PDA

View Full Version : Jones Declares for NFL

CJDAWG85
01-05-2016, 03:05 PM
Per Facebook.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Good for Chris. I expect once everything shakes out, he'll be a late 1st round pick or mid to early 2nd. He'll do well, so long as he plays hard.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2016, 03:14 PM
I don't get it.... Had better stats than Kimchee

Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 20s21 seconds ago
Dan Wolken Retweeted BELK BOWL CHAMPS
Big-time talent, but never seemed to quite live up to the hype.

Chase Goodbread ‏@ChaseGoodbread 2m2 minutes ago
Definitely pro physical traits for MSU DL Jones, production didn't always match skills though.

BrunswickDawg
01-05-2016, 03:18 PM

Definitely pro physical traits for MSU DL Jones, production didn't always match skills though.

They measure production in stories fallen, tip jars raided, bongs smoked, and frat boys punched.

RC3
i hope he dominates the combine. I bet a friend of mine in the fall of 2014 that he would be a first round pick when he got drafted. he said there is absolutely no way and i thought it was easy money at the time...hell i thought he was going to be in the top half of the first round. he still will have that chance to creep up the board. all going to depend on his combine i guess

Interpolation_Dawg_EX

All about perception and we do a shitty job of controlling it.

Congrats to CJ. Another MSU and State of Mississippi kid that gets a shot at the big time.

Sacrifice
01-05-2016, 03:20 PM

He's gotten a reputation for taking plays off. I thought he was a lot better this year though. Either way he's gonna make crazy money, good luck to him.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2016, 03:21 PM
i hope he dominates the combine. I bet a friend of mine in the fall of 2014 that he would be a first round pick when he got drafted. he said there is absolutely no way and i thought it was easy money at the time...hell i thought he was going to be in the top half of the first round. he still will have that chance to creep up the board. all going to depend on his combine i guess

Chris is a 1st round talent, but his biggest obstacle will be how many plays he talks off when the scouts watch his film.

Chris was a good player for us, but it's hard to teach passion, love of the game, & leadership. Not saying the Chris lacks any of those three, but I don't believe he's above average in any of them. Good player that will need to learn how to be a professional

Count
01-05-2016, 03:28 PM
Great Defensive Lineman, Will play Def End at the next level . Meant a lot to the program

Irondawg
01-05-2016, 03:33 PM
If he doesn't find a way to get into at least the 2nd round then it was (at least financially) probably a mistake coming out now. There's a huge drop in guaranteed money when you slip past the first two rounds.

Really Clark?
01-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Great Defensive end. Meant a lot to the program

Your posts are kind of strange. Great end? He was a defensive tackle.

Homedawg
01-05-2016, 03:40 PM
Your posts are kind of strange. Great end? He was a defensive tackle.

Either a rebel troll or someone who doesn't pay attention and has no clue. Or both.

KB21
01-05-2016, 03:44 PM
He's another Fletcher Cox. It will not surprise me once scouts really take a look at him and Nkemdiche that Jones goes before Nkemdiche.

mic
01-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Who has a better pro career ???
Jones or Nkdemechie

My $$ is on CJ...

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2016, 03:48 PM
He's another Fletcher Cox. It will not surprise me once scouts really take a look at him and Nkemdiche that Jones goes before Nkemdiche.

Only if Nkemdiche comes up with some more red flags in his background because he's going to kill the combine & GM's & Scouts are going to fall in love with him again.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2016, 03:55 PM
Who has a better pro career ???
Jones or Nkdemechie

My $$ is on CJ...

Frankly, I think the answer to this question will come down to which player loves the game more & figures out how to be professional. I don't see the answer being determined by talent.

Kimchee is something between Ricky Williams & Greg Hardy & CJ is something between Fletcher Cox & post getting paid Albert Haynesworth. Both have their flaws that will need to be ironed out in order for either to have long term success

FISHDAWG
01-05-2016, 04:01 PM
He's gotten a reputation for taking plays off. I thought he was a lot better this year though. Either way he's gonna make crazy money, good luck to him.

I don't care who you are ... unless you're the waterboy, everybody takes plays off ... no way anyone can go 100% for 80-90 plays

RealHastings
01-05-2016, 04:05 PM

Kimchee equals superman
CJ does not equals superman

Count
01-05-2016, 04:06 PM
I think Chris Jones is the better player. I believe Kemdichie probably played stoned half the time

Count
01-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Either a rebel troll or someone who doesn't pay attention and has no clue. Or both.

haha I will gladly take a polygraph. kinda twitchy are you.

Political Hack
01-05-2016, 05:07 PM
1) his production never hit his talent level. That's an accurate statement.

2) Kimchee's production was closer to the short bus talent level than it was a lottery pick, but that has nothing to do with CJ.

CJ should've come back IMO, but Fletch left in a similar situation and it worked out great for him. There are some people that should go. JRob made the right decision. His stock had no chance at drastically improving. Dak should've possibly gone last year but in the end I think he will have made the right decision. The drop in his INts will be key when scouts look at him. Even though Will got hurt it was smart for him to come back. He elevated his draft slot.

LC Dawg
01-05-2016, 05:13 PM

I agree with both tweets and look forward to watching Jones in the NFL. He's a Bulldog and will most likely represent us well.

louisvilledawg
01-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Definitely think "Count" is a troll. He's been a member for a year and a half and has only posted 10 times? Plus most of the stuff he says is illogical and vague.

TUSK
01-05-2016, 07:16 PM
Any of you draft gurus have a clue on if/when Bammer's front 3 (Robinson, Reed, Allen) will be drafted? I'd love for Robinson or Allen to return...

OurState
01-05-2016, 09:18 PM
If he doesn't find a way to get into at least the 2nd round then it was (at least financially) probably a mistake coming out now. There's a huge drop in guaranteed money when you slip past the first two rounds.

Going at the top of the second can be much better than going late in the first bc you become a FA a year earlier. Under the current construct you can't get rich on you dolor at contract. The NFLOA ****ed the rookies.

Todd4State
01-05-2016, 09:39 PM
Only if Nkemdiche comes up with some more red flags in his background because he's going to kill the combine & GM's & Scouts are going to fall in love with him again.

Nkemdiche has more red flags than China.

Taog Redloh
01-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Any of you draft gurus have a clue on if/when Bammer's front 3 (Robinson, Reed, Allen) will be drafted? I'd love for Robinson or Allen to return...
Nobody freakin' cares, dude. Go google Mel Kiper.

Dawg61
01-05-2016, 10:05 PM
They measure production in stories fallen, tip jars raided, bongs smoked, and frat boys punched.

Lol you have become funny lately. I like it!!

Coach34
01-05-2016, 10:06 PM
The NFL is going to investigate Kimchee hard- I've already seen an article saying a GM will tell his people taking him before 20 is insane...He will fall once his skeletons come to light. But he is still a talented mf'er- no matter how ****ed up he is.

Jones is talented and played a damn good DT the 2nd half of the season. I cant explain why he was so much better the 2nd half- but scouts will ask alot of questions. Jones is valuable because he can play a 4-3 DT or a 3-4 DE. If he busts his ass for the combine- he can get in the 1st round late.

Makes for an interesting April. I said Kimchee would not be top 15 pick- I stand by it.

TUSK
01-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Nobody freakin' cares, dude. Go google Mel Kiper.

with all due respect, Mr. Goat... fvck off....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVTpCViyUwM

msstate7
01-05-2016, 10:21 PM
We've had 2 declare early. Ohio state has had 9 so far... Wow.

Dallas_Dawg
01-05-2016, 10:30 PM
Tusk, Ashawn will go After Kimchee but before Chris Jones, IMO. He could be top 20 before said and done.
Not sure about Allen.
And I bet Nkemdiche goes in the 1st 15 picks. Folks were saying last year that Jameis Winston wouldn't be a top 5 pick and he went number 1 overall. As a quarterback