PDA

View Full Version : NCAA's Moral Obligation?

Political Hack
01-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Should the NCAA be obligated to tell kids that are about to sign with OM that there's a chance they'll be on major probation during their time there? I guarantee you that Freeze and Co aren't sharing the potential fall out. You think that QB wants to go play somewhere that may not be bowl eligible for 2 years during his 3-4 year career???

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 11:37 AM
I get what you're saying but I would think they would be opening themselves up for a major lawsuit if the investigation fell apart somehow. They probably almost have to take the stance of there are rumors of a school getting hammered long before it actually happens so the kids have to know that is a possibility. If they still choose to go there then that is on them.

maroonmania
01-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Should the NCAA be obligated to tell kids that are about to sign with OM that there's a chance they'll be on major probation during their time there? I guarantee you that Freeze and Co aren't sharing the potential fall out. You think that QB wants to go play somewhere that may not be bowl eligible for 2 years during his 3-4 year career???

Hopefully that is being taken care of by all the coaches from other schools recruiting against OM. I know if OUR staff is not telling kids this that we are going head to head with OM on then we are doing a lousy recruiting job.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Does the NCAA have a moral obligation to try & wrap up some portion of their investigation before NSD?

msudawglb
01-08-2016, 11:40 AM
It was my belief that most schools will let a kid who hasn't started playing out of his LOI if they are hit with sanctions.

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 11:43 AM
I can't imagine any investigation of the bears being wrapped up by next September.

Political Hack
01-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Does the NCAA have a moral obligation to try & wrap up some portion of their investigation before NSD?

That's probably a better question.

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 11:53 AM
The problem is they may already wrapped it up and sent or is sending their allegations but until the school responds to it we won't know publicly unless someone leaks it.

cheewgumm
01-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Do kids have a moral obligation not to take $ to play when they know it's against the rules?

As long as we're talking moral obligations.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
Do kids have a moral obligation not to take $ to play when they know it's against the rules?

As long as we're talking moral obligations.

Probably better to ask this question to someone who comes from the financial background that many of these recruits come from. My opinion on this isn't valid.

cheewgumm
01-08-2016, 12:10 PM
I don't really think too much about it and definietly don't want to get into a morals argument.

However, you cant say morals only apply if you aren't poor, or if things haven't gone your way. If so, then why not just say "I believe in ' thou shalt not steal", except that I'm poor, so F it...I'm ok to steal."