PDA

View Full Version : Name Your Coaches

Ifyouonlyknew
01-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Everybody has a thought & opinion on who we should hire. This thread is for who do you ultimately think will be hired.

My guess is Tom Allen as DC & Terrell Buckley as Safeties Coach.

Irondawg
01-06-2016, 08:57 AM
I'm going with Allen and Buckley as well. I thing Tucker ends up at GA

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-06-2016, 09:00 AM
Allen and Buckley

Coach34
01-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Looks like Allen and T-Buck at the point

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Same and I will be happy with that.

FISHDAWG
01-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Joe Lee Dunn, Ellis Johnson, or Torbush *

Really Clark?
01-06-2016, 09:06 AM
I think Allen and T-Buck as well. Would be really good hires.

Spiderman
01-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Looks like Allen and T-Buck at the point

Still hearing Freeze would be a road block to Allen if Mullen offers, but I really don't think anybody knows for sure if Mullen has even approached him.

SDDawg
01-06-2016, 09:27 AM
Not a good look when "Dan" is guessing on these hires... LOL

TrapGame
01-06-2016, 09:31 AM
Still hearing Freeze would be a road block to Allen if Mullen offers, but I really don't think anybody knows for sure if Mullen has even approached him.

How would Freeze be a road block?

Martianlander
01-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Monte Kiffin and Matt Millen******

PendingTransaction
01-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Melvin Smith

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Serious question. How would freeze have anything to do with who Dan hires. And are their actually people, not accusing you specifically but I have seen it mentioned, that actually think Allen would actually call freeze and give him the game plan? That's his job. And he is a professional. That would be like an Ole Miss graduate switching from McDonalds to Burger King and telling them the secret sauce is Thousand Island.

StThierry
01-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Serious question. How would freeze have anything to do with who Dan hires. And are their actually people, not accusing you specifically but I have seen it mentioned, that actually think Allen would actually call freeze and give him the game plan? That's his job. And he is a professional. That would be like an Ole Miss graduate switching from McDonalds to Burger King and telling them the secret sauce is Thousand Island.

Agree, if anyone were to do that their career above high school coaching would be over.

missouridawg
01-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Is Woody McCorvey interested? Asking for a friend.

maroonmania
01-06-2016, 10:33 AM

Guess I will have spell it out. I think its pretty obvious that Freeze would try to convince Allen of the great peril of his soul should he go to work for a Scientologist.***

spiritual_machine2005
01-06-2016, 10:44 AM
I think the concern with Allen is that he has worked with Freeze at multiple stops. There may be some loyalty there. Many believe that when OMs current DC retires, Allen would want back with Freeze. I have no idea if this is true or not.

Coach34
01-06-2016, 10:45 AM
Allen would more than double his salary to come to State. Freezus would really have to lay it on thick to convince him not to. Basically promise to fire Wommack or something like that

mparkerfd20
01-06-2016, 10:47 AM
Somebody that hasn't been named on here at DC... And Buckley at Safeties. I'm not overly impressed with Allen or Tucker.

thf24
01-06-2016, 10:55 AM
It would be extremely irregular and unprofessional for Freeze to try and block Allen, although I wouldn't put it past him based on plenty of other stuff he's done. In any case, it's not something that would have any bearing on a professional's decision. If we don't get Allen because of Freeze's influence, then he did us a favor.

CadaverDawg
01-06-2016, 10:55 AM
I really hope it's Allen & T Buck....glad ifyouonlyknew thinks it will be. I would be excited about that combo

maroonmania
01-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Probably in the minority but I want some guys that are dynamite recruiters first and foremost. We need that to balance off the mediocre recruiters we are now left with on staff. Yes, I want a competent DC but what's been keeping us from reaching the "next level" is not schemes but lack of upper class talent at all positions. I actually think Manny is an excellent schematic DC but we were still just an average defense for the most part this year. In today's college football you just have to have a certain number of difference makers on both sides of the ball to challenge the upper crust teams. With Mullen I think we will always have a reasonably well coached team and develop talent but players only have what potential they have no matter how much you develop them. So give me an elite recruiter as the Safety coach and the best combination of DC/recruiter we can find to lead the defense. Collins was a guy that did a decent job as a DC while being a recruiter as well so they do exist.

the59dawg
01-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Not a good look when "Dan" is guessing on these hires... LOL

Why would you be thinking 'Dan' is guessing enough for you to be posting this crap?

Really Clark?
01-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Why would you be thinking 'Dan' is guessing enough for you to be posting this crap?

Dude. It's a joke related to the orginal poster of this thread. Look under Ifyouonlyknew name at the original post. Aka Dan Mullen. Been a running joke that he is actually Mullen posting on this site be cause he has brought some very accurate info, before anyone else, several times in the past.

Political Hack
01-06-2016, 11:59 AM
Everybody has a thought & opinion on who we should hire. This thread is for who do you ultimately think will be hired.

My guess is Tom Allen as DC & Terrell Buckley as Safeties Coach.

Appears that way. Was hoping for Tucker but this may be a pleasant surprise in time.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-06-2016, 12:00 PM
I really hope it's Allen & T Buck....glad ifyouonlyknew thinks it will be. I would be excited about that combo

Me too, but I really hate to get my hopes up haha.

preachermatt83
01-06-2016, 12:02 PM
Ogre :cool:

ScoobaDawg
01-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Allen would more than double his salary to come to State. Freezus would really have to lay it on thick to convince him not to. Basically promise to fire Wommack or something like that

He would preach fire and brimstone and say something about his soul...

War Machine Dawg
01-06-2016, 12:05 PM
I want Tucker. I think it will be Allen at this point.

Liverpooldawg
01-06-2016, 12:15 PM
Whoever Mullen wants. That is a serious answer by the way.

Dallas_Dawg
01-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Is Woody McCorvey interested? Asking for a friend.
You know what's funny is Woody is Associate Athletic Director of football administration on Dabo Swinney's staff. Probably about to get a championship ring.
I'm sure Dabo keeps him far away from his quarterbacks though

Dawgbite
01-06-2016, 12:52 PM
Dude. It's a joke related to the orginal poster of this thread. Look under Ifyouonlyknew name at the original post. Aka Dan Mullen. Been a running joke that he is actually Mullen posting on this site be cause he has brought some very accurate info, before anyone else, several times in the past.

dan is just taking an informal poll of the "Brain Trust as it were" to help make the final decision. Its a lot easier to ask a group of experts than it is to read a bunch of resumes or sit through a bunch of interviews. Dan's only purpose in life is to please us so this just cuts to the chase.

yjnkdawg
01-06-2016, 01:43 PM
I agree with Allen and T Buck. Would be a great hire, I believe.

Spiderman
01-06-2016, 02:38 PM

Because Womack is winding it down and Allen will be Hugh's 1st choice for DC. Womack doesn't even recruit off campus. Allen is Freeze's boy. I was told Hugh would make it known that he would be OM's next DC if he is offered the State job, just to be patient. You are naive if you think Hugh would not try to dissuade Allen from going Freeze's main rival.

Again, not sure Mullen is even considering Allen

RealHastings
01-06-2016, 03:02 PM
Guys, Nostradamus has spoken. It's Coach O and it's a done deal.**

#Sources

TrapGame
01-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Because Womack is winding it down and Allen will be Hugh's 1st choice for DC. Womack doesn't even recruit off campus. Allen is Freeze's boy. I was told Hugh would make it known that he would be OM's next DC if he is offered the State job, just to be patient. You are naive if you think Hugh would not try to dissuade Allen from going Freeze's main rival.

Again, not sure Mullen is even considering Allen

Jesus, if that's the case Freeze would have never let him leave for Central Florida.

defiantdog
01-06-2016, 03:22 PM
It's looking like we'll be getting Allen for the next 2-3 years now.

Spiderman
01-06-2016, 05:09 PM
Jesus, if that's the case Freeze would have never let him leave for Central Florida.

Wrong, he got a DC job at a School Ole Miss doesn't play. He's getting the experience running his own D. A lot of difference there.

Maybe it leads to a bigger job, maybe he ends up at State, maybe he rejoins Freeze. Who knows? I'm just saying Freeze will work against it.

AGAIN!!!! Mullen might not have even talked to Allen or even be after him.

maroonmania
01-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Saw on the M&W nation site that supposedly Diaz owes us 265K back from the buyout in his contract. Nice little rebate at least for him skipping town again.

Todd4State
01-06-2016, 05:24 PM

Gene agrees.

Todd4State
01-06-2016, 05:25 PM
I think it's going to be Allen and Buckley.

Todd4State
01-06-2016, 05:28 PM
Wrong, he got a DC job at a School Ole Miss doesn't play. He's getting the experience running his own D. A lot of difference there.

Maybe it leads to a bigger job, maybe he ends up at State, maybe he rejoins Freeze. Who knows? I'm just saying Freeze will work against it.

AGAIN!!!! Mullen might not have even talked to Allen or even be after him.

It still would be smart for him to come to MSU financially and professionally. Freeze can still talk to him and hire him if he is our DC as well.

Dawgtini
01-06-2016, 05:30 PM
It still would be smart for him to come to MSU financially and professionally. Freeze can still talk to him and hire him if he is our DC as well.

Unless we put the same language Bert did in his arky contracts that prevents them from leaving to an SEC team. Not necessarily saying we should, but I wouldn't be against it if the target candidate would sign on with it.

ScottH
01-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Given all the known relationships it would be negligent to hire Allen without an enforceable noncompete.

sandwolf
01-06-2016, 05:45 PM

Just FYI, it is ok to refrain from posting when you have nothing to add to a thread.