PDA

View Full Version : Can IJ Ready enter the draft early?

Red Sox Dawg
01-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Tired of watching him jack up bricks and turn the ball over.

Big4Dawg
01-06-2016, 10:02 PM
He's a junior and he isn't going to raise his stock by coming back. That means he should go, right?

maroonmania
01-06-2016, 10:37 PM
He's a junior and he isn't going to raise his stock by coming back. That means he should go, right?

Bingo. He gotta go.

missouridawg
01-06-2016, 10:39 PM
Processed.

whosyourdawgy
01-06-2016, 11:10 PM
Screw the offensive end of the court. He can't guard shit on the defensive end He got that dumbass foul late that gave them 2 free throws then on the last possession he may as well have been sitting on the bench because he didnt even come close to preventing that ugly white dude to drive in the lane and make the pass for the last layup. Gawd awful.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 12:16 AM
anytime he takes more than 4 shots in a game he hurts the team

Dawg61
01-07-2016, 12:38 AM
Tookie last five games

tireddawg
01-07-2016, 12:43 AM
So why does Howland keep playing him so much? He's also a selfish little 17er

MarketingBully
01-07-2016, 01:11 AM
If we can share the ball and act as a team and run the offense, we can be a good team. We could have blown A&M out tonight had we done that. If we don't run our offense and just jack threes up, we will lose to any team left on our schedule. I thought we had turned a corner the last three games but we displayed a lot of selfishness tonight like we did early in the year. Until Sword and Ready realize that we have to win as a team, we will lose. 6-29 from 3 pt line, 9 assists on 21 made shots and of course they got 16 second chance points off a 20-10 offensive rebounding edge. If we had run our offense and shared the ball, we win this game going away even with their second chance points.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-07-2016, 01:53 AM
Against who?

MadisonDawg
01-07-2016, 04:45 AM
Tookie last five games

I am a fan of tookie, but Lamar Peters is Howland's guy and he's gonna be a good one.

msstate7
01-07-2016, 07:07 AM
Against who?

Tookie's last 5 opponents...

Duke -- 20 points
Winthrop -- 25
Stetson -- 27
Tx st -- 14
UTA -- 17

BiscuitEater
01-07-2016, 07:59 AM
Tired of watching him jack up bricks and turn the ball over.

Take a peak at the stats before posting crap. While he's not great .. he did shoot 3 of 6 (50%) 2nd best on the team to Q's 55% and only had 2 TOs in 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, every fan's favorite Chicken was 2 of 8 (25%) and had 5 TOs in 25 minutes.

IJ was not the reason we lost last night.

Goat from MSU
01-07-2016, 08:34 AM
Well said, Most people on this board wants him gone because he is one of Ray's boys .
Take a peak at the stats before posting crap. While he's not great .. he did shoot 3 of 6 (50%) 2nd best on the team to Q's 55% and only had 2 TOs in 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, every fan's favorite Chicken was 2 of 8 (25%) and had 5 TOs in 25 minutes.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Well said, Most people on this board wants him gone because he is one of Ray's boys .

BS statement. Nobody wants Ware or Q gone. They are Ray's boys too

I just want him gone because he's not very good. Next year we can have Malik and Q at the G spot with Peters as the back-up PG. No need for Ready to be here

msstate7
01-07-2016, 09:01 AM
BS statement. Nobody wants Ware or Q gone. They are Ray's boys too

I just want him gone because he's not very good. Next year we can have Malik and Q at the G spot with Peters as the back-up PG. No need for Ready to be here

If Malik returns, I think ready is out. If Malik goes, I think ready is back

Dawg61
01-07-2016, 09:15 AM
If Malik returns, I think ready is out. If Malik goes, I think ready is back

Latest projections have Malik as late 1st/early 2nd. He needs to stay another year.

louisvilledawg
01-07-2016, 09:17 AM

This ^^^^

While I'm not a fan of ready (I think he sometimes gets out of control on offense and he has the defensive awareness of Helen Keller), Chicken was the one that cost us.
That bs, try to do too much attempt at splitting the double team with Gavin on the other side of him was dumb as hell.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 09:28 AM
Sword is gonna find a way to **** up- you can count on it. He has to realize he doesnt have to force things as much with this team

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 09:34 AM
Definitely looks like an agenda. No he's not great but the offense crumbles when he's not on the court. He's the only player on the team with a positive assist to turnover ratio (2.5:1). Also for those who talk about him shooting a lot he hasn't shot more than 7 times the last 5 games. So no he's not out there jacking up all the shots.

Political Hack
01-07-2016, 09:43 AM
Definitely looks like an agenda. No he's not great but the offense crumbles when he's not on the court. He's the only player on the team with a positive assist to turnover ratio (2.5:1). Also for those who talk about him shooting a lot he hasn't shot more than 7 times the last 5 games. So no he's not out there jacking up all the shots.

Good post. His offense is not a problem, at all. It's a huge plus and honestly the only reason he's on the floor. His defense is what kills us. And it's not his full court D, it's his inability to guard on the permiter in a half court set.

However, Chicken trying to split double teams with a minute left in the game so he can drive the basketball at two 7' defenders in the paint would seemingly be an issue. He's gonna beat 4 off the dribble????

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Good post. His offense is not a problem, at all. It's a huge plus and honestly the only reason he's on the floor. His defense is what kills us. And it's not his full court D, it's his inability to guard on the permiter in a half court set.

However, Chicken trying to split double teams with a minute left in the game so he can drive the basketball at two 7' defenders in the paint would seemingly be an issue. He's gonna beat 4 off the dribble????

Oh no his defense isn't great at all but with the zone that has even been masked. He's just become a whipping boy for the program for no reason. He's the Shump of basketball. Shump gets 3 carries in a game & all I see is we run Shump for no gain all night all over the board. Now IJ shoots 5 times & has 2 turnovers & all I see is IJ shooting us out the game & always throwing the ball away.

LC Dawg
01-07-2016, 09:53 AM
Ready is obviously a liability on defense. You don't have to look any farther than the foul where he tried to shove the guy into the stands because he was beaten so badly again.
I agree that the decision by Sword at the end was a horrible one but I don't think Newman should get a pass as far as his responsibility for this loss. If he wants to be the man he needs to not miss free throws and easy shots down the stretch. I don't think he gets a pass because he's just a freshman because he's not supposed to be just a freshman.

Dawg61
01-07-2016, 09:57 AM
Oh no his defense isn't great at all but with the zone that has even been masked. He's just become a whipping boy for the program for no reason. He's the Shump of basketball. Shump gets 3 carries in a game & all I see is we run Shump for no gain all night all over the board. Now IJ shoots 5 times & has 2 turnovers & all I see is IJ shooting us out the game & always throwing the ball away.

It's because he is so short it makes him an easy target. We lost because we didn't put aTm in a huge hole when we were up 22-13. Should of easily been 30-13. I said it'll bite us in the ass and it did.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 10:01 AM
It's because he is so short it makes him an easy target. We lost because we didn't put aTm in a huge hole when we were up 22-13. Should of easily been 30-13. I said it'll bite us in the ass and it did.

Yea we had them on the ropes early but didn't take advantage.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 10:01 AM
IJ forced some 3's last night early in the clock that were just bad possessions. If you watch the game it's more than just looking at the stats. As someone posted, its him getting beat on the perimeter that allowed the guard to penetrate and make a pass to another guy for an easy basket. That doesnt show up in the stat book.

He was 1-4 from 3 with 2 of them just really forced. He's not the only problem out there- thats for sure though. Just speaking in terms of whathe does thats troubling

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 10:04 AM
IJ forced some 3's last night early in the clock that were just bad possessions. If you watch the game it's more than just looking at the stats. As someone posted, its him getting beat on the perimeter that allowed the guard to penetrate and make a pass to another guy for an easy basket. That doesnt show up in the stat book.

He was 1-4 from 3 with 2 of them just really forced. He's not the only problem out there- thats for sure though. Just speaking in terms of whathe does thats troubling

Trust I've watched & been to just about every game this year. I know it's more than stats. If you want to complain about IJ getting beat on the perimeter complain just as loud about the 20 offensive boards we've given up each of the last 2 games. That's the real killer. I'm not an IJ fan but our offense goes to crap when he's not in there because he's the only kid who takes care of the ball & distributes at an efficient rate.

msstate7
01-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Trust I've watched & been to just about every game this year. I know it's more than stats. If you want to complain about IJ getting beat on the perimeter complain just as loud about the 20 offensive boards we've given up each of the last 2 games. That's the real killer. I'm not an IJ fan but our offense goes to crap when he's not in there because he's the only kid who takes care of the ball & distributes at an efficient rate.

A lot of those offensive rebounds were long. Guards have to help out there and ij being so short doesn't help.

Caruso had 7 rebounds (4 offensive). He avg's around 3 reb/game

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 10:19 AM
A lot of those offensive rebounds were long. Guards have to help out there and ij being so short doesn't help.

A lot or some? 20 offensive rebounds 12-15 aren't going out to the guards. Let's just say they are IJ, Malik, Q, Chicken, & Travis are all within about 10 defensive rebounds of each other & IJ isn't the lowest on the list. Him being short isn't the problem there.

msstate7
01-07-2016, 10:20 AM
A lot or some? 20 offensive rebounds 12-15 aren't going out to the guards. Let's just say they are IJ, Malik, Q, Chicken, & Travis are all within about 10 defensive rebounds of each other & IJ isn't the lowest on the list. Him being short isn't the problem there.

4 went to Caruso. Guards accounted for 8

engie
01-07-2016, 10:20 AM
It's not just IJ -- it's a problem with all of the upperclassmen. When the lights came on and we had a chance to win -- it was Q, Ware, and Malik that kept us in the game and gave us a chance.

Like I said in the other thread -- I'd be fine with losing games how we lost last night if this were next year and we were relying on freshmen across the board. The ultimate indictment is that I never, for one second, thought we were going to win that game last night. If the game is within a couple of possessions, this group has lost them 80% of the time. This year is even worse in that regard because of the clear jealousy from the upperclassmen.

Political Hack
01-07-2016, 10:26 AM

The 20 offensive rebounds is the difference between losing a close game and blowing out a ranked opponent at home. I want to kick a hole through my TV on every single one of them too. Unacceptable.

KentuckyDawg13
01-07-2016, 10:46 AM
Sword lost the game last night. Selfish play, crappy shooting and ball hogging...sit his sunglass wearing butt and play Q more.

Dawg61
01-07-2016, 11:25 AM
When you go up 9 early it's time to start getting the ball down low or driving it and drawing fouls. We didn't do that. Instead we settled for 3s. That's on Howland and our seniors.

Red Sox Dawg
01-07-2016, 11:37 AM

I never said IJ was the reason we lost last night and I posted before the game was over. I also didn't say Chicken was my favorite. I am just tired of bad basketball and we have been bad for 4-5 years. Just my opinion.

By the way IJ was 3-6 inside the arc and 1-4 outside the arc, so he was 4-10, not that it matters.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 11:41 AM
I never said IJ was the reason we lost last night and I posted before the game was over. I also didn't say Chicken was my favorite. I am just tired of bad basketball and we have been bad for 4-5 years. Just my opinion.

By the way IJ was 3-6 inside the arc and 1-4 outside the arc, so he was 4-10, not that it matters.

No he was 3/6 from the field & 1/4 from 3. He shot 6 shots 4 from 3.

MSUDawg99
01-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Sword lost the game last night. Selfish play, crappy shooting and ball hogging...sit his sunglass wearing butt and play Q more.

Ha. Those were protective goggles. He got poked in the eye earlier in the week or last week.

Red Sox Dawg
01-07-2016, 12:14 PM
No he was 3/6 from the field & 1/4 from 3. He shot 6 shots 4 from 3.

My mistake, I read it wrong. I posted this as a joke, playing off all the discussion about our football juniors declaring early. Again, never said he was the reason we lost. Still doesn't change my opinion, I am tired of bad basketball.

MarketingBully
01-07-2016, 01:32 PM

He had two assists man, two! If he isn't distributing the ball and doesn't play great defense, what good is he? With that said, Sword was the biggest reason for the loss last night while Daniels and Thomas contribute nothing yet again. In that kind of game, five turnovers from Sword did us in.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-07-2016, 01:40 PM
He had two assists man, two! If he isn't distributing the ball and doesn't play great defense, what good is he? With that said, Sword was the biggest reason for the loss last night while Daniels and Thomas contribute nothing yet again. In that kind of game, five turnovers from Sword did us in.

I'm aware of his 2 assists. I'm also aware he's top 6 or 7 in assist in the SEC. I'm also aware that if I give you the ball & you don't score I can't get an assist. We shot 42% from the field, 26% from 3.

whosyourdawgy
01-07-2016, 01:40 PM
My issues w Ready
1. He is absolutely a horrendous defensive player. He sucks. Can't guard anyone
2. He waste half the shot clock just dribbling aimlessly at the top of the key. He is the point guard. He is the one to initiate the offense and he waste too much time doing so. Howland said it last night without calling him out
3. He has a tendancy to try and do to much and shoot shots that he shouldn't.

What I like about Ready.
1. He is a pretty dang good spot up shooter. If given an open look, he can knock it down. Unlike Sword or Fred who have as much a chance to hit air or the side of the backboard as they do actually making the shot.
2. He shows glimpses of actually being a decent pg sometimes driving and finding the open man for a good shot. But only glimpses when he gets aggressive. Last year he did this only when we were down big it seems. He needs to penetrate and get Malik or Q more open shots imo

Overall. His defensive liability outways the good to me. He would get crossed over and left behind by Fallou Ndoye