PDA

View Full Version : the Tucker rumor could very well be true then

Coach34
01-04-2016, 06:02 PM
If Steve is hearing no Buckley- then the Tucker rumor must be correct. Tucker coaches DB's

Got to look for a LB coach

Big4Dawg
01-04-2016, 06:17 PM
I would do dirty things for this to happen:

1. Mel Tucker as DC & Safeties coach
2. Lance Thompson as LB coach, Recruiting Coordinator, & Co-DC, and whatever other title he wants to get him to come.
3. Sallach to Sleepy's old job
4. Reed Stringer as TE/ST Coach

Msujd164
01-04-2016, 06:26 PM
Was Thompson not just hired at USC East? What makes everyone think he is going to bolt USC for another position gig here?

Dawgtini
01-04-2016, 06:26 PM

2. Lance Thompson as LB coach, Recruiting Coordinator, & Co-DC, and whatever other title he wants to get him to come.

Big4Dawg
01-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Was Thompson not just hired at USC East? What makes everyone think he is going to bolt USC for another position gig here?

Because he is just the DL coach there. Maybe calling him Co-DC will make him come. It worked w/ Wilson when he was DL coach of OU.

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Because he is just the DL coach there. Maybe calling him Co-DC will make him come. It worked w/ Wilson when he was DL coach of OU.

He is also the assitant head coach for the defense (title) as well as DL coach. Anything short of DC here would be considered a lateral move.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2016, 06:40 PM
You know, I've always liked safety coaches as DCs.

Saban, Smart, & Muschamp were all safeties coaches. I think much like catchers in baseball, safety coaches in football have an advantage in being a DC because everything takes place in front of them & they can see how blitzes & everything else effects the game. Whereas, DL coaches like Ogre, only see what's in front of them.

I realize all these guys watch the same film, but I've always felt safety coaches are a little more instinctual in calling sound defenses.

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 06:43 PM
It could be Hopson as the safeties coach. And then Allen or Thompson as DC/LB coach.

deltadawg99
01-04-2016, 06:44 PM
Obviously Tucker is a stud DB coach, but what kind of defense did he run when he was DC in the NFL?

I'd be down with hiring him and brining in LB/RC

Statefan
01-04-2016, 06:46 PM
It could be Hopson as the safeties coach. And then Allen or Thompson as DC/LB coach.

From all the rumors and stuff And Cadavers thread, I can't help but think it's going to be Allen + Hopson

Coursesuper
01-04-2016, 07:01 PM

Only problem with this is Sleepy ain't goin anywhere!

MadisonDawg
01-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Only problem with this is Sleepy ain't goin anywhere!

Sleepy wants to get back into coaching, he's gone.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Worst case scenario...seems about right

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-04-2016, 07:34 PM
Where is Stringer currently?

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 07:37 PM

ULL left with Hud

Sacrifice
01-04-2016, 07:38 PM
Am I missing something with Tucker? His record as a DC in the NFL is really bad. I can't find anything in his Bio that indicates he'd be a good DC for us.

MabenMaroon
01-04-2016, 07:39 PM
thought that it was already announced that Sleepy was joining Tony Hughes at JSU ( at least t seems like I read this amongst all of this speculation, wishing, wanting, hoping and other nonsense concerning ass coaches )

AFDawg
01-04-2016, 07:39 PM

He's with Hud down in the land of America's favorite fightin' Frenchman.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-04-2016, 07:42 PM
ULL left with Hud

Thanks, hopefully no bridges were burned. From his bio:
Being recognized for his recruiting efforts is nothing new to Stringer, a native of Canton, Miss. In 2009, he was named one of the SEC’s “Top 10 Recruiters” by Rivals.com for his contributions to Mississippi State’s nationally-ranked class which produced 12 players who signed NFL contracts and also included Cincinnati Red’s centerfielder Billy Hamilton.

Coach34
01-04-2016, 07:50 PM
From all the rumors and stuff And Cadavers thread, I can't help but think it's going to be Allen + Hopson

Possibly- but T-Buck was interested early on. He could have said no here recently- but we didnt drop T-Buck for Hopson- I assure you.

I agree its likely Allen or Tucker- but if Steve is hearing T-Buck suddenly out of the picture, that leads me to believe we may have convinced Tucker

Sleepy was leaving with Tony- but Mullen and many of us as well didnt want him to go. So Sleepy may be moving onto the field with us- Sallach reassigned. Lots of stuff going on right now with lots of moving parts- especially with Crootin going on

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Am I missing something with Tucker? His record as a DC in the NFL is really bad. I can't find anything in his Bio that indicates he'd be a good DC for us.

It doesn't translate necessarily between the NFL and college. He had some good defenses at Cleveland and when he took over play calling in JAC they improved at lot. Rio called the plays his first two years their. He was the co-DC at Ohio State in 2004 when they finished 20th nationally. Chicago was not good. He is also a very good recruiter. Brought in some great players during his college days. Remember he is the guy that took over for Todd Grantham and I know most on here think Grantham is a good college DC. He had some tough years in the pros as well. There were many at USCw that didn't want Carroll because of his track record in the pros. Worked out well. Monte Kiffin wasn't as effective in the college game.

Sacrifice
01-04-2016, 08:04 PM
It doesn't translate necessarily between the NFL and college. He had some good defenses at Cleveland and when he took over play calling in JAC they improved at lot. Rio called the plays his first two years their. He was the co-DC at Ohio State in 2004 when they finished 20th nationally. Chicago was not good. He is also a very good recruiter. Brought in some great players during his college days. Remember he is the guy that took over for Todd Grantham and I know most on here think Grantham is a good college DC. He had some tough years in the pros as well. There were many at USCw that didn't want Carroll because of his track record in the pros. Worked out well. Monte Kiffin wasn't as effective in the college game.

He was the DC at Cleveland for one year and they ranked 26th in total D that year. His stints at Jacksonville and Chicago weren't much better and If I remember right, Mark Snyder was the main DC that year at OSU. I know Tucker was the Co-DC but Snyder ran the show. Kiffin and Carrol were both damn good DC in the NFL. I get the recruiting angle, I'm just not seeing much success when he ran the show as a DC.

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 08:21 PM
He was the DC at Cleveland for one year and they ranked 26th in total D that year. His stints at Jacksonville and Chicago weren't much better and If I remember right, Mark Snyder was the main DC that year at OSU. I know Tucker was the Co-DC but Snyder ran the show. Kiffin and Carrol were both damn good DC in the NFL. I get the recruiting angle, I'm just not seeing much success when he ran the show as a DC.

His Cleveland defense was also 15th that year in scoring. His first year of calling the defense at JAC they were 10th in scoring. And I've already said the Chicago years were bad. Kiffin was a good DC in the NFL. Not so much for the college game. Reverse is true for Grantham. It's just not close to an apples to apples comparison. And I was speaking of Carroll being considered a questionable hire at USC because of him being fired in the NFL. There are many examples like this. He is still has a good reputation in the league for his DB unit's and is still thought of as a very good defensive mind. It would be a slight gamble but much less riskier than Thompson or especially Orgeron.

Sacrifice
01-04-2016, 08:34 PM
His Cleveland defense was also 15th that year in scoring. His first year of calling the defense at JAC they were 10th in scoring. And I've already said the Chicago years were bad. Kiffin was a good DC in the NFL. Not so much for the college game. Reverse is true for Grantham. It's just not close to an apples to apples comparison. And I was speaking of Carroll being considered a questionable hire at USC because of him being fired in the NFL. There are many examples like this. He is still has a good reputation in the league for his DB unit's and is still thought of as a very good defensive mind. It would be a slight gamble but much less riskier than Thompson or especially Orgeron.

Ok I was looking at total D and in 7 years as a DC he's only had one D finish higher than 23rd in the NFL. He just seems like a big gamble to me, seems like we could find somebody with a better track record as a DC.

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 08:38 PM

That's what I am thinking too. It seems like Rosebowl and Paul are "mentioning" Hopson's name a lot. May not be anything to it, but I think they may be preparing fans for Hopson coming in and Buckley not coming in.

We'll see.

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Ok I was looking at total D and in 7 years as a DC he's only had one D finish higher than 23rd in the NFL. He just seems like a big gamble to me, seems like we could find somebody with a better track record as a DC.

Honestly, I agree with you. To me, it just seems like Allen is the safest pick of the three. Tucker could be good though.

AFDawg
01-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Do the recent ULL shenanigans prevent hiring Stringer?

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 08:46 PM
That's what I am thinking too. It seems like Rosebowl and Paul are "mentioning" Hopson's name a lot. May not be anything to it, but I think they may be preparing fans for Hopson coming in and Buckley not coming in.

We'll see.

Throwing Jay a bone getting his name out there?

was21
01-04-2016, 08:48 PM
Association with Hudspeth is not good....damaged goods

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 08:51 PM
Honestly, I agree with you. To me, it just seems like Allen is the safest pick of the three. Tucker could be good though.

I agree with that. I think there are pluses and minuses between Tucker and Allen making them pretty close. Allen has only one official DC year. Tucker is also a good recruiter. Etc

Sacrifice
01-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Whoever our new DC is, if he comes out playing that bend but don't break defense with th DBs playing 7-10 yards off the receiver, I'm literally gonna throw up on myself.

somebodyshotmypaw
01-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Do the recent ULL shenanigans prevent hiring Stringer?

Stringer is not a big Mullen fan. When Mullen was hired, lots of coaches were sent packing immediately. But Stringer wasn't booted until February, making it too late for him to find a job elsewhere. He stayed a year doing desk work because of it. Mullen kept him until February because he was the big recruiter for that class. He can recruit. He was the Sun Belt recruiter of the year.

Coach34
01-04-2016, 09:16 PM
I'm pretty sure its going to be Tucker and we are going to hire a LB coach

Coursesuper
01-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Whoever our new DC is, if he comes out playing that bend but don't break defense with th DBs playing 7-10 yards off the receiver, I'm literally gonna throw up on myself.

Well; get ready for it, if you haven't noticed this is the same base defense we have played since day one of Mullen era.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-04-2016, 09:18 PM
I am happy with this if so

bobcat91
01-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Mark Snyder LB coach

Coach34
01-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Mark Snyder LB coach

lol- you heard that too huh? That seems to be the thought process- and Snyder does ST's too

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Mark Snyder LB coach

Lmao. It's impossible to stop information from hitting this board. Is it always here first?

BHildreth3
01-04-2016, 09:27 PM
I just heard it was Coach34 for DC and Hack as the DB coach.

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Throwing Jay a bone getting his name out there?

Sure seems like it. May be nothing to it but it just seems like they mention his name a lot.

Coach34
01-04-2016, 09:29 PM

Recruiting would improve...and we would switch to a 4-2-5 cause thats all I know how to coach well defensively. I'm an offensive guy primarily

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 09:30 PM

Everyone of our DBs would be ejected for targeting before the 2nd quarter. The good news would be that we took correct angles before getting ejected.

I seen it dawg
01-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Paging preacher....paging preacher.....ogre is waiting for you in Baton Rouge

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Recruiting would improve...and we would switch to a 4-2-5 cause thats all I know how to coach well defensively. I'm an offensive guy primarily

Top 5 class every year... Would be like a merry go round full fab five's. John Calipari would be calling asking for pointers.

Op4isabitch
01-04-2016, 09:33 PM
Apparently Buckley isn't out of the picture, a pay site saying he will interview on Wednesday.

preachermatt83
01-04-2016, 09:33 PM

Haha. Nice.

preachermatt83
01-04-2016, 09:34 PM
Everyone of our DBs would be ejected for targeting before the 2nd quarter. The good news would be that we took correct angles before getting ejected.

Now that's awesome!!!

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Mark Snyder LB coach

So apparently it's fairly firm if words starting to leak. You hear a time frame? I'm assuming tomorrow?

Coach34
01-04-2016, 09:36 PM

Preacher got some splaining to dooooo

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 09:36 PM
Apparently Buckley isn't out of the picture, a pay site saying he will interview on Wednesday.

I'm not so sure this won't be settled before the sun sets tomorrow, but I've been surprised before.

Op4isabitch
01-04-2016, 09:38 PM
So apparently it's fairly firm if words starting to leak. You hear a time frame? I'm assuming tomorrow?

I'm confused, Snyder has left Michigan State?

preachermatt83
01-04-2016, 09:39 PM

It ain't ova til it's ova.

missouridawg
01-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Mark Snyder LB coach

Please tell me it's only LB coach and not DC. His defenses at aTm were not fun to watch...

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 09:52 PM
I'm confused, Snyder has left Michigan State?

Assuming the news is accurate, he can't coach at both... Lol.

Coach34
01-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Please tell me it's only LB coach and not DC. His defenses at aTm were not fun to watch...

Tucker DC

runwildjerious
01-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Tucker DC

They were on the same staff at Ohio State. Makes sense.

bulldawg28
01-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Tucker DC

Tucker at DC will definitely help with recruiting.

msstate7
01-04-2016, 10:05 PM
If it is tucker as DC and Snyder as lb coach, what's your thoughts? Any concern that neither have ties to Mississippi and we lost Hughes?

It_Could_Happen
01-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Can someone give me some background on Snyder? Can't say I've ever heard of him.

runwildjerious
01-04-2016, 10:08 PM
If it is tucker as DC and Snyder as lb coach, what's your thoughts? Any concern that neither have ties to Mississippi and we lost Hughes?

Would Buckley still be an option at safeties? That would help with MS.

NCDawg
01-04-2016, 10:09 PM
It ain't ova til it's ova.

I, for one, hope you are correct. I think Orgeron, with his recruiting, could possibly get us back on the road to Atlanta.

runwildjerious
01-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Can someone give me some background on Snyder? Can't say I've ever heard of him.

Ohio State DC until 2004, Marshall HC from 05-09, aTm DC, Mich. St. LB's and ST's

Big4Dawg
01-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Paul is saying that Buckley is interviewing Wednesday.

Coursesuper
01-04-2016, 10:12 PM

It seems that this may be why Sleepy is getting a shot on the field. He knows the coaches in the state.

bulldawg28
01-04-2016, 10:13 PM

You don't need ties as much as you need to be able to relate. You can build ties through those relationships

deltadawg99
01-04-2016, 10:16 PM
If it is Tucker and Synder, can either one of them recruit??

Coach34
01-04-2016, 10:28 PM
Would Buckley still be an option at safeties? That would help with MS.

From what I gather- we are negotiating with Tucker to be the guy. He wants to bring Snyder with him. Allen and T-Buck would kinda be the 2nd choice- altho to me it would be win-win with either of those

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 10:38 PM
From what I gather- we are negotiating with Tucker to be the guy. He wants to bring Snyder with him. Allen and T-Buck would kinda be the 2nd choice- altho to me it would be win-win with either of those

Good point. Either of those would be solid.

War Machine Dawg
01-04-2016, 10:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/ocgN41k.jpg

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-04-2016, 10:43 PM
If we land Tucker that will be very impressive because it probably means we beat out UGA for him. No inside sources but my gut says Allen and Buckley.

War Machine Dawg
01-04-2016, 10:45 PM

http://i.imgur.com/4IpjFOn.gif

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-04-2016, 11:04 PM
My question on Tucker is, how long could we hold on to him? Is he set for the college game now or is there a chance he goes back to NFL? Has to have a ton of connections and they come and go in the NFL life shuffling a deck of cards.

Irondawg
01-04-2016, 11:09 PM
I still lean toward Allen and Buck - something just scares me about tucker. Maybe it's the fear that his resume is based (at least in college) of coaching at places with elite talent and that's not repeatable consistently at MSU. We need someone creative to hide our shortcomings.

For example the Bama secondary was the attackable point supposedly but it wasn't really attackable not necessarily because of the elite talent but because Bama could rush 4 and get consistent pressure on the QB, allowing them to play a lot of guys in coverage. We're not going to have that.

He may be great, I'm just a little wary. The NFL angle should place nice with recruiting though.

maroonmania
01-04-2016, 11:13 PM
My question on Tucker is, how long could we hold on to him? Is he set for the college game now or is there a chance he goes back to NFL? Has to have a ton of connections and they come and go in the NFL life shuffling a deck of cards.

I'm starting to think we should just look at the DC under Mullen to be a one year gig no matter who we hire. Apparently anything beyond that is gravy.

Lumpy Chucklelips
01-04-2016, 11:34 PM
Also see where he's set to make 600k in 2016, so looks like we're getting ready to pony up some.

AFDawg
01-04-2016, 11:46 PM
Also see where he's set to make 600k in 2016, so looks like we're getting ready to pony up some.

That's what Manny would have made next year.

Todd4State
01-05-2016, 12:24 AM
I still lean toward Allen and Buck - something just scares me about tucker. Maybe it's the fear that his resume is based (at least in college) of coaching at places with elite talent and that's not repeatable consistently at MSU. We need someone creative to hide our shortcomings.

For example the Bama secondary was the attackable point supposedly but it wasn't really attackable not necessarily because of the elite talent but because Bama could rush 4 and get consistent pressure on the QB, allowing them to play a lot of guys in coverage. We're not going to have that.

He may be great, I'm just a little wary. The NFL angle should place nice with recruiting though.

I agree. I just think that at MSU we're better with a guy that is creative as opposed to a guy that is going to try to make us play Tampa 2 all game long.

CadaverDawg
01-05-2016, 12:42 AM
I might as well go on record and say that I'm going to be pretty disappointed & concerned if we hire Tucker & Snyder.

There's something very intriguing about Buckley & DeShea in charge of our secondary. DeShea is starting to find his rhythm as a recruiter, & TBuckley is already there...they could make a great combo. I guess I could get over Tucker at DC, but I think I'd rather have Thompson because he's hungrier to make the steps up since he hasn't been all around the World like Tucker has. Plus, Thompson can recruit.

Snyder seems like a typical what the hell, MSU hire from the past. I don't like it, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hope we don't screw this up.

NCDawg
01-05-2016, 01:17 AM
I might as well go on record and say that I'm going to be pretty disappointed & concerned if we hire Tucker & Snyder.

There's something very intriguing about Buckley & DeShea in charge of our secondary. DeShea is starting to find his rhythm as a recruiter, & TBuckley is already there...they could make a great combo. I guess I could get over Tucker at DC, but I think I'd rather have Thompson because he's hungrier to make the steps up since he hasn't been all around the World like Tucker has. Plus, Thompson can recruit.

Snyder seems like a typical what the hell, MSU hire from the past. I don't like it, but maybe I'm wrong.

Hope we don't screw this up.

I agree and will be disappointed also. Much rather Orgeron, which everybody says has been pretty much ruled out. If not him, I'd take Thompson over the guys mentioned. Better yet, let Orgeron coach the DL and Thompson the LB's, and make them both CO-DC's as we did Diaz and Wilson. If this happened, I'll bet we would be in Atlanta in 2 years. As far as pay, make them an offer they can't refuse.

Sienfield
01-05-2016, 08:19 AM

You got that right.

Spiderman
01-05-2016, 08:21 AM
I for one would be shocked as hell if Mullen offered Reed Stringer a job. Too much history there. I also would be more shocked if Shrimpin' Ed left LSU for anything other than a HC position, or a Traditional top 10 program DC job.

jumbo
01-05-2016, 08:50 AM
I agree and will be disappointed also. Much rather Orgeron, which everybody says has been pretty much ruled out. If not him, I'd take Thompson over the guys mentioned. Better yet, let Orgeron coach the DL and Thompson the LB's, and make them both CO-DC's as we did Diaz and Wilson. If this happened, I'll bet we would be in Atlanta in 2 years. As far as pay, make them an offer they can't refuse.

so you are firing David Turner?

louisvilledawg
01-05-2016, 09:04 AM
Tucker's wikipedia page says that he graduated from Wisconsin with an Ag Business Management degree. He would fit right in*******

Dawgtini
01-05-2016, 09:18 AM

With Tucker and Snyder you're basically getting 2 former DC's who have worked together and been successful together in the past and they coach the two position groups that are "open". Sounds like a win -win to me.

MetEdDawg
01-05-2016, 09:46 AM
With Tucker and Snyder you're basically getting 2 former DC's who have worked together and been successful together in the past and they coach the two position groups that are "open". Sounds like a win -win to me.

Yeah how anyone could turn that into a negative is ridiculous to me. Let Tucker walk into a kid's living room and say he I was a DC in the NFL for 10 years. We are missing that cache in our program and kids are impressed by that kind of stuff. Snyder and Tucker together with Turner and Townsend would be the best defensive staff we've had under Mullen no question.

bulldawg28
01-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Yeah how anyone could turn that into a negative is ridiculous to me. Let Tucker walk into a kid's living room and say he I was a DC in the NFL for 10 years. We are missing that cache in our program and kids are impressed by that kind of stuff. Snyder and Tucker together with Turner and Townsend would be the best defensive staff we've had under Mullen no question.

This all day

Count
01-05-2016, 10:49 AM
This is my wish list...

Mel Tucker as DC
Lance Thompson as LB coach, Recruiting Coordinator,
Sallach to replace Hughes
Reed Stringer as TE/ST Coach

gtowndawg
01-05-2016, 10:51 AM
Tucker - "I was a coach in the NFL for 10 years"
Freeze - "I coached girls basketball, BUT here's $10,000 to make that sound better"

DancingRabbit
01-05-2016, 11:04 AM
This is my wish list...

Mel Tucker as DC
Lance Thompson as LB coach, Recruiting Coordinator,
Sallach to replace Hughes
Reed Stringer as TE/ST Coach

Sallach has never coached on defense. Pretty obvious you're some kind of fake or troll.

NCDawg
01-05-2016, 11:44 AM
so you are firing David Turner?

Reassign him elsewhere, like I hope we do with Hevesy.

Spiderman
01-05-2016, 11:50 AM
Reassign him elsewhere, like I hope we do with Hevesy.

Jesus...

engie
01-05-2016, 12:00 PM

But I don't think anyone knows your position on the matter yet. Should probably up it to 2x to 3x in every thread on the coaching change. Troll level ridiculous.

NCDawg
01-05-2016, 12:23 PM
But I don't think anyone knows your position on the matter yet. Should probably up it to 2x to 3x in every thread on the coaching change. Troll level ridiculous.

I note you pop up every so often with your "troll" charge. You seem to be paranoid that everybody on this site that doesn't think like you is a troll. Let me tell you something, I am not a troll and probably have been rooting for State longer than you have. My one hope is to see State back in Atlanta before I'm too old to go. I realize that I don't think like you, but your opinion on this board isn't any better than anyone else's.

engie
01-05-2016, 12:33 PM
I note you pop up every so often with your "troll" charge. You seem to be paranoid that everybody on this site that doesn't think like you is a troll. Let me tell you something, I am not a troll and probably have been rooting for State longer than you have. My one hope is to see State back in Atlanta before I'm too old to go. I realize that I don't think like you, but your opinion on this board isn't any better than anyone else's.

You don't have to actually pull for another fanbase to troll. Trolling = "Ogre would have us in Atlanta in 2 years!11!". It's too ignorant to be believed.

I never said my opinion was better than anyone else's either.

NCDawg
01-05-2016, 12:41 PM
You don't have to actually pull for another fanbase to troll. Trolling = "Ogre would have us in Atlanta in 2 years!11!". It's too ignorant to be believed.

I never said my opinion was better than anyone else's either.

I believe I said Orgeron as DL coach and Thompson as LB coach. Maybe in your opinion it is "too ignorant to be believed", but not to mine. For all I know, you may be a troll and accusing everybody else of being a troll. In any event, I don't have anything else to say on the subject. Why don't you just ignore my comments if it bothers you so much.

yjnkdawg
01-05-2016, 12:42 PM

Can't see Orgeron leaving LSU for a Co-DC position. I don't think he is even currently interested in a DC position, because he loves recruiting and that would take up more recruting time. Seems like his current position at LSU fits him perfectly, from that perspective.

engie
01-05-2016, 01:02 PM
I believe I said Orgeron as DL coach and Thompson as LB coach. Maybe in your opinion it is "too ignorant to be believed", but not to mine. For all I know, you may be a troll and accusing everybody else of being a troll. In any event, I don't have anything else to say on the subject. Why don't you just ignore my comments if it bothers you so much.

That's right. That's what you said. And, no, it's not my opinion that defines ignorance -- it's common sense that defines it.

You think we can hire Ogre for a lateral job if not a downgrade from his current job where he is actually at HOME with his kids and family for the first time in their lives where he is absolutely paid top dollar already. A move that would require us to pay double of what we've ever paid an assistant coach in our history -- for a position coach with a few fancy titles that doesn't call plays -- and moving David Turner to do it. Then, on top of that, you think we're going to go get Thompson, who is being paid $700k/yr with his buddy in South Carolina, also making him without a doubt the highest paid assistant coach in our history to have a chance. So, basically, increasing payroll somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.2 million for 2 defensive coaches. Making us the 4th highest assistant payroll in the country behind LSU, Auburn, and Alabama ---- and that's prior to us addressing a single thing on the offensive side of the ball OR at Safety.

And that those hires would bring in enough talent to 3 weeks, and then one year, to win the SECwest and go to Atlanta, on the backs of what would basically be all freshmen that they recruited and maybe 1 or 2 sophomores.

Look I don't mind your opinion -- I just want you to think through it before posting it in every single thread...

NCDawg
01-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Glad you don't mind my opinion-that really makes me feel better. FYI, I do think through things before I post. I thought Stricklin said money would be no deterrent hiring who we wanted as assistant coaches. MY OPINION is that Orgeron as DL coach and Thompson as LB coach is the best combination of coaches we could hire. I could be wrong, and from all indications on this board, it's not going to happen anyway, so it's a moot point. I also respectfully suggest that you think it through before you start calling people trolls.

Coach34
01-05-2016, 01:38 PM
That's right. That's what you said. And, no, it's not my opinion that defines ignorance -- it's common sense that defines it.

You think we can hire Ogre for a lateral job if not a downgrade from his current job where he is actually at HOME with his kids and family for the first time in their lives where he is absolutely paid top dollar already. A move that would require us to pay double of what we've ever paid an assistant coach in our history -- for a position coach with a few fancy titles that doesn't call plays -- and moving David Turner to do it. Then, on top of that, you think we're going to go get Thompson, who is being paid $700k/yr with his buddy in South Carolina, also making him without a doubt the highest paid assistant coach in our history to have a chance. So, basically, increasing payroll somewhere in the neighborhood of $1.2 million for 2 defensive coaches. Making us the 4th highest assistant payroll in the country behind LSU, Auburn, and Alabama ---- and that's prior to us addressing a single thing on the offensive side of the ball OR at Safety.

And that those hires would bring in enough talent to 3 weeks, and then one year, to win the SECwest and go to Atlanta, on the backs of what would basically be all freshmen that they recruited and maybe 1 or 2 sophomores.

Look I don't mind your opinion -- I just want you to think through it before posting it in every single thread...

well done Engie

War Machine Dawg
01-05-2016, 02:01 PM

http://i.imgur.com/eslTVBJ.gif

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-05-2016, 02:18 PM
this is comical but it so true and speaks to what the kids really want!