PDA

View Full Version : Bucky just got a raise

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Base to 4.7 mil. Incentives pushing him close to 5 mil.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-06-2016, 06:32 PM
And 1.1 million upped to their assistants. We better put on our big boy pants.

mparkerfd20
01-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Who cares?

Joe Schmedlap
01-06-2016, 06:38 PM
We would be well served to increase our assistant coach salaries.

War Machine Dawg
01-06-2016, 06:41 PM

Biggest thing holding us back, other than our crootin, so far as I'm concerned. I just hope we don't give Dan a raise because Freezus got one. Going to the Belk Bowl and losing 3 of your last 4 to your in-state rival should barely earn an extension, so far as I'm concerned.

JDog13
01-06-2016, 06:51 PM
They didn't learn from their last 5 coaches

Dawgtini
01-06-2016, 06:52 PM

This is most important. Dan should get an extension and his scheduled raise. Heck even a little more if we can swing it - he did win 9 games - but it should not come at the expense of raising the assistant salary pool.

Dawgtini
01-06-2016, 06:53 PM
They didn't learn from their last 5 coaches

Exactly what I thought. Gonna make it expensive when they run him off.

preachermatt83
01-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Biggest thing holding us back, other than our crootin, so far as I'm concerned. I just hope we don't give Dan a raise because Freezus got one. Going to the Belk Bowl and losing 3 of your last 4 to your in-state rival should barely earn an extension, so far as I'm concerned.

Finally we agree!!!

deltadawg99
01-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Dan doesn't deserve a single red cent in salary.

All assistant deserve a raises except for Hevesy and Sallach.

Todd4State
01-06-2016, 07:02 PM
Biggest thing holding us back, other than our crootin, so far as I'm concerned. I just hope we don't give Dan a raise because Freezus got one. Going to the Belk Bowl and losing 3 of your last 4 to your in-state rival should barely earn an extension, so far as I'm concerned.. Recruiting and quality assistants go hand in hand.

Liverpooldawg
01-06-2016, 07:06 PM
This is most important. Dan should get an extension and his scheduled raise. Heck even a little more if we can swing it - he did win 9 games - but it should not come at the expense of raising the assistant salary pool.

Yep on Dan gets an extension and a raise. It was a 9 win season guys. Some of y'all are totally out of touch with reality.

War Machine Dawg
01-06-2016, 07:15 PM
. Recruiting and quality assistants go hand in hand.

Agreed. Thus why I think assistant salary is arguably the biggest thing holding us back (without opening the Bracky Fife can of worms aGAIN).

Bullybaroo
01-06-2016, 07:27 PM
I guess since we don't have as many anymore, that wouldn't be too hard to do.

TrapGame
01-06-2016, 07:32 PM

But he pays for his own dental out of pocket.*

Mjoelner34
01-06-2016, 07:40 PM
But he pays for his own dental out of pocket.*

Winner!

Op4isabitch
01-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Seems like Ole Miss is getting screwed on their investment. Freeze is 3rd in the conference in salary and their program is 3rd last in revenue generated.

Maybe I'm missing the big picture.

PendingTransaction
01-06-2016, 07:59 PM
We have the best coach in the SEC, other than Saban. We have been to SIX straight bowl games! We were #1! Mullen has turned down several elite coaching jobs. Freeze has not accomplished any of this. Mullen should have his base raised to $4,700,000.06, at a minimum.

Statefan
01-06-2016, 08:05 PM
We have the best coach in the SEC, other than Saban. We have been to SIX straight bowl games! We were #1! Mullen has turned down several elite coaching jobs. Freeze has not accomplished any of this. Mullen should have his base raised to $4,700,000.06, at a minimum.

He's not the best but he is better than Malzahn, Beliema, and maybe even Sumlin....

Thick
01-06-2016, 08:19 PM

I wonder how much the "Oxford Messiah" is giving back to his church??

RealHastings
01-06-2016, 08:54 PM
and maybe even Sumlin....

Dan is better than Sumlin. Is that even debatable at this point?

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-06-2016, 09:04 PM
Dan is better than Sumlin. Is that even debatable at this point?

Dan won in 2010(with UofH on their 3rd string QB) and 2014.
Sumlin won in 2009 (yeah, I know CUSA refs), 2012, 2013, and 2015.
Yes. It is debatable.

Todd4State
01-06-2016, 09:05 PM
Yep on Dan gets an extension and a raise. It was a 9 win season guys. Some of y'all are totally out of touch with reality.

If no one agrees with you, it's probably not the entire board that is out of touch with reality.

Todd4State
01-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Dan won in 2010(with UofH on their 3rd string QB) and 2014.
Sumlin won in 2009 (yeah, I know CUSA refs), 2012, 2013, and 2015.
Yes. It is debatable.

I thought Briles was their coach in 2009?

Big4Dawg
01-06-2016, 09:19 PM
He's talking about when he was at Houston

mparkerfd20
01-06-2016, 09:33 PM
If no one agrees with you, it's probably not the entire board that is out of touch with reality.

I agree with him. Some of you have gone full idiot since losing to Ole Miss.

oldjoedawg
01-06-2016, 10:18 PM

I agree too....pay the man and give the assistant pool a big increase.... our fan base can afford it.

GreenheadDawg
01-06-2016, 10:33 PM

Wow. Does not compute

PendingTransaction
01-06-2016, 10:36 PM
We probably need to go ahead and bump Dan to 6M. Might stop him from looking around, I mean stop big programs from trying to steal him. And we don't need to pay assistants a dime more. Dan can win with any ol' assistant.

Jack Lambert
01-06-2016, 11:06 PM
It didn't take long for a thread about Freeze getting a raise to turn into a bash Mullen thread. This shit is just getting sickening at this point.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-06-2016, 11:13 PM
he deserves it

defiantdog
01-06-2016, 11:18 PM
He won the sugar bowl..... His raise was deserved along with the assistants.

RealHastings
01-06-2016, 11:21 PM
It didn't take long for a thread about Freeze getting a raise to turn into a bash Mullen thread. This shit is just getting sickening at this point.

This.

Dammit, boys.

TaleofTwoDogs
01-07-2016, 12:29 AM
I wonder how much the "Oxford Messiah" is giving back to his church??

I think $180,000 is the going rate for most small Southern churches. ***

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 12:35 AM

My definition of "full idiot" is people being OK with the team and program underachieving because we had a better record than we did in 1969.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 12:41 AM
We probably need to go ahead and bump Dan to 6M. Might stop him from looking around, I mean stop big programs from trying to steal him. And we don't need to pay assistants a dime more. Dan can win with any ol' assistant.

If anything has been proven this offseason, Dan is already out of most programs price range as it is. It won't stop him from looking around but it's highly doubtful anyone will be willing to pay him what we are- unless he starts winning more big games and winning games with significant ramifications on the line.

And I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to pay the assistants more? Especially since that would help us much more than just simply giving Dan a raise. Paying high salaries to assistants is how you get quality play callers and recruiters. Something we need desperately and would only help Dan.

PendingTransaction
01-07-2016, 12:45 AM
If anything has been proven this offseason, Dan is already out of most programs price range as it is. It won't stop him from looking around but it's highly doubtful anyone will be willing to pay him what we are- unless he starts winning more big games and winning games with significant ramifications on the line.

And I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to pay the assistants more? Especially since that would help us much more than just simply giving Dan a raise. Paying high salaries to assistants is how you get quality play callers and recruiters. Something we need desperately and would only help Dan.
Come on Todd. Next you will be advocating for a OC or even worse, a ST coach.

DancingRabbit
01-07-2016, 12:45 AM
My definition of "full idiot" is people being OK with the team and program underachieving because we had a better record than we did in 1969.

Define "underachieving".

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 12:59 AM
Define "underachieving".

Having a Heisman candidate at QB with a team of upperclassmen including three guys that left for the NFL early and only winning 8 games with one of them over a SEC team that had a winning record during the regular season while only making the Belk Bowl.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 01:02 AM
Come on Todd. Next you will be advocating for a OC or even worse, a ST coach.

That's your response as to why we shouldn't pay our assistants more?

DancingRabbit
01-07-2016, 01:29 AM
Having a Heisman candidate at QB with a team of upperclassmen including three guys that left for the NFL early and only winning 8 games with one of them over a SEC team that had a winning record during the regular season while only making the Belk Bowl.

"Having" a Heisman candidate? Sounds like something given or inherited. If you can turn a "fullback" from podunk Louisiana into Heisman candidate, surely you can beat ________________ !

Since we lost 18 "starters" from last year, most outsiders thought we would take a step back.

Ole Miss and Alabama ended up better than most here thought. Auburn and Missouri ended up weaker than most here thought. We ended up 9-4, about what most here expected, and better than the media and outsiders expected.

DancingRabbit
01-07-2016, 01:31 AM
That's your response as to why we shouldn't pay our assistants more?

I think it's pretty obvious he's being sarcastic.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 02:22 AM
"Having" a Heisman candidate? Sounds like something given or inherited. If you can turn a "fullback" from podunk Louisiana into Heisman candidate, surely you can beat ________________ ! And Dak played fullback when and where? Forgive me for expecting us to beat someone better than Arkansas with a Heisman candidate at the most important position on the field- not to mention statistically our best player ever. With a team of upperclassmen- and basically all of our rivals coming to Starkville. Especially since there is no precedence for that happening at MSU- except under Jackie. Oops. It's not something "given or inherited"- it was what was on our roster last season. Sounds like you ran down our best player in school history to justify the glory of the season where our best home win was La Tech. Way to go chief.

Since we lost 18 "starters" from last year, most outsiders thought we would take a step back.

Because of 1A/1B.

Sr. Heisman candidate at QB
Army AA freshman at ATH that was underused
2 Jrs at RB
3 Jrs at WR including one who left for the NFL early and one who is close to setting school records
Sr. at TE
2 Srs and 3 Jrs on the o-line
1 Sr and 3 Jrs on the d-line including one who left for the NFL early and won't be worse than a second round pick.
1 Sr and 2 Jrs at LB
2 Sr at CB that will likely play in the NFL
1 Sr and 1 Jr at S

Thank God we managed to beat La Tech.**

Ole Miss and Alabama ended up better than most here thought. Auburn and Missouri ended up weaker than most here thought. We ended up 9-4, about what most here expected, and better than the media and outsiders expected.

So now the media preseason predictions mean something all of a sudden? Since when? To try to fit your agenda? They've basically pegged us to finish last almost every season no matter what since I started following MSU football- and they likely will again. With our OOC schedule and Kentucky it doesn't exactly take Vince Lombardi to exceed the 6-6 prediction that most "media and outsiders" had for us. And that doesn't mean we should give a coach almost 2 million more in salary as someone else on here suggested we should do.

If anything Auburn and Mizzou being worse makes our season even worse since we basically had all of the stars line up for us- and we pissed it away. Auburn and Mizzou being worse is why most of "us here" predicted 9-4 in the first place. With the benefit of hindsight we should have won 10 games at a minimum. And would have had the coach that you are defending not completely freaked out at the end of the LSU game. An incident in and of itself which for most schools would make a raise out of the question.

People like you are why we our history has been mediocre or bad for the most part.

Todd4State
01-07-2016, 02:27 AM
I think it's pretty obvious he's being sarcastic.

Hard to tell since it was out of left field since I haven't called for an OC to be hired this offseason and have only said that hiring certain coaches might help us out some in special teams as an added bonus.

Anyway I was hoping to get a legit response as to why we should jack up Dan's salary even more while not paying assistants more when it makes more sense and is way more logical to pay the assistants more.

Dawgface
01-07-2016, 07:20 AM

Totally agree. Recruit better first and give key assistants raises.

Coach34
01-07-2016, 09:18 AM
Define "underachieving".

Finishing 6th in the SEC with the All-SEC QB, 2 All-SEC WR's, and 6 NFL draft pick for the 2016 draft. Maybe 7 draft picks if Bennie gets taken in the 6th or 7th round. We finished 6th in the SEC West. 6th

We have 5 wins built into the schedule every year with OOC and Kentucky....

PendingTransaction
01-07-2016, 11:54 AM
Hard to tell since it was out of left field since I haven't called for an OC to be hired this offseason and have only said that hiring certain coaches might help us out some in special teams as an added bonus.

Anyway I was hoping to get a legit response as to why we should jack up Dan's salary even more while not paying assistants more when it makes more sense and is way more logical to pay the assistants more.
My posts in this thread were in jest. To include this: We have the best coach in the SEC, other than Saban. We have been to SIX straight bowl games! We were #1! Mullen has turned down several elite coaching jobs. Freeze has not accomplished any of this. Mullen should have his base raised to $4,700,000.06, at a minimum.

I personally feel that Mullen needs a pay cut. As for assistants' pay, Mullen is just like Myers. He doesn't believe in paying assistants extremely well. Thinks he can win with projects because he just wants guys to implement his systems.

yjnkdawg
01-07-2016, 12:19 PM
And 1.1 million upped to their assistants. We better put on our big boy pants.

I wonder if some of their players and recruits are getting a pay raise too?