PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Terrell Buckley

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Steve Robertson ‏@ScoutSteveR 46s46 seconds ago
Hearing from multiple sources that Mississippi native and NFL veteran Terrell Buckley has accepted a job at Mississippi State

MSU now has unquestionably the most physically talented defensive back coaching staff in college football.

Good hire

louisvilledawg
01-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Steve Robertson ‏@ScoutSteveR 46s46 seconds ago
Hearing from multiple sources that Mississippi native and NFL veteran Terrell Buckley has accepted a job at Mississippi State

MSU now has unquestionably the most physically talented defensive back coaching staff in college football.

Good hire

Hail yeah!! (amirite)

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Great hire. Very excited about this one. Now let's finish strong with a good DC hire.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 01:51 PM
Great hire. Very excited about this one. Now let's finish strong with a good DC hire.

Agree. Most thought he was the guy from the out set & we got him.

Losing Hughes will hurt in certain areas, but, while Buckley should be fairly good in-state, he may also have connections in the Mid-west or Florida that we didn't have before. While he is coming from Louisville, Buckley also coached at Akron & Florida State.

mic
01-07-2016, 01:56 PM
From a huge FSU alumni and big $$$$ booster ...

"Congrats and great hire with TBuck.. Wish we could have gotten him back... Players loved him, and is a great guy and recruiter.. "

LC Dawg
01-07-2016, 02:07 PM
If we could dress out our defensive back coaches next year it would make our new coordinator's job easier.

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 02:11 PM
If we could dress out our defensive back coaches next year it would make our new coordinator's job easier.

No kidding

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Don't know about Simmons because he is a DL but I feel like this really helps us with Nigel Knott.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2016, 02:29 PM
But can they still play?

lachepas565
01-07-2016, 02:41 PM
I'm surprised they made this move before the DC hire. That was the last I heard and it makes sense to get the DC in place before the position coaches. I guess they couldn't wait any longer or risk losing Buckley.

djaymsu5
01-07-2016, 02:42 PM
This is about to be us https://twitter.com/ulfbrecruiting/status/664901291513126912

Pumped about this hire!

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Don't know about Simmons because he is a DL but I feel like this really helps us with Nigel Knott.

Buckley was Simmons primary recruiter at Louisville

Sacrifice
01-07-2016, 02:59 PM
How is he as far as recruiting goes? I know he has an electric personality just from the interviews I've seen and has he been recruiting Knott along with Simmons?

HoopsDawg
01-07-2016, 03:01 PM
How is he as far as recruiting goes? I know he has an electric personality just from the interviews I've seen and has he been recruiting Knott along with Simmons?

If I'm a DB in the state of MS, I'm very excited about the chance to play for Deshea and T-Buck!

ShotgunDawg
01-07-2016, 03:10 PM
Here are some good videos to help to get to know Buckley. Seems very cerebral & sort of like Tony Hughes 2.0. I think his personality will play in MS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI4ESiG55sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CgW2b_bPYE

PassInterference
01-07-2016, 03:19 PM
If I'm a DB in the state of MS, I'm very excited about the chance to play for Deshea and T-Buck!

This all day!!

We probably have the best DB coaches in college football. We also have a record of sending DBs to the NFL.

Suck it, Tee Shepard.

starkvegasdawg
01-07-2016, 03:29 PM
Looking forward to having DB's within 10 yards of the receiver when he catches the ball now. Let's see what he can do with the talent we have in the secondary.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2016, 03:52 PM
I'm surprised they made this move before the DC hire. That was the last I heard and it makes sense to get the DC in place before the position coaches. I guess they couldn't wait any longer or risk losing Buckley.

This has not been officially announced by MSU. Only Scout (Steve) is the one that has said this to my knowledge. Maybe MSU wanted to wait and announce both positions at the same time, but the information on Buckley interviewing slipped out. If Buckley is your top target and is very much interested in the job, why not go ahead and start the ball rolling with that potential hire, since there is a time factor involved

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-07-2016, 03:53 PM
His daughter tweeted out her dad took the job this morning. She might be an inside source

01-07-2016, 04:01 PM
His daughter tweeted out her dad took the job this morning. She might be an inside source

https://twitter.com/briannabuckleyy/status/685107325900861441

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 04:59 PM
This has not been officially announced by MSU. Only Scout (Steve) is the one that has said this to my knowledge. Maybe MSU wanted to wait and announce both positions at the same time, but the information on Buckley interviewing slipped out. If Buckley is your top target and is very much interested in the job, why not go ahead and start the ball rolling with that potential hire, since there is a time factor involved

The strength coach was hired a week ago & was just officially announced today. The official announcement by the school doesn't always occur on the same day.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Excellent hire. Now let's seal the deal on Allen.

CarolinaDawgs
01-07-2016, 07:26 PM
This all day!!

We probably have the best DB coaches in college football. We also have a record of sending DBs to the NFL.

Suck it, Tee Shepard.

Freezus says that Tee didn't hear you.