PDA

View Full Version : Could Barry J. Sanders transfer here

mcain31
01-06-2016, 09:39 AM
He received his release from Stanford. He is immediately eligible to play.

starkvegasdawg
01-06-2016, 09:43 AM
Has he ever shown any interest?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2016, 09:45 AM
Likely headed back home to Oklahoma St.

BeastMan
01-06-2016, 09:47 AM
If he couldn't beat out a white boy, don't want**

louisvilledawg
01-06-2016, 09:57 AM
He received his release from Stanford. He is immediately eligible to play.

How does that work? He's eligible to play immediately because he was released from his scholarship at stanford?

Does sitting out a year only apply to transfers?

mcain31
01-06-2016, 09:59 AM
He is a graduate transfer

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-06-2016, 10:07 AM
no but anytime someone announces they are transferring some of our fanbase automatically think they are interested in us for some reason.

louisvilledawg
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM
He is a graduate transfer

Ah. Thanks. I thought he was still an underclassmen for some reason

mcain31
01-06-2016, 10:41 AM
no but anytime someone announces they are transferring some of our fanbase automatically think they are interested in us for some reason.

I was just asking because of our problems at runningback.

Bullybaroo
01-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Just read on College Football Talk that Stillwater was likely destination.

TXDawg
01-06-2016, 01:30 PM
I was just asking because of our problems at runningback.

We don't have an RB problem. We have an OL problem.

PassInterference
01-06-2016, 01:33 PM
Shirley UNM wants him. Just think of the splash they'd make by sending out photos with THE Barry Sanders.

Bully13
01-06-2016, 01:43 PM
Hijack alert. Who is that all purpose white boy at stanford? NFL bound? Looks fast as shit. Mccafery or something?

BulldogDX55
01-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Hijack alert. Who is that all purpose white boy at stanford? NFL bound? Looks fast as shit. Mccafery or something?

Only a sophomore.

Count
01-06-2016, 01:59 PM
If he couldn't beat out a white boy, don't want**

Thats funny right there

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2016, 02:14 PM
Everybody sees the name Barry Sanders Jr & immediately become intrigued but he's gained less than 700yds in his 3yrs at Stanford. He's just not that good.

Dallas_Dawg
01-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Christian McCaffrey. Ed McCaffrey's son, who was a good WR for the Broncos during the John Elway Super Bowl winning era.

Johnson85
01-06-2016, 02:36 PM
We don't have an RB problem. We have an OL problem.

I'm a big fan of Holloway, and he definitely can have a significant role on a good team, but the fact that he was our primary ball carrier by the end of a season means we have a RB problem. Doesn't mean we don't have a much bigger OL problem, but we have problems at RB too.

TimberBeast
01-06-2016, 04:02 PM
I'm a big fan of Holloway, and he definitely can have a significant role on a good team, but the fact that he was our primary ball carrier by the end of a season means we have a RB problem. Doesn't mean we don't have a much bigger OL problem, but we have problems at RB too.

No this means we have a coaching problem. Holloway shouldn't have been our primary back.

Where'sWaldo
01-06-2016, 04:24 PM

Johnson you are unfortunately wasting your time. I fought this fight last summer and finally came to the conclusion that our fan base is clueless about the running back position and refuses to accept our rb's at this point in their career aren't any good. I didn't see a great rb running behind a terrible OL this season. I saw a below average rb running behind a below average o line. Look at the games where we clearly had the edge on the o line and our rb's still struggled to produce. The issue with our running game this year was two fold. Poor o line play AND poor running back play.

Dawg61
01-06-2016, 04:52 PM
No this means we have a coaching problem. Holloway shouldn't have been our primary back.

Holloway shouldn't be our primary back when we run up the middle or for pass protection but he was pretty damn electric in the bowl game and the last half of the season against Arkansas and Kentucky. He is a homerun waiting to happen with his speed and shiftiness especially as a pass catcher in open space. It's time for everyone to get off Holloway's nuts. He is not a great running back in the traditional sense but he is borderline All-SEC as a pass catching back.