defiantdog
01-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Would be a horrible hire

sandjunky
01-03-2016, 10:05 AM
It would be disastrous

Dawgbite
01-03-2016, 10:05 AM
I want him as a recruiting coordinator and if I have to call him a DC, so be it. Appearantly 18 yr old freaks of nature have no problem understanding him.

Coach007
01-03-2016, 10:07 AM
I have no issue with him. Being a hc is nothing like being a dc. He was over his head as a hc.

Mjoelner34
01-03-2016, 10:14 AM
Wouldn't bother me but I'd rather have this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clancy_Pendergast

Coach34
01-03-2016, 10:17 AM
I have no issue with him. Being a hc is nothing like being a dc. He was over his head as a hc.

Literally nobody else will hire him as DC- but we should??? Would be like hiring Crooms as HC- we were the only one stupid enough to do it

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Wouldn't bother me but I'd rather have this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clancy_Pendergast
Dude was a FIJI - disqualifies him for me**

defiantdog
01-03-2016, 10:18 AM

He'd be over his head as a DC as well. He's a position coach, and he's a good position coach. He's good at motivating, not organizing. I understand we want a good recruiter to come to State, but we need a good coordinator first.

Really Clark?
01-03-2016, 10:21 AM

Clancy would be a good hire. I've put his name out last year as well.

Mjoelner34
01-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Clancy would be a good hire. I've put his name out last year as well.

That's who I wanted last year too. It appears that now USCw is hot on him though.

dawgclub99
01-03-2016, 10:33 AM
I don't get the whole recruiting aspect of Orgeron. He recruited well to Miami, USC and LSU. My dog could recruit well there. If you look at his classes at UNM, they were not that great. Most of his better signees didn't even make it to campus. You are going to take a DL coach who has never been a true DC and make him DC of an SEC school? Thanks but no thanks.

HailState39110
01-03-2016, 10:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1KPQmdddY

I think it would be an awful hire .

Really Clark?
01-03-2016, 10:40 AM
That's who I wanted last year too. It appears that now USCw is hot on him though.

Yeah I think they will as well.

HoopsDawg
01-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Heck yes I want him. He has been the head coach at OM and USC. He has been on the defensive side the rest of his career. He can handle the coordinator job. We will only have him for 1 year anyway so he can teach Mullen how recruiting is supposed to work.

Bothrops
01-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Ole Miss would support this hire, is that not reason enough.

deltadawg99
01-03-2016, 10:46 AM
Lance Thompson or Tommy Thigpen

Really Clark?
01-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Heck yes I want him. He has been the head coach at OM and USC. He has been on the defensive side the rest of his career. He can handle the coordinator job. We will only have him for 1 year anyway so he can teach Mullen how recruiting is supposed to work.

What part of a massive failing as a head coach at UNM, a job that he didn't call plays for himself, qualifies him to play call now? He is still a viable candidate as a possible HC at a smaller school because of the intern success at USCw. But being a HC in no way, shape or form has a bearing on him being able to coordinate. He has been passed over multiple multiple times. If he wants to be DC, go to a small school and prove you can first. LSU had the spot open last and this year. They didn't want him but we should?

HoopsDawg
01-03-2016, 10:59 AM
What part of a massive failing as a head coach at UNM, a job that he didn't call plays for himself, qualifies him to play call now? He is still a viable candidate as a possible HC at a smaller school because of the intern success at USCw. But being a HC in no way, shape or form has a bearing on him being able to coordinate. He has been passed over multiple multiple times. If he wants to be DC, go to a small school and prove you can first. LSU had the spot open last and this year. They didn't want him but we should?

Getting passed over at LSU shouldn't disqualify him from being hired at MSU. He knows this State. He has great ties in LA which is another key recruiting territory for us. He has coached with great coaches. We are going to run the same schemes we always have under Mullen so that's not an issue. We have other guys on staff like David turner who will help. He is a workaholic and not satisfied as a position coach. I say give it a shot, unless there is some home run hire out there which I don't think there is. There was so much turnover this year a lot of good coaches have already been scooped up.

CadaverDawg
01-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Lance Thompson.

Really Clark?
01-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Getting passed over at LSU shouldn't disqualify him from being hired at MSU. He knows this State. He has great ties in LA which is another key recruiting territory for us. He has coached with great coaches. We are going to run the same schemes we always have under Mullen so that's not an issue. We have other guys on staff like David turner who will help. He is a workaholic and not satisfied as a position coach. I say give it a shot, unless there is some home run hire out there which I don't think there is. There was so much turnover this year a lot of good coaches have already been scooped up.

Actually getting passed over at Miami, Syracuse, Nicholls ST, USCw with Carroll and USCw with Kiffin and LSU absolutely disqualifies him for his first play calling job in the SEC. You are siting recruiting in most of that post and it's irrelavant to being able to coordinate the defense. Knowing a scheme is not the same as calling a game.

GreenheadDawg
01-03-2016, 11:10 AM
Literally nobody else will hire him as DC- but we should??? Would be like hiring Crooms as HC- we were the only one stupid enough to do it

Then who do you suggest? Because it's not like he's coming to be the damn recruiting coordinator

I seen it dawg
01-03-2016, 11:14 AM

Then make him D line coach when Turner leaves to USC.

Tripp McNeely
01-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Lance Thompson.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Lance-Thompson-307
No doubt good recruiter

Spiderman
01-03-2016, 11:28 AM
Dude was a FIJI - disqualifies him for me**

Ha, so was Stricklin #HighGPAs

BrunswickDawg
01-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Ha, so was Stricklin #HighGPAs
That explains sooooo much. #FratRivals

Coach34
01-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Then who do you suggest? Because it's not like he's coming to be the damn recruiting coordinator

Tucker
Allen
Thompson

No particular order

Really Clark?
01-03-2016, 12:23 PM
Tucker
Allen
Thompson

No particular order

Good names. Would love to bring 2 of the 3. Co-DC or something. Although we could bring Allen and Buckley as well as more traditional hire.

bulldawg28
01-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Tucker
Allen
Thompson

No particular order

Weren't you preaching/requesting Coach O when Diaz was hired?

HoopsDawg
01-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Then make him D line coach when Turner leaves to USC.

O isn't leaving LSU as the d-line coach to be our D-line coach.

Coach34
01-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Weren't you preaching/requesting Coach O when Diaz was hired?

I remember saying Mullen had talked to him and even possibly offered him the job- I can't recall if I was an advocate or
not. That has nothing to do with right now.

bulldawg28
01-03-2016, 01:02 PM
I remember saying Mullen had talked to him and even possibly offered him the job- I can't recall if I was an advocate or
not. That has nothing to do with right now.

In actuality it would have nothing to do with it anything. I vaguely remember you preaching his praises then....No biggie

Johnson85
01-03-2016, 01:10 PM

He's actually better suited to be a head coach, it'd just have to be at a school that can afford a good oc and good dc. But those type schools have their choices of coaches that can do it all.

NCDawg
01-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Stupid video. What should concern all State fans right now is Ole Miss is 5th and State is 50th in the recruiting rankings. I suppose we can be satisfied with that and continue to "coach up" our 2 and 3 star recruits. Wonder what Ron Cooper is doing nowadays? Maybe we could hire him again.

Cabo32
01-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Preachermatt said its already a done deal.....

32 Dive
01-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Ed Orgeron would be good, as a Verizon engineer. But as a DC, not so much...

Coach34
01-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Stupid video. What should concern all State fans right now is Ole Miss is 5th and State is 50th in the recruiting rankings. I suppose we can be satisfied with that and continue to "coach up" our 2 and 3 star recruits. Wonder what Ron Cooper is doing nowadays? Maybe we could hire him again.

1. That video is fantastic
2. We are not 50th in recruiting- we are 43rd with some big fish coming
3. We had 5 draft picks last year and will have 6 this April- thats 11 in two years. Only 1 of those 11 was higher than 3 stars. We are also in the top half of the SEC in draft picks the last 5 years. We obviously have talent.

The SEC is a LOS league. We are losing at the LOS with our OL. We have to get better there.

preachermatt83
01-03-2016, 01:50 PM
3. We had 5 draft picks last year and will have 6 this April- thats 11 in two years. Only 1 of those 11 was higher than 3 stars. We are also in the top half of the SEC in draft picks the last 5 years. We obviously have talent.

Andbyet they are killing us on the feild. We need a crooter

Coach34
01-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Andbyet they are killing us on the feild. We need a crooter

they only "killed us" because our OL couldnt protect our QB and we couldnt run.

We had the All-SEC QB
We had 2 of the 4 All-SEC WR's
We have 4 draft picks on defense this year alone after 3 last year

We havent had 1 draft pick on the OL that Mullen has recruited. There is your answer to the problem

turkish
01-03-2016, 03:23 PM
I can't believe this whole board has been talking about impending doom for UOM for their recruiting improprieties since CJ Johnson was in HS, and now the whole board wants us to enhance our Network and be more like them, all the while saying UOM is still deserving of NCAA sanctions. It's like a weird dream.

It really is as simple as fixing the OL and sustaining our progress elsewhere.

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-03-2016, 03:26 PM

I understand your point, and don't totally disagree with it, but nobody would hire Bruce Arians as a head coach until he had to take over for for Pagano. Just because no one has ever hired him as a DC doesn't automatically mean he will do a bad job.

MabenMaroon
01-03-2016, 03:29 PM
I can't believe this whole board has been talking about impending doom for UOM for their recruiting improprieties since CJ Johnson was in HS, and now the whole board wants us to enhance our Network and be more like them, all the while saying UOM is still deserving of NCAA sanctions. It's like a weird dream.

^^^THIS!!! OVER AND OVER, AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!^^^

Coach34
01-03-2016, 03:32 PM
I understand your point, and don't totally disagree with it, but nobody would hire Bruce Arians as a head coach until he had to take over for for Pagano. Just because no one has ever hired him as a DC doesn't automatically mean he will do a bad job.

well Arians failed miserably in his 1st stint as a HC at Temple. O has never been a DC period

Op4isabitch
01-03-2016, 03:41 PM

In a perfect world I prefer we not cheat. I hate cheating in anything, it sucks.
However, if the NCAA isn't enforcing the rules does doing some of these underhanded things still get deemed as cheating??
I don't know the answer but I can assure you that if we sit idle then we will be left in the dust.

I seen it dawg
01-03-2016, 06:36 PM
O isn't leaving LSU as the d-line coach to be our D-line coach.

Exactly

dawgoneyall
01-03-2016, 06:46 PM
If the NCAA doesn't condemn/punish one school for improprieties then those improprieties then become the standard.