PDA

View Full Version : Men's bb schedule

KentuckyDawg13
01-05-2016, 10:38 AM
is pretty tough. Many away games at the beginning of the SEC schedule (5 of 8). And mostly Tuesday night weekday games, not many Wednesdays. What's up with that?!? I can never recall so many Tuesday night games...was this a Rick Ray thing?

engie
01-05-2016, 10:41 AM
is pretty tough. Many away games at the beginning of the SEC schedule (5 of 8). And mostly Tuesday night weekday games, not many Wednesdays. What's up with that?!? I can never recall so many Tuesday night games...was this a Rick Ray thing?

The SEC tells us what our in-conference schedule will be. We don't get to pick and choose for the most part. So it's probably more of an LT thing.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2016, 10:47 AM
Also a TV thing. Trying to get as many SEC games on the tube as possible.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 10:52 AM
If we can get through these first four games with a 2-2 record, it would be big. We have great chances with Tennessee at home and Arkansas on the road (they are a real young team). I'd say no chance to win at UK. Will really be interesting if we can get a win tomorrow. A big home crowd would be huge for the team and give us a better chance to win. I think we will keep it close against A&M.

shannondawg
01-05-2016, 11:06 AM
They beat Ark by 20+ and that is always a big home crowd and tough place to play. I hope you are correct.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 11:08 AM
They beat Ark by 20+ and that is always a big home crowd and tough place to play. I hope you are correct.

A&M played Arkansas at home not at Bud Walton for what it's worth.

shannondawg
01-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Well i was correct that Ark is a tough place to play, and they were beat by 20+. Damm thats 2 out of 3.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Well i was correct that Ark is a tough place to play, and they were beat by 20+. Damm thats 2 out of 3.

Yes, you are correct Arkansas is a tough place to play but I thought you were saying A&M won on the road at Bud Walton. Arkansas has lost a few games at home this year and is very young so I think we have a shot. A&M is probably the second best team in the league so we should find out a lot about our team tomorrow night. If we keep it close and have a chance to win, that might be a foreshadowing of being able to put together a .500 record in conference play. If we can continue to share the ball like we have the past two games and avoid foul trouble, we will have a chance IMO.

shannondawg
01-05-2016, 12:29 PM
I did say that they had played at Ark, I knew better than that, but when I first saw the score, I thought to myself if they beat them at the Bud, they are really tough , then realized it was on their home court. Senior moment on my post.

Their game with the cats this year will be something to watch. Hope they get them at home.

Dawg Corps
01-05-2016, 12:40 PM
Is the game tomorrow night on SEC network? Wish I could make it to the hump.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Is the game tomorrow night on SEC network? Wish I could make it to the hump.

Yep, 7:30 pm CST on SECN.

MSUDawg99
01-05-2016, 05:58 PM
It's still Christmas break for students so I'm not sure how many will show up versus how many usually show up. We need that placed packed out! Doing that tribute to Stans before the game tomo night too.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-05-2016, 11:46 PM
The reason for the Tuesday night games looks like SEC network is doing a two for Tuesday deal this year.

It_Could_Happen
01-06-2016, 01:45 AM
Arkansas is really bad. People here are ready to run Anderson out of town. I know they won tonight but Vandy had 25 turnovers. Should be a win for us even though it's at Arky.

Coach34
01-06-2016, 03:37 AM
Arkansas is really bad. People here are ready to run Anderson out of town. I know they won tonight but Vandy had 25 turnovers. Should be a win for us even though it's at Arky.

Gonna be hard for anybody to beat UPig at home. Probably an L for us

MarketingBully
01-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Gonna be hard for anybody to beat UPig at home. Probably an L for us

Yeah, that's why teams like Akron and Mercer beat them at Bud this year. Look, we might lose to them there but don't act like they are unbeatable there this year. If you turn the ball over, you will lose. If you take care of the ball, you win. It's the same every year when you play Arkansas only this year, they don't have an NBA player on their roster.

WPS
01-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Yeah, that's why teams like Akron and Mercer beat them at Bud this year. Look, we might lose to them there but don't act like they are unbeatable there this year. If you turn the ball over, you will lose. If you take care of the ball, you win. It's the same every year when you play Arkansas only this year, they don't have an NBA player on their roster.

The Mercer game was actually in North Little Rock, but yeah we aren't very good this year. We've lost some overtime games and blew a 17 point lead against Stanford but there just isn't much talent. Our best chance of winning games is if we get hot from 3 and/or Kingsley goes off.

Coach34
01-06-2016, 01:44 PM

its always different once SEC play starts. With 9
home game- UPig will go no less than 6-3