PDA

View Full Version : JSU Dome

djaymsu5
01-04-2016, 01:25 AM
I know this was talked about a while back and how awesome it would be for the Jackson area. Does anyone know of for sure if their will be enough funding for this? I think this would be great for the state as a whole!

Here's the link for those that don't remember http://www.jsums.edu/dome/

EAVdog
01-04-2016, 01:41 AM
Pipe dream. The economics don't work. Their average attendance is 15k on a good day. They will probably get 75mil from the sale of Memorial Stadium and land from the State. Well I've heard the state will pledge that much for a new venue as part of the deal. 75mil will get you a good 20k seat outdoor venue with modern amenities, press area, some club level space and some suites.

No way 200mil will be spent on a new indoor arena. JMO.

Todd4State
01-04-2016, 01:51 AM
No way JSU couldn't screw that up.**

somebodyshotmypaw
01-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Will the new stadium have security? If so, will the fans throw bottles, bricks, and rocks at the security?

If you don't understand this post, then you haven't been watching the news.

Thick
01-04-2016, 07:52 AM
Only Ward 3!

Jacksondevildog
01-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Could they build it and lock Kenneth stokes inside it? What's a joke of a city.

djaymsu5
01-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Could they build it and lock Kenneth stokes inside it? What's a joke of a city.

Lol!

djaymsu5
01-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Pipe dream. The economics don't work. Their average attendance is 15k on a good day. They will probably get 75mil from the sale of Memorial Stadium and land from the State. Well I've heard the state will pledge that much for a new venue as part of the deal. 75mil will get you a good 20k seat outdoor venue with modern amenities, press area, some club level space and some suites.

Ok thanks. Jw!

djaymsu5
01-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Will the new stadium have security? If so, will the fans throw bottles, bricks, and rocks at the security?

If you don't understand this post, then you haven't been watching the news.

I have a feeling ole stokes won't be around in office much longer.

Bothrops
01-04-2016, 10:38 AM
It is an impossibility for the city of Jackson to get a facility like that built, going forward. Sorry.

CadaverDawg
01-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Not hapnin.

Anybody thinking it will happen, well...."He a dum baastud"*

State82
01-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Not hapnin.

Anybody thinking it will happen, well...."He a dum baastud"*

Just sprayed coffee everywhere on that one.

Johnson85
01-04-2016, 11:00 AM

I don't think that's your opinion, I think it's pretty much fact. I don't think there's anything they can do to put a nice stadium on JSU's campus and I hope they don't try. It would be a disaster to waste that much money proving it's a bad idea.

If they were going to do anything, it would have to be a multipurpose venue, and it can't be on JSU's campus. I guess it would be around where the coliseum is now unless there is another space downtown that would work. Even then, it probably wouldn't make economic sense. The coliseum isn't great, but it's functional, and the additional events a new venue could hold over what is held at the coliseum just wouldn't be able to cover the price tag. It'd have to be something the City of Jackson and I guess the legislature committed to as a prestige thing, on the basis that a city the size of Jackson should have a good concert and sports venue. Of course a city the size of Jackson should have paved road and working water and sewer system, so...

BulldogBear
01-05-2016, 10:32 AM
Just sprayed coffee everywhere on that one.
For me it was milk.

Jack Lambert
01-05-2016, 12:50 PM
No way JSU couldn't screw that up.**

I think it was the Stated of Mississippi. JSU wanted the state to put up a bunch of the money and the state said no.