PDA

View Full Version : What are the theories behind the TAMU AD stepping down?

shannondawg
01-08-2016, 07:01 PM
Mine is that big money guys are behind it.

shannondawg
01-08-2016, 09:06 PM
Try to keep it under 25 words or less.

defiantdog
01-08-2016, 09:07 PM

The big money guys were definitely behind the new hire. They just hired a guy that founded a PR firm that represented a few big oil companies. They most likely bought the old guy out and brought the new guy in to run the athletics how they felt it should be run. They basically made a move that the LSU money guys were too scared to do.

Taog Redloh
01-08-2016, 10:35 PM
A bunch of loud-mouthed stupidity is all I can come up with.

Funny, because Sumlin didn't have these problems at Houston. I bet if the big oil boys would sit the f*ck down, Sumlin could do OK. They got one too many supastahs at an ag school, which is never a good combination.

Statecoachingblows**
01-08-2016, 11:36 PM
AD cheaper than HC

shannondawg
01-09-2016, 08:47 AM
A bunch of loud-mouthed stupidity is all I can come up with.

Funny, because Sumlin didn't have these problems at Houston. I bet if the big oil boys would sit the f*ck down, Sumlin could do OK. They got one too many supastahs at an ag school, which is never a good combination.

If they would just donate their money and let the professionals run the program, the results would be a lot better. But their ego's won't let them do that. Its just turns out that a bunch of amateurs start dictating the program.

AROB44
01-09-2016, 09:27 AM
If they would just donate their money and let the professionals run the program, the results would be a lot better. But their ego's won't let them do that. Its just turns out that a bunch of amateurs start dictating the program.

Been our problem at MSU before, hasn't it?

shannondawg
01-09-2016, 09:46 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 10:15 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Awfully Liverpool of you. Find me a post in the last six months of someone asking for SS to be fired.

Dawgbite
01-09-2016, 11:11 AM
He heard that the NCAA is about to open up an AD position at a flagship university in the SEC and he wants to be first in line. I heard that his wife has already contacted a realtor in a certain southern town that is the epitome of an Ivy League town. I'm not at liberty to divulge the name of the school so you will just have to trust me on this one.

Taog Redloh
01-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Awfully Liverpool of you. Find me a post in the last six months of someone asking for SS to be fired.

There aren't many people that just come out and say, "Fire Mullen!!", but there are an awful lot of passive phrases like, "If Mullen doesn't do such and such, he should go....".

Same thing at the end of the day.

ckDOG
01-09-2016, 03:13 PM
Must have been a 2 per center.

Dawg61
01-09-2016, 06:40 PM
There aren't many people that just come out and say, "Fire Mullen!!", but there are an awful lot of passive phrases like, "If Mullen doesn't do such and such, he should go....".

Even if some people (not me) want a change in football that doesn't equate to aTm firing their athletic director.

shannondawg
01-10-2016, 10:25 AM

How did Stricklin get in this conversation?

defiantdog
01-10-2016, 12:09 PM

before or after the egg bowl this year?

Dawg61
01-11-2016, 12:49 AM

How did Stricklin get in this conversation?

Because you started a thread about aTm firing their AD and then made a gripe towards MSU fans. Our AD is SS so what's the point of your thread if you aren't attempting to give some type of heed to us about our actions effecting MSU?

BrunswickDawg
01-11-2016, 08:42 AM
Because you started a thread about aTm firing their AD and then made a gripe towards MSU fans. Our AD is SS so what's the point of your thread if you aren't attempting to give some type of heed to us about our actions effecting MSU?

From what I have seen, if there is anyone on here who might know that amateurs "dictating the program" has happened at State - its Shannondawg and AROB44. It's happened here. If the amateurs had had their way, Bobby Wallace would have started coaching State in '96.

Political Hack
01-11-2016, 09:15 AM

I'm fairly certain they were talking more about LT. Boosters interfering with Strick has only resulted in Ben Howland, which no one is complaining about. The meddling was more towards the end of the LT era.

A&M had to make someone's head role after that implosion and it wasn't going to be Sumlin. Their boosters have lost a lot the last few years. So close to greatness with JFF, but can't get over the Hump and to ATL. Had they been to Atlanta I have a feeling he'd still be AD.

LSU's AD may be next.

Dawg61
01-11-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm fairly certain they were talking more about LT. Boosters interfering with Strick has only resulted in Ben Howland, which no one is complaining about. The meddling was more towards the end of the LT era.

A&M had to make someone's head role after that implosion and it wasn't going to be Sumlin. Their boosters have lost a lot the last few years. So close to greatness with JFF, but can't get over the Hump and to ATL. Had they been to Atlanta I have a feeling he'd still be AD.

LSU's AD may be next.

It's never been realistic to expect aTm to suddenly be winning SEC championships after over a decade straight of being middle of the pack Big 12. Will they eventually win an SEC title? Sure but it isn't going to happen overnight. Not even with a billion dollar endowment and JFF bringing in another billion more. aTm needs time to wash off their little brother cologne. They stink of insecurity.

Doctor Smug
01-11-2016, 03:40 PM

ALL of Texas A&M are big money guys. you gotta make those guys happy.

that's why Sumlin is on a really short leash.

That's why Miles was almost run out of town last year.

shannondawg
01-11-2016, 03:45 PM

Believe it or not, I was just actually curious about the TAMU situation. In response to me agreeing that the same kind of meddling has happened at MSU which was mentioned by AROB., I was thinking about the search for a new president. There never was any to my knowledge any meddling with the hiring of Stricklin. There definitely was with the non renewal of Lt's contract I believe. And that meddling has to do with the big money boys that I have ever known to be just referred to as MSU fans.

Believe me if I want to know something i'll ask it outright and not beat around the bush about it.

How about this?: Why the F*** is Bracky still around? Read something in that?

AROB44
01-11-2016, 04:05 PM
Believe it or not, I was just actually curious about the TAMU situation. In response to me agreeing that the same kind of meddling has happened at MSU which was mentioned by AROB., I was thinking about the search for a new president. There never was any to my knowledge any meddling with the hiring of Stricklin. There definitely was with the non renewal of Lt's contract I believe. And that meddling has to do with the big money boys that I have ever known to be just referred to as MSU fans.

Believe me if I want to know something i'll ask it outright and not beat around the bush about it.

And my comment was referring to times in the past....even before LT.

Dawg61
01-11-2016, 04:12 PM

I think Bracky still being around is a blatant "**** you" from the higher ups towards our fans.

shannondawg
01-11-2016, 04:17 PM
I think Bracky still being around is a blatant "**** you" from the higher ups towards our fans.

The result is the same whether they mean it to be a **** us or not.

basedog
01-11-2016, 04:47 PM
And my comment was referring to times in the past....even before LT.

Well, no rep points for u and shannondawg, damn trouble makers! Btw, Dawg61 sure want get any rep points.