:27 AM
What's stopping one of our own (with more time on their hands than myself) from starting a Twitter handle that reports football news and has an agenda against OM? Every offseason make sure to stir the pot about OM coaches looking elsewhere at job openings. Just a thought.

engie
01-09-2016, 09:40 AM
What's stopping one of our own (with more time on their hands than myself) from starting a Twitter handle that reports football news and has an agenda against OM? Every offseason make sure to stir the pot about OM coaches looking elsewhere at job openings. Just a thought.

It's more to their gig than that. It's not built on misinformation. They actually are a breaking coaching news website that is relied upon by practically everyone out there for coaching changes/rumors. The fact that they are reliable for practically everyone except their rival gives them credibility to everyone out there but MSU fans, and therefore the power to do what they are doing in regards to us.

I'm trying to get motivated to make an exhaustive post/article that exposes their approach to matters involving us -- as it seems surrounding fanbases doubt what they are actually doing. If anyone wants to help me compile actual evidence on the matter.

pdawg10msu
01-09-2016, 10:40 AM
I think with enough support, we could start something similar to it. It might be a good way to do what TSUN does as far as a spin machine.

Political Hack
01-09-2016, 10:53 AM
It's more to their gig than that. It's not built on misinformation. They actually are a breaking coaching news website that is relied upon by practically everyone out there for coaching changes/rumors. The fact that they are reliable for practically everyone except their rival gives them credibility to everyone out there but MSU fans, and therefore the power to do what they are doing in regards to us.

I'm trying to get motivated to make an exhaustive post/article that exposes their approach to matters involving us -- as it seems surrounding fanbases doubt what they are actually doing. If anyone wants to help me compile actual evidence on the matter.

I would sing your praises to the rooftops. It needs to be done.

Boya
01-09-2016, 11:38 AM
At the very least, posting their nonsense here should be banned.

They troll us and negatively recruit against us at every opportunity.

SDDawg
01-09-2016, 11:42 AM

We had one, it was called @footbailscoop but got shut down. Halfway kidding of course, but what you're talking about is easy to do but won't work. Engie has the right idea here, because I agree. What the Scoop guys are doing is a very deliberate trolling effort for our recruiting that works in context because it's only directed at us. If they tried it with Bama or Auburn or anyone else they'd immediately lose their credibility, but they fly under the radar just enough by limiting the outlandish reports to MSU. It's really weird, but I guess it's like most OM crazies tend to be honestly.