PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on our pending DC hire:

Jacksondevildog
01-02-2016, 03:56 PM
We need to bring in someone that can recruit. That's my only requirement and concern. Anybody that we bring in will coach fine. They need to be able to recruit. We need to do something to level the playing field in state. I'm not worried about what scheme they run. It's all about recruiting talent these days.

Statefan
01-02-2016, 04:00 PM
Isn't Mississippis DC known to be a poor recruiter but a great coach?

ETA: his only commitments are from 2 3*s

I think we need a good coach too.... We play against some pretty talented players every year.

Jacksondevildog
01-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Isn't Mississippis DC known to be a poor recruiter but a great coach?

ETA: his only commitments are from 2 3*s

I think we need a good coach too.... We play against some pretty talented players every year.

I have no clue, but they take recruiting seriously. People say that Luke sucks at OL coach, but he's tireless in recruiting.

engie
01-02-2016, 04:03 PM
You don't hire coordinators for their recruiting prowess.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Not this ****ing argument again. You're gonna get Engie all fired up

Jacksondevildog
01-02-2016, 04:06 PM

Kirby Smart is a hell of a recruiter. Muschamp too.

Maybe it's time that we hire a coordinator for their recruiting prowess. How dare us do something differently?

MrKotter
01-02-2016, 04:08 PM

You would think this would be easy to understand but with all the idiotic Orgeron talk it apparently isn't

MarketingBully
01-02-2016, 04:12 PM
It would work in a scenario where O wears the title of DC but someone like a Hopson calls the plays.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 04:16 PM
While I agree that you can't hire a coordinator just on his recruiting ability, it doesn't matter if saban is the DC when you have Z. Jackson and Cleveland as starters. Fact of the matter is we have got to get some ****ing talent. If that means taking a chance on a guy who has been around defenses for 20 but never been a DC then I'm willing to give it a shot. It's time to make a move or the talent gap is going to get so wide we will fade back into the darkness

mic
01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
This is on our AD..
Mother ****ing open up the pocket book and get some top notch guys in here..
****ing head guy is making north of 4 million.. NOBODY worth a shit is Coming here for peanuts..

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 05:12 PM
It would work in a scenario where O wears the title of DC but someone like a Hopson calls the plays.

Or Tom Allen.

That's what I hope happens. We get Orgeron for the DC/DL, Allen for Co-DC/LB, and then Buckley for safeties. That or Deshea takes over DB's and we get Lance Thompson for OLB.

Then move Hevesy and Sallach to the office and then bring in some Big 10 o-line coach and then someone else that is a badass recruiter at the TE coach position.

engie
01-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Kirby Smart is a hell of a recruiter. Muschamp too.

Maybe it's time that we hire a coordinator for their recruiting prowess. How dare us do something differently?

Yeah, both of those guys were hired as DCs because of their recruiting prowess**

A DC being able to recruit is a bonus -- not a necessity. You don't HIRE that spot for recruiting. It's common sense to such a great extent it blows my mind that people don't understand it. I'm convinced people didn't even watch the Orange Bowl last year.

ScoobaDawg
01-02-2016, 05:18 PM
We need to bring in someone that can recruit. That's my only requirement and concern. Anybody that we bring in will coach fine. They need to be able to recruit. We need to do something to level the playing field in state. I'm not worried about what scheme they run. It's all about recruiting talent these days.

this idea is just stupid beyond belief... some fans are just showing their ignorance.

BHildreth3
01-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Thompson is at South Carolina with his friend Muschamp. Not going to hire him. Dan will make a good hire for DC. He's done that every year but it won't be who we all want.

ScoobaDawg
01-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Yeah, both of those guys were hired as DCs because of their recruiting prowess!111!1

You really can't...and I don't see us having co-DC's if O would even come for that.
Plus is our administration going to allow him to work his magic? No chance..

Spiderman
01-02-2016, 06:10 PM

My 1st choice would be Tom Allen. I think he is a good coach plus he knows all Bucky's recruiting skeletons and tricks.

Then The DC at U of Houston, then Lance Thompson

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 06:18 PM
My 1st choice would be Tom Allen. I think he is a good coach plus he knows all Bucky's recruiting skeletons and tricks.

Then The DC at U of Houston, then Lance Thompson

And even better- he knows Freeze and his tendencies as a play caller as well as Wommack.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
01-02-2016, 06:49 PM
Is wanting Coach O the equivalent of wanting Trump as President? If so....I'M IN!!

was21
01-02-2016, 07:00 PM
If we're going to roll the dice, Shane Beamer has as much experience as a DC as Orgeron does. He's also younger, a damn good recruiter, his wife is from Starkville and knows the state of Mississippi...one of the brighter hires under C---ms and he comes from a good bloodline.