PDA

View Full Version : Mel Tucker??

Noxdog
01-02-2016, 04:49 PM
PJ mentioning him. Also, Tom Allen & Hopson as candidates.

Tucker has DC experience from the NFL. Current DB coach at Bama.

It_Could_Happen
01-02-2016, 04:59 PM
Would be silly for us to not even look at Todd Orlando.

deltadawg99
01-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Hopson as a position coach, not DC

engie
01-02-2016, 05:04 PM
Would be silly for us to not even look at Todd Orlando.

Just hired at Houston -- but I agree. Would be a really good hire. Nominate Nate Woody and Marcell Yates as well along with all the other names being thrown out there.

MetEdDawg
01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
Tucker would be a huge get. Has almost 10 years of NFL coaching experience with 7 of those being a DC. He knows him some damn DBs. Bring him in to be the DC and coach safeties or CBs and let Townsend coach the other. That would be a huge get in my opinion.

In other news, if we ever want to wonder why teams like Bama do better than us on the field, let's not just look at recruiting. Mel Tucker is Bama's DB coach. Freaking 10 years of NFL coaching experience, along with a 5 game stint as an interim HC for the Jaguars. We don't have that kind of person on our staff anywhere. Sure would be nice to have a few of those guys on our staff. Might even the playing field just a little bit.

Sacrifice
01-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Just hired at Houston -- but I agree. Would be a really good hire. Nominate Nate Woody and Marcell Yates as well along with all the other names being thrown out there.

I hope we look at Nate Woody too. He's turned the Appalachian St defense completely around.

Coach34
01-03-2016, 12:04 PM

should definitely get a hard look

mic
01-03-2016, 12:12 PM
And this is why Bama is light years ahead of us...
Strength coach making over 500k
An ex NFL DC is the DB coach at Bama...

If your going to pay your head guy 4M+, you have to pay assistants to get some good ones here..

defiantdog
01-03-2016, 12:43 PM
PJ mentioning him. Also, Tom Allen & Hopson as candidates.

Would be a killer hire, but I think he's going to UGA.

Really Clark?
01-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Would be a killer hire, but I think he's going to UGA.

Your thinking of Glen Schumann. He is supposedly going with Smart