PDA

View Full Version : Malik Clark - 2016 OL from Louisiana

CadaverDawg
01-04-2016, 07:14 PM
I hear he's coming for a visit. Anybody know anything about him? Predicted to LSU but only a 2 star? Not graded yet?

http://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Clark-78323

msstate7
01-04-2016, 07:19 PM
Who says we can't get stars out-of-state and olinemen? We're bout to get 4 stars worth of olinemen from Louisiana... Cushenberry (2*) + Clark (2*) = 4*

I'm joking... I want cushenberry and know nothing about Clark

starkvegasdawg
01-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Maybe we can hold off Grambling.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2016, 08:09 PM
Clark had interest from multiple SEC schools (MSU, OM, Missouri, LSU) until it became obvious he wasn't going to qualify. There was talk he may enroll in Juco in January but ULL & Memphis are saying they can get him in without juco. He's a very solid player.

msstate7
01-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Clark had interest from multiple SEC schools (MSU, OM, Missouri, LSU) until it became obvious he wasn't going to qualify. There was talk he may enroll in Juco in January but ULL & Memphis are saying they can get him in without juco. He's a very solid player.

Can we get him in?

Bucky Dog
01-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Can we get him in?

Yes, let's hire David Saunders***

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2016, 08:14 PM
Can we get him in?

He's not gonna get into a SEC school.

msstate7
01-04-2016, 08:18 PM
He's not gonna get into a SEC school.

Then we're probably wasting time. If Memphis and ULL can get him cleared, he'll sign there, right?

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 08:24 PM
Then we're probably wasting time. If Memphis and ULL can get him cleared, he'll sign there, right?

Not if we can send him to our AAA affiliate at Co-Lin.

msstate7
01-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Not if we can send him to our AAA affiliate at Co-Lin.

Just seems like the kid would go to Memphis or ULL before juco, but maybe not

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Just seems like the kid would go to Memphis or ULL before juco, but maybe not

Well, I guess it depends on his opinion. Is it better to play two years in the SEC or four at a non-power five? And I imagine it's not a slam dunk he qualifies for ULL or Memphis either. It would probably behoove him IMO to commit to us and reserve a place on a SEC team and go the JUCO route.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2016, 08:35 PM
Is it just me, or does everyone else feel like we are the redheaded step child that has to wait for everyone else to get their food before us?

Problem is, it's sold to us by website guys & our administration that we should just be happy to be at the table.

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 08:43 PM
Is it just me, or does everyone else feel like we are the redheaded step child that has to wait for everyone else to get their food before us?

Problem is, it's sold to us by website guys & our administration that we should just be happy to be at the table.

Well yeah. But it's a balancing act for those guys because on one hand they are supposed to support whomever but I guarantee you they see and agree with a lot of us about many things even if they don't say it on a message board or in public.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2016, 08:43 PM

Naw I don't