PDA

View Full Version : Running game

Dawg61
01-04-2016, 02:49 PM
So our assistant OC/running game coordinator/offensive line coach is John Hevesy. Most of y'all knew he was the offensive line coach obviously but did you know he is also the coordinator in charge of planning the running game for each game? Yeah time for that to no longer be a thing ever again for MSU. In my twenty some years of watching State football this year was the worst running attack I can ever remember seeing.

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 02:55 PM
How long has he been the run game coordinator? What was our run game like for all of his years as run game coordinator?

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2016, 03:00 PM
in 2014, with Hev in the same position, we average 233 YPG & finished 3rd in the SEC in rushing.

I make the mistake all the time in passion, but I think your statement is off-base and is being a prisoner of the moment. If it becomes a trend, then I agree, a change needs to be made, but, at this point, 2015s running game is an outlier on a pretty good track record.

I'm all for complaining about Hev's lack of NFL O-linemen or his recruiting on the O-line, but the truth is that he's a pretty good coach once the kids are on campus.

I think our running game will improve dramatically next year.

Dawg61
01-04-2016, 03:22 PM
in 2014, with Hev in the same position, we average 233 YPG & finished 3rd in the SEC in rushing.

I make the mistake all the time in passion, but I think your statement is off-base and is being a prisoner of the moment. If it becomes a trend, then I agree, a change needs to be made, but, at this point, 2015s running game is an outlier on a pretty good track record.

I'm all for complaining about Hev's lack of NFL O-linemen or his recruiting on the O-line, but the truth is that he's a pretty good coach once the kids are on campus.

Ok but both of his positions he is in charge of had shit years on the field. Looks like that big boy has too much on his plate to handle. This is typical Dan Mullen putting too much on himself and his top lieutenant to handle. Dan is in charge of head coaching, QB development, calling the offensive plays, meddling into the defense, special teams coach and reporting all injuries in a timely fashion to the media. I think he might let someone make him a coffee once a week.

BoomBoom
01-04-2016, 10:00 PM

Looks to me like he doesnt make the proper adjustments. Defenses adjusted to what we did the first 2/3 of 2014, and he still hasnt adjusted back. Which is what you expect to see for someone in over his head.

Statefan
01-04-2016, 10:27 PM
Was he in charge when we had Dixon and Ballard? I know Hud was passing game coordinator but I can't remember about Hevesy

I'm with shotgun and hoping this year is an anomaly because our OL/Running game is usually adequate

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Was he in charge when we had Dixon and Ballard? I know Hud was passing game coordinator but I can't remember about Hevesy

I'm with shotgun and hoping this year is an anomaly because our OL/Running game is usually adequate

Yes. He has been responsible for the run game since he has been here. The co-coord title was given to him and Gonzo in 2014 though.

Coach34
01-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Mullen controls the offense. Hevesy gets enough blame for having a shitty OL- as he should. Mullen is in total control of the offense. Billy G didnt do shit to make our passing game better this year- and when it falls back next year- he wont be the blame either.

Dan Mullen runs the offense- just like Crooms ran the offense when he was the coach. Woody was just a scapegoat

Really Clark?
01-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Mullen controls the offense. Hevesy gets enough blame for having a shitty OL- as he should. Mullen is in total control of the offense. Billy G didnt do shit to make our passing game better this year- and when it falls back next year- he wont be the blame either.

Dan Mullen runs the offense- just like Crooms ran the offense when he was the coach. Woody was just a scapegoat

Don't disagree. Should have said per title, that's their responsibilities.