PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk SEC Hoops

HailState39110
01-05-2016, 08:51 PM
A couple of quick observations as conference play has begun :

- South Carolina is undefeated and Frank Martin is the man . I was a year off but knew he was going to turn S Carolina into a winner . It's been a while since they've had a good basketball team in Columbia surrounded by all those ACC schools

- Last year you could tell Texas A&M and LSU were brining in some serious talent this year . A&M looks to be the real deal and we will probably get beat pretty good tomorrow by the recruiter and the new recruits he is responsible for .

-meanwhile LSU has their fab freshmen but are a head scratching 8-5 . Ben Simmons is the best player in the league as a freshman and will be the first player taken in the NBA draft

- Kentucky seems to be vulnerable and not nearly as good as some of Calapari's past teams

- going .500 in league play should be our goal this year considering how we played non conference . I'm ready for Howlands 2016 class to get to campus

runwildjerious
01-05-2016, 08:58 PM
A couple of quick observations as conference play has begun :

- South Carolina is undefeated and Frank Martin is the man . I was a year off but knew he was going to turn S Carolina into a winner . It's been a while since they've had a good basketball team in Columbia surrounded by all those ACC schools

- Last year you could tell Texas A&M and LSU were brining in some serious talent this year . A&M looks to be the real deal and we will probably get beat pretty good tomorrow by the recruiter and the new recruits he is responsible for .

-meanwhile LSU has their fab freshmen but are a head scratching 8-5 . Ben Simmons is the best player in the league as a freshman and will be the first player taken in the NBA draft

- Kentucky seems to be vulnerable and not nearly as good as some of Calapari's past teams

- going .500 in league play should be our goal this year considering how we played non conference . I'm ready for Howlands 2016 class to get to campus

Agree with you on the last point. Next year will be pretty exciting.

About South Carolina. I am not buying them at this point. They beat Memphis, but Pastner is the coaching-dead at this point. The are undefeated and ranked #22. They have not beat many good teams at all. However, their hot start has given their program confidence and it could result in a great year for them.

Irondawg
01-05-2016, 09:35 PM
If we can go 8-10 I think I'd honestly be pleased with that

Coach34
01-05-2016, 10:19 PM
LSU is the best team in the SEC- if JJ cant win it- he never will

Political Hack
01-05-2016, 10:56 PM
LSU is the best team in the SEC- if JJ cant win it- he never will

A&M is better.

big 12 will win it all. SEC is irrelevant this year in the grand scheme of things.

Coach34
01-05-2016, 11:00 PM
A&M is better.

big 12 will win it all. SEC is irrelevant this year in the grand scheme of things.

A&M wont beat LSU in BR

Political Hack
01-05-2016, 11:08 PM
A&M wont beat LSU in BR

Not if they play like they are tonight. They scored 44 points inside against UK. That's impressive. But this is the same team that started 7-5 too.

msstate7
01-05-2016, 11:10 PM
Not if they play like they are tonight. They scored 44 points inside against UK. That's impressive. But this is the same team that started 7-5 too.

Hasn't lsu had a lot of injuries and just now getting healthy?

It_Could_Happen
01-05-2016, 11:30 PM
LSU struggled early but finally starting to get a going. Nobody will want to play that team by tournament time.

Big4Dawg
01-05-2016, 11:33 PM
Man, it's a shame looking at our Ls.

Beat Southern (lost by 4), beat Tech (lost by 2), beat UMKC (lost by 5), and we look a whole lot better sitting at 10-3.

Dawg61
01-06-2016, 02:23 AM
Man, it's a shame looking at our Ls.

Beat Southern (lost by 4), beat Tech (lost by 2), beat UMKC (lost by 5), and we look a whole lot better sitting at 10-3.

Took a couple games before we realized we had to go zone.

MarketingBully
01-06-2016, 02:35 AM
Took a couple games before we realized we had to go zone.

Wasn't just that. Malik has just been able to really play like he is capable of and has recovered from his injury and we are finally sharing the ball. The turning point was that Florida State game. After that, we have played together and understood what roles we need to play to win. If we play A&M close or win tomorrow, that should give us confidence to compete with anyone. I'm very interested in how we will play tomorrow night.