PDA

View Full Version : Really hope the saints don't let Payton get away

msstate7
01-03-2016, 03:58 PM
If they do though, good luck, Sean... You've been great

VandelayIndustries
01-03-2016, 03:59 PM
I don't think he is going anywhere, but if he does leave the Saints better get a lot for him

msstate7
01-03-2016, 04:02 PM
I don't think he is going anywhere, but if he does leave the Saints better get a lot for him

Yep. Really think we have another run in us (and brees) if we have a good draft on the defensive side.

VandelayIndustries
01-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Agree. This is big off season for the Saints. Going to have to extend Brees to help with his cap number, that will be priority number 1.

shoeless joe
01-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Saints ownership and management is up in the air. Until all that is resolved they won't contend because the needed players won't be brought in. Simple as that...

Hurts my feelings too.

Political Hack
01-03-2016, 05:06 PM
I think he and Breeze are gone and I wouldn't be shocked if they try to bring in Manning from Denver and draft a developmental guy. Would be such a New Orleans thing to do.

Political Hack
01-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Yep. Really think we have another run in us (and brees) if we have a good draft on the defensive side.

I think it's further away than that. They need another playmaker running routes. Losing Jimmy G hurt a lot even though we were ok at TE this year. They just lost some play making ability in the RZ. Colston is too old and constantly banged up now. The only RB that's shown any guts looks to be a retread from Arizona and there's no telling if he'll be back or not.

And we need A LOT of help on defense.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2016, 05:27 PM
I think they lose Sean Peyton, and trade Drew Brees. Too many issues to fix in one off season imo. Secondary is a disaster, no elite #1 receiver, poor OL, average RB's. I think we're about to see a total rebuild in Nawlins.

But that's just me.

Political Hack
01-03-2016, 05:45 PM
I think they lose Sean Peyton, and trade Drew Brees. Too many issues to fix in one off season imo. Secondary is a disaster, no elite #1 receiver, poor OL, average RB's. I think we're about to see a total rebuild in Nawlins.

But that's just me.

You're not alone. I hate it too. Personally I'd rather see them throw thei wad at SP and Bree's and see if they can fill enough gaps to make a push.