PDA

View Full Version : Team 14- THE Mississippi State Bulldogs

Coach34
08-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Last year- 8-5
HC- Dan Mullen
OC- Les Koenning
DC- Geoff Collins (1st season)

Offensive starters returning- 7 (QB, TB, OL)
Defensive starters returning- 5 1/2 (Autry, Eulls, Skinner, McKinney, Whitley, Hughes)

schedule:

Oklahoma State (Houston)
Alcorn St
@Auburn
Troy
Open
LSU
Bowling Green
Open
Kentucky
@SC
@A&M
Bammer
@UPig
Mississippi

5 of first 7 games are at home- and another at neutral site. That's actually big for a younger team like the one we have. Bottom line- this team cannot start the season 1-2. Team gets 2 extra days to get ready for SC due to playing Kentucky on a Thursday. Tough finish as usual in November. No 1st year UPig coach has beaten State but State has never won in Arkansas- something gives this season. Egg Bowl win is a must- home team is 12-2 in the last 14 Egg Bowls. Strengths are QB, RB, TE, LB for sure- expected improvement on the OL and DL is the reason for optimism.

Vandownbytheriver
08-07-2013, 09:52 AM
6-6 or 7-5 depending on the Egg Bowl. Wins against Alcorn, Auburn, Troy, BG, UK, Arkansas and toss-up in the Egg Bowl.

The Croom Diaries
08-07-2013, 09:55 AM
I really think OSU, Auburn, UPig and OM are swing games that could go either way, so I'll go 2-2 on those. A&M is a swing without Manziel but I'll assume he's there.

Alcorn St - W
Troy - W
LSU - W
Bowling Green - W
Kentucky - W
@SC - L
@A&M - L
Bammer - L

7-5

FISHDAWG
08-07-2013, 10:12 AM
8 & 4 ... excuse me while I leave for my sheering appointment

ETA - Fire Bracky !

CadaverDawg
08-07-2013, 10:22 AM
6-6 (3-5)

Dawg61
08-07-2013, 10:26 AM
7-5 (4-4) Wins Alcorn, Auburn, Troy, BG, UK, UPig, UOM.

DiligenceDawg
08-07-2013, 10:29 AM
At least 6-6, likely 7-5 with a win in the egg bowl.

Anything less and I see some major changes happening on staff fairly quickly.

Squidawg11
08-07-2013, 10:43 AM
My completely rational and unbiased opinion:

14-0 and we hold up the crystal ball.

SignalToNoise
08-07-2013, 10:44 AM
8-4 (4-4)

Ok. State -- Win. I think they are overrated, and no one expects anything out of us considering the way the 2012 season ended.
Alcorn -- Win. Everyone gets to play.
@Auburn -- Win. I expect a very back and forth first half and for State to control the game in the 4th quarter.
Troy -- Win.
----
LSU -- Loss. Just not seeing that "step back" that they will take. I think we can give them all they can handle but don't think we can finish the job. Sort of like Arkansas 2010.
Bowling Green -- Win
----
Kentucky -- Win. They just do not scare me.
@SC -- Loss
@A&M -- Loss, but all bets are off if little johnathon football is unable to play.
Bama -- Loss
@UPig -- Win
old miss -- Win. A burning bush spoke to me the other day. It told me that we would beat the everliving dog shit out of the Rebearsharks.

For the record, I was down on this team heading into the off season. But after reading the message boards all summer and hearing about the alleged defensive changes I have a totally different outlook.

CapitolCityDawg
08-07-2013, 10:44 AM
I don't post much but wanted to chime in on this topic. I think we get 8 wins, don't ask me where they come from, but I think we find a way to get to 8. It's Mullen's 5th year, so the days of just conceiding losses to AUB and ARK should be over, and I think we are the better team and win both this year. I also think Dan gets revenge and we get to return the Golden Egg to its rightful home (and hopefully not make videos about it this time around).

I think this is one of the deepest teams in our program's history and we are easily talented enough to get 8 wins. Now excuse me while I pour another tall glass of maroon KoolAid.

Squidawg11
08-07-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't post much but wanted to chime in on this topic. I think we get 8 wins, don't ask me where they come from, but I think we find a way to get to 8. It's Mullen's 5th year, so the days of just conceiding losses to AUB and ARK should be over, and I think we are the better team and win both this year. I also think Dan gets revenge and we get to return the Golden Egg to its rightful home (and hopefully not make videos about it this time around).

I think this is one of the deepest teams in our program's history and we are easily talented enough to get 8 wins. Now excuse me while I pour another tall glass of maroon KoolAid.

If you are going to drink maroon KoolAid might as well put a little vodka in it. 14-0 National Champs.

BeastMan
08-07-2013, 10:49 AM
6 or 7 wins. OSU & Auburn hold the keys to the season

biscuit
08-07-2013, 11:24 AM
At least 7 wins. I don't know who we beat, but we win 7 with a few surprises.

TexasDawg
08-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I may be wearing the Maroon glasses, but I'm going 8-4. Very reachable if that idiot in College Station can't get his shit together

maroonmania
08-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Guess I will go 6-6 at this point. Until I start seeing something different on the field I have it in my mind that Mullen beats who he is supposed to beat and usually loses to teams he's expected to lose to. So I think we win against Alcorn, Troy, BG, and KY and win 2 of 3 from the Aub, Ark and OM games to get to 6-6. If we come out and actually pull off the win against OSU THEN I could actually see us potentially getting back to 8-4 with an outside shot at 9-3 because that would be a big breakthrough for us. I mean if we can beat OSU we should be able to beat Aub, Ark and OM.

Bullmutt
08-07-2013, 11:54 AM
7-5 (5-3)

PMDawg
08-07-2013, 12:09 PM
I'll be a homer like a few others.

8-4, losses to LSU, USC, ATM, and Bama. Obviously, I am predicting a win in every "swing" game and that's a tall order. But...what the heck?!

StarkRavenDawg
08-07-2013, 12:50 PM
I just don't see 8 wins but if things go our way i guess its possible. if we played OK State later in the season I would like our chances better but it will be a tough opener especially with new DBs and a new coordinator. I think 6 is more realistic and would consider 7 a success. Auburn and Arkansas are huge games. We can't afford to lose both If we want to go bowling. The Egg Bowl could wind up being huge as far as bowl games go this season. I could see both teams at 5 wins coming into Thanksgiving.

It_Could_Happen
08-07-2013, 01:54 PM
I think you will know a lot about this team after week 1. If we get blasted by OK State it could be a long year. If that doesn't happen I can see anywhere from 6 to 8 wins

ckDOG
08-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Oklahoma State (Houston) - L - I think it's close, but we get outgunned.
Alcorn St - W
@Auburn - L - this is winnable, but I like the road team in this game.
Troy - W - closer than we are comfortable with, but pull away in the mid 3rd quarter.
Open
LSU - L - Ell ess you.
Bowling Green - W
Open
Kentucky - W
@SC - L - too talented and on the road.
@A&M - L - JFF or no JFF? Could be a W is he's suspended and they are mentally out of it this year.
Bammer - L
@UPig - W - FINALLY get one in LR.
Mississippi - W - home team wins this one. Bears are likely beat to hell and back at this point in the season also.

It hurts to type because I think we are way more talented that a "6 win team", but that's all I see at this point. It's also going to take winning in Little Rock to get there. It sucks, but that's the joy of playing an SEC schedule and Oklahoma State.

hometowndawg
08-07-2013, 02:37 PM
7-6

L - Oklahoma State (we are out of our league here boys)
W -Alcorn St(Easy W)
W - @Auburn (2 is a streak)
W - Troy (only because its at home)
W - Open (we still beat off)
L - LSU (Cant see us doing it even though I hope it happens)
W - Bowling Green (no explaination needed)
W - Open(twice in one season we beat off)
W - Kentucky (its kentucky)
L - @SC (Clowney)
L - @A&M (No JFF and they still win)
L - Bammer (Its bammer)
W - @UPig (Finally win in arkansas)
L - Mississippi (Honestly a toss up)

It_Could_Happen
08-07-2013, 02:44 PM
The swing games are OK St Auburn UPig and The Bears. I think you can even put LSU in this category. I say we need 3 of those

dickiedawg
08-07-2013, 03:50 PM
OSU- Win
Alcorn- Win
Auburn- Win
Troy- Win
LSU- Win
BG- Win
UK- Win
SC- Loss
aTm- Loss
Bama- Loss
Ark- Win
UM- Win

Then we lose the Cotton Bowl to finish 9-4, and fans once again bemoan how Mullen choked down the stretch.

Hypnodawg
08-07-2013, 03:52 PM
8-4

Start 7-0, end with a win.

WeWillScrewItUp
08-07-2013, 07:20 PM
I have a feeling we will be better than most people think. I say 8 wins with a possibility to get to 9.

drunkernhelldawg
08-07-2013, 07:31 PM
I think everybody thinks that it's hard to tell until we play one. We do seem to be a very solid football team. With a very tough schedule. My wish is to be in the Bama and LSU games this year. My fantasy is to win them both.

messageboardsuperhero
08-07-2013, 08:07 PM
Oklahoma State (Houston)- W... I've just got a gut feeling.
Alcorn St- W
@Auburn- L... Winnable game, but I give them the edge @ Jordan-Hare
Troy- W
Open
LSU- L
Bowling Green- W... This game scares me though
Open
Kentucky- W
@SC- L
@A&M- L
Bammer- L
@UPig- W
Mississippi- W... We take the damn Egg back. The home team hardly ever loses unless the road team is clearly better.

7-5 (3-5)

I'd call this a good season.

Drugdog
08-07-2013, 08:35 PM
8-4. And the egg. We win the bowl game.

Duke Silver
08-08-2013, 12:35 PM
5-7, beating Ole Miss and Kentucky in conference

Political Hack
08-08-2013, 12:54 PM
We're between an 8 win ceiling and a 5 win floor. I'll split the difference and add half a game for a 7-5 finish.

mic
08-08-2013, 01:02 PM
wins:
Alcorn st
Kentucky
BG
Troy

Swing games: I think we win 3 of 4
Ark
Aub
OSU
Rebs

finally upset LSU

8-4

CadaverDawg
08-08-2013, 01:09 PM
5-7, beating Ole Miss and Kentucky in conference

I may be wrong, but if we are 4-7 heading into the Egg Bowl I see zero chance of us beating Ole Miss, because we will have obviously already thrown in the towel.

I could see us being 5-6 going into the Egg Bowl and winding up either 5-7 or 6-6.....but I highly doubt we only have 4 wins going into Thanksgiving night. That would be a complete meltdown of a season and heads would roll.

bocfarm
08-08-2013, 01:15 PM
OSU- Loss
Alcorn- Win
Auburn- Loss
Troy- Win
LSU- Loss
BG- Win
UK- Win
SC- Loss
aTm- Loss
Bama- Loss
Ark- Win
UM- Win

6-6

Auburn is the toughest call for me, just have no idea how improved their going to be on defense, I expect the offense to improve.

ckDOG
12-01-2013, 03:19 PM
End of season bump for fun.

curmudgeon
12-01-2013, 03:22 PM
That was amazing ckdog.

Good job.

was21
12-01-2013, 03:24 PM
winner winner

manboy2000
12-01-2013, 03:45 PM
2 people were spot on that's amazing bocfarm and ckdog

CadaverDawg
12-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Interesting

OurState
12-01-2013, 05:55 PM
maroon mania, beast man and diligence dog and beer Farely were close with cadaver dog and ck dog nailing it.

CadaverDawg
12-01-2013, 06:34 PM
maroon mania, beast man and diligence dog and beer Farely were close with cadaver dog and ck dog nailing it.

+1