PDA

View Full Version : Garrison Brooks

It_Could_Happen
01-05-2016, 01:03 AM
Does not have State in his top 3 Apperantly. One of my friends read that on 24/7 tonight. I'm a George fan... But if you can't sign your own son, something needs to be done.

It_Could_Happen
01-05-2016, 01:05 AM
Just found on Twitter he named a top 3 of UAB, Vandy, and UGA

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 03:40 AM
He is a junior. That list really means nothing. We also are in the running for the #2 player in the country next year who plays his same position (Wendell Carter). If we miss on that kid, we will get Brooks I have no doubts. We basically will get who we want in basketball I have no doubts.

messageboardsuperhero
01-05-2016, 08:03 AM
When, not if. My concern level on this one is zero.

msstate7
01-05-2016, 08:10 AM
How many can we take next season? Are brooks and weatherspoon automatic takes?

C222
01-05-2016, 08:12 AM
How many can we take next season? Are brooks and weatherspoon automatic takes?

4 assuming we don't sign anyone else for 2016. And yes, both takes.

engie
01-05-2016, 09:24 AM
Does not have State in his top 3 Apperantly. One of my friends read that on 24/7 tonight. I'm a George fan... But if you can't sign your own son, something needs to be done.

Yeah -- everyone on 247 buys it too.
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20160105-dvva-61kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20160105-dvva-61kb)

Quit trolling yourself.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2016, 09:32 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/wuqeb.jpg

AROB44
01-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Let's see what we can find so we can have a meltdown !!! Any excuse will do.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-05-2016, 09:36 AM
Garrison and Weatherspoon are locks assuming Howland wants them.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 09:45 AM
Garrison and Weatherspoon are locks assuming Howland wants them.

Agreed, not sure why people are questioning Howland's recruiting after he pulled in the #6 class in the country and will continue to pull in top 10 classes as long as he is here.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 09:48 AM
4 assuming we don't sign anyone else for 2016. And yes, both takes.

I think only two will be open. I don't think any of the players we have next year are one and dones and I think we grab one more PF either from JUCO or via other means.

engie
01-05-2016, 09:59 AM
I think only two will be open. I don't think any of the players we have next year are one and dones and I think we grab one more PF either from JUCO or via other means.

There will be at least 3 regardless IMO. Malik and Ready are either/or for next season IMO. I see 6 incoming signees and the big 3 from last class with guaranteed spots, leaving at least 4 potential openings. I do think we try to grab a late PF in this class though...

djaymsu5
01-05-2016, 10:11 AM
He is a junior. That list really means nothing. We also are in the running for the #2 player in the country next year who plays his same position (Wendell Carter). If we miss on that kid, we will get Brooks I have no doubts. We basically will get who we want in basketball I have no doubts.

Carter is nasty. You think we have a real shot at him? Seems like people think he's Dukes to lose at this point.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 10:20 AM
Carter is nasty. You think we have a real shot at him? Seems like people think he's Dukes to lose at this point.

We are at least in the discussion with him and I would not bet against Coach Howland and Coach McCray in the Atlanta area. With Kentucky getting all of the players they got, it wouldn't surprise me if we got in the discussion with Simmons as well for this class. I know those are perceived long shots but IMO you just never know when you have a great recruiter like McCray and a closer like Howland. We haven't seen recruiting like theirs period in any sport.

ScottH
01-05-2016, 10:26 AM
If Howland swings at Top 5's like Carter, he'll get one now and then.

That's rarified air but it's refreshing to give it a try.

You have to swing at one to get one.

djaymsu5
01-05-2016, 10:30 AM
With Howlands pedigree I have no doubt we can get him as long as we build a solid relationship with him. The good thing is we have the 2016 class coming in and maybe they can get us rolling next year if we don't finish how we would like this year.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-05-2016, 10:34 AM
HA...We won't get Wendell Carter! That's funny right there

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-05-2016, 10:36 AM
the last prediction was November.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 10:44 AM
With Howlands pedigree I have no doubt we can get him as long as we build a solid relationship with him. The good thing is we have the 2016 class coming in and maybe they can get us rolling next year if we don't finish how we would like this year.

What people don't understand is coaches like McCray and Howland already have relationships with some of these kids as they have been recruiting them at other places and McCray had been training some of the kids in Atlanta before taking our job. We may not land them but like ScottH said above if we are able to snag one or two that is all it takes. If you build a solid base of four stars (we will have 8-9 next year) and are able to snag 1-2 five stars in there to compliment that base, that is the way to recruit for championships. If Howland keeps recruiting at the level he is, I have no doubt he can take us to the final four and beyond.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Carter is an extreme extreme long shot. We will live off the top 30-100 kids. We're not going to go head up with & beat the Kentucky's, Duke's, or Kansas's of the world (unless it's an instate kid). Get the guys in that tier just below & we will eat good as long as Howland is here.

MarketingBully
01-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Carter is an extreme extreme long shot. We will live off the top 30-100 kids. We're not going to go head up with & beat the Kentucky's, Duke's, or Kansas's of the world (unless it's an instate kid). Get the guys in that tier just below & we will eat good as long as Howland is here.

I don't disagree. My point is build the 30-100 base (aka the 4 stars) and snag 1-2 five star kids every now and then. That is how Florida built their basketball program with Donovan and won two national championships with that method. Howland did that as well at UCLA and as we know went to three straight final fours.

Coach34
01-05-2016, 07:20 PM

which begs the question:

Could Hevesy recruit his own son if he was an offensive lineman from out of state????

CadaverDawg
01-05-2016, 07:59 PM
which begs the question:

Could Hevesy recruit his own son if he was an offensive lineman from out of state????

Haha, Not if he was a 4 star or higher.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-Amused-Chuckle-Chuffed-Pleased-Point-Point-and-laugh-GIF.gif?gs=a

War Machine Dawg
01-05-2016, 08:27 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2016, 09:25 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CadaverDawg again.

Haha right back atcha WMD