PDA

View Full Version : Stansbury

MafiaDawg
01-06-2016, 01:19 PM
I read somewhere they are going to honor Stansbury somehow tonight. Is it too soon for something like this? He's coaching and a division rival and our program is still indirectly suffering from the huge mess he left us (Couldn't attract quality candidates and ended up with Ray who destroyed it even more). I'm not saying that we should or shouldn't. Just wondering everyone's opinion.

TXDawg
01-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Absolutely not too soon. The man gave over 20 years of his life to our program and is arguably the best coach in the history of the program.

Any "lingering issues" with the program are 100% on Ray.

BrunswickDawg
01-06-2016, 01:41 PM
Good way to get closure. Ray is gone, we have a terrific coach and have things back on track. Now we can be done and move forward.

Coach34
01-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Stands dug the hole- Ray was using a spoon to fill it back up. Howland has come in the wheelbarrow and taken care
of things.

Its 4 years later- nothing wrong in honoring him with a quick handshake and a cheer

mstatefan91
01-06-2016, 04:16 PM
It was odd to me at first, but I will stand up and clap for him tonight. He devoted a lot of time and energy to this program. I can appreciate that.

maroonmania
01-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Stands dug the hole- Ray was using a spoon to fill it back up. Howland has come in the wheelbarrow and taken care
of things.

Its 4 years later- nothing wrong in honoring him with a quick handshake and a cheer

I would phrase it more that Stans dug the hole and then passed the shovel to Ray who kept digging. Howland has brought in a convoy of dump trucks to fill the hole in. Stans should be recognized. Aside from the 91 SEC title every modern day MSU basketball accomplishment worth noting has been with him as either the HC or lead assistant.

coastdoglover
01-06-2016, 04:22 PM
It was odd to me at first, but I will stand up and clap for him tonight. He devoted a lot of time and energy to this program. I can appreciate that.

Coach won't be there I am sure but Stans deserves recognition for being our all time winningest coach. He is happy and evidently most folks at MSU are too. You can thank Stans and Wesley Reed for raising the funds for our practice facility. I also know he was happy to see Ben take the job. He cares more about MSU than many on this board.

Big4Dawg
01-06-2016, 04:23 PM
It's Howland's plan to get inside RS head**

Count
01-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Third winningest coach in SEC during 10 year period.
He has my respect (1)Kentucky, (2)Florida, (3)Miss. State.

Dawg61
01-06-2016, 05:02 PM
If aTm keeps turning in top 5 recruiting classes and top 20 teams it isn't going to be long before Stansbury is back to being a HC in the SEC. Might be at aTm. Their HC has parkinson's so he might not be coaching for too many more years.

Jack Lambert
01-06-2016, 05:09 PM
of things.

Damn it I got to spread some reps around before I give more.

drunkernhelldawg
01-06-2016, 07:40 PM
We still don't know if we'll ever get back to the level he took us to. I don't know all the inner politics that went on in the Athletic dept. and with boosters, but from a competition standpoint, we are in a long period of being distinctly mediocre.

Dawg61
01-06-2016, 08:14 PM
We still don't know if we'll ever get back to the level he took us to. I don't know all the inner politics that went on in the Athletic dept. and with boosters, but from a competition standpoint, we are in a long period of being distinctly mediocre.

We have 9 top 100 players next year.

ScottH
01-06-2016, 08:19 PM
We have 9 top 100 players next year.

That will cure a lot of ills. Quickly.