Really Clark?
01-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Nm

msstate7
01-05-2016, 12:50 PM
Herman is building a program there

Taog Redloh
01-05-2016, 12:51 PM
Houston deserves a power 5 conference invite. I thought that long before this past year.

Jack Lambert
01-05-2016, 12:52 PM
Herman is building a program there

I think they are putting themselves into position to get into the Big 12. I wish the Big 12 would take A&M back.

Cabo32
01-05-2016, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately for Allen..he'll never be able to play under Herman. He'll be the #1 coach for any school that's looking next year

Jack Lambert
01-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately for Allen..he'll never be able to play under Herman. He'll be the #1 coach for any school that's looking next year

Houston might be committed like TCU was and come up with the money to keep him around. Hell you see where TCU is now. They were C-USA or Mountain West or something like that and now they are one of the best Big 12 teams. Houston could end up in a P5 soon.

chef dixon
01-05-2016, 03:53 PM
He won't beat out Greg Ward

Really Clark?
01-05-2016, 04:03 PM
He won't beat out Greg Ward

He still will have time left to take over afterwards though.

ShotgunDawg
01-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Houston might be committed like TCU was and come up with the money to keep him around. Hell you see where TCU is now. They were C-USA or Mountain West or something like that and now they are one of the best Big 12 teams. Houston could end up in a P5 soon.

Main difference between Houston & TCU is academics. Houston is often made fun of in Texas, due to lower academic standards, while TCU is very respected.

Furthermore, Houston is somewhat of a commuter school, like UCF or South Florida

It's basically USM with more students & money

Joe Schmedlap
01-05-2016, 04:14 PM
UH is most definitely a commuter school. It's like Memphis.

Jack Lambert
01-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Main difference between Houston & TCU is academics. Houston is often made fun of in Texas, due to lower academic standards, while TCU is very respected.

Furthermore, Houston is somewhat of a commuter school, like UCF or South Florida

It's basically USM with more students & money

What I was saying is they are very committed to football now. They are trying to position them self to get into a P-5 much like TCU did. I don't think a P5 will worry too much about the academics if the schools has a good football program and is committed to putting money into it. I wasn't trying to compare TCU to Houston on the school part just the committed part to football.

1bigdawg
01-05-2016, 04:57 PM
The problem with Houston getting into a P5 conference is media markets. The Big 12 and SEC already have more viewership in Houston than they do and so do not need them. Who else might want them: PAC, B1G, ACC? The only viable solution is the Big 12 if they cannot get two other teams to expand to 12. They are supposedly talking to Cincinnati to give WV a regional rival and to get into Ohio and BYU. There is some sentiment for Colorado State if they cannot get BYU.

Johnson85
01-05-2016, 05:54 PM
The problem with Houston getting into a P5 conference is media markets. The Big 12 and SEC already have more viewership in Houston than they do and so do not need them. Who else might want them: PAC, B1G, ACC? The only viable solution is the Big 12 if they cannot get two other teams to expand to 12. They are supposedly talking to Cincinnati to give WV a regional rival and to get into Ohio and BYU. There is some sentiment for Colorado State if they cannot get BYU.

I think you're mostly right, but I think Houston still graduates a ton of students. If Houston is good, the Big 12 might take them in the hopes that more of their graduates will become fans when the compete in the Big 12. Definitely not ideal to have UT, TCU, Houston, and Texas Tech in the Texas market, but at the same time, if you are giong to be over represented in a market, Texas is a good one to do it in.