PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Question

MetEdDawg
01-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Question for those in the know. I coached a kid last year that I think our baseball team might would benefit from seeing and getting on campus for a workout. He's in 10th grade and I know my staff is working on getting him in front of Butch at Auburn. Anyone able to get me any info on what I can do? We are a big school in the Bham Metro if that matters.

PM if you need to but thanks in advance.

Bama_Dawg
01-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Have his folks send him to baseball camp at State.

Blackout
01-08-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm fairly certain Cohen wouldn't miss on a kid in BHam if he's the caliber of kid our program should be signing.

MetEdDawg
01-08-2016, 04:30 PM
I'm fairly certain Cohen wouldn't miss on a kid in BHam if he's the caliber of kid our program should be signing.

I would hope not. This kid is going to be a D1 pitcher. I would love for him to be at MSU and since Butch left, my staff doesn't have any contacts within our baseball program. That's why I asked. They have a relationship with Butch and I don't think my staff is going to actively search MSU out. We typically keep guys in state.

Taog Redloh
01-08-2016, 05:06 PM
Question for those in the know. I coached a kid last year that I think our baseball team might would benefit from seeing and getting on campus for a workout. He's in 10th grade and I know my staff is working on getting him in front of Butch at Auburn. Anyone able to get me any info on what I can do? We are a big school in the Bham Metro if that matters.

Dude, go to hailstate.com and go under the coaches names and email every single one of them at the same time. If he's as good as you say, don't let an opportunity slip. Tell them the HS and everything. Call up the baseball office and talk to the new guy Van Horn or Coggins. PM me if you want, there are people in Starkville who can make this happen.

Don't let a bunch of silly homer coaches screw us over. If they don't know who's the top dog at developing baseball players and who has the best contacts, they will after they meet Cohen. Why do I care, you ask? I personally want MSU to have a huge presence in Birmingham.

Todd4State
01-08-2016, 06:35 PM
Met- I know you may already know this, but since you are in Alabama I would get him in touch with Joe Caruso of the East Coast Grays for summer ball. We have a good relationship with him and their organization and we have a few guys that played for them over the years. They are a program that our coaches follow when they are recruiting and I'm pretty sure they have participated in showcases at MSU before as well.

Taog Redloh
01-08-2016, 07:02 PM
Met- I know you may already know this, but since you are in Alabama I would get him in touch with Joe Caruso of the East Coast Grays for summer ball. We have a good relationship with him and their organization and we have a few guys that played for them over the years. They are a program that our coaches follow when they are recruiting and I'm pretty sure they have participated in showcases at MSU before as well.
You mean East Coast Baseball, not East Coast Grays.

http://eastcoastbaseball.org/

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 07:06 PM
I would hope not. This kid is going to be a D1 pitcher. I would love for him to be at MSU and since Butch left, my staff doesn't have any contacts within our baseball program. That's why I asked. They have a relationship with Butch and I don't think my staff is going to actively search MSU out. We typically keep guys in state.

Hell, call Cohen. Why don't you have any contacts if you are the head man? Why depend on your staff?

MetEdDawg
01-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Hell, call Cohen. Why don't you have any contacts if you are the head man? Why depend on your staff?

I'm not a head man. I'm an assistant.

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 08:37 PM
I'm not a head man. I'm an assistant.

Ok, the "my staff' threw me. Still, just call Cohen at the MSU baseball office

Coach34
01-08-2016, 08:40 PM
shit- give it to me-I can have it to Cohen in 24 hours

Taog Redloh
01-08-2016, 10:12 PM
shit- give it to me-I can have it to Cohen in 24 hours
Anybody can, he answers his email.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Dude, go to hailstate.com and go under the coaches names and email every single one of them at the same time. If he's as good as you say, don't let an opportunity slip. Tell them the HS and everything. Call up the baseball office and talk to the new guy Van Horn or Coggins. PM me if you want, there are people in Starkville who can make this happen.

Don't let a bunch of silly homer coaches screw us over. If they don't know who's the top dog at developing baseball players and who has the best contacts, they will after they meet Cohen. Why do I care, you ask? I personally want MSU to have a huge presence in Birmingham.

Goat bringing the heat. I like it. Do what he^ said. Get our staff on this kid ASAP if you think he's elite

Todd4State
01-08-2016, 11:05 PM
You mean East Coast Baseball, not East Coast Grays.

http://eastcoastbaseball.org/

Yes, my bad.

Backwoodsdawg
01-09-2016, 12:01 AM

Coach Ming is the recruiting coordinator send him an email. He should know about him by now if he is as good as you speak of. They get on these kids in the 8th and 9th grade now a days. A lot of the kids have offers from the big programs by the 10th grade unless they are late bloomers. Where does this kid play if you don't mind me asking?

Backwoodsdawg
01-09-2016, 12:09 AM

Here are the camps this month he needs to be there!!!!

Baseball

2016 Winter Camps

Session I - Youth - All Skills Camp
January 9, 2016
Grades 1-8 | $125*(or $225 for both Jan. 9-10)
-*Camp Brochure*|*Register Online

Session II -*Youth - Hitting Camp
January 10, 2016
Grades 1-8 | $125*(or $225 for both Jan. 9-10)

Session III - High School - Pitcher/Catcher/Infield Camp
January 16, 2016
Grades 9-12 | $125*(or $225 for both Jan. 16-17)

Sessions IV - High School - Hitting Camp
January 17, 2016
Grades 9-12 | $125*(or $225 for both Jan. 16-17)

coastratdog
01-09-2016, 09:09 AM

Not familiar with the travel ball teams in B'ham but if he's good he needs to be on one. They are always looking for pitchers. Recruitment of these kids, especially pitchers, start young. I personally know a kid here in Orlando that has been offered by Vandy among others. He's only in the 9th grade. 1. Top notch travel ball team, go to all the big tournaments. 2. don't waste your money on Perfect Game. 3. Send short videos to all schools your interested in and follow up with emails letting them know your going to be at a tournament. 4. Keep your grades and attitude up. Unless invited I wouldn't waste money on going to camps. If your good, they'll find you. Good Luck.

Harrydawg
01-09-2016, 12:32 PM
Do you know Eric Dubose who is also coaching HS baseball in AL.

Eric also helps run East Coast....great origination as my son has played with
them......Eric can hook you up as well

Todd4State
01-09-2016, 02:27 PM
Not familiar with the travel ball teams in B'ham but if he's good he needs to be on one. They are always looking for pitchers. Recruitment of these kids, especially pitchers, start young. I personally know a kid here in Orlando that has been offered by Vandy among others. He's only in the 9th grade. 1. Top notch travel ball team, go to all the big tournaments. 2. don't waste your money on Perfect Game. 3. Send short videos to all schools your interested in and follow up with emails letting them know your going to be at a tournament. 4. Keep your grades and attitude up. Unless invited I wouldn't waste money on going to camps. If your good, they'll find you. Good Luck.

Excellent post. College baseball recruiting has become more and more about what travel team and what showcases you participate in.

Taog Redloh
01-09-2016, 03:02 PM
Excellent post. College baseball recruiting has become more and more about what travel team and what showcases you participate in.
I agree with this for sure, but I don't like it. This is another reason JUCO recrootin will always be good for us, for the talented guys who slip through the cracks. It's also why you see a bunch of TJ surgery.