PDA

View Full Version : It's Coach O..

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 03:59 PM
You can count on it. I think O is really mad he was passed over as DC at LSU and we will get him as DC and will replace Hughes as Associate HC and recruiting Coord. And look for Turner to leave and that will open up a place for LB coach.

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Expect in the neighborhood of 750k.

cheewgumm
01-02-2016, 04:01 PM
I hope you're right. That will signal that Mullen is tired of the OMU beatings in recruiting and play.

Bucky Dog
01-02-2016, 04:03 PM
And let's get Jay Hopson too and double his salary from Alcorn and he can handle DB's and possibly call plays and schemes. This could actually end up being a very good thing and just the spark we needed!

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 04:03 PM
Don't be suprised if a deal is already done and is announced soon.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 04:04 PM
And let's get Jay Hopson too and double his salary from Alcorn and he can handle DB's and possibly call plays and schemes. This could actually end up being a very good thing and just the spark we needed!

That would make too much sense for it to actually happen

starkvegasdawg
01-02-2016, 04:04 PM

Sure do hope you're right.

vv83
01-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Please let this happen

MarketingBully
01-02-2016, 04:09 PM
If that happens, we would start to recruit on OM's level. I would love that!

sleepy dawg
01-02-2016, 04:11 PM
You can count on it. I think O is really mad he was passed over as DC at LSU and we will get him as DC and will replace Hughes as Associate HC and recruiting Coord. And look for Turner to leave and that will open up a place for LB coach.

Just curious, but is this just a hunch you have, or based on some information?

MafiaDawg
01-02-2016, 04:11 PM

You can count on you not having a clue what you are talking about. If Dan didn't want O last time what makes anyone think he will want him this time. What's changed?

Dallas_Dawg
01-02-2016, 04:12 PM

Good question sleepy

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 04:12 PM
You can count on you not having a clue what you are talking about. If Dan didn't want O last time what makes anyone think he will want him this time. What's changed?

Ole Miss has changed

confucius say
01-02-2016, 04:13 PM

You got some info here or just talkin?

VandelayIndustries
01-02-2016, 04:13 PM
He was offered the LSU DC job and turned it down. He's not coming here

MarketingBully
01-02-2016, 04:14 PM

Actually, O finished second to Diaz for the job. There was even a deal in place so it isn't that far fetched.

the59dawg
01-02-2016, 04:15 PM
And why didn't LSU want him as DC?

MarketingBully

The Wisconsin DC is LSU's next coordinator. He wasn't offered LSU's DC job.

RIdog
Expect in the neighborhood of 750k.

Pretty sure he just re-upped for 2 years at $900k per - so you're saying he's willing to take a $150k per year pay cut ?

civildawg

This

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Based on the first 20 posts in this thread none of you have a ****ing clue who our next DC is going to be

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 04:18 PM
This

No, not this. He was never offered the job

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 04:23 PM
No, not this. He was never offered the job

Exactly. And anyone who said he was is just drunk.

Bucky Dog
You guys are idiots if you think O was offered the DC spot at LSU and turned it down! He is pissed that he got passed over again and wants to come here for the DC job. Listen to the Preacher!! And don't be surprised if it is announced really soon as he says.
Preach, do you hear we are going after Hopson too?

TrapGame
Based on the first 20 posts in this thread none of you have a ****ing clue who our next DC is going to be

Thread winner.

preachermatt83

A little bit of both but just watch.

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 04:24 PM
You guys are idiots if you think O was offered the DC spot at LSU and turned it down! He is pissed that he got passed over again and wants to come here for the DC job. Listen to the Preacher!! And don't be surprised if it is announced really soon as he says.
Preach, do you hear we are going after Hopson too?

EXACTLY!!! Not hearing anything but rumblings on jay.

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 04:25 PM

Dan wanted him last time.

MetEdDawg
01-02-2016, 04:30 PM
I will preface this by saying I was very much against him going into this year. My attitude has changed on that because we do one thing significantly worse than the teams we are trying to be like and that's recruit.

We develop talent better than anyone. We play good football with what we have. We have the facilities and have proven we can get to number 1. But we haven't proven we can recruit on a consistent basis and the deficiencies there were magnified this year in our games against teams of better talent. We will always develop talent under Mullen, regardless of who else is on the sideline coaching. But if we want to be an elite program, we've got to bring in an elite recruiter and Orgeron is just that.

Here's what we need to do in the next 2 weeks:

1) Offer Orgeron 1 million dollars to be our DC/recruiting coordinator
2) Either dump Turner or move him to LBs
3) Find a safeties coach
4) Move Sallach back to the office

But we need to do number 1 and we need to do it asap. We've all said recruiting is keeping us from being a consistent contender. Here's the opportunity to make it happen. Open up the wallet, offer Orgeron the big bucks, and become a major player for some of the top players in the country.

ElitedawgRecruiting
01-02-2016, 04:31 PM

So we are gonna let our lead recruiter on Simmons go for a guy that hasn't proven he is a good DC and let him take over for Turner?

starkvegasdawg
01-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Have a friend who is buddies with the owner of the veranda that said he saw Mullen and O in their so much last summer he thought he was already on staff. This person posts here and if he's back from vacation and reading elite maybe he can elaborate.

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 04:34 PM
So we are gonna let our lead recruiter on Simmons go for a guy that hasn't proven he is a good DC and let him take over for Turner?

If Turner leaves it will be of his own accord. I'm not saying we will fire him. There is a lot of ppl who think he's been offered another job within the SEC.

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Have a friend who is buddies with the owner of the veranda that said he saw Mullen and O in their so much last summer he thought he was already on staff. This person posts here and if he's back from vacation and reading elite maybe he can elaborate.

There is only 1 reason that O was not hired last year. We needed a quick answer and he couldn't give it. There was no hard feelings and when he was passed over at LSU for the DC spot this year things got serious. He was mullen's first choice last year.

the59dawg
01-02-2016, 04:38 PM
How about a comment fm 'ifyouonlyknew'

Jack Lambert
01-02-2016, 04:39 PM
He has had HC jobs. He is an excellent candidate.

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 04:42 PM

Or Coach O just likes to get shitfaced hammered for free.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2016, 04:48 PM
I will preface this by saying I was very much against him going into this year. My attitude has changed on that because we do one thing significantly worse than the teams we are trying to be like and that's recruit.

We develop talent better than anyone. We play good football with what we have. We have the facilities and have proven we can get to number 1. But we haven't proven we can recruit on a consistent basis and the deficiencies there were magnified this year in our games against teams of better talent. We will always develop talent under Mullen, regardless of who else is on the sideline coaching. But if we want to be an elite program, we've got to bring in an elite recruiter and Orgeron is just that.

Here's what we need to do in the next 2 weeks:

1) Offer Orgeron 1 million dollars to be our DC/recruiting coordinator
2) Either dump Turner or move him to LBs
3) Find a safeties coach
4) Move Sallach back to the office

But we need to do number 1 and we need to do it asap. We've all said recruiting is keeping us from being a consistent contender. Here's the opportunity to make it happen. Open up the wallet, offer Orgeron the big bucks, and become a major player for some of the top players in the country.

Also the compliance guy. He's the money block to recruits.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Or Coach O just likes to get shitfaced hammered for free.

Haha, I'd take that meeting

preachermatt83
01-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Pretty sure he just re-upped for 2 years at $900k per - so you're saying he's willing to take a $150k per year pay cut ?

That was the total for the two year contract genius. 895k for 2 years. Not per year. I think he may have actually gotten a bump since then though. But no where close to 900 per year.

Mjoelner34
01-02-2016, 04:58 PM

It was me. It wasn't Jay that told me that but it was one of his managers. I went in one night and we were talking football. I told him that we had just hired Manny again. He looked shocked and said that he thought we had already hired O "....because he was in here all the time the last couple of months."

PassInterference
01-02-2016, 05:01 PM

YES!

Orgeron would bring in 5 more Simmons players...eventually.

There is nothing I wouldn't trade for a modern crooter.

defiantdog
01-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Coach O? Really?

NCDawg
01-02-2016, 05:04 PM
A little bit of both but just watch.

Sure hope you're right. It would be nice to win some recruiting battles again, and Orgeron is the man that can do it. His players love him.

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 05:08 PM
It was me. It wasn't Jay that told me that but it was one of his managers. I went in one night and we were talking football. I told him that we had just hired Manny again. He looked shocked and said that he thought we had already hired O "....because he was in here all the time the last couple of months."

$10 says that manager can't pick out O in a lineup consisting of O, Les Miles and Bugs Bunny

Mjoelner34
01-02-2016, 05:10 PM
$10 says that manager can't pick out O in a lineup consisting of O, Les Miles and Bugs Bunny

Keep it. You probably need it more than I do. Don't worry. He could.

ScoobaDawg
01-02-2016, 05:11 PM
YES!

Evidently you would trade performance on the field.... Eddie o IS NOT THE ANSWER to our DC problem (as far as calling plays)

HancockCountyDog
01-02-2016, 05:14 PM
YES!

Someone needs to check his "crootin" record at ole miss, he was always in it for recruits, came up 2nd a lot of times.

Croom kicked his ass on the crooting trail more than once. Croom.

If you take away the croots that would have signed with the bears regardless of the coach, his record becomes pretty pedestrian.

Political Hack
01-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Coach O flew from CA to MS, drove to Morton unannounced, and banged on Quay Evan's front door at midnight until he opened it. I don't know if I love that or if it scares the shit out of me.

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Keep it. You probably need it more than I do. Don't worry. He could.

Ha you could get like 3 baskets of wings on monday night though with that $10 chief

Jack Lambert
01-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Coach O flew from CA to MS, drove to Morton unannounced, and banged on Quay Evan's front door at midnight until he opened it. I don't know if I love that or if it scares the shit out of me.

Hell he might should become an debt collector.

IMissJack
01-02-2016, 05:51 PM

I have no idea what is going to happen, but you can bet that these recruits look for name recognition, swag, and press. I don't think they would not come because Turner was replaced by O. Most kids would probably like it better.

Stormrider26
01-02-2016, 06:41 PM
A couple recruits and current players are following Coach O on Twitter. Just an observation.

Dawgowar
01-02-2016, 06:49 PM

Hack, if he were recruiting for you it would be ok. On the other hand if he was banging at your door professing undying love for you then it would most assuredly NOT be cool. Stalking vs recruiting - the line blurs.

Spiderman
01-02-2016, 06:53 PM

This

bulldogcountry1
01-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Mullen and Orgeron would be like oil and boiled crawfish water?

Tripp McNeely
01-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Am I the only one who thinks Mullen and Orgeron would be like oil and boiled crawfish water?

Maybe that's what Mullen needs...somebody who has the gumption and clout to keep Mullen's nose out of the defense

Really Clark?
01-02-2016, 07:48 PM
Maybe that's what Mullen needs...somebody who has the gumption and clout to keep Mullen's nose out of the defense

Fine hire yaw yaw as the defensive enforcer/recruiter. Just don't give him play calling duty.

RealHastings
01-02-2016, 10:21 PM
You got some info here or just talkin?

I can almost guarantee he has no info whatsoever. If we do hire Coach O -- "See I told youu!!1!" But when we don't hire him -- "The sand shifted. Something changed last minute."

mstatefan91
01-02-2016, 10:31 PM
All of that making fun of Coach O is gonna blow up in our face if we hire him. Granted, I don't give a shit if he gets us some players.

bulldogcountry1
01-02-2016, 10:33 PM

I can see it now...

Mullen shows up to a presser with a black eye. He laughs it off and blames it on an errant football. He then promptly announces that Orgeron has left the program for health reasons.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2016, 10:38 PM
I can see it now...

Mullen shows up to a presser with a black eye. He laughs it off and blames it on an errant football. He then promptly announces that Orgeron has left the program for health reasons.

How do you know Mullen won't whip his ass?

BossDawg
01-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Coach O would be just the spark MSU needed to start getting a lot of these recruits to at least consider MSU. BUT, I'm not holding my breath. Remember who we are. Our athletic department is pretty notorious for sitting on its hands. I've seen similar situations play out too many times at State to get my hopes up. "So-and-so is a lock...expect so-and-so to be our next so-and-so", yadda yadda, etc. etc., and so on and so on.....and every time we're kicked in the nuts. It's getting old.

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 10:46 PM
How do you know Mullen won't whip his ass?

C'mon, Jack. Ed has a better chance of beating Dan in new-England geography than Dan does of beat the ogre in a fight.

My coach can beat up your coach.*****************

maroonmania
01-02-2016, 10:48 PM
Coach O would be just the spark MSU needed to start getting a lot of these recruits to at least consider MSU. BUT, I'm not holding my breath. Remember who we are. Our athletic department is pretty notorious for sitting on its hands. I've seen similar situations play out too many times at State to get my hopes up. "So-and-so is a lock...expect so-and-so to be our next so-and-so", yadda yadda, etc. etc., and so on and so on.....and every time we're kicked in the nuts. It's getting old.

Yep, we are the school who still has an ex-HS football coach running the compliance department. I would expect us to rehire Carl Torbush out of retirement before hiring Coach O.

Really Clark?
01-02-2016, 10:51 PM
Yep, we are the school who still has an ex-HS football coach running the compliance department. I would expect us to rehire Carl Torbush out of retirement before hiring Coach O.

Torbush is not retired. He is the head coach at East Tenn St

confucius say
01-02-2016, 10:59 PM
Hack, if he were recruiting for you it would be ok. On the other hand if he was banging at your door professing undying love for you then it would most assuredly NOT be cool. Stalking vs recruiting - the line blurs.

Wait, that qualifies as stalking? Damn. I'm screwed.

maroonmania
01-03-2016, 12:09 AM
Torbush is not retired. He is the head coach at East Tenn St

Whatever, retired from FBS then.

I seen it dawg
01-03-2016, 12:51 AM
All of that making fun of Coach O is gonna blow up in our face if we hire him. Granted, I don't give a shit if he gets us some players.

He gives about as much **** of us making fun of him as Mullen does about Stricklin calling him on the carpet.

War Machine Dawg
01-03-2016, 02:05 AM

To be fair, Dan wanted O. We wouldn't cough up the cash for him.

mic
01-03-2016, 02:09 AM

Mother ****ing pay some guys to come here.. Doesn't have to be O, but there are out there..
I said it before if the ****ing head guy is making north of 4 million you find the $$ needed to get some top coaches here..

War Machine Dawg
01-03-2016, 02:11 AM
Mother ****ing pay some guys to come here.. Doesn't have to be O, but there are out there..
I said it before if the ****ing head guy is making north of 4 million you find the $$ needed to get some top coaches here..

Completely agree. Our assistant pay is a huge hindrance to where we want to go. Gotta cough up the cash if we want a real DC.

mstatefan91
01-03-2016, 02:18 AM
He gives about as much **** of us making fun of him as Mullen does about Stricklin calling him on the carpet.
I meant with the black bears. Not coach O, himself. I doubt coach O gives a shit.

NCDawg
01-03-2016, 02:30 AM

So you are saying we are going to cough up the cash for him this time?

War Machine Dawg
01-03-2016, 02:34 AM

I have no idea. Just stating what the common thought at the time was. Unlike some, I don't claim to have any sources or inside info. I'll find out who we're hiring when it's broken right here on ED. But I definitely have a list of candidates I'd like to see interviewed and it starts with these guys: Pelini, O, Lance Thomson, and Mel Tucker. Any one of those 4 would be gold.

BossDawg
01-03-2016, 04:21 AM

Probably not. We're more than likely gonna keep doing the same old shit we always do and hope we squeeze some blood out of the turnip this time. Insanity...it's how our athletic department operates.

Bucky Dog
01-03-2016, 09:14 AM
I have no idea. Just stating what the common thought at the time was. Unlike some, I don't claim to have any sources or inside info. I'll find out who we're hiring when it's broken right here on ED. But I definitely have a list of candidates I'd like to see interviewed and it starts with these guys: Pelini, O, Lance Thomson, and Mel Tucker. Any one of those 4 would be gold.
Don't know Tucker, but you have to think Pelini would jump at the next best job or HC job when it came open, and it sounds like Thompson is working his way to HC. O probably figures he isn't going to to be a HC at a major school so being a DC and RC make good coin will be the ceiling for him.