PDA

View Full Version : Is Paul Rhoads a candidate?

Statefan
01-07-2016, 10:45 AM
I know we all hate football scoop but they tweeted yesterday that they heard Paul Rhoads was in consideration. Only looked at his credentials for a second but seems like it would be a decent hire -- that being said I know nothing about this guy

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2016, 10:55 AM
QUIT READING FOOTBALL SCOOP

MetEdDawg
01-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Please no to Paul Rhoads. When you spend the majority of your D1 career at Iowa State and Pittsburgh and don't have success there, I don't want you.

I will be extremely disappointed if we get him because that means he's probably the best we thought we could get which is scary. We should be able to do better than Paul Rhoads. That's no offense to him, but we have Chavis, formerly Muschamp but now Steele, formerly Smart now Pruitt, Aranda, and Wommack in our DIVISION as DCs. Are we really saying that we are fine with Rhoads as our DC? We've got offensive minds like Freeze, Malzahn, Kiffin, Cam Cameron, and Sumlin in our league. Are we really saying that Rhoads is the best we can do here to combat those guys?

We need a big time DC. Again, no offense to Rhoads, but he's not one. If we want to establish ourselves as a power, we've got to go balls to the wall and freaking pay someone large quantities of money to come lead our defense. The fact that we continue to pay the lowest amount for coordinators by a wide margin in our division pisses me off. We should know by now how important it is to get the best.

Really Clark?
01-07-2016, 12:07 PM
Rhoads is not my first choice either, but he had some good defenses at Pitt and his one year at Auburn was good. 29th in total defense, 14th in scoring defense.

It_Could_Happen
01-07-2016, 12:42 PM
Wouldn't mind Rhodes honestly. He reminds me a lot of Gene Chizik. Not a very good head coach, but a pretty dang good DC. Look at the success Chizik has had at NC.

preachermatt83
01-07-2016, 02:18 PM
I'd love Rhodes as DC.

engie
01-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Wouldn't mind Rhodes honestly. He reminds me a lot of Gene Chizik. Not a very good head coach, but a pretty dang good DC. Look at the success Chizik has had at NC.

I'd say that success is relative. In terms of yards per play, UNC was virtually identical to that NC State team. Adjustedstats says our defense was better than theirs. That said, they were drastically improved and "better than they were supposed to be"...