PDA

View Full Version : Rumor making the rounds on the OM investigation...

Pages : [1] 2

Coach34
01-08-2016, 09:41 AM
Just passing along whats being passed around:

1. The SEC notifies member schools when a school is receiving an LOI from the NCAA
2. Member schools have received notice that OM is getting a letter from the NCAA on academic fraud

Long Live Roy McClain

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 09:45 AM
Not to promote sausage finger's material here, but on Rosebowl's "Boneyard" yesterday on Bulldog Sports Radio, he went on a two minute rant at the very end of it & called Ole Miss the "Milli Vanilli" of college football. He said that, in time, people will look at Ole Miss holding the Sugar Bowl trophy and laugh at the fakeness & fraud of it. Ended by saying their fans have no idea what's coming.

Said, you can cheat, but you better not win too much. Overall, he seemed to have insight & had been tipped off that something is coming down the pipe.

This is kind of the problem with cheating. It's a little bit of a slippery slope, like drugs. It's never good enough & you lose discipline & go to the well to often.

This what I'm talking about. Ole Miss is going to get themselves in trouble because they don't have the discipline to draw the line. They just keep going, going, & going. Unlike Clemson, who's done this over a number of years, Ole Miss has lost control of their Network & it's obvious.

IMO, when you cheat, you need to do it incrementally, have patience, & slowly build it over a number of years in order to keep things appearing "realistic". When you do what Ole Miss is doing right now, you may as well be a bank robber that takes his mask off & waves at the camera.

http://i.imgur.com/gaolczZ.jpg

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 09:47 AM
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-02/5/11/enhanced/webdr09/anigif_enhanced-6217-1423154294-2.gif

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-02/5/11/enhanced/webdr11/anigif_enhanced-7757-1423155438-2.gif

QuadrupleOption
01-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Like most on here I hope this is true, but until I see something official I'm not holding my breath.

But man I hope this is true.

DLGDawg
01-08-2016, 09:51 AM
I enjoyed reading his stuff. He could ruffle some bear feathers. Ha

Just passing along whats being passed around:

1. The SEC notifies member schools when a school is receiving an LOI from the NCAA
2. Member schools have received notice that OM is getting a letter from the NCAA on academic raud

Long Live Roy McClain

CadaverDawg
01-08-2016, 09:55 AM
http://i.imgur.com/xpoE1Im.gif

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 09:57 AM

One of the best movies ever.

Statecoachingblows**
01-08-2016, 10:00 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dawg Corps
01-08-2016, 10:07 AM
What's a grit?

mic
01-08-2016, 10:08 AM
A quote from a 4star safety from Texas... The beautiful campus strikes again....

Anderson described the process of how Ole Miss became one of his top schools.

"I wasn't interested in Ole Miss or nothing when they offered me," he shared. "I never really liked it. I was like, 'Why did they offer me?' I was happy they offered me, but at the same time I was like, 'I'm not going there.'

"Then we went to Mississippi State, that was my first offer, and my family was like we want to take a visit there to show appreciation for my first offer, and we decided to go to Ole Miss. Ever since that day, I loved it. That's the most beautiful campus...the coaches, the players, it's all nice. Ever since that day, it's just kept growing and growing. Every day I talk to Freeze and they just landed up in there."

Jacksondevildog
01-08-2016, 10:09 AM
La Lafayette will hear their NCAA ruling at noon today.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 10:11 AM
A quote from a 4star safety from Texas... The beautiful campus strikes again....

"I wasn't interested in Ole Miss or nothing when they offered me," he shared. "I never really liked it. I was like, 'Why did they offer me?' I was happy they offered me, but at the same time I was like, 'I'm not going there.'

"Then we went to Mississippi State, that was my first offer, and my family was like we want to take a visit there to show appreciation for my first offer, and we decided to go to Ole Miss. Ever since that day, I loved it. That's the most beautiful campus...the coaches, the players, it's all nice. Ever since that day, it's just kept growing and growing. Every day I talk to Freeze and they just landed up in there."

Funny how only football players think the campus is beautiful, & no basketball players think it's beautiful.

AK has to go to Latvia to find players & can't get a big time American recruit. Maybe football players just have different tastes than other sport's athletes.

TrapGame
01-08-2016, 10:11 AM
So...it is coming?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwis29H5v5rKAhUL-GMKHVX2CYEQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fweknowmemes.com%2F2012%2F03%2Ftim e-to-fap%2F&psig=AFQjCNFkwZMFHe_soHYjWVToOhVzIhxiyw&ust=1452352230244908

deltadawg99
01-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Steve is adamant that they are about going to get sanctions. I believe he said academic fraud would be the first shoe to fall.

I hope it's true but I have to see it to believe it.

GreenheadDawg
Wake me up when something actually happens

Op4isabitch
K

The funny thing is, Ole Miss's campus is not a pretty campus. It's got a lot of dirt and gravel instead of nice grass areas. The grove is not appealing and is in fact a mud hole every time it rains and their buildings are a hodge podge mess.
Color me skeptical of this beautiful campus story.

HancockCountyDog
01-08-2016, 10:14 AM
I expect it will be related to David Saunders. I don't remember if he was there with Freezus or not, but if they get hit, it will be over him.

PassInterference
01-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Who is Roy McClain?

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 10:15 AM

Think that ruling will have mention of da bears in it? A precursor if you will.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 10:16 AM
K

The funny thing is, Ole Miss's campus is not a pretty campus. It's got a lot of dirt and gravel instead of nice grass areas. The grove is not appealing and is in fact a mud hole every time it rains and their buildings are a hodge podge mess.
Color me skeptical of this beautiful campus story.

It's irrelevant to me. I've never heard of a recruit in any sport actually choose a school because of it's pretty campus.

Football players, by nature, aren't art majors & could careless about the aesthetic beauty of a campus.

Mjoelner34
01-08-2016, 10:18 AM
It's irrelevant to me. I've never heard of a recruit in any sport actually choose a school because of it's pretty campus.

Football players, by nature, aren't art majors & could careless about the aesthetic beauty of a campus.

We know that they really prefer black jerseys over a pretty campus. **

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 10:18 AM

I think by beautiful campus they are talking less about the physical campus and more about the blonde host on her knees in front of him unzipping his pants.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 10:19 AM
If campus beauty actually mattered in recruiting, then the University of Colorado would be a national power. Instead they are one of the worst Power 5 programs

http://www.colorado.edu/law/profiles/cu_law/themes/law/images/background.jpg

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Think that ruling will have mention of da bears in it? A precursor if you will.

No. They will stick with ULL and Saunders. They won't get into UNM. We already know what we need to from the ULL side. The investigation there was triggered solely by the investigation that is happen at UNM.

Op4isabitch
01-08-2016, 10:21 AM

I agree 100%, which makes the story even more unbelievable.

FISHDAWG
01-08-2016, 10:22 AM
beat me to that one ... I've been on that campus and the setting is in a different world

GreenheadDawg
01-08-2016, 10:22 AM

I've always found it funny every year some top recruit picks ole miss because of their "beautiful campus". So you're telling me you chose to play football for the next 3-4 years and impact your NFL future because they have pretty trees. K gotcha

engie
01-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Don't have to get hammered, just enough to end up on probation

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 10:26 AM
beat me to that one ... I've been on that campus and the setting is in a different world

Haven't been on the campus but I have been in Boulder. You are right. That is a whole other level of beauty out there.

mic
01-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Don't have to get hammered, just enough to end up on probation

Yep... Hope for the same sanctions USCw got... USC has just now recovered form that and they are in the Pac 12 not the SEC and not to mention they are ****ing USC...

shannondawg
01-08-2016, 10:30 AM
Who is Roy McClain?

He was Coach34's mentor.

Coach34
01-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Who is Roy McClain?

Supposedly some old poster on Jeanspage that always claimed OM had an LOI that their lawyers were hiding or some crap

Coach34
01-08-2016, 10:32 AM
He was Coach34's mentor.

I only know him from Sixpack stories- I was never on Jeanspage

Irondawg
01-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Why didn't he rave about the beauty of MSU's campus. I'd argue ours is better looking overall and our football facilities are nicer but at worst it's a wash.

But give them credit for being organized and getting recruits to say the same thing over and over. Was talking to a friend about how they are going out of the Southeast so much and that's got to bite them at some point. I get why the other SEC schools can only say so much b/c we'rell all cheating to some extent and everyone knows where some of of everyone else's skeltons are, but that does exist when your are taking recruits away from Ohio State, Michigan, UCLA, etc. Those boosters will find a way to turn you over in a heartbeat.

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Who is Roy McClain?

He's Troy McClure's half brother. You may remember him from such movies as "I hate 17ing Ole Miss" and "TSUN is a Bunch of Cheatin' Bastards that Deserve to get Syphilis and Die".

Coach34
01-08-2016, 10:35 AM
Do these guys ever tell that "beautiful campus" bullshit to a real reporter or is it always the school's recruiting writer???

I've never heard a recruit on TV being interviewed talk about choosing a school because of its beautiful campus

HancockCountyDog
01-08-2016, 10:41 AM
Supposedly some old poster on Jeanspage that always claimed OM had an LOI that their lawyers were hiding or some crap

Im pretty sure he was the original "LOI is coming for the Rebels", then someone made him give a deadline. He gave a deadline - that date came and went - so Roy came up with the theory that the bears had received a LOI but that they had it directed to their attorney and therefore it wasn't public, and so no one knew that the bears were actually under investigation and had received the dreaded LOI.

Of course none of it made sense, but it did make for a really great conspiracy theory, and since this was in the early stages of the internet, it was good stuff.

msudawglb
01-08-2016, 10:41 AM

There's plenty of green on that campus...green that the recruits like. And they use ho's to keep the green looking nice.

JDog13
01-08-2016, 10:43 AM
He's Troy McClure's half brother. You may remember him from such movies as "I hate 17ing Ole Miss" and "TSUN is a Bunch of Cheatin' Bastards that Deserve to get Syphilis and Die".

+1

confucius say
01-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Well played

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Pigs go to the Slaughterhouse.

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 10:49 AM

There was an article a couple of years back, maybe in SI or ESPN the mag, one like that, about the recruitment of Ricky Seals Jones.

In the article Jones said he had offers from 4 SEC teams. He said something along the lines that he had visited 3 of them ,A&M, Bama,LSU, and the other had offered him big money just to visit, but that he laughd and said there ain't no amount of money to make me want to go there.

It doesn't take Colombo or Sherlock Holmes to remember how hard Ole Miss tried to get him to visit. In fact, the article may have listed the 4 offers as A&M, LSU, Bama & OM

So it's not like it's that hard to go interview him if you are the NCAA. But I bet those Sherlocks didn't.

Sacrifice
01-08-2016, 10:50 AM
OM is making the NCAA look like a joke. That school Possibly getting 4 of the 5 top recruits in the nation is just like a slap to there face.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 10:54 AM
OM is making the NCAA look like a joke. That school Possibly getting 4 of the 5 top recruits in the nation is just like a slap to there face.

They are making the NCAA look like a joke, but they are taking it too far & have lost discipline in their Network. They could've gotten away with it if they incrementally built their recruiting & program. But, when you go from 2-10 & then 4 years later, at a non-traditional power, are potentially landing 4 of the top 5 players in the country, it's incredibly obvious & like a bank robber taking his mask off & smiling at the camera.

In the end, I think greed will do them in. Top 10 recruiting classes weren't enough for them. They had to keep going.

HoopsDawg
01-08-2016, 10:55 AM
There was an article a couple of years back, maybe in SI or ESPN the mag, one like that, about the recruitment of Ricky Seals Jones.

In the article Jones said he had offers from 4 SEC teams. He said something along the lines that he had visited 3 of them ,A&M, Bama,LSU, and the other had offered him big money just to visit, but that he laughd and said there ain't no amount of money to make me want to go there.

It doesn't take Colombo or Sherlock Holmes to remember how hard Ole Miss tried to get him to visit. In fact, the article may have listed the 4 offers as A&M, LSU, Bama & OM

So it's not like it's that hard to go interview him if you are the NCAA. But I bet those Sherlocks didn't.

The NCAA has no subpoena power so with cash payments there is nothing they can do. The only thing they could get OM on is academic fraud unless some players start talking. That's why it would be pretty dumb for them to commit academic fraud. I heard that Rashaun Gary is down to Michigan and Ole Miss. He's from New Jersey and is the number 1 player in the country, LOL. And he doesn't have a brother on the team.

Also, everytime Shea Patterson comes to campus he's dad has his hand out. Also, heard Patterson is a cocky, punk so he will fit right in over there.

shannondawg
01-08-2016, 10:56 AM
Actually Roy was correct on a lot of things and really worked at getting info.. He either got some bad advice on the LOI thing or it indeed got covered up, I know him well enough to know that he wouldn't have gone out on the limb if he didn't actually believe it. He was so embarrassed that he quit posting message boards. I think he still thinks that there was one that got covered up, and I tend to agree with him.

He reads this board and comments on it regularly in a positive manner.

ckDOG
01-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Their campus is nice - I like it. So are a hundred plus college campuses in the country. You know what makes theirs different? They make sure everyone knows about it to an obnoxious level. Marketing. They are good at it.

Related to that, I made my first trip to Fayetteville this year. I was shocked how nice that setup was. I had this preconceived notion that Fayetteville and the campus were a dump. Not at all. Mountains + Walmart money = nice setup. There is no way you could argue that the OM campus is prettier than that setting. You wouldn't think that if all you knew about the two were what you read or hear. Arky doesn't try to make the entire country know about it. There's the difference.

Coach34
Actually Roy was correct on a lot of things and really worked at getting info.. He either got some bad advice on the LOI thing or it indeed got covered up, I know him well enough to know that he wouldn't have gone out on the limb if he didn't actually believe it. He was so embarrassed that he quit posting message boards. I think he still thinks that there was one that got covered up, and I tend to agree with him.

We would be honored to have Roy McClain stop by and say hello from time to time

Spiderman
The NCAA has no subpoena power so with cash payments there is nothing they can do. The only thing they could get OM on is academic fraud unless some players start talking. That's why it would be pretty dumb for them to commit academic fraud. I heard that Rashaun Gary is down to Michigan and Ole Miss. He's from New Jersey and is the number 1 player in the country, LOL. And he doesn't have a brother on the team.

Also, everytime Shea Patterson comes to campus he's dad has his hand out. Also, heard Patterson is a cocky, punk so he will fit right in over there.

They could at least asked Jones who he was talking about, or more realistically put 2 and 2 together. But I bet they did neither.

Coach34
01-08-2016, 11:03 AM
The NCAA has no subpoena power so with cash payments there is nothing they can do. The only thing they could get OM on is academic fraud unless some players start talking.

No- but like in the case of Renardo Sidney- they can suspend players when financials arent provided to them

defiantdog

I hope everyone realizes the "network" at OM works nearly identical to that of the old SMU. When coaches get involved with boosters to organize a payment plan, flags get thrown out and hammers are replaced. It takes a slip up to the right person. I just hope another team doesn't take OM's place.

HoopsDawg
They could at least asked Jones who he was talking about, or more realistically put 2 and 2 together. But I bet they did neither.

I agree, but they are so under-staffed and incompetent. Plus, the players have sort of a code of silence they all abide by. I've heard several ex-players who are now in broadcasting comment on this.

BulldogBear
01-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Not to promote sausage finger's material here, but on Rosebowl's "Boneyard" yesterday on Bulldog Sports Radio, he went on a two minute rant at the very end of it & called Ole Miss the "Milli Vanilli" of college football. He said that, in time, people will look at Ole Miss holding the Sugar Bowl trophy and laugh at the fakeness & fraud of it. Ended by saying their fans have no idea what's coming.

Said, you can cheat, but you better not win too much. Overall, he seemed to have insight & had been tipped off that something is coming down the pipe.

This is kind of the problem with cheating. It's a little bit of a slippery slope, like drugs. It's never good enough & you lose discipline & go to the well to often.

This what I'm talking about. Ole Miss is going to get themselves in trouble because they don't have the discipline to draw the line. They just keep going, going, & going. Unlike Clemson, who's done this over a number of years, Ole Miss has lost control of their Network & it's obvious.

IMO, when you cheat, you need to do it incrementally, have patience, & slowly build it over a number of years in order to keep things appearing "realistic". When you do what Ole Miss is doing right now, you may as well be a bank robber that takes his mask off & waves at the camera. http://i.imgur.com/gaolczZ.jpg
Ain't that the truth. Still hard for me to understand how they think they can come out of nowhere to become this recruiting giant at a nowhere program and think no one will notice and/or know what's really going on. But, they are a legend in their own mind. So, of course they can because "they. are. Ole. Miss." !!!! It's makes perfect sense. Aren't all of Saban's players just guys that Ole Miss had no room on the roster for??**

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 11:08 AM

Your correct but they don't need subpoena power to question anyone that is a part of a school. Coaches, staff, players, etc. What they do need is something to trigger an investigation. Once they start questioning you have to be forth coming or they can determine guilt from even refusing to answer questions. It's the people outside of school they can't do anything with.

shannondawg
01-08-2016, 11:10 AM
Will next week be a big recruiting weekend for the plantation? I have a sneaky suspicion that it is. Will tell why, if indeed it is.

confucius say

No subpoena power, but they don't have a standard of proof they have to meet. Nor do they have to prove anything to a judge or jury. And if you withhold requested info, like renardo did, there is an inference of guilt. I don't know if unm is some cheating factory or not, but the ncaa doesn't need hard proof to get you.

HoopsDawg
Your correct but they don't need subpoena power to question anyone that is a part of a school. Coaches, staff, players, etc. What they do need is something to trigger an investigation. Once they start questioning you have to be forth coming or they can determine guilt from even refusing to answer questions. It's the people outside of school they can't do anything with.

Yes, but Ole Miss isn't stupid enough to admit to any violations unlike us with the Redmond stuff. And their network makes sure they have plausible deniablilty.

maroonmania
01-08-2016, 11:11 AM
I hope everyone realizes the "network" at OM works nearly identical to that of the old SMU. When coaches get involved with boosters to organize a payment plan, flags get thrown out and hammers are replaced. It takes a slip up to the right person. I just hope another team doesn't take OM's place.

Well I thought the slip up had already happened. If Tunsil's Stepfather's testimony to the NCAA wasn't enough, given he was the main player OM worked Tunsil's recruitment through at the time, then there probably is no confession from any individual that will make much of a difference.

Maroonthirteen
01-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Their campus is nice - I like it. So are a hundred plus college campuses in the country. You know what makes theirs different? They make sure everyone knows about it to an obnoxious level. Marketing. They are good at it.

Related to that, I made my first trip to Fayetteville this year. I was shocked how nice that setup was. I had this preconceived notion that Fayetteville and the campus were a dump. Not at all. Mountains + Walmart money = nice setup. There is no way you could argue that the OM campus is prettier than that setting. You wouldn't think that if all you knew about the two were what you read or hear. Arky doesn't try to make the entire country know about it. There's the difference.

Yeah, I agree with all this. OMs campus is pretty with the trees. But so is Arkansas and then you have the Ozarks surrounding the town(s). Beautiful country. Upper Sardis WMA just doesn't compare to the Ozarks.

Also, the town of Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers/Bentonville have so much more to offer the Oxford area......it is NOT even remotely close when comparing the towns. But we all know what truly is the beauty of Oxford........whores and cash.

Sacrifice
01-08-2016, 11:12 AM
They are making the NCAA look like a joke, but they are taking it too far & have lost discipline in their Network. They could've gotten away with it if they incrementally built their recruiting & program. But, when you go from 2-10 & then 4 years later, at a non-traditional power, are potentially landing 4 of the top 5 players in the country, it's incredibly obvious & like a bank robber taking his mask off & smiling at the camera.

In the end, I think greed will do them in. Top 10 recruiting classes weren't enough for them. They had to keep going.

Right, that's what I'm getting at. Last I heard they were still under an ongoing 3 year investigation, you would think they would pump the brakes a little but HELLLLL NO, It's balls to the wall. It's just a big ass middle finger to the ncaa, catch me if you can.

maroonmania
01-08-2016, 11:13 AM
I think by beautiful campus they are talking less about the physical campus and more about the blonde host on her knees in front of him unzipping his pants.

Yep, that's about the only beauty on campus that an 18 year old male is interested in. When they are fulfilling your fantasies you tend to want to come back.

mic
01-08-2016, 11:13 AM
Will next week be a big recruiting weekend for the plantation? I have a sneaky suspicion that it is. Will tell why, if indeed it is.

Jan 29...

defiantdog
01-08-2016, 11:14 AM

The 15th and 22nd are supposedly both big.... Seems they have the resources to make 2 big weekends now.

Sorry: I meant the 8th and 22nd.

AlSwearengen
01-08-2016, 11:16 AM
At the beginning of this thread, academic fraud was the only thing mentioned. We know where that is coming from and expected it. Why no mention of "improper benefits"? We know Tunsil sat out seven games because of loaner cars and that has been proven. Surely, the seven game suspension isn't the only punishment handed out for the loaner cars. If so, Tunsil got more punishment than olemiss did over that one.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-08-2016, 11:17 AM
He is talking about the hoes that escorted him.....geezz

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 11:18 AM
Yes, but Ole Miss isn't stupid enough to admit to any violations unlike us with the Redmond stuff. And their network makes sure they have plausible deniablilty.

They don't have to admit to anything but they can't withhold information that is requested either. Anything the NCAA asks for they have to provide or it can be seen as an admission of guilt. Phone records, text records, bank statements, and that goes for the athlete and their guardians as well. Not saying it isn't or can't still be hid.

HancockCountyDog
01-08-2016, 11:21 AM
At the beginning of this thread, academic fraud was the only thing mentioned. We know where that is coming from and expected it. Why no mention of "improper benefits"? We know Tunsil sat out seven games because of loaner cars and that has been proven. Surely, the seven game suspension isn't the only punishment handed out for the loaner cars. If so, Tunsil got more punishment than olemiss did over that one.

Unless something breaks, my guess is that they get hit with academic fraud with Saunders. Maybe something on Tunsil, but since they cut a deal on the player, normally the school can claim it didn't know and unless a coach basically falls on his sword (Mirando) the school gets a slap on the wrist. That is what happened with UGA and AJ Green when he was suspended, same with Gurley. Hell, Im not even sure UGA got hit with any real sanctions.

Saunders is a problem for the bears though. My guess is they are trying to cut a deal.

Political Hack
01-08-2016, 11:22 AM

I would imagine that's actually how most of this is getting out. It's all tied together though OM former Associate Atgletics Director... Institutional control anyone?

maroonmania
01-08-2016, 11:23 AM

I thought the suspension was from dealings and improper inducements from agents? If he had improper benefits (like a loaner car) tied somehow to boosters from OM I don't see how he was ever allowed to come back and play this year.

Bdawg
01-08-2016, 11:23 AM
Pigs go to the Slaughterhouse.

Think you mean pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. Right?

Coach34
01-08-2016, 11:25 AM

Thats a different investigation and still ongoing

engie
01-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Right, that's what I'm getting at. Last I heard they were still under an ongoing 3 year investigation, you would think they would pump the brakes a little but HELLLLL NO, It's balls to the wall. It's just a big ass middle finger to the ncaa, catch me if you can.

I think it's smart. The hammer rarely if ever drops for a first offense no matter how egregious it is. It's the repeat offenders clause that gets teams severely hammered. If you know you are going on probation -- might as well go all-in ahead of it and stockpile the roster as best you can so that a year or two missing a couple of scholarships doesn't destroy the program.

Political Hack
01-08-2016, 11:26 AM

Yeah. Would be freaking awesome if he came on here. I love anyone that hates them.m

Oh, and conspiracy theories are encouraged here...

Political Hack
01-08-2016, 11:30 AM
People want them to get hit with improper benefits over academic fraud? That's absurd. Academic fraud is 10 times worse than improper benefits. Every recruit in the nation has had some cream cheese on his bagel. Hardly any of them had their ACT and high schools tests taken for them. It's a slap to the face of the very fabric of "student athlete" and spits in the face of what the NCAA is supposed to protect. Improper benefits are a dime a dozen... Academic fraud, at this level, could be program crushing.

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 11:31 AM

Last weekend of the month is their Recruit-a-Palooza. They want the last shot at them before signing day... which is smart

engie
01-08-2016, 11:41 AM
People want them to get hit with improper benefits over academic fraud? That's absurd. Academic fraud is 10 times worse than improper benefits. Every recruit in the nation has had some cream cheese on his bagel. Hardly any of them had their ACT and high schools tests taken for them. It's a slap to the face of the very fabric of "student athlete" and spits in the face of what the NCAA is supposed to protect. Improper benefits are a dime a dozen... Academic fraud, at this level, could be program crushing.

Someone taking a SAT for Derrick Rose put Memphis on 3 years of probation and caused them to have to vacate their best season ever. That was a single case of academic impropriety wiping away an entire season... It can certainly be as big as the NCAA wants to make it...

Really Clark?

Well they are both level 1 violations IF the buying of players or improper benefits fall into what they call "big money" category. But recently they have definitely treated the Academic Fraud issue very harsh. The problem as well all know on the buying of players is finding enough evidence to trigger that.

Within each level of violation you also have sub-levels. Mitigated, standard, and aggravated. The punishment depends on what level and sub-level the NCAA finds the school, coach, staff, player involved in.

shannondawg
I asked my ole miss buddy if he went to pavilion opening last night, and he said no, that he was going next week end. He has quit going to games in both fb and the two other sports. But has a keen interest in recruiting and I would bet money that he has in the past been a player in the recruiting game, and probably still is.

So he is not just going up there for the hoops, I guarantee.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Someone taking a SAT for Derrick Rose put Memphis on 3 years of probation and caused them to have to vacate their best season ever. That was a single case of academic impropriety wiping away an entire season... It can certainly be as big as the NCAA wants to make it...

If Ole Miss' penalty is vacating wins, I'm going to throw up.

There is no worse penalty that NCAA has ever conceived. It's pointless

Drugs Delaney
01-08-2016, 11:54 AM

He reads this board and comments on it regularly in a positive manner. I know for a fact that he was right on several things coming from a person who actually sat in meetings with OM and the NCAA in 2001. I've kept my mouth shut after seeing how Roy was treated. I also know why Cut was released and it has nothing to do with '04 on field results or his unwillingness to make staff changes.

engie
01-08-2016, 11:54 AM
If Ole Miss' penalty is vacating wins, I'm going to throw up.

There is no worse penalty that NCAA has ever conceived. It's pointless

I disagree. It's a much better/more fair penalty than forfeiting games -- and vacating wins is never a penalty that stands alone -- but the result of other penalties. Our 75-77 forfeits changed the perception of what our program is nationally -- even today. That's a 38 game swing.

The Memphis example cited:
- Vacate 38 wins
- 3 years probation(8 years repeat offenders)
- Failure to Monitor
- Forfeiture of NCAA tourney money

engie
01-08-2016, 11:55 AM
I also know why Cut was released and it has nothing to do with '04 on field results or his unwillingness to make staff changes.

Would come much closer to believing -- if they didn't turn around and hire Ogre -- and under his watch proceed to set up their network as we know it today. Cut is by far the closest thing to a clean coach they've had IMO

Count
01-08-2016, 12:00 PM
If payoffs and purposeful breaking of the rules was so common place, how come nobody ( ex-players) dont ever come out and talk about it.
I mean, if its so widespread, you would think some disgruntled player somewhere would talk about specific violations.

cheewgumm
01-08-2016, 12:00 PM
I ultimately think the lesson will turn out that the way to do it, is how they are doing it.

Cheat like crazy until you get probation, then cheat less.

WE missed the "cheat like crazy" part. However, we should learn from this if that is the way to go.

engie
01-08-2016, 12:02 PM
If payoffs and purposeful breaking of the rules was so common place, how come nobody ( ex-players) dont ever come out and talk about it.
I mean, if its so widespread, you would think some disgruntled player somewhere would talk about specific violations.

They do. Auburn has had a half dozen squealers at different times...

Drugs Delaney
01-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Would come much closer to believing -- if they didn't turn around and hire Ogre -- and under his watch proceed to set up their network as we know it today. Cut is by far the closest thing to a clean coach they've had IMO It all started with a Tulane recruit after their perfect season. You can start there and connect the dots all the way to Cuts dismissal.

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 12:04 PM

That was exactly how SMU was brought down. Among other schools.

Coach34
01-08-2016, 12:05 PM
Would come much closer to believing -- if they didn't turn around and hire Ogre -- and under his watch proceed to set up their network as we know it today. Cut is by far the closest thing to a clean coach they've had IMO

I think he was saying Cut was fired because he wouldnt get more involved with the Network guys

32 Dive
01-08-2016, 12:06 PM
And SMU kept going, after they got busted. UNM will probably do the same. But, I still think UNM will relatively skate by.

gtowndawg
01-08-2016, 12:08 PM

I knew Roy very well back in the day. My friends and I use to talk to him all the time at the Germantown Civic Center. And yes, Roy had sources back in the Jackie days. For sure. He was a great guy that loved the Bulldogs, no doubt about that. My friends and I still occasionally talk about him and the memories we had standing around the weightroom trashing Ole Miss. Roy's a good guy in my book.

Mjoelner34
01-08-2016, 12:12 PM

That's why I said in a thread a few weeks back that it seem like their plan is 'Damn the sanctions! Full speed ahead!'. Now, if they get hammered over this and vacate some wins, do you think a future blue-chip prospect is going to read the schedule and see a vacated win over Oky State or is he going to remember the ass whipping he saw dished out in the Sugar Bowl? I'm betting the ass whipping fires him up more than a vacated win brings him down. Anything short of bowl bans and show-causes will do nothing to disrupt the 'Network'.

Count
01-08-2016, 12:13 PM
The reality is that the NCAA organization has a conflict of interest, to say the least. OM and Auburn and all the schools are, in effect, the NCAA.

The NCAA police itself and to some degree they do , but they cant bring down the house. They will be damaging the Brand and They will be
killing a whole flock of golden geese. If you think about it, the F*CKING money that NCAA athletics brings into the pot is off the charts.

So, the NCAA is conflicted with itself-

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 12:14 PM
And SMU kept going, after they got busted. UNM will probably do the same. But, I still think UNM will relatively skate by.

Uh...SMU got the death penalty after that and still hasn't recovered. Kind of off base on that.

engie
01-08-2016, 12:24 PM

SMU was busted like 5x that decade. They just cheated harder every time something was taken away in penalties all the way until the NCAA shut the lights off. The "Death Penalty" was actually their 3rd run at Major Violations that decade... So they were basically double repeat offenders. What they were actually doing didn't get them the death penalty -- it was what they were doing after being caught twice previously...

coastdoglover
01-08-2016, 12:26 PM
I only know him from Sixpack stories- I was never on Jeanspage

Roy was correct, then the cover up began. I only hope this time the Rebs can't bargain their way out like they did with Khayat. Surely the NCAA has figured out what goes on up there. The bigger question is why aren't Kellenberger and Bonner and the rest of the Reb servants asking those questions?

OSCAR
01-08-2016, 12:28 PM
That's an interesting perspective. Hadn't thought about it like that. From what I've heard the whole investigation into things like this are now "negotiations," with the NCAA. Have no idea what that means exactly, but a pretty smart/connected guy told me that this summer and I just pretended to know what he was talking about. It jives with your post though, these "investigations" are jokes and the NCAA is a joke.

Drugs Delaney
01-08-2016, 12:33 PM
Roy was correct, then the cover up began. I only hope this time the Rebs can't bargain their way out like they did with Khayat. Surely the NCAA has figured out what goes on up there. The bigger question is why aren't Kellenberger and Bonner and the rest of the Reb servants asking those questions?
Khayat's " new and innovative" way of dealing with the NCAA

msstate7
01-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Aren't you essentially saying the same thing below about Ole Miss?

Freeze's track record is definitely the same as Howland's**

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Aren't you essentially saying the same thing below about Ole Miss?

Yeah you're not obvious

confucius say
01-08-2016, 12:45 PM
Yeah you're not obvious

It's only his first post ever. What gave it away?

Coach34
01-08-2016, 12:47 PM
He gone

preachermatt83
01-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Good grief 😏

Sacrifice
01-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Hell yeah, we don't miss tackles on this board.

shannondawg
01-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Who gone?

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 01:34 PM
Who gone?

The UNM douche troll from the previous page.

msudawglb
01-08-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm new to this board as of today. Thanks for having me. Thought I'd introduce myself seeing as someone else was just booted off.

BeardoMSU
01-08-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm new to this board as of today. Thanks for having me. Thought I'd introduce myself seeing as someone else was just booted off.

Picked a helluva day to join***

Political Hack

Your avatar has left me cautiously optimistic.

Sacrifice

Another freakin troll...I'm just kidding, welcome to the board.

msudawglb
01-08-2016, 01:43 PM
Another freakin troll...I'm just kidding, welcome to the board.

I use the same username on Paul's 247 site where I'm over 2700 posts. Class of 96, BSME. Was at the Maine game, Troy ST Tornado game, and the 3-2 Auburn game....I've earned my MSU badge.

shannondawg
01-08-2016, 01:46 PM
The UNM douche troll from the previous page.

I assume you mean Deergance, but I don't see his post. only a quote from part of it? I guess it got booted as well.

Political Hack
01-08-2016, 01:47 PM
I use the same username on Paul's 247 site where I'm over 2700 posts. Class of 96, BSME. Was at the Maine game, Troy ST Tornado game, and the 3-2 Auburn game....I've earned my MSU badge.

They should've taken your tickets. You're bad luck man!!!***

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 01:53 PM
I assume you mean Deergance, but I don't see his post. only a quote from part of it? I guess it got booted as well.

That's right

JDog13
01-08-2016, 01:54 PM

What would you know about that

Sacrifice
01-08-2016, 01:56 PM

Good lord man, that's some bad memories. That's when we couldn't execute the forward pass.

msudawglb
01-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Good lord man, that's some bad memories. That's when we couldn't execute the forward pass.

I've got good ones as well. Still my best game would be the Norwood beating of Florida....or the kick interception in the Egg bowl many moons ago.

ScoobaDawg
01-08-2016, 03:26 PM
It's only his first post ever. What gave it away?

DAMNIT!!!! Those are the ones I love... posting from UM wireless...

ScoobaDawg
01-08-2016, 03:30 PM

He's clean guys... I don't know him... but I can vouch for him. Don't argue with him unless you build rockets.

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 03:34 PM
He's clean guys... I don't know him... but I can vouch for him. Don't argue with him unless you build rockets.

I shoot bottle rockets out of a coke bottle.

Coach34
01-08-2016, 03:48 PM
DAMNIT!!!! Those are the ones I love... posting from UM wireless...

And they give themselves away quickly because they cant understand that most everybody else views them as no better than State. Because they think of themselves as a Bama or Georgia- they cant process that everybody else views them as a half notch ahead of Kentucky.

Freezus is a buck toothed redneck version of Jim Baker that was a nobody- and is now recruiting like a national power. Obviously there is some extreme bullshit going on

Ben Howland is one of college basketball's best coaches the last 15 years and is known nationally. The two guys and their resumes dont even compare. So its not unusual for Howland to recruit like this.

SDDawg
01-08-2016, 04:00 PM

My sentiments exactly.

OSCAR
01-08-2016, 04:09 PM
I'm new too but in a good way. With a better avatar I might add!

msudawglb
01-08-2016, 04:14 PM
And they give themselves away quickly because they cant understand that most everybody else views them as no better than State. Because they think of themselves as a Bama or Georgia- they cant process that everybody else views them as a half notch ahead of Kentucky.

Freezus is a buck toothed redneck version of Jim Baker that was a nobody- and is now recruiting like a national power. Obviously there is some extreme bullshit going on

Ben Howland is one of college basketball's best coaches the last 15 years and is known nationally. The two guys and their resumes dont even compare. So its not unusual for Howland to recruit like this.

For comparison's sake....in 2005 Hugh Freeze was coaching a high school girls basketball team. In 2005, Ben Howland won the PAC-10 with UCLA and a 25-6 season.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1652&d=1452287625

Swami Dawg
01-08-2016, 04:20 PM

I am for to being just leaving this here.

http://s15.postimg.org/qlyegpqcb/long_tooth.jpg

Brahmabull
01-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Swami is rolling!!!

chainedup_Dawg
01-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Swami is rolling!!!

If he turns out to be a troll i vote he stays on grounds of comedic value alone

SDDawg
01-08-2016, 04:35 PM
Howland puts future All Stars into the NBA, Freeze puts sure fire 5 stars out of hotel windows. Difference couldn't be more clear than that.

BossDawg
01-08-2016, 04:36 PM
Pride will eventually bring UMiss to her knees. I wonder if Freeze ever preaches on that because I'm certain there's something in the Bible about it.

Mjoelner34
01-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Pride will eventually bring UMiss to her knees. I wonder if Freeze ever preaches on that because I'm certain there's something in the Bible about it.

Pride goeth before a Kimcheech out a window.

jumbo
01-08-2016, 04:41 PM
speaking of RK jumping out a window...did y'all see the pictures of OM's winter graduation?

http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/AZGp/popeyes-spice-university-bahamas-bowl-large-2.jpg

maroonmania
01-08-2016, 04:41 PM

Well in Freeze's mind they've done nothing wrong because they are just being charitable to those less fortunate....and that also happen to have a highly rated football prospect in the family.

BossDawg
01-08-2016, 04:44 PM

That's just a red herring UMiss uses to try and throw everyone off as to why they're getting interest from these recruits. "I'm gonna write out this check. While I'm doing that send out a Tweet about how awesome our campus is."

Why can't they even clinch the West if their campus is beautiful and all that garbage? Why are they just now getting recruits because of this Utopia that exists in Oxford? Looks like the athletes would have ALWAYS been flocking there and AT LEAST a West title would be a common occurrence there if Oxford and the campus is so damn awesome.

MadDawg
01-08-2016, 04:45 PM
I wonder what the bearsharks are saying about all this? I guess I should go to SixPack to get their side of the story.

Swami Dawg
01-08-2016, 04:53 PM
speaking of RK jumping out a window...did y'all see the pictures of OM's winter graduation?

http://image.cdn.ispot.tv/ad/AZGp/popeyes-spice-university-bahamas-bowl-large-2.jpg

I am not being to familair with spice university so I used the google to find out more. I am sharing some of what I found here that would most likely being of interest to members on this board.

http://s30.postimg.org/cgtgu3fnl/robert_old_spice.jpg

I am not for being sure how this is all connected but google is thinking it is.

I will be furthering my investigating of this RK and jumping out windows and will be for to sharing my findings.

Swami

Dawg61
01-08-2016, 05:02 PM
I am not being to familair with spice university so I used the google to find out more. I am sharing some of what I found here that would most likely being of interest to members on this board.

http://s30.postimg.org/cgtgu3fnl/robert_old_spice.jpg

I am not for being sure how this is all connected but google is thinking it is.

I will be furthering my investigating of this RK and jumping out windows and will be for to sharing my findings.

Swami

Haha what a brilliant addition to this board you suddenly are!!

Dawg61
01-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Pride goeth before a Kimcheech out a window.

Lol new Ole Miss motto

TUSK
01-08-2016, 05:24 PM
I've always found it funny every year some top recruit picks ole miss because of their "beautiful campus". So you're telling me you chose to play football for the next 3-4 years and impact your NFL future because they have pretty trees. K gotcha

If this were the case, Auburn wouldn't sign any talent for the next 20 years...

too soon?

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 05:32 PM
If this were the case, Auburn wouldn't sign any talent for the next 20 years...

too soon?

Harvey approves this message.

BossDawg
01-08-2016, 05:35 PM
That's an interesting perspective. Hadn't thought about it like that. From what I've heard the whole investigation into things like this are now "negotiations," with the NCAA. Have no idea what that means exactly, but a pretty smart/connected guy told me that this summer and I just pretended to know what he was talking about. It jives with your post though, these "investigations" are jokes and the NCAA is a joke.

For whatever reason I still have some hope UMiss will eventually be put in their place. God knows they need to be humbled badly. However, ^^^THIS^^^ is why I'm not gonna completely hold my breath. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the NCAA or certain investigators are being bought out. Everyone has a price. UMiss is pretty familiar with that, too.

Jack Lambert
01-08-2016, 05:42 PM
For whatever reason I still have some hope UMiss will eventually be put in their place. God knows they need to be humbled badly. However, ^^^THIS^^^ is why I'm not gonna completely hold my breath. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the NCAA or certain investigators are being bought out. Everyone has a price. UMiss is pretty familiar with that, too.

***** is a strong drug.

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 05:44 PM
I will be shocked if they get nothing. It may seem minor to what we think should happen but to my memory, no team has been investigated this long and received no penalties. The NCAA has spent over 3 1/2 years at least investigating the athletic department, not just football, but other sports as well. They will get probation. The amount and severity? I don't know.

cheewgumm
01-08-2016, 06:17 PM
By any standard, 3 years is an insane amount of time. I don't understand how it could take that long.

Leroy Jenkins
01-08-2016, 06:23 PM
By any standard, 3 years is an insane amount of time. I don't understand how it could take that long.

NCAA spokesman have said in the past that one factor leading to an investigation being lengthened is the discovery of new information during the investigation process.

Todd4State
01-08-2016, 06:23 PM

It took the NCAA that long at least on USC.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 06:30 PM
NCAA spokesman have said in the past that one factor leading to an investigation being lengthened is the discovery of new information during the investigation process.

This makes sense, but it begs the question: if they keep finding new information, does the team ever go on probation?

I think we all realize that Ole Miss is going on probation, however, the problem is that I don't want to see them go to Atlanta first. The NCAA hurrying up & pounding them would be greatly appreciated. Preferably about two weeks before NSD

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Jackie Sherrill says "I gottem' beat"

Liverpooldawg
01-08-2016, 06:33 PM
It took the NCAA that long at least on USC.

longer

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 06:39 PM
UNC technically began in 2010 although the university doctored and hid info and the NCAA accepted them handling it internally. Finally, after public outcry the NCAA came in and dug into it further in 2012 I believe. New allegations were brought forward this year that delayed the NOA that was about to come out.

gtowndawg
01-08-2016, 06:42 PM

Who's in charge of this investigation, the manitowoc sheriff department?

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Who's in charge of this investigation, the manitowoc sheriff department?

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gtowndawg again.

Goldendawg
01-08-2016, 06:49 PM
60 year old dawg from birth. Best hope is that after the Miami investigation debacle, the NCAA wants every i dotted and every t crossed. I hope for the lack of institutional control. I like to think they haven't been there 3 plus years for nothing.

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 07:03 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gtowndawg again.

Have to admit, I'm not one of the cool kids here with the lingo.... but I've seen alot of this "Spread the reputation"

Care to let the nerd in on what it means?

Bdawg
01-08-2016, 07:05 PM

Better include me too. Howdy folks. True maroon here. I promise. Been a member a while, just never post. Anyway, good topics here lately and thought I might finally weigh in a bit👍🏻

Coach34
01-08-2016, 07:10 PM
Better include me too. Howdy folks. True maroon here. I promise. Been a member a while, just never post. Anyway, good topics here lately and thought I might finally weigh in a bit

feel free- glad to have you aboard. We just quickly ban the people that post from Ole Missus wireless

chainedup_Dawg
01-08-2016, 07:11 PM
I dont keep up with investigations, when was the last time an investigation took at least 3 years and didn't include some form of probation/bowl ban?

cheewgumm
01-08-2016, 07:16 PM
Just trying to figure out if I'm going to retire before this happens.

Jack Lambert
01-08-2016, 07:18 PM
Have to admit, I'm not one of the cool kids here with the lingo.... but I've seen alot of this "Spread the reputation"

Care to let the nerd in on what it means?

When you try to give Rep points and you have already given that poster Rep Points, you have to wait a certain amount of time before you can give that poster rep points again. So when you try you get the message "Spread The REputations". What happens when you see a poster post that, it means that they tried to give that poster some reps for their post but was unable to so they put that in the UrL to let them know it was a good post.

And no I am not a nerd. I was a US Marine. They beat the nerd out of me back in the mid 80's.

State82
01-08-2016, 07:42 PM

NCAA told USM it would be at least that long before they finished the investigation into the USM basketball program.

Saltydog
01-08-2016, 09:13 PM
something to show their buds to brag about.

defiantdog
01-08-2016, 09:22 PM
something to show their buds to brag about.

With vBulettin you can delete everything about a poster.... posts, profile info, IP addresses, usernames, etc. Admins can also view their pm's if they were bragging to friends that also joined the board.

BeardoMSU
01-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Anyway, good topics here lately and thought I might finally weigh in a bit

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1MhuU3fsSCs/VnGhFldpDgI/AAAAAAAAANs/YpIwxYnWNY4/s640/giphy%2B-%2BCopy.gif

dawgoneyall
01-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Retire hell!!! I just want to live long enough.

state66
01-08-2016, 10:28 PM
Somehow I missed the academic fraud allegations against ole miss? So saunders cheated on his ACT to get into ole miss. Is this the only incident or are there more? If this is an isolated incident do we really think the NCAA is going to hammer them for one player out of an 85 man roster? That may be stupid but this is a little different, in my opinion, of derrick rose who was one of the top players in the country out of high school and led his team to the national championship game.

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 10:35 PM
Somehow I missed the academic fraud allegations against ole miss? So saunders cheated on his ACT to get into ole miss. Is this the only incident or are there more? If this is an isolated incident do we really think the NCAA is going to hammer them for one player out of an 85 man roster? That may be stupid but this is a little different, in my opinion, of derrick rose who was one of the top players in the country out of high school and led his team to the national championship game.

Uh...Saunders wasn't a player. He is a coach and was on staff at UNM at different times during Nutt's years and Orgeron. We don't know how many players are involved at UNM. There were 6 at ULL including a UNM transfer.

CadaverDawg
01-08-2016, 10:36 PM

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web05/2011/6/9/17/anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

Jack Lambert
01-08-2016, 11:55 PM
Uh...Saunders wasn't a player. He is a coach and was on staff at UNM at different times during Nutt's years and Orgeron. We don't know how many players are involved at UNM. There were 6 at ULL including a UNM transfer.

We don't know but I bet if you had to count and you was one of the players that got in you would not have enough figures and toes to count them all.

BeardoMSU
01-09-2016, 12:00 AM
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web05/2011/6/9/17/anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

One of my all time favorite films, CD. Bravo, bud.

state66
01-09-2016, 12:59 AM
Thank you for the explanation. I got confused with players/coaches. Im caught up on the situation now.

alexaton
01-09-2016, 02:31 AM

If that's the case, what exactly does this have to do with Freeze's team? Would this actually have an effect on the current staff, or would the NCAA just make UNM vacate those seasons it took place? Somehow I don't think they'd mind having to vacate a 2-10 season..

Finally made an account just so I could ask this. I've been lurking here for a while, but was really curious about this.

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 02:53 AM
If that's the case, what exactly does this have to do with Freeze's team? Would this actually have an effect on the current staff, or would the NCAA just make UNM vacate those seasons it took place? Somehow I don't think they'd mind having to vacate a 2-10 season..

Finally made an account just so I could ask this. I've been lurking here for a while, but was really curious about this.

Saunders isn't directly connected to this staff, that we know of. Unless they continued to follow what he did. But it was the investigation at UNM that led the NCAA and UNM lawyers to interview Saunders and a former UNM player that transferred to ULL. This interview is what turned up the ULL violations. ULL is self imposing 2 years probation, reduction of scholarships, etc. Still waiting to see if the NCAA will accept the self imposed penalties or if they will add on. We also don't know how hard they will hammer Saunders. UNM will probably have to do the same considering this is Acedemic Fraud and a Level 1 violation. What else they are investigating regarding the UNM football program is unknown. Except the Tunsil and Hampton stuff. The players have already received the punishment for that. What if anything comes of that with the football program, who knows. But it seems with the case at ULL that UNM should expect or it will end up self imposing at least two years probation if it is on the same level as ULL. What else they could get or self impose? I don't know.

The NCAA is investigating the entire athletic program and not just the football program. WBB for sure and looks like Track program as well. The NCAA may stack all of this together for a Lack of Institutional Control charge like they have done at other schools. But again we don't know. The Notice of Allegations have never come out over those programs either so there is some credence to the stacking of charges.

Todd4State
01-09-2016, 03:06 AM

At the very least going on probation affects the current staff because they have to deal with the fallout.

Thing about it is we know they were investigating Tunsil and Hampton- both of which were obviously recruited by Freeze.

Really Clark?
01-09-2016, 03:23 AM
At the very least going on probation affects the current staff because they have to deal with the fallout.

Thing about it is we know they were investigating Tunsil and Hampton- both of which were obviously recruited by Freeze.

Correct. And they quite possibly will lose scholarships as well. If their level of violations reach that of ULL. I think is self imposing the loss of 11 scholarships over 3 years. Then you have all the other side penalties, fines, loss of visits, loss of contact to recruits, etc. If I was UNM the main thing I'm worrying about now is of they do in fact get a Lack of Institutional Control charge. That another Level 1 violation that's a big issue.

Jack Lambert
01-09-2016, 09:10 AM

Ole Miss might be trying to stalled and push off what's goiing to happen long enough to get this class signed.

engie
01-09-2016, 09:25 AM
Ole Miss might be trying to stalled and push off what's goiing to happen long enough to get this class signed.

Would be a very logical thing for them to do...

Personally, I'd be surprised if they weren't the source of the ULL delay. Suppressing release of a document that -- if it is like it's predecessor -- names them as a co-violator.

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2016, 09:35 AM
Would be a very logical thing for them to do...

Personally, I'd be surprised if they weren't the source of the ULL delay. Suppressing release of a document that -- if it is like it's predecessor -- names them as a co-violator.

Could be, but IMO this is where the NCAA has to have a moral obligation to see what Ole Miss is doing here, and make sure they wrap this thing up before NSD

engie
01-09-2016, 09:46 AM
An official report naming OM as co-violator in a case it's hitting ULL is not the letter to OM itself. And even if it was, they don't work on our timetables. The NCAA has no moral obligation to anyone.

Coach34
01-09-2016, 11:12 AM

the allegation is out there that Tony Conner didnt take his ACT- and it was taken for him in Waynesboro. That involves Freezus

starkvegasdawg
01-09-2016, 11:18 AM
the allegation is out there that Tony Conner didnt take his ACT- and it was taken for him in Waynesboro. That involves Freezus

Unless someone is willing to talk, that would have to be next to impossible to prove. Wouldn't think Tony would fess up and the proctor has probably been well paid and threatened to within an inch of her life not to talk.

Coach34
01-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Unless someone is willing to talk, that would have to be next to impossible to prove. Wouldn't think Tony would fess up and the proctor has probably been well paid and threatened to within an inch of her life not to talk.

wellllll, thats what everybody is waiting to see. I know who took it for him- we'll have to see what exactly Saunders told the NCAA
But the NCAA knows Waynesboro was dirty- and that Conner "took" his ACT there

ShotgunDawg
01-09-2016, 11:38 AM
What I also find interesting about this is if the NCAA will take this opportunity to slam Ole Miss for other things that they know they are doing but can't prove.

The NCAA knows that Ole Miss paying players, but can't prove it. Does the NCAA just punish Ole Miss for academic fraud here or do they expand the punishment to include other things that they can't prove?

Coach34
01-09-2016, 11:49 AM
What I also find interesting about this is if the NCAA will take this opportunity to slam Ole Miss for other things that they know they are doing but can't prove.

The NCAA knows that Ole Miss paying players, but can't prove it. Does the NCAA just punish Ole Miss for academic fraud here or do they expand the punishment to include other things that they can't prove?

Who says they cant prove other things? Just because we havent been told yet doesnt mean they dont have other info. Tunsil sat 7 games for a reason and thats highly unlikely thats the end of it. Hampton sat a game also. Investigations that go on for 3 years usually turn up things

AlSwearengen
01-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Wasn't it common knowledge that Conner didn't pass the state exam that would allow him to graduate? I don't know if he did or not, but it was all over the message boards. Would this affect his eligibility or could he just get a g.e.d. with a high enough act score, allowing him to be eligible?

I also seem to remember that Conner did an interview in which he insinuated that he chose olemiss because they were going to get him eligible.

BrunswickDawg
01-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Who says they cant prove other things? Just because we havent been told yet doesnt mean they dont have other info. Tunsil sat 7 games for a reason and thats highly unlikely thats the end of it. Hampton sat a game also. Investigations that go on for 3 years usually turn up things
And Tunsil's sitting directly relates to an additional benefit provided by a booster/corporate sponsor. They have used that guilt by association plenty of times before to nail a program without any major "evidence".

defiantdog
01-09-2016, 12:07 PM

It's really difficult for the NCAA to track a booster handing out an envelope full of cash over lunch at a country club to a recruits parents. It's actually impossible for the NCAA to track this unless they were there. Academic fraud is actually a worse offense, but the only way to get caught is by having the supporting party fess up. Then we are beyond sports related penalties. The NCAA knows that Conner didn't graduate with his class, had a slip up on his state test, yet scored well on his ACT. They know these things. They just need the supporting parties to admit wrongful activity to their due diligence. Also, Saunders has changed his story with the NCAA.

ScoobaDawg
01-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Better include me too. Howdy folks. True maroon here. I promise. Been a member a while, just never post. Anyway, good topics here lately and thought I might finally weigh in a bit👍🏻

Thanks for joining in and not just lurking...

Coach34
01-09-2016, 12:43 PM
It's really difficult for the NCAA to track a booster handing out an envelope full of cash over lunch at a country club to a recruits parents. It's actually impossible for the NCAA to track this unless they were there. Academic fraud is actually a worse offense, but the only way to get caught is by having the supporting party fess up. Then we are beyond sports related penalties. The NCAA knows that Conner didn't graduate with his class, had a slip up on his state test, yet scored well on his ACT. They know these things. They just need the supporting parties to admit wrongful activity to their due diligence. Also, Saunders has changed his story with the NCAA.

The NCAA also knows that Conner took his ACT in a place that has been found to have committed academic fraud- thats a 3 hour drive from his hometown

jumbo
01-09-2016, 12:45 PM
wellllll, thats what everybody is waiting to see. I know who took it for him- we'll have to see what exactly Saunders told the NCAA
But the NCAA knows Waynesboro was dirty- and that Conner "took" his ACT there

Serious question. If you know he didn't take it and know the person that did. Why don't you turn it in?

Coach34
01-09-2016, 12:50 PM
Serious question. If you know he didn't take it and know the person that did. Why don't you turn it in?

Not my job- and word of mouth isnt exactly proof. The NCAA has talked to the parties involved-thats how all this has come out

Coursesuper
01-09-2016, 12:55 PM

About this whole thing with UNM. Understand that MSU and our boosters have not turned UNM in to the NCAA. That is an important distinction to make here. The football side of things were turned by at least 3 other SEC schools and more than one school outside the conference. Our hands are clean here.

starkvegasdawg
01-09-2016, 12:55 PM
What we all need to realize is if they slide on this then we ain't seen nothing yet as far as them cheating. Everyone will know the NCAA just close to half a decade looking at tsun and if they come out not being able to prove anything then it's over. They'll be buying top 5 classes every year. This is the watershed moment. If they get off then we better start playing the game big time or we will get left in the dust.

defiantdog
01-09-2016, 01:13 PM
What we all need to realize is if they slide on this then we ain't seen nothing yet as far as them cheating. Everyone will know the NCAA just close to half a decade looking at tsun and if they come out not being able to prove anything then it's over. They'll be buying top 5 classes every year. This is the watershed moment. If they get off then we better start playing the game big time or we will get left in the dust.

What contending SEC school isn't playing the game? We just don't straight up lie to these kids and push our religious beliefs on them.

chainedup_Dawg
01-09-2016, 01:17 PM
I don't think the NCAA has to actually prove anything. They are free from the burden of proof. If they believe and are satisfied that you did something, your ass is getting hit. I have a hard time believing that they would stick around for 3 1/2 - 4 years if they werent finding information and believe that om is in the wrong

starkvegasdawg
01-09-2016, 01:21 PM
What contending SEC school isn't playing the game? We just don't straight up lie to these kids and push our religious beliefs on them.

I don't think we all play it to the level they do. That's the thing. The lying and mission trips are just what puts them over edge.

MaroonDawg4Life
01-09-2016, 01:28 PM
About this whole thing with UNM. Understand that MSU and our boosters have not turned UNM in to the NCAA. That is an important distinction to make here. The football side of things were turned by at least 3 other SEC schools and more than one school outside the conference. Our hands are clean here.

I hope you are right coursesuper but how do you know msu hasn't turned them in?

turkish
01-09-2016, 01:30 PM
The NCAA also knows that Conner took his ACT in a place that has been found to have committed academic fraud- thats a 3 hour drive from his hometown
Holy crap. If that's true ..,

Bully13
01-09-2016, 01:43 PM

I don't think we come close in the cash and whores dept. That's the difference. I don't think Mullen's honesty hurts us. Kids come here knowing they have work to do. I'm not buying this Sunday school shit from these croots either

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-09-2016, 01:50 PM
I know one poor kid, a former coaches kid, that has taken the ACT so many times he don't know if his name is Tig, Jerell, Snoop, Nick, or Cody. I just wonder does said coach telling this to the NCAA count as evidence?

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
01-09-2016, 01:53 PM

What do you mean by Saunders changed his story to the NCAA? What was his 1st story vs his 2nd story? Did he implicate UM the 1st time or the 2nd time? Or didn't implicate them at all either time just changed his story.

Op4isabitch
01-09-2016, 02:41 PM
I don't think the NCAA has to actually prove anything. They are free from the burden of proof. If they believe and are satisfied that you did something, your ass is getting hit. I have a hard time believing that they would stick around for 3 1/2 - 4 years if they werent finding information and believe that om is in the wrong

They are staying for the beautiful campus. ***

Coach34
01-09-2016, 04:19 PM
I know one poor kid, a former coaches kid, that has taken the ACT so many times he don't know if his name is Tig, Jerell, Snoop, Nick, or Cody. I just wonder does said coach telling this to the NCAA count as evidence?

Look forward to finding out

Bdawg
01-09-2016, 05:03 PM

Did Conner ever come back and play this year after his injury? If not, were the Bearwhatevers holding him out for a true injury or some of this stuff we are discussing? Seems like I never really heard much about his injury, and best I remember he hardly ever got back in the game, if any. Is this injury just some more cover up junk by them to keep an ineligible player off the field or am I off base?

Coach34
01-09-2016, 05:14 PM
Did Conner ever come back and play this year after his injury? If not, were the Bearwhatevers holding him out for a true injury or some of this stuff we are discussing? Seems like I never really heard much about his injury, and best I remember he hardly ever got back in the game, if any. Is this injury just some more cover up junk by them to keep an ineligible player off the field or am I off base?

yes he returned to play the last couple- then missed the bowl for another knee scope

maroonmania
01-09-2016, 05:51 PM
I don't think we all play it to the level they do. That's the thing. The lying and mission trips are just what puts them over edge.

Does everybody speed? Yes. Does everyone blow down the highway going 110 mph? No.

BossDawg
01-09-2016, 10:38 PM

The difference as far as I can tell is UMiss is just painfully obvious at playing the game. So obvious that it's almost like they WANT people to know they're "playing with the big boys". They seem to be getting reckless and prideful about it, and at some point that has to come back on them.

Dawgowar
01-10-2016, 12:09 AM
The ULL situation is forcing the NCAA to move on this aspect of UNM's conduct now. Academic fraud is the equivilant of a felony to the NCAA. I mean that organization is a joke in terms of inducements and being no-holds barred pay to play. They have to act on flagrant academic 'crimes' or they lose what little cried they have left. Interesting though, they could find more academic crimes under Bjork and Freeze...that will make it worse. MucH worse.

What really makes this bad is that the NCAA just labeled a fraudulent course taken by 1500 athletes at UNC as an inducement and NOT academic fraud. The head of the bogus course's department did not know it existed...inducement.

But they leave ACT testing in this case as Academic Fraud.

In the words of Johnny Cash..."you can run on for long time...."

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 12:33 AM
I think the NCAA actually did make it academic fraud in the UNC case along with lack of institutional control. The problem now is that UNC had to turn in new violations in Aug after the NOA in July. Therefore prolonging the case.

Brando
01-10-2016, 05:23 AM
I have been lurking on here for awhile reading these threads and waiting for it all to happen (I am full fledged Bulldog). My take is that NM seems to know what is coming and instead of taking it easy and getting hit and be done with it, they decided to get as much as they could and hopefully the program wouldn't miss a beat during probation or whatever happens. I mean hell, look at what recruits they are pulling. There is no way they all of a sudden go from low man in the SEC to fighting LSU and Bama for guys. No freakin way There is no way a recruit from NJ is coming to Oxford because of a "beautiful Campus!" I call total bullshit!!

PassInterference
01-10-2016, 07:39 AM
Wet blanket post:

North Carolina got busted for widespread institutionalize academic fraud. Over 3,000 student athletes over 18 years took fake classes.

They got 1 year probation.

Schultzy
01-10-2016, 08:05 AM
Wet blanket post:

North Carolina got busted for widespread institutionalize academic fraud. Over 3,000 student athletes over 18 years took fake classes.

All you can do is laugh at that, and at the same time it's astonishing. Wonder if they lost any scholarships?

It tells you there is absolutely no way to ever predict what the NCAA will do with the info in front of them and in the public eye. You can get hammered or slapped on the wrist and there is no rhyme or reason to it and they're not worried about their own public perception.

No telling what kind of corruption is going on behind the scenes in each and all of their investigations and being an investigator or admin at the ncaa is worth millions if you're willing to be on the take.

Dawgface
01-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Wet blanket post:

Yeah, I'm not expecting much to come out of this. OM believes the returns are greater than the risks and they will probably be proven correct.

PassInterference
01-10-2016, 08:39 AM
The returns are greater than the risks no matter how hard the NCAA hits.

That's assuming Bracky Brett isn't in charge and the boosters don't let a speed bump slow things down. That's assuming we don't put ourselves on a multi-year exile from football by hiring an authority figurehead coach.

engie
01-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Probation is all that anyone should be looking for from the case. One year probation = "6 years -- your ass is grass if we come back here". Repeat offenses is how you actually get hammered.

Really Clark?
01-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Where are you getting that UNC only got 1 year probation? The NCAA has not given them sanctions yet. They just got the NOA this summer and it's no longer valid since new violations came out in August. The case is not done yet.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2015/08/17/unc-chapel-hill-reports-new-possible-ncaa-violations
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25269910/unc-reports-new-violations-to-ncaa-that-should-delay-infractions-case

Dawgowar
01-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Wet blanket post:

That case is not finalized, it was downgraded to 'inducement'. UNC noted that in an article in early December. Also stated they were finishing they were awaiting all the charges from NCAA. This has been going on for several years and is now effecting their basketball recruitment.

Maroons
01-10-2016, 10:55 AM
Probation is all that anyone should be looking for from the case. One year probation = "6 years -- your ass is grass if we come back here". Repeat offenses is how you actually get hammered.

Disagree. Probation only at this point would be a major disappointment and prove, once again, NCAA enforcement incompetence.

Academic fraud + agent involvement + exorbitant improper benefits (should) = major sanctions like scholarship reductions and loss of postseason play.

PassInterference
01-10-2016, 10:57 AM
My bad. It was an accreditation probation.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/13058773/academic-fraud-nets-north-carolina-tar-heels-1-year-probation-accreditation-agency-says

engie
01-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Disagree. Probation only at this point would be a major disappointment and prove, once again, NCAA enforcement incompetence.

Academic fraud + agent involvement + exorbitant improper benefits (should) = major sanctions like scholarship reductions and loss of postseason play.

No team in the SEC has lost postseason play since us for Jackie. Well over a decade of the wild west without anything that would be qualified as "major sanctions" on that level. Half the league has been on probation in that time period too. Despite people's memories -- what we did at the time didn't get us hammered -- it was in repeat offending while on scholarship reduction and probation from the previous case in 97/98. No one is saying they can't get hit hard -- but if you are sitting around expect it -- you are setting yourself up for immense disappointment. Especially when the only thing that's open and shut at this point is the academic angle. And it's only open and shut because of ULL.

Maroons
01-10-2016, 11:24 AM
No team in the SEC has lost postseason play since us for Jackie. Well over a decade of the wild west without anything that would be qualified as "major sanctions" on that level. Half the league has been on probation in that time period too. Despite people's memories -- what we did at the time didn't get us hammered -- it was in repeat offending while on scholarship reduction and probation from the previous case in 97/98. No one is saying they can't get hit hard -- but if you are sitting around expect it -- you are setting yourself up for immense disappointment. Especially when the only thing that's open and shut at this point is the academic angle. And it's only open and shut because of ULL.

In that time frame, name the other SEC programs that have been under investigation for 3+ years with the level of smoke surrounding the OM program. None.

MedDawg
01-10-2016, 11:58 AM

defiantdog
01-10-2016, 12:04 PM

Bama got a 2 year bowl ban and had scholarship reductions back in 2002. The infractions dated back to the Stallings days. And the major infractions were for boosters paying recruits with the coaches knowledge. The NCAA is going to hit OM with infractions, it just takes a decade.

Op4isabitch
01-10-2016, 04:41 PM
What's with all of the Fancy Ole Miss Lawyer stuff? Nearly all States have a University that has a law school.

Ole Miss's prestigious Law School is ranked 107th in the country by U.S News and World Report. For a comparison Bama's Law School is ranked 72 places higher at 35th in the country.

Ole Miss's Lawyers aren't that "fancy".

ShotgunDawg
01-10-2016, 04:54 PM
What's with all of the Fancy Ole Miss Lawyer stuff? Nearly all States have a University that has a law school.

Ole Miss's prestigious Law School is ranked 107th in the country by U.S News and World Report. For a comparison Bama's Law School is ranked 72 places higher at 35th in the country.

I don't disagree, but I think Ole Miss' lawyers may get more involved in the football program than anyone else's, except may Texas. There are many law schools that are much better than Ole Miss', but I'm not sure they care as much about football & feel it as their duty to get as involved.

Op4isabitch
01-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Do you think they get involved in the football program to compensate for the short comings they have as men?

Its been my observation that a lot of Ole Miss Fans are always trying to keep up with the Jones's. I see many of the living well beyond their means, it's almost as if it is a culture all its own up there, it's like they believe that if they cheat/overextend themselves then people will think more of them. They seem to have an insecurity complex.

engie
01-10-2016, 05:19 PM
There is no inferiority complex with the ones actually entrusted with protecting their football interests. Those guys actually carry big sticks. And I don't see what the law school ranking itself has to do with those lawyers. It's like defining the history dept at USM as a reason they can't roll through a Jimmy Buffett. The ones involved in this are quite literally considered too good to represent the innocent. And those are backed by the full weight of the tobacco billions.

Bothrops
01-10-2016, 05:22 PM

Many of them are unscrupulous, some of the others are straight up crooks. Some of them are millionaires into the hundreds. People like that have tremendous influence and power in a poor state like Mississippi. This state breeds a culture of blue bloods that are already suffering from inferiority issues that come with the territory. When they become successful they construct these egotistical personalities. Big fish in small pond. These are OM backers.

Coursesuper
01-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Many of them are unscrupulous, some of the others are straight up crooks. Some of them are millionaires into the hundreds. People like that have tremendous influence and power in a poor state like Mississippi. This state breeds a culture of blue bloods that are already suffering from inferiority issues that come with the territory. When they become successful they construct these egotistical personalities. Big fish in small pond. These are OM backers.

Some of them are down right Nutt y.

starkvegasdawg
01-10-2016, 05:59 PM
One call. That's all.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-10-2016, 06:32 PM

This is what I have never understood. When a star football player just decides to take his ACT 3.5 hours from home in a town that he has absolutely no ties to, shouldn't that throw up some red flags to the NCAA?

CadaverDawg
01-10-2016, 06:38 PM
Do you think they get involved in the football program to compensate for the short comings they have as men?

Its been my observation that a lot of Ole Miss Fans are always trying to keep up with the Jones's. I see many of the living well beyond their means, it's almost as if it is a culture all its own up there, it's like they believe that if they cheat/overextend themselves then people will think more of them. They seem to have an insecurity complex.

We have a winner...

http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.gif

AlSwearengen
01-10-2016, 07:48 PM

This is scary accurate. I recently saw a list of the states ranked according to how corrupt they were. It was an online edition of a well known and easily recognized magazine (wish I could remember which one). Mississippi took the top prize and I don't think veterinarians, nurses, and engineers helped attain this particular ranking.

Dawghouse
01-10-2016, 07:55 PM
This is scary accurate. I recently saw a list of the states ranked according to how corrupt they were. It was an online edition of a well known and easily recognized magazine (wish I could remember which one). Mississippi took the top prize and I don't think veterinarians, nurses, and engineers helped attain this particular ranking.

At least one engineer helped.

-Mayor Mary

Boodawg
01-10-2016, 08:06 PM

There are these types at every school but seems to be more at um than is normal

Fred Garvin
01-10-2016, 08:14 PM

Spend sometime with a group of Mississippi state legislators.

Coursesuper
01-10-2016, 08:29 PM
If you want to find out who and where the money come from follow the tobacco law suit. But the major player isn't from the coast.

fmbdawg17
01-10-2016, 08:31 PM
At least one engineer helped.

-Mayor Mary

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

Bucky Dog
01-10-2016, 09:36 PM
RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

Nice first post. But a very accurate one!

sandwolf
01-10-2016, 11:14 PM
This is what I have never understood. When a star football player just decides to take his ACT 3.5 hours from home in a town that he has absolutely no ties to, shouldn't that throw up some red flags to the NCAA?

I have never understood that either.

Political Hack
01-11-2016, 09:23 AM
One of their most influential alumni went to the big house for bribing judges. You think he cares about NCAA rules? In all honesty I don't know why anyone would care about their club rules, especially if you're not a member of their club. It's akin to breaking a homeowners association rule but they can't fine you. They have no legal authority. Why in the hell would any lawyer worth his salt be concerned about what the NCAA says or thinks?

blacklistedbully
01-11-2016, 10:46 AM

This won't matter to UNM. If they get busted for cheating, they will go all-in to bring us down as much as possible. We have seen in the past they will even pay people to provide false testimony. They have giddily allowed a married booster to whore herself out to an NCAA investigator to bring us down.

With UNM, it's not about, "justice", rather it's about doing anything and everything to try to prevent MSU from taking over in football. They hate us as much as we hate them. The difference is, they have no qualms about playing as dirty as it takes. They have no limits to how low they will sink.

Rest assured, if they are busted, hindering their ability to buy players, much of that money will shift toward taking us down as well.

engie
01-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Except "we" aren't the ones responsible for the take-down in the first place this time.

Hoping they get hammered hard enough to truly set them back drastically is just wishful thinking IMO.

blacklistedbully
01-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Except "we" aren't the ones responsible for the take-down in the first place this time.

Hoping they get hammered hard enough to truly set them back drastically is just wishful thinking IMO.

I know. I was responding to the post saying as much. I suspect there is a feeling among some that UNM won't come hard after us this time because, "we didn't turn them in". I'm saying I don't think that matters to them. What does matter to them is that UNM football be perceived to be a better football program than MSU. Sure, they want more than that most of the time as well, but if they go down, the primary goal will shift to bringing us down with them, and they will stop at nothing to accomplish that.

Their delusional minds can manufacture a sense of superiority despite the way we have traditionally dominated in all other sports and produced better academic results, as long as they can convince themselves their football team is better than ours. Look at how they continue to view themselves despite the fact the series has been even since Archie Manning and John Vaught.

But if we start kicking their ass routinely in football, they lose that. They will not stand idly by while that happens. If they can't beat us by buying players, they will try to do it by damaging MSU at all cost. It won't be about revenge, it will be about their ego and national perception. If we truly overtake them by a considerable margin in football for an extended period of time, the meltdown would be epic.

maroonmania
01-11-2016, 11:53 AM
What does matter to them is that UNM football be perceived to be a better football program than MSU.

I don't think some MSU fans realize how much this one factor drives the real movers and shakers behind the OM football program. Anytime we get close to being perceived as rising above them in football, and I mean like clockwork, they take DRASTIC measures. Anything from in the past trying to bury us with the NCAA by putting private investigators on our recruits to dig up any dirt they could find (and apparently providing incentives to an NCAA investigator with sexual favors), to working last minute shady deals to flip in-state prospects or have flips planned all along to make us look bad, to now having their 'network' run wild to pull every top ranked player in the country that might be interested in their "incentives" and "beautiful campus" (-- which I personally take as code for co-eds involved in the process). These folks will never rest having us perceived by anyone as a superior football program to them. It is by far their greatest driving factor to everything they do in the recruiting game and PR game.

Count
01-11-2016, 12:45 PM
I still think if we take care of our own business, we control our own prestige and destiny. Doesnt matter what OM does or doesnt
do, we need to drop this fixation on their program and concentrate on ours. Settle everything on the field.

Coursesuper
01-11-2016, 12:53 PM
I still think if we take care of our own business, we control our own prestige and destiny. Doesnt matter what OM does or doesnt
do, we need to drop this fixation on their program and concentrate on ours. Settle everything on the field.

This is where a lot of our fan just doesn't get it. The games are not just played on the field, it is 24-7, 365 and you are "all in" or not. UNM is all in plus some. This is where we must step up. Not speeding past the police at 140 with our hair on fire like them but its time.

Bully13
01-11-2016, 01:04 PM
There is no room for 2 successful SEC teams in Mississippi. If you can't compete with a team named "Ole Miss ", you get what you deserve.

Liverpooldawg
01-11-2016, 01:19 PM
This is where a lot of our fan just doesn't get it. The games are not just played on the field, it is 24-7, 365 and you are "all in" or not. UNM is all in plus some. This is where we must step up. Not speeding past the police at 140 with our hair on fire like them but its time.

You may want us to be like them but I don't.

louisvilledawg
01-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Bama got a 2 year bowl ban and had scholarship reductions back in 2002. The infractions dated back to the Stallings days. And the major infractions were for boosters paying recruits with the coaches knowledge. The NCAA is going to hit OM with infractions, it just takes a decade.

Think Freeze will have defenses set up against "paying prospects with the coaches knowledge"

Always have to have plausible deniability

JoseBrown
01-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Question: If the Bears are being so thoroughly investigated to have to sit multiple players this past season and the NCAA has been up there for three years,and the ULL investigation connection, how in the hell do they have the stones to go get two #1 players and possibility of two more this year?

Are they going balls out no matter the ramifications? Or do they believe for some reason they won't be caught?

Really Clark?
01-11-2016, 02:03 PM
Question: If the Bears are being so thoroughly investigated to have to sit multiple players this past season and the NCAA has been up there for three years,and the ULL investigation connection, how in the hell do they have the stones to go get two #1 players and possibility of two more this year?

Are they going balls out no matter the ramifications? Or do they believe for some reason they won't be caught?

The answer is yes.

Hunkaburningdawg
01-11-2016, 02:03 PM

I think they know something from the NCAA is coming down and their only recourse is to have a decent team on the field or lose all hope. And as the drunk chick in the video said, "Ole Miss football is my life".