PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line recruiting questions.....

CadaverDawg
01-03-2016, 07:49 PM
I was looking at our current OL commits in Eiland and Parker. Both guys seem to be monsters...I didn't realize Eiland was 6'7 320

Although not elite, are those two guys considered pretty good OL recruits? I see that they're basically 2 of the top 4 OL recruits in MS according to the recruiting sites, with Lashley being #1...But I have no idea what that means in terms of OL talent.

Also, do we still have a good shot at Cushenberry? Why is he rated a 2 star on 247 with that offer list?

If we get Lashley, Cushenberry, Eiland, & Parker, are we done with OL potential in this class? (Outside of Raekwon)? And if so, how should we feel about that group on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being ecstatic?

msstate7
01-03-2016, 07:53 PM
Eiland is a project imo. He has great size, but I wasn't overly impressed with his play. He's a great kid FWIW

**granted I'm very unqualified at evaluating olinemen. I could be way off on eiland

Coach34
01-03-2016, 08:04 PM
the thing about OL- you dont want any of them to play their 1st year unless they are a top 25 in the country OL player. Those guys need a year to develop.

So no- we arent going to have any immediate help from the OL. It's a 2-3 years process to get better there

Todd4State
01-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Parker played in the Semper Fi All-Star game despite being a three star and Eiland made Team USA but declined the invitation.

My guess is Cushenberry is a two star because they haven't evaluated him yet.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2016, 08:10 PM
the thing about OL- you dont want any of them to play their 1st year unless they are a top 25 in the country OL player. Those guys need a year to develop.

So no- we arent going to have any immediate help from the OL. It's a 2-3 years process to get better there

No no no, I'm sorry if I sounded like I was saying "will any of them contribute right away"....that's not what I was saying. I'm asking, are these guys considered "good" OL recruits. I'm talking about factoring in potential. I don't expect our OL to play early...so I'm referring to whether they look like Solid SEC O-Lineman in due time...or are guys like Eiland & Parker career depth at best?

CadaverDawg
01-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Parker played in the Semper Fi All-Star game despite being a three star and Eiland made Team USA but declined the invitation.

My guess is Cushenberry is a two star because they haven't evaluated him yet.

I thought Morgan-Walker & Kobe Jones were our only 2 Semper Fi guys? That game is tonight at 8:00 on TV by the way, isn't it?

msstate7
01-03-2016, 08:16 PM
I thought Morgan-Walker & Kobe Jones were our only 2 Semper Fi guys? That game is tonight at 8:00 on TV by the way, isn't it?

Yep. Fs1

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Of course Lashley is the bell cow of the group. Cushenberry looks to be more of what we need at guard. A big kid who moves people. Parker can play RT or OG. They want him to come in about 310lbs so they can see where he fits best. Eiland is the biggest question mark of the group but he is 6'8" 320lbs so if you're going to take a project he's the type you take. Also he has a brother who is in 10th grade who I think will be a top player in his class. 6'2" 300lbs DT.

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2016, 08:39 PM
I was looking at our current OL commits in Eiland and Parker. Both guys seem to be monsters...I didn't realize Eiland was 6'7 320

Although not elite, are those two guys considered pretty good OL recruits? I see that they're basically 2 of the top 4 OL recruits in MS according to the recruiting sites, with Lashley being #1...But I have no idea what that means in terms of OL talent.

Also, do we still have a good shot at Cushenberry? Why is he rated a 2 star on 247 with that offer list?

If we get Lashley, Cushenberry, Eiland, & Parker, are we done with OL potential in this class? (Outside of Raekwon)? And if so, how should we feel about that group on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being ecstatic?

I'm not thrilled with the direction if the OL recruiting this year. I like Lashley, but I feel like we took low hanging fruit with Eiland & Parker. Just my two cents.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm not thrilled with the direction if the OL recruiting this year. I like Lashley, but I feel like we took low hanging fruit with Eiland & Parker. Just my two cents.

I like Lashley & Cushenberry. The reports I heard on Parker during MS/AL week were encouraging.

msstate7
01-03-2016, 08:46 PM
I like Lashley & Cushenberry. The reports I heard on Parker during MS/AL week were encouraging.

Still good on cushenberry? How much of a priority is he to muschamp?

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Still good on cushenberry? How much of a priority is he to muschamp?

I haven't heard anything to suggest otherwise.

HancockCountyDog
01-03-2016, 08:48 PM

I'm fine with signing Parker, Eiland and Cushenbury, if we take their commits in January, after we miss on bigger fish.

Parker and Eiland weren't going anywhere that we couldn't steal them from at the last minute. It's what we are doing with Cush.

Just don't like it from a strategic standpoint.

mic
01-03-2016, 08:53 PM

It's the same song different year.... With Lashley being the exception this year.
But I will say I don't mind at all taking a kid that 6'8 320... And I also heard he is a great kid...

There is no one to blame if the OL doesn't work out but Hev and Mullen... 8 years to fix it now...
And still waiting on that 1st guy to get drafted... ( I don't count Gabe)

Todd4State
01-03-2016, 09:00 PM

I might be mistaken but I thought I saw it on Paul's web site. I'll say that I have seen Parker play in person and I liked him FWIW.

HoopsDawg
01-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Of course Lashley is the bell cow of the group. Cushenberry looks to be more of what we need at guard. A big kid who moves people. Parker can play RT or OG. They want him to come in about 310lbs so they can see where he fits best. Eiland is the biggest question mark of the group but he is 6'8" 320lbs so if you're going to take a project he's the type you take. Also he has a brother who is in 10th grade who I think will be a top player in his class. 6'2" 300lbs DT.

Parker is a guard all the way. I like his potential. Lashley will be the best prospect we have signed under Mullen so hopefully he develops and lives up to his 4 star rating. I like Cush too.

BankerDog
01-03-2016, 09:10 PM
I love Cushenberry's film. Has really good footwork and moves people. Haven't seen any updated on Parker and Eiland. On Lashley, I want this kid bad. But his footwork and pass pro need work. He played RT at the MS/AL All-Star Game and I was shocked he didn't play LT. I think he is two or three years away from playing. But when he plays, he's going to be a talent.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Parker is a guard all the way. I like his potential. Lashley will be the best prospect we have signed under Mullen so hopefully he develops and lives up to his 4 star rating. I like Cush too.

I think Parker ends up inside too but they want him to lose a few lbs so they can at least see if he can handle RT.

Taog Redloh
01-03-2016, 09:34 PM
Whoever you are Ifyouonlyknew, tell your 'people' the following things:

- Recruit 5 OLs per year minimum
- Quit being retards with the JUCO OL recroots

We'll cease to have problems if they do that consistently.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Whoever you are Ifyouonlyknew, tell your 'people' the following things:

- Recruit 5 OLs per year minimum
- Quit being retards with the JUCO OL recroots

We'll cease to have problems if they do that consistently.

I'll pass it on

AlSwearengen
01-04-2016, 11:09 AM
If Eiland's brother is a high end Dlineman, then we need to sign him and get the family on the payroll now. Make sure the older Eiland is a happy camper so he will tell his younger brother how great MSU is.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-04-2016, 11:27 AM
If Eiland's brother is a high end Dlineman, then we need to sign him and get the family on the payroll now. Make sure the older Eiland is a happy camper so he will tell his younger brother how great MSU is.

Remind me what city they live in...

msstate7
01-04-2016, 11:35 AM
Remind me what city they live in...

Don't worry about philly... I got this** not really haha