PDA

View Full Version : Tom Allen

msstate7
01-07-2016, 12:25 PM
Any word coming out on him? Is he still a candidate?

BorneDawg
01-07-2016, 12:37 PM
Heard he was supposed to be in Starkville today to interview

msstate7
01-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Heard he was supposed to be in Starkville today to interview

Good. I hope he has an offer before he leaves. Would love to have Allen and Buckley by tomorrow

Count
01-07-2016, 12:41 PM
Heard ....Nick Savage to strength coach

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 12:45 PM

Huh?? It was published about 5 days ago and State gave the official release this morning.

tcdog70
01-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Huh?? It was published about 5 days ago and State gave the official release this morning.

Well I guess He heard right.

Sacrifice
01-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Well I guess He heard right.
😂😂😂 Got em!

maroonmania
01-07-2016, 01:27 PM

Well I guess we can cross you off the list of sources for breaking news.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Well I guess we can cross you off the list of sources for breaking news.

LOL

JDog13
01-07-2016, 02:04 PM
Tom Allen would be a horrible hire. He was funny in a few movies, but I can't get over the fact he married Roseanne Barr.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 02:09 PM
Tom Allen would be a horrible hire. He was funny in a few movies, but I can't get over the fact he married Roseanne Barr.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwh9sf6Pic1r8bdnuo2_400.png

Coach34
01-07-2016, 02:11 PM
It's Allen unless the last couple of contract points can't be ironed out

Big4Dawg
01-07-2016, 02:12 PM
One point better be non-compete w/ OM

msstate7
01-07-2016, 02:13 PM
It's Allen unless the last couple of contract points can't be ironed out
Waiting on freeze's consent?**

DawgPoundLazer
01-07-2016, 02:14 PM
Exactly. Wouldn't want Freezus to woo him back over to the dark side if Wommack calls it quits.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-07-2016, 02:19 PM
That relationship with freeze is being greatly exaggerated by our fans but y'all keep having fun with that

VegasDawg
01-07-2016, 02:21 PM
As long as he doesn't bring that "landshark" nonsense here like he did to USF, it'll be fine.

Big4Dawg
01-07-2016, 02:34 PM
That relationship with freeze is being greatly exaggerated by our fans but y'all keep having fun with that

Care to expand? They coached together at every stop from Lambuth, Arkansas State & OM.

HancockCountyDog
01-07-2016, 02:45 PM

I would have to disagree with that. They are pretty damn close. Now, that doesn't mean he wouldn't be a great hire or wouldn't do a great job here, but they go back to coaching at Lambuth together for 2 years, then Freeze hired him as soon as he got the Arkansas State gig, and took him with him when he got the the bear job.

No matter what anyone says on here, they are close. Now, to the lunatic fringe of our fanbase worried he will be texting freezus are gameplan the night before the egg bowl, come on.

He is a good defensive coach, he isn't a great recruiter, but we don't need our DC to be a great recruiter, we need a great X's and O's guy.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 02:46 PM
Care to expand? They coached together at every stop from Lambuth, Arkansas State & OM.

respecting someone as a coach and having them on your staff doesn't mean you are close friends socially

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 02:50 PM

??? About a falling out between them last year. I don't have any verifiable info on that. So take it with a grain of salt. But if he was to be groomed as the DC in waiting, $350,000 could have been easily matched or at least they could have come close enough for him to stay at UNM. Unless he was just bent on running his own defense before then. Like I said I don't know if they did for sure have a falling out or just a disagreement or there is nothing to it. But it has been mentioned by UNM people that something might have happened.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 02:51 PM

I think he's saying they have a great working relationship but their families aren't out taking vacations together & their kids aren't having sleep overs.

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 02:51 PM

They are friends, but he's a good coach. Our linebackers will really do well under him.

HSVDawg
01-07-2016, 03:20 PM

You mean Tom Arnold?

deltadawg99
01-07-2016, 03:25 PM
We need to have an SEC non compete like what Arkansas just implemented with their new hires.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
01-07-2016, 03:34 PM

Did Court leave?

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Meaning they are professional colleagues. May even be "friends". But I don't go fishing or have dinner with all my "friends". We all have a buddy at work that we only talk to at work

pdawg10msu
01-07-2016, 03:46 PM
Did Court leave?
Yep. Went to Maryland. He actually took an assistant with him as well.

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 03:47 PM
Did Court leave?

Haha, well played.

Meanwhile, on today's brand new show on TBS...

https://media.giphy.com/media/y2uOLNgPb0csU/giphy.gif

CadaverDawg
01-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Yep. Went to Maryland. He actually took an assistant with him as well.

Oh, was he serious?

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-07-2016, 03:51 PM
Crazy ass thought here. Maybe. Just maybe. He followed freeze to Arky state and Ole
miss cause he did a good job for him before. And freeze wanted to win. I would compare their relationship to Fulmer and Chavis. Great working relationship. But I certainly wouldn't think the guy would risk his future for a coach that didn't even name him his DC at ole miss when he had been his DC at several other stops. Think about that a sec

basedog
01-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Money I'm sure lured Allen to follow Bucky.

ScrotieMcBoogerBalls
01-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Oh, was he serious?

Yeah, haha. Guess I missed it. I do drink a lot...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-07-2016, 07:55 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/tom_allen44

From his strength of faith and his work at usf, he seems like a very passionate guy. We need that so bad on the defensive side of the ball. I want to see some nastiness. Bryant looks like he may have what it takes. I love Richie Brown, but he doesn't seem like a vocal leader.

Btw, Richie donated the majority of his gift card to charity. I'm paraphrasing, but he said something along the lines of other people needed it more to him. I'll try to find the article.

End thread hijack

Bothrops
01-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Did Court leave?

I'm not convinced that Court was ever here.* I think I read like one article about him and never saw him.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 08:23 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/tom_allen44

From his strength of faith and his work at usf, he seems like a very passionate guy. We need that so bad on the defensive side of the ball. I want to see some nastiness. Bryant looks like he may have what it takes. I love Richie Brown, but he doesn't seem like a vocal leader.

Btw, Richie donated the majority of his gift card to charity. I'm paraphrasing, but he said something along the lines of other people needed it more to him. I'll try to find the article.

End thread hijack

YES! And on the o-line too for that matter.

Rayburn8
01-07-2016, 08:55 PM
I'm pretty pumped that this means we could get his son as a recruit. At Oxford 2 years ago, when they went undefeated, he was the MLB and led the team in tackles as a freshman.

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 08:56 PM
We may be looking at a different option

msstate7
01-07-2016, 08:58 PM
We may be looking at a different option

Got a name?

missouridawg
01-07-2016, 09:31 PM
Got a name?

Paul Rhoads is getting an interview tomorrow.

msstate7
01-07-2016, 09:35 PM

Hasn't he mostly coached secondary his career?

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 09:37 PM

Barf.

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Barf.

Agree.

And you hardly ever interview someone after the guy you really want interviews... you make sure he doesn't leave campus without knowing how much you want him.

If all this is true, I'd have to say Allen is out if he really interviewed today

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Agree.

And you hardly ever interview someone after the guy you really want interviews... you make sure he doesn't leave campus without knowing how much you want him.

If all this is true, I'd have to say Allen is out if he really interviewed today

Mullen doesn't just interview one candidate. There's a few different ones popping up on campus. Also, Keenum and Stricklin are actively involved in the decision making. We just need to quit pinching and increase the assistants budget.

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Mullen doesn't just interview one candidate. There's a few different ones popping up on campus. Also, Keenum and Stricklin are actively involved in the decision making. We just need to quit pinching and increase the assistants budget.

I truly believe that IF Allen was on campus and interviewed today, which I have seen confirmed nowhere, and he didn't get the job offer, he won't be the DC. I believe that to be true for anyone who comes to campus and leaves without an offer.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 10:21 PM
I truly believe that IF Allen was on campus and interviewed today, which I have seen confirmed nowhere, and he didn't get the job offer, he won't be the DC. I believe that to be true for anyone who comes to campus and leaves without an offer.

Allen interviewed today- money was discussed- and there are clauses in the contract both sides have to agree upon. We'll see how it plays out

Dawgtini
01-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Barf.
I disagree. I think he would be a good option and he has been a HC as well as a good SEC DC. All of the above will a benefit to Mullen and our squad.

klong-dog
01-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Allen interviewed today- money was discussed- and there are clauses in the contract both sides have to agree upon. We'll see how it plays outClauses.... please be clauses, if we hire Allen.

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 10:29 PM
Allen interviewed today- money was discussed- and there are clauses in the contract both sides have to agree upon. We'll see how it plays out

Ok, I'll take your word for it.

Question... if he interviewed in Starkville, how come the "media" can't confirm it. I mean they are all in Starkville. Sit in the lot and see if Allen or whoever comes in the complex.

They say he interviewed, but they haven't actually seen anybody come interview. It's always "reports". Why don't THEY report?

Dawgtini
01-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Double post

Political Hack
01-07-2016, 10:35 PM

Question... if he interviewed in Starkville, how come the "media" can't confirm it. I mean they are all in Starkville. Sit in the lot and see if Allen or whoever comes in the complex.

They say he interviewed, but they haven't actually seen anybody come interview. It's always "reports". Why don't THEY report?

Geraldo isn't in Starkville.

It's pretty easy to get in and out of Starkville without being noticed.

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 10:36 PM
I disagree. I think he would be a good option and he has been a HC as well as a good SEC DC. All of the above will a benefit to Mullen and our squad.

If you want fired up, havoc causing, passionate defense lead by somebody just as fired up and passionate, Rhodes ain't your man.

He'd be playing out the string here, until something somewhere he would rather be pops up.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 10:37 PM

Mel Tucker agrees with this

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 10:38 PM

Brought in through the super secret tunnel and the interview was conducted in the secret lockdown room guarded by the Savage nation. All electronics are disrupted by our new high powered Faraday cage and confidential agreements are signed and witnessed by Bracky, because you know he plays it by the book. Or did they meet at Little Dooey's? One of the two places.

gravedigger
01-07-2016, 10:39 PM

Im not sure you have a realistic view of the media's presence here in starkville.

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 10:39 PM

No, not really.

If he was on campus, it would be pretty easy to have a sighting.

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 10:41 PM
Im not sure you have a realistic view of the media's presence here in starkville.

They live there. What the hell else do they have to do? Write the Great American novel? Get off their lazy asses and find some shit out. It's the damn job

Coach34
01-07-2016, 10:41 PM
No, not really.

If he was on campus, it would be pretty easy to have a sighting.

Not on a Sunday with the students off the for vacation

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 10:43 PM
Brought in through the super secret tunnel and the interview was conducted in the secret lockdown room guarded by the Savage nation. All electronics are disrupted by our new high powered Faraday cage and confidential agreements are signed and witnessed by Bracky, because you know he plays it by the book. Or did they meet at Little Dooey's? One of the two places.

Exactly. It's Starkville, not Columbus,Ohio or Los Angeles , Ca

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 10:44 PM
Not on a Sunday with the students off the for vacation

Reporters get to go home for Christmas too?

msstate7
01-07-2016, 10:45 PM
Mullen could've interviewed at his home...

deltadawg99
01-07-2016, 10:48 PM

Coach- what clauses are having to be worked out? I assume some type of non compete with OM. If they agree on terms of the contract is Allen the guy?

Spiderman
01-07-2016, 10:49 PM
true, but a reporter could say Mullen not here at office today, so no interview on campus. You can pretty much walk in and see. Or ask Ms. Nancy, she would tell you if he's in or not.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 10:56 PM
Coach- what clauses are having to be worked out? I assume some type of non compete with OM. If they agree on terms of the contract is Allen the guy?

agreeing on money is one thing- agreeing on terms is another

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Steve still giving the trolls and the ones in LSU "the business" (Ron Cherry reference, love that clip) on Twitter. He has mentioned another candidate was possible on campus today as well. And the other interview tomorrow.

Rayburn8
01-07-2016, 11:05 PM
true, but a reporter could say Mullen not here at office today, so no interview on campus. You can pretty much walk in and see. Or ask Ms. Nancy, she would tell you if he's in or not.

Please shut up. You have no idea how the writers job works. They aren't allowed to just sit in front of the complex and watch everyone who comes in and out. Much of what they report and are allowed to do is controlled by our media relations department. That's how it is at every school. Some are more giving than others.

Quit talking about things you know nothing about.

msstate7
01-07-2016, 11:10 PM
I keep reading about people wanting Allen to sign a non-compete. Is this common in CFB? I wouldn't sign it if I were him

Coach34
01-07-2016, 11:12 PM
I keep reading about people wanting Allen to sign a non-compete. Is this common in CFB? I wouldn't sign it if I were him

depends if he wants to double his current salary or not

defiantdog
01-07-2016, 11:18 PM
So Spiderman wants a Yancy.... Bad idea man. Even OM folks get annoyed with him.

Dawgtini
01-07-2016, 11:23 PM

Works for TMZ. Knows the biz ***

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 11:37 PM

Arkansas has all of their guys sign one for the entire SEC. Georgia wanted to get multiple of Bert's guys but could only get Pitman because he had an older contract that didn't have the clause.

msstate7
01-07-2016, 11:41 PM
Arkansas has all of their guys sign one for the entire SEC. Georgia wanted to get multiple of Bert's guys but could only get Pitman because he had an older contract that didn't have the clause.

Wow... I had no idea

mic
01-07-2016, 11:54 PM
Maybe CTA fears for his own soul if he comes here....

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 11:55 PM
A non-compete makes a lot of sense- and I wouldn't think it would be that big of a deal. Allen could still coach at Ole Miss one day even if we make him sign one- he would just have to go somewhere in another conference after our job.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 11:57 PM
Mullen could've interviewed at his home...

I've interviewed at a restaurant one time.

Knowing how much of a control freak Dan is, and Dan knowing how people like Rosebowl are I'm sure he found some undisclosed location to do the interview. Maybe somewhere like Tupelo or Jackson where there is an airport but it's not too obvious.

state66
01-07-2016, 11:58 PM
Explain to me how the media would see Mel pull up and walk into seal building and then leave and drive back to tuscaloosa. Yall act like hes walking through the middle of drill field. Seal complex is in a pretty secluded piece of campus tucked behind palmero and the dude.

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Please shut up. You have no idea how the writers job works. They aren't allowed to just sit in front of the complex and watch everyone who comes in and out. Much of what they report and are allowed to do is controlled by our media relations department. That's how it is at every school. Some are more giving than others.

Quit talking about things you know nothing about.

I know you can walk into the football complex and ask if Dan is there. I know Ms. Nancy will be glad to tell you if so and tell you all about her grandkids. I will continue to talk about EXACTLY what I know about.

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 08:16 AM
So Spiderman wants a Yancy.... Bad idea man. Even OM folks get annoyed with him.

Yep, we need all the recruiters we can get

Coach34
01-08-2016, 08:20 AM
Nancy wasn't there on Sunday

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 08:29 AM
Nancy wasn't there on Sunday

Check your PM

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2016, 08:34 AM

This whole thing is about like the campus rumor mill in the early '90s of who "people" saw on campus.
"I saw Andre Agassi. He's banging some chick on the Tennis Team."
"I saw Jerry Rice at Cheers. You know, he plays pick up basketball at McCarthy all the time. He brings Walter Payton with him."

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 08:40 AM
This whole thing is about like the campus rumor mill in the early '90s of who "people" saw on campus.
"I saw Jerry Rice at Cheers. You know, he plays pick up basketball at McCarthy all the time. He brings Walter Payton with him."

I and many others can swear to Agassi in Starkville for a couple of weeks in fall of '88 and Rice in Cheers a couple of years later. ( Agassi jogged down Nash St every day. My roommate hit him right in the hands on a fly pattern as he went down the street. He dropped it, but showed a good arm firing it back. He was shorter than you would think)

Also saw Rice in Wal-Mart buying deodorant one time. Can't remember the brand.

Never saw Payton anywhere except on TV

Valyrian Steel
01-08-2016, 08:47 AM
I know you can walk into the football complex and ask if Dan is there. I know Ms. Nancy will be glad to tell you if so and tell you all about her grandkids. I will continue to talk about EXACTLY what I know about.

And if Nancy said Coach wasn't there what does that tell you? Nothing. He could be out recruiting, or at his kid's function, or meeting in Keenum's office, or a myriad of other possibilities. But I can safely say that if Dan didn't want people to know exactly where he was and who he was with that Ms. Nancy wouldn't be freely handing out that information.

klong-dog
01-08-2016, 08:49 AM
I remember Aggasi's yellow porshe would be parked at the tennis complex, it had "Aggassi" on the license plate

Mjoelner34
01-08-2016, 08:57 AM

More than rumor. Agassi was on campus a lot and was banging a chick on the Tennis team. He even bought her a white Porsche with a black rag top. And, during one of my intramural games, Rice was on the court next to us in the Tin Gym by himself hanging off of the rim after doing dunk after dunk.

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 08:58 AM
And if Nancy said Coach wasn't there what does that tell you? Nothing. He could be out recruiting, or at his kid's function, or meeting in Keenum's office, or a myriad of other possibilities. But I can safely say that if Dan didn't want people to know exactly where he was and who he was with that Ms. Nancy wouldn't be freely handing out that information.

Correct, but you could truthfully report that Mullen is not in the office and is not interviewing anyone there.

I've seen all day, Allen ON CAMPUS for interview. That ain't hard to confirm.

Everybody has HEARD a bunch of shit. Nobody has confirmed a damn thing.

Was Allen or anyone else at all interviewed by Mullen today, yesterday or tomorrow? I don't know, and neither does anyone except Mullen and Allen and his family, and maybe a couple of other people.

I get pissed at "media" saying "Reports are" or "we are hearing." I got this place for that.

They are scared of getting scooped so they put that crap out, then if it happens great, if not... well things came up.

So instead of being scared to lose the story to someone else and instead of saying that crap, get off your asses and work the story.

If not shut up about "Reports and hearing stuff."

Dawgtini
01-08-2016, 08:59 AM
I and many others can swear to Agassi in Starkville for a couple of weeks in fall of '88 and Rice in Cheers a couple of years later. ( Agassi jogged down Nash St every day. My roommate hit him right in the hands on a fly pattern as he went down the street. He dropped it, but showed a good arm firing it back. He was shorter than you would think)

Spoke to Agassi in library one day in the late 80's. Got his autograph for my gf (now ex). Saw Jerry in some club - Cheers?

LC Dawg
01-08-2016, 09:03 AM
It's easy to recognize a pro football player or a professional tennis player but how many people in Starkville know what the defensive coordinator of South Florida looks like? Mullen could have had lunch with him at Lil Dooey or The Veranda and people would tell their friends "I saw Dan Mullen at lunch today".

Coach34
01-08-2016, 09:03 AM

I played basketball against Jerry Rice in the Tin Gym. He absolutely used to do that

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2016, 09:04 AM
More than rumor. Agassi was on campus a lot and was banging a chick on the Tennis team. He even bought her a white Porsche with a black rag top. And, during one of my intramural games, Rice was on the court next to us in the Tin Gym by himself hanging off of the rim after doing dunk after dunk.

I know they were there, I'm just poking the board. You can't miss high-profile people that everyone knew by face (Agassi by hair at the time). But how many people in Starkville know who Tom Allen is or what he looks like?

Spiderman
01-08-2016, 09:07 AM
I know they were there, I'm just poking the board. You can't miss high-profile people that everyone knew by face (Agassi by hair at the time). But how many people in Starkville know who Tom Allen is or what he looks like?

Google is a reporters friend

shrimp
01-08-2016, 09:09 AM
I just saw Tom Allen at Flo and Eddies****

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Google is a reporters friend

But, then they will report "Oregeron is in Starkville" when they see it on FootballScoop.

EAVdog
01-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Rice used to park his white Lambo in the parking lot of Food Max and just give out autographs. He's still around a good bit.

Really Clark?
01-08-2016, 09:12 AM
Correct, but you could truthfully report that Mullen is not in the office and is not interviewing anyone there.

I've seen all day, Allen ON CAMPUS for interview. That ain't hard to confirm.

Everybody has HEARD a bunch of shit. Nobody has confirmed a damn thing.

Was Allen or anyone else at all interviewed by Mullen today, yesterday or tomorrow? I don't know, and neither does anyone except Mullen and Allen and his family, and maybe a couple of other people.

I get pissed at "media" saying "Reports are" or "we are hearing." I got this place for that.

They are scared of getting scooped so they put that crap out, then if it happens great, if not... well things came up.

So instead of being scared to lose the story to someone else and instead of saying that crap, get off your asses and work the story.

If not shut up about "Reports and hearing stuff."

No coach or AD in their right mind would let the secretary tell you whether or not they are giving interviews. Especially this bunch. They like things kept quite. And what do you think reporting is? 95% of all reporting is done after the fact. Very very seldom do they get a scoop as its happening. They have to depend on sources. Work their network to confirm after they receive a tip. Then decided if it's credible enough to run with.

I think a good number in the media do a piss poor job running with something without a good enough sources. I think some are very much into misinformation. I think our athletic department lets things get out they want for various reasons, including misinformation as well. But what you are absolutely forgetting is there is a very real possibility that the ones that are trusted know exactly what is happening and when but have built up enough of a relationship that they defer what the department will let them run with at a given time. They have given definite statements about an interview today. I'm fairly confident they know who and when but to continue to get good insider information they will sit on this information.

DLGDawg
01-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Agassi was most certainly there.

Op4isabitch
01-08-2016, 09:51 AM
I played a game of pick up against Rice then Agassi. After that we ate pork chitterlings that Jerry's mom cooked us and Andre broke out some single malt and cubans. Fun times!! Only problem was Marino kept cock blocking us on the Coeds later that night.

Mjoelner34
01-08-2016, 10:06 AM
I played a game of pick up against Rice then Agassi. After that we ate pork chitterlings that Jerry's mom cooked us and Andre broke out some single malt and cubans. Fun times!! Only problem was Marino kept cock blocking us on the Coeds later that night.

Oh man, don't get me started on Marino. I remember one night at Mack's he got up and sang Roberta then stole a cop car at a roadblock on the way home.

BrunswickDawg
01-08-2016, 10:14 AM
Oh man, don't get me started on Marino. I remember one night at Mack's he got up and sang Roberta then stole a cop car at a roadblock on the way home.

That wasn't Marino. That was me in a Marino mullet wig with John Bond as my wingman.

Count
01-08-2016, 11:06 AM
I think Allen will be next Def Coordinator. If it had been Orgeron, woulda kicked in 1st day and the we would have heard by now.
It was said that Mullen was all-in on Orgeron so,,, dont think this will happen.
Most likely , will be Allen which makes more sense anyway

HSVDawg
01-08-2016, 11:27 AM
I played basketball against Jerry Rice in the Tin Gym. He absolutely used to do that

I saw Jerry Rice at Mugshots one time coming down the stairs as I was going up. Just said "Cheers" and raised my beer bottle and he smiled and reciprocated. He's in Starkville a lot as that's where he was born and he still has a ton of family there. I went to high school with several of his nieces and nephews there as well.