PDA

View Full Version : ULL Infractions Being Announced today

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Barrett Sallee ‏@BarrettSallee 16m16 minutes ago
The NCAA Committee on Infractions will announce its decision on Louisiana-Lafayette today at 1 p.m. ET

Is this in relation to the Wayne County mess?

If so, boy that was a quick investigation.

What's the fall out here?

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Barrett Sallee ‏@BarrettSallee 16m16 minutes ago
The NCAA Committee on Infractions will announce its decision on Louisiana-Lafayette today at 1 p.m. ET

Is this in relation to the Wayne County mess?

If so, boy that was a quick investigation.

What's the fall out here?

Yes but it wasn't that quick. What came out a few months ago was ULL's response and self-imposing of infractions statement that went to the NCAA. The first interview happened 12/2013. This is what the NCAA is going to accept.

That's what people need to understand. We won't see anything about a school's investigation until they actually respond. That has to be made public. Anything before that does not.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Yes but it wasn't that quick. What came out a few months ago was ULL's response and self-imposing of infractions statement that went to the NCAA. The first interview happened 12/2013. This is what the NCAA is going to accept.

That's what people need to understand. We won't see anything about a school's investigation until they actually respond. That has to be made public. Anything before that does not.

Gotcha, that makes sense.

Could be interesting to see how serious the NCAA looks at the Wayne County stuff though.

Also, once this is over, does this clear Hud from NCAA stuff?

PendingTransaction
01-08-2016, 09:35 AM
I hear that Hud has already been cleared

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 09:40 AM
Gotcha, that makes sense.

Could be interesting to see how serious the NCAA looks at the Wayne County stuff though.

Also, once this is over, does this clear Hud from NCAA stuff?

Well it's a level 1 offense. ULL is asking for 2 years probation, loss of 11 scholarships over 3 years, terminated Saunders, and bunch of other restrictions. The NCAA I feel like will accept with little or no changes but we will see. Hud has to start back from scratch and win again with no other incidents popping up for a while before he is touchable. I don't think he or Stringer get a show cause but ultimately the NCAA very well could just because he is the HC.

Brahmabull
01-08-2016, 09:43 AM
Could be a sign of things to come up north....

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 09:51 AM
I hear that Hud has already been cleared

Cleared but tainted is his best case scenario. Everybody knew what Saunders was doing.

was21
01-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Tainted for the duration...regardless...just the way it is

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Could be a sign of things to come up north....

Naa, like Tark said, "They are so pissed at Ole Miss, they gonna slap 4 more years on ULL."

Political Hack
01-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Be interesting to see how far they're willing to push the new "head coach is ultimately responsible" angle here. Could be very telling for what could/may/will happen to OM.

HancockCountyDog
01-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Be interesting to see how far they're willing to push the new "head coach is ultimately responsible" angle here. Could be very telling for what could/may/will happen to OM.

Someone remind me, Saunders was with freezus for his first year in oxford and then joined Hud.

I tried to find Saunders on the ULL website, but it has been deleted. lol.

Big4Dawg
01-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Someone remind me, Saunders was with freezus for his first year in oxford and then joined Hud.

Correct. http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/40304/What-s-going-on-at-Ole-Miss-email#.Vo_mX_krKUk

Following the last Cotton Bowl appearance, Coach Houston Nutt was a candidate for the head coaching position at the University of Kansas. During negotiations between Coach Nutt, Chancellor Jones and Pete Boone, it was agreed that David Saunders would be hired and placed on the football staff and a General Studies major would be added to the available academic programs within a short period of time. It took 6 to 8 months for Pete Boone to hire David Saunders. At the time hiring, Pete Boone offered David Saunders a salary 75% below what he typically made for similar work in hopes that David Saunders could not afford to accept the position and so Pete Boone could say he made the job offer as promised. Coach Saunders had previously passed on multiple employment opportunities knowing that Ole Miss was going to offer a position. After the late and low-ball job offer and after having turned down several other offers, Coach Saunders took the job. After one year, Coach Saunders left Ole Miss for another position because Pete Boone did not do the right thing and adjust the salary to a reasonable level. It is widely accepted that Coach Saunders is one of the best in the country at the position for which he was hired at Ole Miss. Thanks to the efforts of Coach Saunders during his short tenure, every recruit signed but one enrolled at Ole Miss eligible to play. As for the General Studies Program, that program is still not in place and Chancellor Jones has recently informed a group that recently met with him that he could not add the program. He stated further that it is the decision of the faculty senate to add the program and that to add the program would require raising $1.5 million to add the physical education major. So why would the Chancellor make a promise to Coach Nutt 2 years ago knowing he could/would not keep the promise? Further, where is all the ESPN money taken from athletics and given to academics? Should not some of this money been spent to add the academic program promised to Coach Nutt?

Big4Dawg
01-08-2016, 11:41 AM

Another one

http://blogs.clarionledger.com/um/2011/08/18/former-coachstaffer-plans-to-sue-ole-miss/?utm_source=MoggyTweet&nclick_check=1

engie
01-08-2016, 11:46 AM

Never with Freeze. Was with Nutt. Left with Hud.

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Never with Freeze. Was with Nutt. Left with Hud.

Well he and Freeze were together for 1 year with Orgeron but they are not going back that far.

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 12:09 PM
WHELP......

Wonder what happened here....

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 53s53 seconds ago
So the NCAA just sent a statement that the UL-Lafayette conference call has been postponed. “No further comment on this case at this time.”

HancockCountyDog
01-08-2016, 12:10 PM
No announcement today, NCAA has postponed the announcement.

Coach34
01-08-2016, 12:13 PM
verrrrrrrrrry interesting

ShotgunDawg
01-08-2016, 12:15 PM
verrrrrrrrrry interesting

Wonder if a certain school was mentioned in this release & that certain school has counter attacked with lawyers

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 12:46 PM
I'm betting the pucker factor up north right now is so bad they could be making diamonds out of charcoal.

Westdawg
01-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Wonder if a certain school was mentioned in this release & that certain school has counter attacked with lawyers

that would be my guess.

gtowndawg
01-08-2016, 01:00 PM

That's EXACTLY what Bracky would do. Wait...

01-08-2016, 01:08 PM
Don't know if I missed something but how do we know this ties in with UM?

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Don't know if I missed something but how do we know this ties in with UM?

The investigation at UNM is what dug up and started the investigation at ULL. It was detailed in the ULL response. The NCAA and UNM lawyers were the ones to request the first interview at ULL and that interview is what led to ULL becoming under investigation. That occurred in Dec 2013

Technetium
01-08-2016, 01:16 PM
The investigation at UNM is what dug up and started the investigation at ULL.

Is this accurate? I was under the impression it was the reverse, that the ULL investigation dug up the TSUN ties. Can anyone else confirm this timeline one way or the other?

defiantdog
01-08-2016, 01:17 PM
That's EXACTLY what Bracky would do. Wait...

You act as if Bracky is the say all be all for our school. I understand he has his faults being in charge of State's compliance department, but he only acts on what Keenum instructs him to act on. OM's infractions never make it to their compliance department for them to turn in to the NCAA. I don't know much on Vitter, but I'm pretty sure he's going to keep an eye on Bjork's involvement in the future. We don't need Bracky ignoring NCAA sanctions for fear of an LOIC decision by the NCAA. If you're going to blame anyone, blame Keenum and Strick for their involvement.

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 01:22 PM
Is this accurate? I was under the impression it was the reverse, that the ULL investigation dug up the TSUN ties. Can anyone else confirm this timeline one way or the other?

Google the ULL response to the NCAA. I am being accurate. They were not under investigation until UNM lawyers and the NCAA requested the interview of Saunders and a former UNM player that had transferred to ULL. UNM's investigation is what launched the ULL's investigation. Not the other way around.

Here you go

http://www.ragincajuns.com/documents/2015/10/11//NCAA_Response_2015.pdf?id=815

defiantdog
01-08-2016, 01:23 PM
The decision has been delayed

gtowndawg
01-08-2016, 01:43 PM
You act as if Bracky is the say all be all for our school. I understand he has his faults being in charge of State's compliance department, but he only acts on what Keenum instructs him to act on. OM's infractions never make it to their compliance department for them to turn in to the NCAA. I don't know much on Vitter, but I'm pretty sure he's going to keep an eye on Bjork's involvement in the future. We don't need Bracky ignoring NCAA sanctions for fear of an LOIC decision by the NCAA. If you're going to blame anyone, blame Keenum and Strick for their involvement.

I was referring to the fact that Bracky is the only non-lawyer in compliance in the SEC, thus unable to think in terms of legal response(s). I understand what you are saying though.

Technetium
01-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Google the ULL response to the NCAA. I am being accurate. They were not under investigation until UNM lawyers and the NCAA requested the interview of Saunders and a former UNM player that had transferred to ULL. UNM's investigation is what launched the ULL's investigation. Not the other way around.

Here you go

http://www.ragincajuns.com/documents/2015/10/11//NCAA_Response_2015.pdf?id=815

Got it. Thanks for the link!

defiantdog
01-08-2016, 01:58 PM
I was referring to the fact that Bracky is the only non-lawyer in compliance in the SEC, thus unable to think in terms of legal response(s). I understand what you are saying though.

Yeah, but don't tell him that. He's quick to respond how educators serve the same role as people with law backgrounds in the compliance department.

mparkerfd20
01-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Yeah, but don't tell him that. He's quick to respond how educators serve the same role as people with law backgrounds in the compliance department.

And he'd still be dead wrong.

gtowndawg
01-08-2016, 02:15 PM

As the wise prophet Sidney Deane once said, "You can put a cat in the oven but that don't make it a biscuit."

notsofarawaydawg
01-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Freezus called for a prayer meeting this morning of all his followers. They prayed for no more major discoveries and the Lord has delivered to his disciple a delay in the announcement. ****

Swami Dawg
01-08-2016, 02:23 PM
My first ED post! Yay to me. Long time I have been reading ED and now just able to make an account to post. Hi from India!

Contrary to the popular beliefs that Bracky is out for bad to MSU, it is for being opposite. He is doing his job as told to do by his boss. If to place blame on any situation that is where it should be done. For perhaps it is being a particular reason MSU is only school not having a lawyer in position. Perhaps bosses higher up are not wanting to give up the controls to someone else. So please be leaving Bracky alone. He is most likely bigger MSU supporter than most on here even though it sometimes appears opposites.

I am finding it very interesting for the announcement to being delayed. Why for this to happen morning of is being very peculiar. Only reason for this to be happening is new information coming out. Could be more about improper actions or about schools being more involved than originally thought. Or perhaps including another school in announcement and making joint announcement. Will have to wait and see if "It is Coming" for it a short time more.

Your Maroon Brother,
Swami Dawg

https://i.imgflip.com/x1j2p.jpg

missouridawg
01-08-2016, 02:25 PM
My first ED post! Yay to me. Long time I have been reading ED and now just able to make an account to post. Hi from India!

Contrary to the popular beliefs that Bracky is out for bad to MSU, it is for being opposite. He is doing his job as told to do by his boss. If to place blame on any situation that is where it should be done. For perhaps it is being a particular reason MSU is only school not having a lawyer in position. Perhaps bosses higher up are not wanting to give up the controls to someone else. So please be leaving Bracky alone. He is most likely bigger MSU supporter than most on here even though it sometimes appears opposites.

I am finding it very interesting for the announcement to being delayed. Why for this to happen morning of is being very peculiar. Only reason for this to be happening is new information coming out. Could be more about improper actions or about schools being more involved than originally thought. Or perhaps including another school in announcement and making joint announcement. Will have to wait and see if "It is Coming" for it a short time more.

Your Maroon Brother,
Swami Dawg

The Curry has spoken.

confucius say
01-08-2016, 02:28 PM
What the hell just happened

Eta: I have a new favorite poster.

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2016, 02:32 PM

If Swami is a troll, at least he took the time to create a persona. That some gold it might be.

gtowndawg
01-08-2016, 02:34 PM

Your Maroon Brother,
Swami Dawg

Ha ha. I love it. I bet Bracky is all Dog, I have no doubts about that. If it makes you feel better I know I would suck at his job.

Tell Punjab I said what's up.

MannyDiazzzzNuts
01-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Damn, Swami. I'm in the market for a new username and I don't know how I didn't think of this first.

starkvegasdawg
01-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Swami,

My computer is taking too long to boot up and keeps crashing...

Mjoelner34
01-08-2016, 02:59 PM

Your Maroon Brother,
Swami Dawg

There you are! Bandit and I have been missing you! I'll let Race know that you're ok.
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/jqdb/images/9/97/233px-Jonny.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091229234924

Swami Dawg
01-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Confucius I am of being very honored to be you favorite poster. I did not think it possible from only one posting to be making friends this fast. Thanks to you.

If Swami is a troll, at least he took the time to create a persona. That some gold it might be.
Hi Brunswick,

Nice to be meeting you. I am definitely not for to being a troll. I am for to being sorry if my English not the same I am still learning American version. I do know to say Y'all and not it being say "you guys".

Ha ha. I love it. I bet Bracky is all Dog, I have no doubts about that. If it makes you feel better I know I would suck at his job.

Tell Punjab I said what's up.

Hi gtown,

Which Punjab is it you refer to? I have 4 Cousin named Punjab?

No, No, I do not but I am making joke. I get it that you are for to be making joke to me :) Nice to meet you.

Damn, Swami. I'm in the market for a new username and I don't know how I didn't think of this first.

I am not knowing why you didn't think of it. Swami is being a common name here. I agree that you would be needing to look for a new name. I would not want my name to be name of another mans genitals. :)

defiantdog
01-08-2016, 03:05 PM

Your Maroon Brother,
Swami Dawg

Your use of articles, prepositions and pronouns reminded me of when I cancelled my Sirius XM subscription over the phone. Nice work.

Coach34
01-08-2016, 03:11 PM
I'm gonna put Swami in control of the complaint department

confucius say
01-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Your use of articles, prepositions and pronouns reminded me of when I cancelled my Sirius XM subscription over the phone. Nice work.

I was just about to make a direct tv joke

Thedaythehumpstoodstill
01-08-2016, 03:23 PM
My first post won't be as awesome as Ghandis, but I'll do my best. I've lurked for quite some time, and I like the no BS that this message board provides. We don't have to deal with the obnoxiousness that clowns like Rebelbruiser brings to SPS. Anyway, this all has to come to a head with UM. Coach34 and everyone with a brain has been saying this for months. The cats out of the bag. Everyone knows there's something that isn't right going on in Northern MS and if the NCAA has the balls to bring a power 5 team to its knees....the time is now. Why wait?

MadDawg
01-08-2016, 03:26 PM
https://images.rapgenius.com/35e9dff63d7374a499d13f7682fb43a1.320x240x46.gif

Tripp McNeely
01-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Swami,

^^^^THat's Gold Jerry! Gold!

Swami Dawg
01-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Swami,

Step 1.
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ttVEZBBRzZk/U05yPfuAB2I/AAAAAAABDSo/sW1CagUurbY/w506-h284/ecFEaui.gif

Step 2.
You need to be buying a new computer.

We are no having Sirius XM here. We were having worldspace satellite radio but it closed down. Again I am still learning the American English. Most people here are speaking like tech support and I am doing too.

I'm gonna put Swami in control of the complaint department

I would be in great honor to being of any help I can provides. If you are being in need of help with complaints I am for to being up to task.

https://images.rapgenius.com/35e9dff63d7374a499d13f7682fb43a1.320x240x46.gif

I am too loving Mr. Don Knotts on Three is a Company. This picture being made me laugh very much.

Mjoelner34
01-08-2016, 03:48 PM
I have a new favorite poster.

I am in agreement with Confucius. The first 3 posts were solid with each being better than the one before.

BossDawg
01-08-2016, 04:29 PM

Your Maroon Brother,
Swami Dawg

Swami Dawg = epic epicness! Welcome to the board. May the curry be with you, my friend!