PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ed Orgeron for the board?

MabenMaroon
01-03-2016, 08:31 PM
I am well aware that we need to up our recruiting prowess, particularly on the o-line, and just overall as well. Also aware that Coach O has a reputation as being an elite recruiter and a good motivator. Those aspects being given, I have not seen anybody mention the fact that everywhere he has coached that football program has undergone a significant turn for the worse either while he was there or shortly after he left. Do we have a strong enough HC and AD to prevent or stymie that kind of effect he seems to have follow him and the staffs he has been on around?
I have stated this feeling or observation before and have the the same attitude about Lane Kiffin. But Kiffin has landed at a spot with one of the absolute strongest head coaches and support administrations an institution could have and they can probably mitigate any of the ill effects he can bring with him. Do we have that kind of foresight and strength to mitigate possible ill effects that tend to follow Coach O around?
I am real leery of the potential of him being hired and would like for mind to be put at ease should that actually occur. Would love to see the potential boost in recruiting he tends to bring but for us to suffer a downturn in the program after a couple of good years has me feeling quite antsy about it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I am well aware that we need to up our recruiting prowess, particularly on the o-line, and just overall as well. Also aware that Coach O has a reputation as being an elite recruiter and a good motivator. Those aspects being given, I have not seen anybody mention the fact that everywhere he has coached that football program has undergone a significant turn for the worse either while he was there or shortly after he left. Do we have a strong enough HC and AD to prevent or stymie that kind of effect he seems to have follow him and the staffs he has been on around?
I have stated this feeling or observation before and have the the same attitude about Lane Kiffin. But Kiffin has landed at a spot with one of the absolute strongest head coaches and support administrations an institution could have and they can probably mitigate any of the ill effects he can bring with him. Do we have that kind of foresight and strength to mitigate possible ill effects that tend to follow Coach O around?
I am real leery of the potential of him being hired and would like for mind to be put at ease should that actually occur. Would love to see the potential boost in recruiting he tends to bring but for us to suffer a downturn in the program after a couple of good years has me feeling quite antsy about it.

Is his name even in the mix? I only see fans talking about him and wanting this to happen but I haven't heard his name mentioned by those in the know as a possible candidate.

I seen it dawg
01-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Move on