PDA

View Full Version : Treadwell made it official...

Liverpooldawg
01-04-2016, 01:54 PM
Per Twitter, declared for the draft.

Count
01-04-2016, 01:58 PM
I think Tredwell will do good in the NFL- If I had to pick between him and Bear, I would take Bear because he is more scrappy and faster

thf24
01-04-2016, 02:00 PM
I think Tredwell will do good in the NFL- If I had to pick between him and Bear, I would take Bear because he is more scrappy and faster

Not sure about faster, but it's definitely a case of polish vs. potential, which we've discussed for the past two years. Polish usually wins out in the NFL except in the case of extreme all-around athleticism, which isn't Bear.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-04-2016, 02:04 PM

I love Bear but I'm taking Treadwell everyday of the week for the NFL.

the59dawg
01-04-2016, 02:05 PM

Major diff is Paidwell is quicker and appears to be faster. Both catch the ball well. Paidwell is awesome on the bubble screens.

Op4isabitch
01-04-2016, 02:06 PM
I'd take Bear, just because he hasn't been tainted by that human shit stain,Freeze.

ShotgunDawg
01-04-2016, 02:09 PM
Two main differences between Bear & Treadwell to me:

1. Hands - On a scale of 1-10, Bear's hands are about a 6. Treadwell's hands may be a 9 or 10.

2. Body control - Bear's body control is about a 7. Treadwell's is ELITE. 9 or 10.

Everything else is fairly similar to me, & not a big enough difference to make a big difference.

Irondawg
01-04-2016, 02:09 PM

Agree. I'll be very suprised if Treadwell isn't a very good pro WR. I love Bear and really hope he does well but it depends on how much refining to his game he can do over the next couple of years. So much for WR depends on the teams they end up on and the system they run.

MaxedOutMaroon
01-04-2016, 02:15 PM
Treadwell had the best hands in college football. Bear has the size and positioning skills. Comparisons bear-alshon Jeffery Laquon-Larry Fitzgerald. Yes, I think Paidwell is that good.

msstate7
01-04-2016, 02:19 PM
Need Kelly, adeboyejo, engram, Conner, or even stringfellow to declare now. Wish the floodgates would open...

State82
01-04-2016, 02:19 PM

Without a doubt. I hope Bear ends up an All Pro, but right now it's Treadwell for sure.

DCdawg
01-04-2016, 02:24 PM
The one thing that always catches my eye with both is not only their ability to block but their willingness. I love watching Bear push some poor DB 10 yards off the play when a ball carrier is near him. I've seen Treadwell do that too.

Count
01-04-2016, 02:40 PM
i think the Bear and Tredwell are so similar , it will depend on which team they go to and what type of offense gets run. still, I'd rather have Bear because of
his speed and physicality

CadaverDawg
01-04-2016, 02:43 PM

Agreed. Maroon glasses galore in this thread.

I love Bear, but he catches the ball with his body too much, he's slower than Laquon, & he is nowhere near as polished. He has great size, but I'm taking Treadwell over Bear all day. Now if my options are Bear/Ross or Treadwell/Any OM WR....I'm going Bear/Ross

Beaver
01-04-2016, 02:54 PM
Agreed. Maroon glasses galore in this thread.

I love Bear, but he catches the ball with his body too much, he's slower than Laquon, & he is nowhere near as polished. He has great size, but I'm taking Treadwell over Bear all day. Now if my options are Bear/Ross or Treadwell/Any OM WR....I'm going Bear/Ross

Yep. They both catch the ball well, but Treadwell is a better YAC guy.

bulldawg28
01-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Both WR's have alot to work on. They're both glorified possession goal line WR'S. Neither have proven they can run an entire passing tree which they'll both need in the NFL. However, right now Treadwell is more advanced and better hands.

Saltydog
01-04-2016, 02:59 PM
him some UM.

klong-dog
01-04-2016, 03:07 PM
On comparison NFL potentials I'd say Bear is close to a Kelvin Benjamin type and Treadwell is hard to compare to anyone imo but maybe a mix of Brandon Marshall and Dez Bryant.

smootness
01-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Treadwell is the best WR in this draft, but it's not a great draft for WRs. I don't see the Fitzgerald or Dez Bryant comparisons. He doesn't have that kind of athleticism. I think his ceiling in the NFL is a guy who catches a lot of passes with a relatively low YPC, something like 90 catches for 1,100 yards. That's very, very good, absolutely. But I don't see him being the guy who's going to go out and put up 1,500 yard seasons.

For a current comparison, I'll go with Marshall and Anquan Boldin.

starkvegasdawg
01-04-2016, 03:38 PM
Hope he is prepared for the pay cut going to the NFL.

louisvilledawg
01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Don't think he's brandon marshall esque. BMarsh is like 6'5" 230. Treadwell about 6'1 215

I liken treadwell to less athletic version of Dez Bryant. Which would still be enough athleticism to make a few pro bowls. I'll take him on my team everyday of the week.. The dude catches everything.

RealHastings
01-04-2016, 04:37 PM
Don't think he's brandon marshall esque. BMarsh is like 6'5" 230. Treadwell about 6'1 215

I liken treadwell to less athletic version of Dez Bryant. Which would still be enough athleticism to make a few pro bowls. I'll take him on my team everyday of the week.. The dude catches everything.

Andre Johnson?

PMDawg
01-04-2016, 05:03 PM

+ Uno