PDA

View Full Version : From the Twitters... Wallace slumping and CJ, NCAA investigation...

RougeDawg
08-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Just checked twitter and it appears that Hugh is telling reporters that QB play is horrible right now and it's nowhere near where he wants to see it.

Also, finally after 2 years of me throwing names and hints out on twitter, message boards, and direct messages to any and every media member I could, it appears that Veazy is reporting that the NCAA is investigating into the CJ Johnson recruitment. Can anyone see the article on the Commercial Appeal. Wanting to see if its the names and same accusations that I know for a fact. CJ was given over $30k in furniture and other house hold items. Plus mother a job and CJ a monthly stipend. Philly Lawyer with a last name that contains a T as the 3rd letter is who facilitated the purchase, paid in cash, the weekend following the Egg Bowl where CJ had credentials ripped from neck. I was sitting by CJ at game and saw with own eyes. Plus have family that's lives in Philly and is "in the know". Wondering why it took NCAA this long to investigate. They knew right after it happened. I know I sent them the info.

msstate7
08-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Link?

BeastMan
08-07-2013, 01:16 PM
I'd call #1 a combination of a not 100% Wallace, rust, and coach speak

#2 is a bit more interesting. I can't fault OM on its compliance though. Per VZ they hired the Lightfoot Firm. Same firm Used by Auburn for Cam & A&M is currently using for Manziel.

maroonmania
08-07-2013, 01:21 PM
#2 is a bit interesting although I refuse to get my hopes up. Even though CJ Johnson is about the most blatant, in your face out in the open buying of a player I've seen in the last 20 years, I still refuse to believe the NCAA will actually get off their duff and do anything about it.

bocfarm
08-07-2013, 01:22 PM
An incident involving RN and cover up is coming next.

Pile it on

messageboardsuperhero
08-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Unfortunately, nothing will come of this.

CJ posted pictures of his new truck the day he gets on campus. Everyone who follows football in Philadelphia knows he was bought, and no one denies it. Literally everyone knows this shit. It doesn't get anymore blatantly obvious than the CJ case. They'll cover the paper trail though, and at the end of the day, there will be no concrete proof.

The NCAA is a joke. No SEC school will ever get in trouble unless they are stupid and turn themselves in. Thanks Bracky.

hailmari
08-07-2013, 01:31 PM
It's like they say, you can go to MSU and get a deal on a car or you can go to UM and get a car with a blonde riding shotgun for free.

RougeDawg
08-07-2013, 01:32 PM
This case will be easy for the NCAA. The only bad component of this story is that Philly is such a small, everybody knows everybody's business, that throwing your neighbor and rival under the bus is going to have years of ramifications. If it were me I'd say **** it. And if the NCAA calls me now, I'll give them names, items, and locations. They already know all of these but getting the people to squeal is the only way they'll get caught.

CooterDavenport
08-07-2013, 01:47 PM
This lawyer, would his name be kind of like but not quite the same as the Irish poet who wrote "The Countess Cathleen"? Or would it have more in common with a board game that takes way too much time and isn't as good as Risk despite what people say?

CooterDavenport
08-07-2013, 01:56 PM
http://neshobademocrat.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=301&ArticleID=27990

"The girls have made it a practice of standing near the fence before each game, to catch C. J.'s eye, as a show of support and encouragement."

The fuller paragraph: "While Molly and Tom Turner, Dr. Joe Jordan and Cheryl Mars did lend their combined neighborhood support to the Ole Miss Rebels, Cheryl, Molly and Sharon McKay lent special support to Philadelphia High School standout, C. J. Johnson, who has been named by The Clarion Ledger as "one of the six top players on the Ole Miss team for 2013."

The girls have made it a practice of standing near the fence before each game, to catch C. J.'s eye, as a show of support and encouragement.

Molly, Tom, Joe and Cheryl, and their weekend hostess, Philadelphia native Susie Hand Denson, attended the downtown pep rally the night before the game. "

msstate7
08-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Just checked twitter and it appears that Hugh is telling reporters that QB play is horrible right now and it's nowhere near where he wants to see it.

Also, finally after 2 years of me throwing names and hints out on twitter, message boards, and direct messages to any and every media member I could, it appears that Veazy is reporting that the NCAA is investigating into the CJ Johnson recruitment. Can anyone see the article on the Commercial Appeal. Wanting to see if its the names and same accusations that I know for a fact. CJ was given over $30k in furniture and other house hold items. Plus mother a job and CJ a monthly stipend. Philly Lawyer with a last name that contains a T as the 3rd letter is who facilitated the purchase, paid in cash, the weekend following the Egg Bowl where CJ had credentials ripped from neck. I was sitting by CJ at game and saw with own eyes. Plus have family that's lives in Philly and is "in the know". Wondering why it took NCAA this long to investigate. They knew right after it happened. I know I sent them the info.

I'm from Philly. I'm not exactly in the loop when it comes to om's dirty recruiting, but I've always heard the 3rd letter in the lawyers last name is R. Again though, I heard it and know nothing firsthand

mic
08-07-2013, 02:06 PM
An incident involving RN and cover up is coming next.

Pile it on

RN has already been caught on camera with his hand in the "tip jar"..

RougeDawg
08-07-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm from Philly. I'm not exactly in the loop when it comes to om's dirty recruiting, but I've always heard the 3rd letter in the lawyers last name is R. Again though, I heard it and know nothing firsthand

Lawyer I know to have purchased the furniture has a T as 3rd letter in name and a S as last letter in name. Wondering if names were in article or not?

dickiedawg
08-07-2013, 02:11 PM
a board game that takes way too much time and isn't as good as Risk despite what people say?

Way off subject, but would the board game you speak of be Diplomacy? Completely agree if so.

08-07-2013, 02:13 PM
Link?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/aug/07/ncaa-conducted-interview-concerning-ole-miss-cj/

CooterDavenport
08-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Settlers of Catan, actually. But I'm also sure Risk is better than Diplomacy.

LiterallyPolice
08-07-2013, 02:23 PM
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/aug/07/ncaa-conducted-interview-concerning-ole-miss-cj/

As a former web designer, I can appreciate your user name. Nice.

captain
08-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Settlemires is a laywer. I always heard Mars Mars and Chalmers thrown around when this first came up.

08-07-2013, 02:33 PM
As a former web designer, I can appreciate your user name. Nice.

Thanks. I figured we would have a few developers that would pick up on it.

SignalToNoise
08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
#660000!!!

#FFFFFF!!!

dickiedawg
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Settlers of Catan, actually. But I'm also sure Risk is better than Diplomacy.

Oh, wow. Settlers of Catan and Risk are two completely different animals. If you didn't enjoy Settlers you're doing something wrong! (Kidding... sort of)

FlabLoser
08-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Blast from the past...A look at CJ's new truck.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/rebel-doesnt-miss-range-rover-too-many-miles-29763

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 04:05 PM
If Ole Miss gets away with this, it might be the best thing that ever happened to us. It might make Scott and Mark finally realize that we need to make changes.

engie
08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Either way, those lawyers gonna be spending alot of extra $$ in Philly sweeping stuff under the rug on this...

Crazy how partisan it is up there. They talk to an OM fan - "nothing happened". Talk to an MSU fan - "it happened -- here's who, how, and how much(gives the name of the OM fan that already said nothing happened)

FlabLoser
08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Standing by while Yancy Porter runs to statewide radio shows and speculates how serious the violations and penalties are going to be.

fishwater99
08-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Matt Wyatt just said he doesn't care what CJ got and neither should you after he signs with another school...

WTF... What has Richard Cross been doing to him??

Saltydog
08-07-2013, 04:29 PM
be the one's getting hammered in the end due to accusations from one of our own. Just passing along their spin and what I'm seeing written but I would expect nothing less from these bastards.

CJDAWG85
08-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Wyatt is a pushover... I hope they fry those bastards up there and expose them for who they are... Then everyone will see how they got a Top 10 recuiting class...

t45fixer
08-07-2013, 04:40 PM
In meridian we all heard it was Mars Mars and Chalmers but the latter is not with them anymore but married in the family.

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Wyatt is a pushover... I hope they fry those bastards up there and expose them for who they are... Then everyone will see how they got a Top 10 recuiting class...

I think everyone knows how they got a top 10 recruiting class. Well, most probably don't realize that they needed an assist from Nick Brassell.

Speaking of, it's probably good that Snoop and Bias aren't there anymore considering I'm pretty sure that they received some benefits as well. Being from Madison, I know for a fact that Tobias was bragging about getting 30K from Ole Miss at school. I'm sure there are a few teachers that could confirm it as well.

EAVdog
08-07-2013, 04:45 PM

Just happy to be here hanging out in the club with the big boys. Meanwhile he'll have to "give credit where credit is due" to Mr Hugh Freeze about how well his recruiting is going. Hmm... I guess their is no connection then?

No team coming off a handful of conference wins in the last 3 years pulls in a top 10 recruiting class above board. Just doesn't happen. And they certainly don't flip folks like Laremy Tunsil from UGA last minute after Richt has recruited him for 2 solid years by just a fun night at the Library. Any Ole Miss fan who follows crootin' knows this.

They pissed off a lot of big boys last year, the storm is a coming to them. They might not get in any real trouble (assuming they don't hire Bracky) but the PR war is gonna be bloody. It will definitely hurt them in crootin', how could any kid want to commit to a team that will surely get probation after all of this. :cool:

EAVdog
08-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Which a player would not do as a precaution if they were under investigation. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:

Coach34
08-07-2013, 04:55 PM
be the one's getting hammered in the end due to accusations from one of our own. Just passing along their spin and what I'm seeing written but I would expect nothing less from these bastards.

One thing you can count on with Elitedawgs- you will not get of that bullshit spin here

Coach34
08-07-2013, 04:59 PM
I think the NCAA is just getting started on OM...they always find out about shit a couple of years after the fact anyway.

I'm pretty sure there is a list of things on those ****s right now

FlabLoser
08-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Snoop and Bias might not be as pro OM as you think after being kicked off the team. Especially Snoop - he was used and thrown out after OM got Conner.

Homedawg
08-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Either way, those lawyers gonna be spending alot of extra $$ in Philly sweeping stuff under the rug on this...

Crazy how partisan it is up there. They talk to an OM fan - "nothing happened". Talk to an MSU fan - "it happened -- here's who, how, and how much(gives the name of the OM fan that already said nothing happened)

I had an ole miss guy tell me "hell yea we paid him. What y'all going to do about it!". Some are blatant and don't give a crap and rub it in your face.

dawgoneyall
08-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Those bastards would gladly squeal on us.

Op4isabitch
08-07-2013, 05:31 PM
I think the NCAA is just getting started on OM...they always find out about shit a couple of years after the fact anyway.

I'm pretty sure there is a list of things on those ****s right now

Coach,
Just read one of the pay boards and a poster over there said this is being pushed by a school in Alabama. I'm guessing Tuscaloosa. Said the info is from an athletic department employee and involves more than CJ, so I guess you would be correct.

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Coach,
Just read one of the pay boards and a poster over there said this is being pushed by a school in Alabama. I'm guessing Tuscaloosa. Said the info is from an athletic department employee and involves more than CJ, so I guess you would be correct.

I'm not sure why Alabama would want to turn Ole Miss in but they did hire someone from Ole Miss's staff. Maybe it's because Saban doesn't like these hurry up offenses?

MSU, Georgia- I could see that.

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Snoop and Bias might not be as pro OM as you think after being kicked off the team. Especially Snoop - he was used and thrown out after OM got Conner.

I have heard that Ole Miss will pay guys like Snoop, Bias, and Pat Patterson money to keep quiet as well.

Regardless, what you say is true. 30K pales in comparison to the millions that going to Ole Miss cost them in their minds. I know Tobias didn't leave there on good terms. Snoop- I have no idea, but I have heard some Ole Miss fans say that it was EMCC's fault that he didn't have the classes to get eligible, which is pretty bizarre in my mind. I have heard some of their fans talk about how Ole Miss used him to get Conner, and you know that has gotten back to him at some point.

But there are a TON of guys that Ole Miss paid and it just didn't work out. It really could be any of a number of ex-players. Heck, it could be someone like Nathan Stanley for all we know.

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 05:51 PM
I had an ole miss guy tell me "hell yea we paid him. What y'all going to do about it!". Some are blatant and don't give a crap and rub it in your face.

They pretty much did that on message boards too.

Todd4State
Those bastards would gladly squeal on us.

And they pretty much did this as well- just through Byron DeVinner.

deltadawg99
Nothing would make me happier than if Tobias or Brassell would come out with proof of OM paying them and other players.

They aren't on the team or in Oxford anymore. What do they have to lose?

Todd4State
08-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Nothing would make me happier than if Tobias or Brassell would come out with proof of OM paying them and other players.

They aren't on the team or in Oxford anymore. What do they have to lose?

At this point not too much. They are probably just now realizing that they made a huge mistake in going there.

Saltydog
08-07-2013, 06:19 PM
other posters are here.

MSUDeltadawg1971
08-07-2013, 06:55 PM
I know that after he committed to Ole Miss he bought $1000 worth of softball bats when he was playing for Jobu. I also heard through the grape vine he even paid entry fees to a tournament or two.

AlSwearengen
08-07-2013, 07:11 PM
I have to feel that none of the cj stuff gets looked into if they don't pull what they did last year in recruiting. They raised way too many eyebrows and pissed off too many people. And alot of people forget just how close they were to signing the top three recruits in the country after a .500 season.

hacker
08-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks. I figured we would have a few developers that would pick up on it.

why not just use the shorter #600?

RougeDawg
08-07-2013, 08:22 PM
Not sure who the "job" provider was for CJ's mom. I just know the furniture was the signing bonus and the monthly salary was set up in a way that it couldn't be traced directly to CJ. So they trafficked the $ through his mom and a made up job. Maybe we should start taking notes.

Political Hack
08-07-2013, 08:23 PM
Coach,

I heard it's Auburn and involves one of their recruits that OM tried to go after. Pretty comfortable this is accurate.

Barking 13
08-08-2013, 08:12 AM
I heard it's Auburn and involves one of their recruits that OM tried to go after. Pretty comfortable this is accurate.

which makes more sense....