PDA

View Full Version : If Kelly stays at Ole Miss he is an idiot

coastdoglover
01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
There is no way he will match this years numbers and the talent on the Ole Miss team on offense will be down as well. I know he is supposed to listen to his Uncle Jim so maybe he will wise up but he goes in the first 4 rounds this year and when he is getting sacked all next year he will find out why I am saying this. Comments please!

HancockCountyDog
01-04-2016, 03:50 PM
There is no way he will match this years numbers and the talent on the Ole Miss team on offense will be down as well. I know he is supposed to listen to his Uncle Jim so maybe he will wise up but he goes in the first 4 rounds this year and when he is getting sacked all next year he will find out why I am saying this. Comments please!

No one is rating him in the top 5 QB's, and its a weak QB class.

What is funny is that he is in the exact same position as Dak was in 2014. Monster season, senior laden OL graduating, monster bowl game. I know I talked on here that I thought Dak should go - and based on projections I'm seeing, I was probably right.

I think Kelly has one big problem - he needs an offseason to not get in trouble. Right now he is a 4th or 5th rounder. He is only 6'1" and has only had 1 season of success with about 14 interceptions.

Freezus' offense will always put up big numbers and they will have weapons at WR and TE next year, not Treadwell of course, but some solid weapons. I really hope he goes pro on a personal level, but seeing where he is being rated right now among QB's coming out, I don't see it happening.

starkvegasdawg
01-04-2016, 03:50 PM
I'll see your thread title and raise you the fact he was arrested for threatening to shoot up a night club with an AK-47.

Count
01-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Every thread on this forum is more focused on what Ole Miss is doing and not about us. Why ?

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Kind of depends on the team. There are still those in the NFL that will not draft him because of just 1 year of SEC play. I haven't looked in a while but the number of QB busts from early entry guys vs guys who stay was a pretty good percentage at one point. Some teams won't take a guy with less than X number of starts so if the player leaves early but has started a number of years they feel pretty good about it. Cam I think has changed that a little and the NFL QB's and backups leave a little to be desired. He needs some really good honest feed back from several teams.

Beaver
01-04-2016, 04:03 PM
Hard to say if he'll be successful in the NFL. Good athlete with a good arm, but takes a lot of risks throwing the ball. Is accurate at times, and decent with the deep ball, but I don't know if he can be consistent enough to be a starter.

TopWaterDog
01-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Don't know who the QBs next year leaving are but this year he would be drafted after Cook, Lynch, Dak, the cal guy, maybe Brandon Allen and Boykin

RealHastings
01-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Austin Davis from USM has started multiple games in the NFL in his first two years. Dak and Chad are both more physically gifted and just simply better than he is. Am I wrong?

MadDawg
01-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Every thread on this forum is more focused on what Ole Miss is doing and not about us. Why ?

I just counted and maybe 2 out of the top 20 are about the Bearsharts.

So you came on here and on post #5 lied about what the board is talking about to make it appear there is an obsession with the bearsharts.

Why?

Alldawg
01-04-2016, 04:36 PM

He will have his numbers, but not sure he can improve his draft stock anymore than it already is. The way Freeze runs his offense and the players they have coming back, he will put up numbers. Hell, even noodle arm Bo Wallace put up big numbers and he couldn't throw it past 20 yards. Like someone else said, his problem will not be putting up the same numbers next year but more so staying out of trouble for the next 9 months in Oxford and back home during the summer if he goes. I have heard rumors of Freeze setting up home schooling in Haiti and he may be enrolling in a 8 month program to serve on the mission trip until fall practice starts.

Alldawg
01-04-2016, 04:36 PM

So your handle is "count", but you can't count how many threads in the top 20 are about them? I will help, TWO

BossDawg
01-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Is he projected to even be a good pro QB prospect? I'm no football guru, but I haven't seen anything from Kelly that makes me think he'll be successful. Nothing that NFL speed couldn't stop anyway. He's flashy in Freeze's offense, but he won't have the luxury of mismatches in the NFL. He won't be able to run like he does against opponents in the NFL nor will his receivers be able to get as wide open as they do at UMiss.

He may be good though. Who knows.

Coach34
01-04-2016, 08:00 PM
He loses 4/5 guys on the OL, 2/3 starting WR's, and his TB. Andddddddddd, the school just signed a 5* QB everybody wants to see play.

He should go- but who knows.

It_Could_Happen
01-04-2016, 08:07 PM
Don't know who the QBs next year leaving are but this year he would be drafted after Cook, Lynch, Dak, the cal guy, maybe Brandon Allen and Boykin

Brandon Allen won't get drafted. Was listening to Arkansas sports radio today and none of them expect him to be drafted. Said he doesn't have the arm strength.

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 08:28 PM
Brandon Allen won't get drafted. Was listening to Arkansas sports radio today and none of them expect him to be drafted. Said he doesn't have the arm strength.

He's a little on the short side too. I can actually see someone like him get picked late or signing as a UDFA and actually making it after a few years. He just seems like that kind of a player.

Leroy Jenkins
01-04-2016, 08:40 PM
Prepping the flock?

“The main reason why I would even potentially go to the NFL Draft is for my family,” Kelly told the Clarion-Ledger. “My parents work long, long shifts during the week and even on the weekend. My dad can’t even watch some of my games if he doesn’t come down here because he has to work.

Political Hack
01-04-2016, 08:45 PM

If I was an NFL GM he'd be my 3rd string QB for life. The kid can move the offense.

msstate7
01-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Prepping the flock?

“The main reason why I would even potentially go to the NFL Draft is for my family,” Kelly told the Clarion-Ledger. “My parents work long, long shifts during the week and even on the weekend. My dad can’t even watch some of my games if he doesn’t come down here because he has to work.

Sounds like he needs to do some heppin' for his parents. Go Chad... You have my blessing

BHildreth3
01-04-2016, 09:14 PM
I'm convinced that the #Network is paying these guys to stay for their Sr. year.

SDDawg
01-04-2016, 09:23 PM
I'm convinced that the #Network is paying these guys to stay for their Sr. year.

Who is staying exactly? The best players are gone...

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2016, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=Leroy Jenkins;480290]Prepping the flock?

“The main reason why I would even potentially go to the NFL Draft is for my family,” Kelly told the Clarion-Ledger. “My parents work long, long shifts during the week and even on the weekend. My dad can’t even watch some of my games if he doesn’t come down here because he has to work.[/QUOTE

I read that and wondered just how close Chad's dad and uncle Jim are? I mean it sounds like they are destitute or something. Wouldn't you think uncle Jim would help make sure his blood brother was taken care of financially? And it kinda bothered me that all attention was on Uncle Jim and nothing on his real parents during the sugar bowl. Hell the tv showed uncle Jim over and over and for all we know the man to Uncle Jims right in the 10 jersey was Chads dad. I don't know why that has bothered me but it did

SDDawg
01-04-2016, 11:21 PM

“The main reason why I would even potentially go to the NFL Draft is for my family,” Kelly told the Clarion-Ledger. “My parents work long, long shifts during the week and even on the weekend. My dad can’t even watch some of my games if he doesn’t come down here because he has to work.[/QUOTE

I read that and wondered just how close Chad's dad and uncle Jim are? I mean it sounds like they are destitute or something. Wouldn't you think uncle Jim would help make sure his blood brother was taken care of financially? And it kinda bothered me that all attention was on Uncle Jim and nothing on his real parents during the sugar bowl. Hell the tv showed uncle Jim over and over and for all we know the man to Uncle Jims right in the 10 jersey was Chads dad. I don't know why that has bothered me but it did

If that's accurate, then I wish him well and hope he is able to do something for his family. That's the right kind of priorities, I don't care where you come from in life.

bulldawg28
01-04-2016, 11:21 PM

Ironically, I think your name explains it all why it bothered you.

whosyourdawgy
01-04-2016, 11:32 PM
[QUOTE=whosyourdawgy;480397]

Ironically, I think your name explains it all why it bothered you.

Haha. That's pretty good. But I know who my dad is so that ain't why it bothered me. And to be clear I think Jim Kelly is a truly unbelievable human being. He's whipped cancers ass, loved one of the greatest Bulldogs ever, and just a very good person that I have a lot of respect for. It's just the media ran with the uncle thing and nothing on the ones that raised him. Maybe there is a reason for that but we don't know it.

QuadrupleOption
01-05-2016, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=bulldawg28;480400]

Haha. That's pretty good. But I know who my dad is so that ain't why it bothered me. And to be clear I think Jim Kelly is a truly unbelievable human being. He's whipped cancers ass, loved one of the greatest Bulldogs ever, and just a very good person that I have a lot of respect for. It's just the media ran with the uncle thing and nothing on the ones that raised him. Maybe there is a reason for that but we don't know it.

We heard the same thing when Dylan Farve played here. I don't think any announcers ever talked about his parents, just the fact that he's Brett Farve's nephew.

shannondawg
01-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Chad's dad has a job that he has to go to everyday, just like most working folk. Why make a big deal out of that?

coastdoglover
01-05-2016, 11:51 AM

I agree and probably have been paying them all along.