PDA

View Full Version : Eddie O

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Football scoop just said on Twitter Dan Mullen is "all in" on hiring Ed O to be the DC, and won't offer it to anyone else until he says no. No this is not a joke.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Haha

Sources tell FootballScoop Dan Mullen is ?all in? on Ed Orgeron for his defensive coordinator position Footballscoop.com/the-scoop

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 03:59 PM
I would post the link but I don't know how on mobile. Logan Lowry just retweeted it so go to his page.

MSUDawg99
01-07-2016, 04:01 PM
https://twitter.com/MattMoscona/status/685203237448777730

Here's the link. But it's football scoop so I'm not sure whether I believe it yet or not.

Big4Dawg
Matt Moscona ‏@MattMoscona
I'm hearing Dan Mullen making a strong push for #LSU's Ed Orgeron as his defensive coordinator. Les Miles may have another SEC West fight.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Mississippi State: Sources tell FootballScoop that there are other candidates; but Dan Mullen will not offer the defensive coordinator position to anyone else until Ed Orgeron tells him no.

It_Could_Happen
Cadaver merge my thread didn't mean to double up there. Paging Preacher.

BossDawg
01-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Isn't footballscoop that site operated by a couple of UMiss guys?

engie
01-07-2016, 04:03 PM
Y'all are gonna learn about arguing with preacher when he says seemingly outlandish things... haha

Think it's a mistake to give him defensive playcalling, but what do I know

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Cadaver merge my thread didn't mean to double up there. Paging Preacher.

No worries, you posted it first...my bad.

Lol at your preachermatt comment. He is going to be fired up if it's true

yjnkdawg
01-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Football scoop just said on Twitter Dan Mullen is "all in" on hiring Ed O to be the DC, and won't offer it to anyone else until he says no. No this is not a joke.

Football Scoop wants to stir our fanbase up, have negative publicity for us, or get hits on their site. They are 100% OM.

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Preacher Matt must be asleep if he hasn't commented by now.

MSUMatt
01-07-2016, 04:08 PM
Y'all are gonna learn about arguing with preacher when he says seemingly outlandish things... haha

You are also letting him coach LBs or Turner is leaving.

BossDawg
Football Scoop wants to stir our fanbase up, have negative publicity for us, or get hits on their site. They are 100% OM.

That's what I was thinking. I wouldn't consider that site a credible source simply because of who created it.

CadaverDawg
Preachermatt right now....

http://thefw.com/files/2013/05/DealWithIt.gif

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Think he would coach LB's. I also think this is a sign Mullen is willing to give up the defensive play calling because I don't think O would come otherwise.

Big4Dawg
01-07-2016, 04:09 PM

I think this actually is more. Matt Moscona reported it before Football Scoop.

Dawg496
01-07-2016, 04:11 PM
So Turner gone too or is someone making the switch to LBs?

Who is the stronger DL coach - O or Turner?

Maybe we can hire another ace recruiter at the LB spot.

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 04:12 PM
was O DC at USC?

K9 Avenger
01-07-2016, 04:12 PM
I think this actually is more. Matt Moscona reported it before Football Scoop.

I think this is probably where Football Scoop got their "scoop"...

Coach34
01-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Hiring O would make zero sense? WTF is going to coach LB'ers?

Would be be shocking and hard to believe Talks fell thru with Allen over a non compete with OM

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 04:16 PM

Would be be shocking and hard to believe Talks fell thru with Allen over a non compete with OM

Why would Baton Rogue radio put it out about one of their own coaches if there was nothing to it?

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Turner coached LBs at Virginia for 4 seasons

A native of Goldston, N.C., Turner also has worked in the Big Ten Conference at Minnesota (2001), where he worked with the defensive ends, and in the Atlantic Coast Conference at Virginia (1997-2000), where he coached defensive tackles and linebackers. He also was co-special teams coordinator in his final season. The Cavaliers played in the Peach Bowl, Micronpc.com Bowl and the Oahu Classic during his term there.

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 04:18 PM
Turner coached LBs at Virginia for 4 seasons

A native of Goldston, N.C., Turner also has worked in the Big Ten Conference at Minnesota (2001), where he worked with the defensive ends, and in the Atlantic Coast Conference at Virginia (1997-2000), where he coached defensive tackles and linebackers. He also was co-special teams coordinator in his final season. The Cavaliers played in the Peach Bowl, Micronpc.com Bowl and the Oahu Classic during his term there.

I like keeping turner. Slide him to LB's and have Ed O on the DL. Damn good defensive staff.

Op4isabitch
01-07-2016, 04:19 PM
So who is going to be the Co-DC? You know there'll have to be one if O is the guy.

Big4Dawg
01-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Lance Thompson as Co-DC :cool:

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 04:20 PM
As wild as this thing is getting I could see us knowing something tonight or tomorrow. Just read Miles trying to talk Ed into staying.

pdawg10msu
01-07-2016, 04:21 PM
I have no source or anything, just based on what I have been reading, I feel that's who it's gonna be. Not sure if I like it or not. Haven't decided yet.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 04:22 PM

I am not envisioning a full year of slamming my cowbell into the ground because we can't stop a basic off-tackle running play that the other team runs 10 times in a row

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 04:24 PM
Michael Bonner ‏@MikeBBonner 1m1 minute ago
In regards to Ed Orgeron, source tells me, he has not been interviewed at MSU yet, nor has he been offered the job.

Maroon_and_white
01-07-2016, 04:25 PM
I would absolutely be beside myself with joy if Coach O joined our staff in any capacity. What a A+ hire if true and I would not understand how anyone could not like this hire. He is an ELITE recruiter and that is what we desperately need. I'm not holding my breathe, but please happen.

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Someone who knows what is going on please update us.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 04:27 PM

I'm with you on the play calling. Maybe there is a plan in place that makes sense once it falls together. If he is the man I hope he is finally ready.

ETA. Sorry didn't mean to quote you

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Coach O is in negotiations with Miles to get a contract extension and most likely a raise to $550,000 a year. We'd have to offer with a guaranteed 3 year contract at $1 million per year.

Statefan
01-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Dang it did footballscoop troll us yet again??

I am also on the fence about his playcalling -- BUT the guy has so much experience coaching and even being a HC and successful interim HC that he can't be terrible

Coach34
01-07-2016, 04:29 PM
In regards to Ed Orgeron, source tells me, he has not been interviewed at MSU yet, nor has he been offered the job.

And there you go- thanks Bonner

Jack Lambert
01-07-2016, 04:31 PM
I would absolutely be beside myself with joy if Coach O joined our staff in any capacity. What a A+ hire if true and I would not understand how anyone could not like this hire. He is an ELITE recruiter and that is what we desperately need. I'm not holding my breathe, but please happen.

He has come a long ways since being at Ole Miss. The guy has been a HC twice and did one hell of a job at USC as the HC. He has the smarts to coach Defense.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 04:31 PM

Fine with everything you said, but he has never ever been tabbed to call plays. That is the absolute main function of a DC. Recruiting is secondary. By a large margin.

Jack Lambert
01-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Coach O is in negotiations with Miles to get a contract extension and most likely a raise to $550,000 a year. We'd have to offer with a guaranteed 3 year contract at $1 million per year.

I think as of a thin ice Miles is standing on and the financial situation at LSU in General there is only so much Miles can get. As and DC at state Mullen is on firm ice and get the money he needs.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Bonner just said his sources say Mullen hasn't even spoken to Orgeron.

Don't be surprised if O's agent sees this as a last chance to get O a raise before we hire Allen...

MaxedOutMaroon
01-07-2016, 04:33 PM
If you want another one and done DC, you will hire O the coach. He's constantly looking for HC jobs and USC DC job

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2016, 04:34 PM
QUIT READING FOOTBALL SCOOP....

BSME04
01-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Saw on Twitter where Devin White is supposed to announce his commitment soon. Currently projected to pick LSU over ole miss. Surely football scoop isn't throwing out misinformation to sway crootin...

Coach34
01-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Orgeron would be a shitty hire. Has never been a DC. Doesn't fit with Mullen's personality. It's just not a fit and something that would be shocking

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 04:36 PM
I think as of a thin ice Miles is standing on and the financial situation at LSU in General there is only so much Miles can get. As and DC at state Mullen is on firm ice and get the money he needs.

The $550,000 contract extension is waiting on Coach O to sign. I don't think O even wants to be a coordinator..... I think he either wants to be the head guy or a position coach.

mic
01-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Here is a scoop.....
**** football scoop and **** Michael Bonner while we are at it..
Our athletic dept should tell Bonner bullshit info all the time... No matter if truth or not..

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 04:39 PM
Football scope trolling trying to take away from the great hire of TBuck!! They will do anything to disrupt us! I'm only partially kidding.

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 04:40 PM
Dang it did footballscoop troll us yet again??

I am also on the fence about his playcalling -- BUT the guy has so much experience coaching and even being a HC and successful interim HC that he can't be terrible

Yeah, Ed is a straight up 4-3 coach. He's been around Miami, USC, talent, except at Ole Miss. And that straight 4-3 didn't do so hot with Ole Miss talent. He ain't my 1st choice to run the D. Coach DL and recruit? Sure... Just wouldn't be comfortable with him as DC based on past experience. Mighten he change? I guess anything is possible, but I doubt it.

Also, to think that a guy that has been in coaching, especially on one side of the ball as long as he has, couldn't coach LB's is laughable. He can coach any position on D. Just is best at DL. If he can't, he sucks as a coach.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2016, 04:41 PM
Didn't O turn down the LSU DC position? If he did do that, then I can't see why he would accept ours unless he thinks Miles may not be at LSU after next year?

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Didn't O turn down the LSU DC position? If he did do that, then I can't see why he would accept ours unless he thinks Miles may not be at LSU after next year?

He's about to get a pay raise and he's the primary recruiter on the majority of LSU's commits. He's not going to leave LSU.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 04:44 PM
LSUSportsNews ‏@LSU_Sports_News 1m1 minute ago
(Times Pic) LSU's Ed Orgeron unlikely to leave for Mississippi State, sources say http://*******/1OS8OOk #LSU

This entire 20 minute episode feels completely fabricated by someone wanting to gain leverage

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Looks like a bunch of noise that means nothing.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Could have been thrown out to get Allen off his ass about signing that no-compete

engie
01-07-2016, 04:48 PM
You are also letting him coach LBs or Turner is leaving.

Trust me I've beaten the topic to death...

PendingTransaction
01-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Orgeron would be a shitty hire. Has never been a DC. Doesn't fit with Mullen's personality. It's just not a fit and something that would be shocking

I totally agree with this. Just don't see the fit. Whether warranted or not, Mullen has developed a reputation of not being the guy that a independent-thinking DC should work for given similar opportunity elsewhere. I think a young up-and-coming fits better. Or a burned out guy who has lost the fire and desire to move up.

deltadawg99
01-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Is the non compete the holdup on Allen?

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Could have been thrown out to get Allen off his ass about signing that no-compete

Interesting theory....

Wonder if our PR guy, that used to be at LSU, Bill Martin just used the Moscona guy as a pawn

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Could be. Unfortunately what ticks me off is it comes out the day we hire a great safety coach and it being know that we have strong interest in Allen. To certain part of even our own fan base hiring anyone but O is a let down. And our rivals, who happen to have a connection to these rumor mills, can also use the "we couldn't get O for two straight years and ended up with one of our guys". I'm probably over reacting but it really rubs me raw how this come about and the timing.

Big4Dawg
01-07-2016, 04:54 PM
If him and Freeze aren't friends, why does he care about a non-compete?

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 04:55 PM
Could be. Unfortunately what ticks me off is it comes out the day we hire a great safety coach and it being know that we have strong interest in Allen. To certain part of even our own fan base hiring anyone but O is a let down. And our rivals, who happen to have a connection to these rumor mills, can also use the "we couldn't get O for two straight years and ended up with one of our guys". I'm probably over reacting but it really rubs me raw how this come about and the timing.

You are

confucius say
01-07-2016, 04:55 PM
We hire Allen and then it looks like we had to "settle" for our second choice bc we couldn't get O. That's the agenda of football scoop here. #footballconspiracies

FISHDAWG
01-07-2016, 04:56 PM

maybe we can get him to predict 11 & 1 again

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Whelp, Tucker is off the board

Bruce FeldmanVerified account
‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
#Alabama DB coach Mel Tucker is set to become the new DC on Kirby Smart's staff at #Georgia, source told

BossDawg
01-07-2016, 04:57 PM
I would be on the fence about O. I'd be ecstatic about recruiting but iffy about his management skills. Either way, for the love of God, STOP READING AND BELIEVING FOOTBALLSCOOP!....PLEASE! All they do is "scoop" garbage about MSU and troll the fans because they are obsessed UMiss guys.

The more I read about Allen the more I want him anyway.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 04:57 PM
You are

:mad: :cool:

It's my conspiracy side coming out to play

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 05:01 PM
:mad: :cool:

It's my conspiracy side coming out to play

Haha, I think Allen has already been hired...just not released yet.

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 05:03 PM

‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
#Alabama DB coach Mel Tucker is set to become the new DC on Kirby Smart's staff at #Georgia, source told

I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to go back to the NFL at this point.

FISHDAWG
01-07-2016, 05:04 PM
The $550,000 contract extension is waiting on Coach O to sign. I don't think O even wants to be a coordinator..... I think he either wants to be the head guy or a position coach.

yeah - but I doubt they will guarantee 3 years ..... they changed their minds and only guaranteed Miles another year IMO ... I believe they are looking for an excuse to can the whole staff if they don't win the conference next year

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Haha, I think Allen has already been hired...just not released yet.

Probably so. Or in the middle of negotiations, ironing out the details. And for all we know all this came from O's agent trying squeeze an extra $50,000 out. A lot of smoke that last year they kept us in holding pattern trying to get money from LSU.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2016, 05:09 PM
This is what LSU confirmed.

http://blogs.theadvocate.com/tigertracks/mississippi-state-pursuing-lsus-ed-orgeron-while-orgeron-and-lsu-discuss-a-new-deal-sources-confirm/

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 05:09 PM
yeah - but I doubt they will guarantee 3 years ..... they changed their minds and only guaranteed Miles another year IMO ... I believe they are looking for an excuse to can the whole staff if they don't win the conference next year

They did just give Raymond a 2 year extension and bump in salary and are working in an extension for Cameron. Don't know how many years though.

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 05:10 PM

Probably so. Or in the middle of negotiations, ironing out the details. And for all we know all this came from O's agent trying squeeze an extra $50,000 out. A lot of smoke that last year they kept us in holding pattern trying to get money from LSU.

Coach O is ironing out a deal to get $550,000 plus up to 100k in incentives.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 05:11 PM
http://blogs.theadvocate.com/tigertracks/mississippi-state-pursuing-lsus-ed-orgeron-while-orgeron-and-lsu-discuss-a-new-deal-sources-confirm/

That article I think was first written and sent out about 6 hours ago according to the Google timeline.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Coach O is ironing out a deal to get $550,000 plus up to 100k in incentives.

Oh I know. Just an arbitrary number I threw out. Maybe they want $600,000. Ha

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 05:16 PM
And for those who don't think they keep up with what our fanbase think. From the Scoop:

The Advocate & NOLA are now confirming Miss State’s interest in O…but State fan thinks we made this up. Good job. Good effort. The passion in SEC fan bases is fantastic. Sometimes misguided but fantastic nonetheless.

Oh and good job Cadaver

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 05:19 PM
I'd only want O and a D-line coach and recruiting coordinator. But David Turner is still here- and we're not going to force Turner out nor should we.

bobcat91
01-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Allen has been on campus all day interviewing, but we offered the job to O? Just his agent trying to make him some money.

preachermatt83
01-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Scoop is nowhere near the first to report this. Oh and... OGRE!!! Lol.

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 05:21 PM
I think it would be tough for him to turn down 900K unless he is dead set on not being a DC.

preachermatt83
01-07-2016, 05:23 PM
I think it would be tough for him to turn down 900K unless he is dead set on not being a DC.

Also he knows he is on a lame duck staff.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Allen has been on campus all day interviewing, but we offered the job to O? Just his agent trying to make him some money.

Exactly

preachermatt83
01-07-2016, 05:29 PM
��

msstate7
01-07-2016, 05:30 PM
I'd only want O and a D-line coach and recruiting coordinator. But David Turner is still here- and we're not going to force Turner out nor should we.

Allen -- lb's co-DC
Ed o -- dline co-DC

I wish

Coach34
01-07-2016, 05:32 PM
Miles is no lame duck- don't be fooled. Will be his best team since 2011

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Allen -- lb's co-DC
Ed o -- dline co-DC

I wish

I could definitely roll with that.

RougeDawg
01-07-2016, 05:33 PM

You honestly don't believe our defenses under Mullen have not all ultimately run through his final decision? Nothing really changes under each DC he has had except some gimmick slogan from "Juice" to "hawk tackling". Dan had his hand in the defense. The DC is mainly the figurehead.

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Paging if you only knew.

Maroon_and_white
01-07-2016, 05:45 PM
You honestly don't believe our defenses under Mullen have not all ultimately run through his final decision? Nothing really changes under each DC he has had except some gimmick slogan from "Juice" to "hawk tackling". Dan had his hand in the defense. The DC is mainly the figurehead.

It was "strain" this past year

GreenheadDawg
01-07-2016, 05:47 PM

They believe it's NC or bust this year. The problem is they still don't have a QB but they have talent out the ying yang in 2016

Maroon_and_white
01-07-2016, 05:50 PM

Probably so, but Miles will find a way to go 10-2 again

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 05:50 PM
This is my opinion and feel free to disagree with me, but if he was a head coach and won games at USC, I think he can call the defense.

engie
01-07-2016, 05:51 PM

Read what you quoted. We might run Mullen's base defense -- but he's not calling the plays nor making the adjustments. There is art to defensive playcalling just like offensive playcalling. A DC at MSU is not even remotely a "figurehead".

preachermatt83
01-07-2016, 05:51 PM
SMH!

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-07-2016, 05:56 PM
If Mullen calls the plays on D and supposedly force the DC to run the same scheme then what does it matter who the DC is ? If the guy is going to be a puppet, I would at least like to have a puppet that can recruit elite players.

Statefan
01-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Ross Dellenger Verified account

‏@RossDellenger
Updated: State's potential deal w/Orgeron worth $900K a year to be DC.

(again, #LSU & him discussing new contract) http://*******/1n6BAVn

Bothrops
01-07-2016, 06:03 PM
If this is true, it's gonna cost a hell of a lot of money. I'm not sure I believe it.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 06:05 PM
If Mullen is calling the defensive plays or is running the defense as well as all of his other duties, like some are alluding to, then he might very well be the best coach in the game today. He should be making $6-7 MIL per year at least and we should be thankful he is still here. Do some of you honestly believe he is doing that? When was the last coach that did that in college football? Who does that in high school? I'm sure y'all have to kidding about him actually calling the defense. Nobody really believes that I know. I know several believe he completely oversees the defense, but actual play calling as well?

PassInterference
01-07-2016, 06:07 PM

I love how beat writers respond to message boards.

gtowndawg
01-07-2016, 06:12 PM
Ross Dellenger Verified account

‏@RossDellenger
Updated: State's potential deal w/Orgeron worth $900K a year to be DC.

(again, #LSU & him discussing new contract) http://*******/1n6BAVn

Throw in a Hummer and seal the deal!

BossDawg
01-07-2016, 06:17 PM
Oh and... OGRE!!! Lol.

The WILD BOYS!!!1!! **rips shirt off, throws a chair**

Coursesuper
01-07-2016, 06:17 PM
V
If Mullen is calling the defensive plays or is running the defense as well as all of his other duties, like some are alluding to, then he might very well be the best coach in the game today. He should be making $6-7 MIL per year at least and we should be thankful he is still here. Do some of you honestly believe he is doing that? When was the last coach that did that in college football? Who does that in high school? I'm sure y'all have to kidding about him actually calling the defense. Nobody really believes that I know. I know several believe he completely oversees the defense, but actual play calling as well?

I don't know if anyone is saying that, but it's a fact that we have been in the same scheme since Mullen arrived. We have mixed in a few blitzes but it's still the same base and it might not always fit our personnel. It feels like a square peg in a round hole. But by damn this is how it's going to be.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 06:21 PM
V

I don't know if anyone is saying that, but it's a fact that we have been in the same scheme since Mullen arrived. We have mixed in a few blitzes but it's still the same base and it might not always fit our personnel. It feels like a square peg in a round hole. But by damn this is how it's going to be.

It's was said just a few posts above. I think they were being sarcastic and how indepth they think he runs the defense, I don't know. The defense our first year with Torbush was not like what Diaz set up when he came. That's the defense we have been running.

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 06:23 PM

Mullen is not calling the plays on defense during games. I don't think any reasonable person believes that.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 06:26 PM
I still think it's Tom Allen.

Coursesuper
01-07-2016, 06:30 PM
Mullen is not calling the plays on defense during games. I don't think any reasonable person believes that.

Reasonable, that gets kinda tough around here at times. I think that many don't know a football from a large piece of fecal matter.

msstate7
01-07-2016, 06:33 PM

As much as I like the thought of Ed o recruiting, I still want Allen

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 06:34 PM

I agree with you.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 06:37 PM
As much as I like the thought of Ed o recruiting, I still want Allen

Here's a crazy thought- Allen replaces Manny, Coach O replaces Sleepy?

Maybe Dan told Scott we have to do something to up our recruiting and maybe we'll overpay for Coach O to 'cruit.

Probably not but this Coach O stuff seems kind of random.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-07-2016, 06:39 PM
Don't seem random to me. We were all excited about Buckley earlier. Seems planted to me

Liverpooldawg
01-07-2016, 06:52 PM

THIS. That site is UM mouthpiece

RougeDawg
01-07-2016, 06:55 PM

Nobody said he was, but even Ray Charles can see that Dan has has his hand in every defense he's had and butted heads with his last DC's. That's no secret to those who haven't had their head in the sand or been living under a rock. Dan is too much of a control freak to allow his DC's to be the SC's. Our defense has hardly changed since Manny's first rodeo, So why does it matter who is our figure head DC as long as our recruiting is improved? The only changes our defenses have had from coordinator to coordinator has been the yearly "hype" or "phrase", i.e. Juice, hawk tackling, etc.

HoopsDawg
01-07-2016, 07:00 PM

You don't want your D-coordinator to be your D-line coach. The D-line coach is too important of a job. We did that with Chris Wilson and it was a failure. You typically want your D-coordinator to be your LB coach. O can coach LB's. To me, there is no downside in hiring Coach O. He will challenge Mullen, he's a great recruiter, and we will play aggressive on D.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 07:08 PM
You don't want your D-coordinator to be your D-line coach. The D-line coach is too important of a job. We did that with Chris Wilson and it was a failure. You typically want your D-coordinator to be your LB coach. O can coach LB's. To me, there is no downside in hiring Coach O. He will challenge Mullen, he's a great recruiter, and we will play aggressive on D.

It's not so much about the position they coach as a DC than its a smaller percentage DL coaches that become DC. Most DC come from the LB or Safety position group. So it's natural for them to stay with those groups. That's why you don't see them coaching the line as much. Or they don't coach a position at all. Some of the best have been from the safety position but obviously there are just as good from the LB group.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Nobody said he was, but even Ray Charles can see that Dan has has his hand in every defense he's had and butted heads with his last DC's. That's no secret to those who haven't had their head in the sand or been living under a rock. Dan is too much of a control freak to allow his DC's to be the SC's. Our defense has hardly changed since Manny's first rodeo, So why does it matter who is our figure head DC as long as our recruiting is improved? The only changes our defenses have had from coordinator to coordinator has been the yearly "hype" or "phrase", i.e. Juice, hawk tackling, etc.

Because a figurehead of a DC can't call a game or game plan.

Dawgtini
01-07-2016, 07:41 PM
Matt Wyatt just tweeted:
Impeccable source:

Orgeron is ?way down? Mullen?s list for DC at #HailState

mparkerfd20
01-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Throw in a Hummer and seal the deal!

Preachermat volunteers.

Sacrifice
01-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Matt Wyatt just tweeted:
Impeccable source:

Orgeron is ?way down? Mullen?s list for DC at #HailState

At this point, I'm starting to get the feeling Dans going to hire somebody we've haven't talked about.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2016, 07:59 PM
I still think it's Tom Allen..

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2016, 08:01 PM

Heard on H2H that the heard offer was 900K…pure BS

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2016, 08:02 PM
At this point, I'm starting to get the feeling Dans going to hire somebody we've haven't talked about.

taking the safe and most likely road I see?ha me as well.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2016, 08:12 PM
This whole thing on Mullen was going to make Coach O turn him down before he would consider anybody else was orchestrated by Football Scoops. Everybody else picked it up from that one OM run site and ran with it. All those who said this, used Football Scoops as their source. I guess some actually think that Football Scoops is a legitimate source and knows all?

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 08:15 PM
I have to admit, Steve is on them pretty hard about this "story":

So the deal is to start an unfounded rumor, then claim a guy must not want the job when the rumor is proven false. #NewDayInMedia

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 08:20 PM

Actually, I don't want O as our DC. That's why I said in the OP I only want him as the d-line coach and recruiting coordinator. I want Tom Allen to be the DC at this point.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 08:21 PM
I have to admit, Steve is on them pretty hard about this "story":

So the deal is to start an unfounded rumor, then claim a guy must not want the job when the rumor is proven false. #NewDayInMedia

Knowing him, he is probably pissed that he didn't "scoop" everyone. That's usually when he is the most pissy.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Knowing him, he is probably pissed that he didn't "scoop" everyone. That's usually when he is the most pissy.

Ha. True. But I don't disagree with what he is saying. Especially with that bunch of cur-dogs.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Don't seem random to me. We were all excited about Buckley earlier. Seems planted to me

Thank Football Scoops for stirring up our fan base again and others who picked up on their so-called breaking news and ran with it. I think people will find that any who said this used Football Scoops as their only source of information.

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 08:40 PM
Thank Football Scoops for stirring up our fan base again and others who picked up on their so-called breaking news and ran with it. I think people will find that any who said this used Football Scoops as their only source of information.

There are people on this board with better sources than FootballScoop.com

confucius say
01-07-2016, 08:51 PM
There are people on this board with better sources than FootballScoop.com

At least 10. Like I said earlier in this thread, it seemed apparent Allen was the guy, scoop drops this story, and then when it's Allen "state couldn't get their guy"

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 08:54 PM

‏@BruceFeldmanCFB

Tucker was never 'on the board."

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 08:55 PM
As long as our fans continue to take the words of random idiots to heart, the random idiots will continue to feed shit.

I laughed when I first saw Orgerons name, bc it Never made sense. Start thinking for yourselves guys...Why would we hire a DL coach as our DC when we have turner? And do u really think we would overpay O by 400k to coach two positions he hasn't coached before? All of this after we just hired Buckley...so you know it's got to be a DC/LB coach.

Come on guys...we're our own worst enemy. I thought we all started talking about this shit to make fun of FootballScoop and to call them out...now all the sudden a couple of other random LSU beat writers throw out bogus figures that you know we wouldn't pay, & you believe it?! Over guys like Wyatt? Come on...we have to quit taking this type of troll bait as a fan base. It makes us all look like idiots.

And I wish someone could tell the Genespagers this...bc the majority of the Twitter meltdown that believed FootballScoop was a bunch of Genespagers that I could go on Twitter with a new handle tonight & tweet that Mullen was leaving to coach Track & Field and they'd believe it.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 08:57 PM
At least 10. Like I said earlier in this thread, it seemed apparent Allen was the guy, scoop drops this story, and then when it's Allen "state couldn't get their guy"

Only bc our dipshit portion of the fan base chooses to believe it. If people would laugh & make fun of FootballScoop, it would go away. But instead, we have people buy it and freak the **** out

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 09:35 PM
As long as our fans continue to take the words of random idiots to heart, the random idiots will continue to feed shit.

I laughed when I first saw Orgerons name, bc it Never made sense. Start thinking for yourselves guys...Why would we hire a DL coach as our DC when we have turner? And do u really think we would overpay O by 400k to coach two positions he hasn't coached before? All of this after we just hired Buckley...so you know it's got to be a DC/LB coach.

Come on guys...we're our own worst enemy. I thought we all started talking about this shit to make fun of FootballScoop and to call them out...now all the sudden a couple of other random LSU beat writers throw out bogus figures that you know we wouldn't pay, & you believe it?! Over guys like Wyatt? Come on...we have to quit taking this type of troll bait as a fan base. It makes us all look like idiots.

And I wish someone could tell the Genespagers this...bc the majority of the Twitter meltdown that believed FootballScoop was a bunch of Genespagers that I could go on Twitter with a new handle tonight & tweet that Mullen was leaving to coach Track & Field and they'd believe it.

That's why I said it seemed so random. The only way it would ever make sense is if Turner was leaving. Lance Thompson is the DL coach at South Carolina now, so that rumored destination is out the window. The ONLY way I could see this even being plausible is if Turner was leaving to be the DC at Jackson State. And personally, I don't think that would happen either since JSU hired Dwayne Curry to coach the d-line.

And the other thing to remember here is Ole Miss fans want Tom Allen back at some point. Trying to make a mess of things among our fanbase is something that is in their favor, not ours.

Noxdog
01-07-2016, 10:06 PM

At some point in time our fanbase has to start acted like we have been there.

If EO is DC, color me shocked, Sorry preach.

mcain31
01-07-2016, 11:10 PM
That's why I said it seemed so random. The only way it would ever make sense is if Turner was leaving. Lance Thompson is the DL coach at South Carolina now, so that rumored destination is out the window. The ONLY way I could see this even being plausible is if Turner was leaving to be the DC at Jackson State. And personally, I don't think that would happen either since JSU hired Dwayne Curry to coach the d-line.

And the other thing to remember here is Ole Miss fans want Tom Allen back at some point. Trying to make a mess of things among our fanbase is something that is in their favor, not ours.

JSU has already hired a DC and OC.

Bucky Dog
01-08-2016, 01:40 AM
I could definitely roll with that.

This is what will happen. Preacher said it early and I've heard it as well.

Dawgtini
01-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Coaching Search just posted:

Mississippi State: Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman reports Dan Mullen did not offer LSU defensive line coach Ed Orgeron the MSU defensive coordinator job, and that talks never got that far. Orgeron wants to remain at LSU.

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 10:10 AM

Mississippi State: Fox Sports’ Bruce Feldman reports Dan Mullen did not offer LSU defensive line coach Ed Orgeron the MSU defensive coordinator job, and that talks never got that far. Orgeron wants to remain at LSU.

Yep. And UNM Scoop Network posted this from Godfrey. No bias from them at all.

Yesterday I mentioned the SEC passion. Added “often misguided” …

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYNG11cW8AA6QAj.png:large

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Yep. And UNM Scoop Network posted this from Godfrey. No bias from them at all.

Yesterday I mentioned the SEC passion. Added “often misguided” …

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYNG11cW8AA6QAj.png:large

Ha ha! That dude is off his meds. Funny stuff

engie
01-08-2016, 11:34 AM

I actually think Coaching Search is ran by a "neutral" third party now that that particular Roussell brother got another gig. Vannini is a Michigan State grad.

preachermatt83
01-08-2016, 01:10 PM

Read between the lines... Talks never got that far BECAUSE O wanted to stay at LSU.

Op4isabitch
01-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Read between the lines... Talks never got that far BECAUSE O wanted to stay at LSU.

I don't think that's 100% accurate. Several people close to the program said O wasn't high on CDM's list but he was one of several candidates on the list. Sounds more likely that he wasn't getting the job anyway and he was O.K with that outcome.

Edited,
Because of the stupid stars covering our coaches name.

RougeDawg
01-08-2016, 01:21 PM
All I know is that Dellenger does not post something unless he is damn near 100% positive that it is true. Go back and look through his feed on similar issues. He is constantly pissing off LSU people because of his tweets about things they want to keep quiet, and his sources are usually spot on. It's most likely that we have offered O for a position on staff. What else would we offer $900k for? Bagman?

DawgPoundLazer
01-08-2016, 01:54 PM
This sounds like the work of Jimmy Sexton....wonder if he is O's agent.

Political Hack
01-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Ogre was never a serious candidate for the job. He's not a Mullen type guy and it would've been an awful fit that would've likely ended in a brawl between Ogre and Hev. CDM may have reached out to see if he'd be potentially interested in a position coaching spot or maybe a co-DC spot where he's not calling the plays, at which point Ogre realized it's a lateral move and said no thank you. That's the most plausible explanation.

RougeDawg
01-08-2016, 03:19 PM
Ogre was never a serious candidate for the job. He's not a Mullen type guy and it would've been an awful fit that would've likely ended in a brawl between Ogre and Hev. CDM may have reached out to see if he'd be potentially interested in a position coaching spot or maybe a co-DC spot where he's not calling the plays, at which point Ogre realized it's a lateral move and said no thank you. That's the most plausible explanation.

You act as if this would be a bad thing. May be the only way we can rid ourselves of Hev.