PDA

View Full Version : Texas A & M AD stepping down

Really Clark?
01-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Just gave a vote of confidence on Sumlin a day or so ago. Now he is gone.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2016, 03:18 PM
Could be interesting to see if they go after the Ninja.

Ninja's dad was the AD at A&M for a number of years

mic
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Hey Scott call your agent .. Would be a great gig for you... Just think of all the money you could raise there....

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Hey Scot call your agent .. Would be a great gig for you... Just think of all the money you could raise there....

According to this guy, you may get your wish.lol

http://gridironnow.com/three-candidates-to-replace-eric-hyman-at-texas-am/

I wonder if Bjork is going to be in the mix?

I know that the Ole Miss network has at times had friction with Bjork because they are trying to do what they are doing & Bjork is a young AD that doesn't want to ruin his career.

I've heard lately that the Network is basically having to work around him & keep him out of everything

preachermatt83
01-05-2016, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't want to lose Strick. Wouldn't be devastated but would be nervous about who we would get. We could end up with another LT.

Jack Lambert
01-05-2016, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't want to lose Strick. Wouldn't be devastated but would be nervous about who we would get. We could end up with another LT.

LT did a lot of thing for the school early and we did get to the final four and SEC football championship under him. You have to give him some credit. I just think the position past him bye. He just didn't keep up with the changing times.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Here's my vote for the next AD

http://themovieblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/IMG_1973.jpg

ScottH
01-05-2016, 04:32 PM

Eric Hyman

I hear he's looking for a job plus he knows Adidas well.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-05-2016, 07:53 PM
LT did a lot of thing for the school early and we did get to the final four and SEC football championship under him. You have to give him some credit. I just think the position past him bye. He just didn't keep up with the changing times.

Your statement reminds me of many opening prayers I've heard over the years. "Either through me or in spite of me, speak to these, your people." I think the accomplishments you listed were more of the latter variety. Timpleton only hired Sherrill, the guy that got us that SEC West banner, at the behest of Z. Timpleton was the one that told Standsbury, "we'll be happy if you get us to the NIT every couple of years." Timpleton passed on Jimbo Fisher for a career NFL position coach that his own alma mater passed on just a few months earlier. Timpleton also passed on Steve Spurrier. Everything under his regime was done on the cheap. He should have been running a Dollar General, not an SEC Athletic Department.

Taog Redloh
01-05-2016, 08:03 PM
Why exactly is he stepping down? Football is really the only thing that needs fixing, and Sumlin will be fired next year. I don't get this. Basketball and baseball teams in great shape. Just got a brand new football stadium.

Coach34
01-05-2016, 08:08 PM
Your statement reminds me of many opening prayers I've heard over the years. "Either through me or in spite of me, speak to these, your people." I think the accomplishments you listed were more of the latter variety. Timpleton only hired Sherrill, the guy that got us that SEC West banner, at the behest of Z. Timpleton was the one that told Standsbury, "we'll be happy if you get us to the NIT every couple of years." Timpleton passed on Jimbo Fisher for a career NFL position coach that his own alma mater passed on just a few months earlier. Timpleton also passed on Steve Spurrier. Everything under his regime was done on the cheap. He should have been running a Dollar General, not an SEC Athletic Department.

Very well said

Templeton was also made to hire Stands. Stands had the Big Boys on his side and LT was seriously considering hiring Dwayne Reboul. LT's best hire that he made without being told to do so was Polk II- and that wasnt really a good one.

Political Hack
01-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Jackie Wayne for AD!!!!!

QuadrupleOption
01-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Very well said

Templeton was also made to hire Stands. Stands had the Big Boys on his side and LT was seriously considering hiring Dwayne Reboul. LT's best hire that he made without being told to do so was Polk II- and that wasnt really a good one.

Yeah but I think if anyone but Polk had been hired after McMahon left there would have been a riot. Polk had just gotten Georgia to the World Series if you recall so at the time it looked like a good hire.