Where did that come from ? Geez ....

Per Twitter. Official.

BrunswickDawg
01-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Guess it was Manny not Mullen talking to Miami***

ScoobaDawg
01-02-2016, 03:06 PM
WTF???? didn't see that coming...
Alright... we might have a serious problem if Mullen is running DC's off every year...

ScottH
Paging Tom Allen

TheRef
Wow....just wow....

OurState
01-02-2016, 03:07 PM
WTF

Op4isabitch
That's out of left field. I think we upgrade though this time, not a Diaz fan.

starkvegasdawg
Unreal.

deltadawg99
Go all in on Orgeron or Tom Allen.

spudd21
WTF???? didn't see that coming...
Alright... we might have a serious problem if Mullen is running DC's off every year...
This is a bit concerning.

K9 Avenger
01-02-2016, 03:08 PM
Time for Coach O as DC and recruiting coordinator...

Big4Dawg
Is this mullen's 6th DC?
Torabush
Diaz
Wilson
Collins
Diaz
????

spudd21
This was what worried me when we hired him, that he was not here long.

TheRef
So Manny lied to our faces....directly to our faces. I hope we get to stomp a mudhole in his chest soon.

RIdog
01-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Paging Tom Allen

LIKE !

Coach34
01-02-2016, 03:10 PM
Yep- heard it an hour ago. Sux

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Why would an established DC come to work for the meddler?

ScoobaDawg
01-02-2016, 03:11 PM
So Manny lied to our faces....directly to our faces. I hope we get to stomp a mudhole in his chest soon.

Yea... I want to know...Did Manny lie to us? or did Mullen run another DC off by overstepping his control on that side of the ball.....
The one thing I can understand..It's Miami. It's his home town and they just got a hell of a head coach upgrade...

bluelightstar
01-02-2016, 03:12 PM
The real question is why Mullen can't keep a defensive coordinator.

msstate7
01-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Probably a huge blow with our chances on moon and Simmons

HailState39110
01-02-2016, 03:13 PM
I think we need to talk to Jay Hopson. Had a great year at Alcorn and knows MISSISSIPPI high school football. We need someone to fill that role that Tony Hughes had

defiantdog
01-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Busch league move by Manny

JohnnyQuid
01-02-2016, 03:15 PM
liar. hope he shits the bed and ends up in some mudhole in lousiana again

msstate7
01-02-2016, 03:15 PM
So richt going to 4-3 or manny to 3-4?

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 03:16 PM
From an employee standpoint would you rather work for Richt or Dan "The Meddler" Mullen? Ever notice how our defensive philosophy doesn't really change much even though the DC does?

ETA: This thread has 30 views and 29 comments, not many casual observers on this one.

Tripp McNeely
01-02-2016, 03:16 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 03:17 PM
The real question is why Mullen can't keep a defensive coordinator.

I don't think that's the case here. Diaz is from Miami. I am pretty sure his dad was the mayor of Miami for awhile. So when Miami asks Diaz to come home and be their DC I don't think that's an opportunity he is going to turn down and he didn't.

I was not impressed with Diaz this year. We got burnt by so many big plays. Hell just look at the bowl game. NCSU scored 21 points on three plays over 40 yards.

BossDawg
01-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Later, Manny. Not too dissapointed. I'm not a fan of the "bend, don't break" garbage. Like everyone else, I just wonder why Mullen goes through so many DCs. However, like I said I'm not too concerned about it. This is a good chance to upgrade and perhaps get a better recruiter.

msstate7
01-02-2016, 03:18 PM
From an employee standpoint would you rather work for Richt or Dan "The Meddler" Mullen?

Didn't richt and his DC (Pruitt) have a falling out this year? Regardless, manny gone and I'm not really worried except for Simmons and moon

Liverpooldawg
01-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Meh..............I wasn't that happy when we hired him back. Go get another, hopefully better, one.

Blackout
01-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Haha we are M-State

You know he had to be begging for this job too. All trains lead out of Starkville it appears.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 03:20 PM
LO ****ing L. What a shitshow we have. Complete joke

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 03:21 PM
We were dead last in the NCAA in recovering fumbles this year. We recovered one. See ya later Hawk MissTackling Diaz

GreenheadDawg
Didn't richt and his DC (Pruitt) have a falling out this year? Regardless, manny gone and I'm not really worried except for Simmons and moon

Simmons is gone regardless of who the DC is

HancockCountyDog
The timing just sucks.

Dear God, don't hire Coach 0.

defiantdog
01-02-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm hoping the rumors of Todd Orlando are true right now because I think he'd be an upgrade.

Statefan
If Diaz was really concerned about his working relationship with Mullen I don't think he would have come back

The players are ripping him on Twitter

BrunswickDawg
Later, Manny. Not too dissapointed. I'm not a fan of the "bend, don't break" garbage. Like everyone else, I just wonder why Mullen goes through so many DCs. However, like I said I'm not too concerned about it. This is a good chance to upgrade and perhaps get a better recruiter.
But is Dan really running them off?
Everybody wanted Torbush gone.
Manny left for $ and Starz
Everybody wanted Wilson gone.
Many were dissatisfied with Collins and called him Wilson 2.0
Manny burns us again to go home.

I'd say other than Collins - who it definitely looked like Dan ran off, the issue seems to be bad hiring decisions in the first place.

defiantdog
01-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Simmons is gone regardless of who the DC is

Good sources..... Talk to his mom then come back with that statement.

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 03:23 PM
The timing just sucks.

Dear God, don't hire Coach 0.

Actually the timing is good if there is to be a change. Dan hasn't attended the coaches convention yet. This might make getting a secondary coach easier too.

sleepy dawg
01-02-2016, 03:24 PM
f*ck that guy

confucius say
01-02-2016, 03:24 PM
Later, Manny. Not too dissapointed. I'm not a fan of the "bend, don't break" garbage. Like everyone else, I just wonder why Mullen goes through so many DCs.

Pretty easy to figure out. Torbush was horrible. Wilson not much better. The two to leave on their own were Collins and Diaz, Collins to a premier school and Diaz to a premier school and then back home. Not surprising

RIdog
01-02-2016, 03:25 PM
I'm hoping the rumors of Todd Orlando are true right now because I think he'd be an upgrade.

Who he ?

PassInterference
01-02-2016, 03:25 PM
That hurts.

Hurts even more than Mullen can't keep a DC. Make all the excuses you want. Losing a DC every year is horrible. Its a game changer. Doesn't matter how good of an offensive Einstein he is. If he can't be the CEO of a football team, he is a failure of a head coach.

confucius say
01-02-2016, 03:26 PM
If Diaz was really concerned about his working relationship with Mullen I don't think he would have come back

The players are ripping him on Twitter

Links?

CrookedLetta
01-02-2016, 03:27 PM
What are the player saying on Twitter? For us without Twitter

defiantdog
01-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Who he ?

DC at Houston..... Was at Utah State before that

TheRef
What are the player saying on Twitter? For us without Twitter

Saying that he dipped out like a coward, basically.

C222
Probably knew Dan wants out as well. Like I said when Court left, won't be the last coach to leave.

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 03:29 PM
We will probably recycle Ellis Johnson again.

confucius say
01-02-2016, 03:30 PM
DC at Houston..... Was at Utah State before that

Makes 500k at Houston. More than I would have thought.

Blackout
01-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Probably knew Dan wants out as well.

This. Damn it's not hard to understand. Long term job security. Who knows if Dan wanted to bring him along to all those jobs he wanted. Gets to go home. No brainer for Manny and it all falls at the feet of our dear leader Dan Mullen

ScottH
01-02-2016, 03:33 PM
We will probably recycle Ellis Johnson again.

I just realized yesterday Muschamp hired Johnson as LB coach.

cheewgumm
01-02-2016, 03:34 PM
How much does Ole Miss' DC make? Offer him more.

Or Orgeron.

Political Hack
Pretty easy to figure out. Torbush was horrible. Wilson not much better. The two to leave on their own were Collins and Diaz, Collins to a premier school and Diaz to a premier school and then back home. Not surprising

That is how it happened, but we need to do a better job of ensuring some consistency regardless. The next guy needs to be here 3-4 years. I can't believe he waited until after the bowl game. Terrible timing from a recruiting standpoint. I understand him wanting to move home. When he said "Miami" to his wife I can guarantee you she didn't even respond, she just got up and started packing. Their shit was probably still in boxes though... They were just camping out, like he always does.

HoopsDawg
Time for Coach O as DC and recruiting coordinator...

If we bring in Hopson and O, we will see immediate improvement in recruiting.

gravedigger
01-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Per Twitter. Official.

Who would u rather work for.

LC Dawg
01-02-2016, 03:35 PM
**** Manny. I hope I don't have to hear his or Brewster's name ever again. We helped them both out and they both screwed us.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-02-2016, 03:36 PM
It seems like Tom Allen would make a lot of sense. He may hate Mullen though.

confucius say
How much does Ole Miss' DC make? Offer him more.

Or Orgeron.

Orgeron was just passed over by Lsu for it's dc job. Hired the guy from Wisconsin. Just a thought.

HancockCountyDog
If we bring in Hopson and O, we will see immediate improvement in recruiting.

O ain't leaving LSU unless we make him DC. That would be a trainwreck.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 03:37 PM
Good sources..... Talk to his mom then come back with that statement.

Wanna wager on it tough guy?

confucius say
01-02-2016, 03:38 PM
That is how it happened, but we need to do a better job of ensuring some consistency regardless. The next guy needs to be here 3-4 years. I can't believe he waited until after the bowl game. Terrible timing from a recruiting standpoint. I understand him wanting to move home. When he said "Miami" to his wife I can guarantee you she didn't even respond, she just got up and started packing. Their shit was probably still in boxes though... They were just camping out, like he always does.

If you want a good dc to stay, you have to give them autonomy and pay them relative to what the big boys pay, same way we pay mullen relative to the big boys.

War Machine Dawg
01-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Good riddance. I never wanted Manny back in the first place. Now let's go hire the Ogre and get this shit back on track. Also, please let someone hire Hevesy as their OC.

Maroonthirteen
01-02-2016, 03:39 PM

Ah, some reasonable thinking.

Gezzzz, people! The only blame to place on Mullen is rehiring the guy. You had to know he wouldn't stay. But I have no idea what options Mullen had last hiring cycle.

Regardless, twice guys left for a better job. Yes, better. Then one leaves again for his home town. You can't fault Mullen for that.

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Any of those coaches at EMCC worthy of a look? They have dominated JC ball for five years now. Maybe we should bring one or two of them in and lock down that school for recruiting for life.

cheewgumm
01-02-2016, 03:43 PM
We need to find a way to improve our network quickly. To me that's THE most important thing.

Who can help with that? Orgeron

deltadawg99
01-02-2016, 03:43 PM
What about chizik? He's a helluva a DC.

PendingTransaction
01-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Mullen will NEVER keep a DC. And know established DC who's not in bankruptcy will work for him. This could get worse quickly. Townsend back to NFL and Turner to SC.

TheRef
01-02-2016, 03:45 PM

I mean...did you see his "great" defense at UNC during the Bowl game? Not a good last impression to leave if you want to take a job somewhere else.

Blackout
01-02-2016, 03:46 PM
**** Manny. I hope I don't have to hear his or Brewster's name ever again. We helped them both out and they both screwed us.

I am a loser in every sense of the word. Just not the guy people want to go with.

C222
01-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Mullen will NEVER keep a DC. And know established DC who's not in bankruptcy will work for him. This could get worse quickly. Townsend back to NFL and Turner to SC.

Yep. D. Turner might be next.

JoseBrown
01-02-2016, 03:48 PM
If Hevesy finds somewhere to go maybe we'd be on to something, but a new DC every year has got to stop. But what the hell do I know.

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 03:48 PM

Please pick another school to root for. Your MSU badge has just been revoked.

SallyStansbury
01-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Man, please..........say it isn't so.

Ifyouonlyknew is online now aka Dan Mullen
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by SallyStansbury View Post

I think C34 is correct.

IfYouOnlyKnew deserves all the credit and support for what he has done for MSU, but he is not beyond question.

To choke down the offense so blatantly vs Olemiss and Bama is alarming. But those coaches deserve credit for gameplanning for IfYouOnlyKnew's tendencies and stubbornness. Ask Bucky what it is like to be shut down effectively almost 100% by TCU or Ohio State to get destroyed by a well coached but athletically inferior Viginia Tech team. Shit happens. The subject of this thread is legit. Another fear of mine is that IfYouOnlyKnew has his hands all over our defense. I have no way to know this and I hope Diaz gets full control, but history suggests this will not be the case. If we see two ass kicking corners (ours) playing 10 yards off the LSU receivers and Jones and James "eat space" and not get after the QB we will know that Diaz had to kneel down and kiss the ring, and we will see more of the same.

I like C34's suggestion of being less predictable and he even gave examples of what we should sprinkle in....that is what message boards are for.
Mullen doesn't tell the DC what to do. That's a terrible msg board rumor that has somehow become passed off as fact.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

and is the above poster correct who suggests Turner may be gone to SC as well as Townsend to the NFL?? holy freakin' shit? I guess all these folks get antsy when they see Coach Mullen job hunting again* mid-season. Micromanaging with the bend but don't break passive philosophy bullshit hurts too, but at some point Dan has to look inwards and take some blame for our inconsistency on the Defensive coaching staff. Just when we were feeling better about the bowl victory, damn it.

Sacrifice
01-02-2016, 03:52 PM
This kind of sh:t just makes it look like our house is not in order. Rumors of Mullen interviewing for other jobs, Hughes leaving, now Diaz leaving. We're not the best recruiters in the world already, this will only hurt us. Meanwhile our biggest rival is kicking ass and taking names. Makes me sick

smootness
01-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Welp, Diaz is officially a dick. Hope his career tanks again at Miami and nobody else is willing to give him the 3rd chance.

Blackout
01-02-2016, 03:56 PM
Please pick another school to root for. Your MSU badge has just been revoked.

Why can't we croot? Why can't we get any decent assistants. 7 years, zero quality coordinators. New DC every year. Don't play talented freshmen. It's obvious we are not a place that top quality talent on the field and on the staff wants to be. That's got to change but the major thing in the way is the HC. New DC's, same scheme, DC leaves. HC wants to leave.

Just sucks because it doesn't have to be this way. Our friends to the North prove it.

confucius say
01-02-2016, 03:59 PM
This kind of sh:t just makes it look like our house is not in order. Rumors of Mullen interviewing for other jobs, Hughes leaving, now Diaz leaving. We're not the best recruiters in the world already, this will only hurt us. Meanwhile our biggest rival is kicking ass and taking names. Makes me sick

Hughes would have left even if Moses was our head coach. You people are insane.

djaymsu5
01-02-2016, 04:01 PM
Orgeron was just passed over by Lsu for it's dc job. Hired the guy from Wisconsin. Just a thought.

I was told by a good buddy of mine thats an LSU fan that Coach O was offered the DC job but turned it down.

confucius say
01-02-2016, 04:04 PM
I was told by a good buddy of mine thats an LSU fan that Coach O was offered the DC job but turned it down.

Interesting. He say why?

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Why can't we croot? Why can't we get any decent assistants. 7 years, zero quality coordinators. New DC every year. Don't play talented freshmen. It's obvious we are not a place that top quality talent on the field and on the staff wants to be. That's got to change but the major thing in the way is the HC. New DC's, same scheme, DC leaves. HC wants to leave.

Just sucks because it doesn't have to be this way. Our friends to the North prove it.

They are your friends they aren't mine. This is Mullen's team. You know the guy that has 3 of the top 5 QBs in the history of the SEC in his resume. 19-6 the last two years. We just beat the dogshit out of an ACC team. Hammered them. Who gives a shit if Diaz left. We all saw that coming when he was brought in. He was simply a stopgap. One fumble recovered. Hawk Misstackling. See ya later Diaz.

Mullen just had a coach leave to be the HC at JSU. He has had a DC leave to be the DC at Texas. He had another one leave to be the DC at Florida. Brian Johnson is highly regarded as an up and coming star in coaching. Mullen's system sure seems to be getting his coaches noticed and getting better job offers very quickly.

confucius say
01-02-2016, 04:07 PM

Miami and Florida disagree with you that our last two dc's are not quality. Come June, look at how many players we will have placed on nfl teams the last two years. Do you hate life or smn?

Sacrifice
01-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Hughes would have left even if Moses was our head coach. You people are insane.

Dude I'm not blaming Hughes for leaving. I'm just saying all this turnover is not helping us. Get ahold of yourself.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
01-02-2016, 04:08 PM

If not now, I'm sure he would by the end of the season.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 04:09 PM

Not saying you're a liar but I live in BR and that's the first I've heard of that. Word around here is he lobbied for the job and was shut down. This info isn't coming from joe blow LSU fan either. FWIW

K9 Avenger
01-02-2016, 04:15 PM
We need to find a way to improve our network quickly. To me that's THE most important thing.

Who can help with that? Orgeron

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^!!!

Todd4State
01-02-2016, 04:16 PM

Jackie and Joe Lee worked after Joe Lee coached at Ole Miss for awhile. I don't know of anything specific as to why they wouldn't like each other.

confucius say
01-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Dude I'm not blaming Hughes for leaving. I'm just saying all this turnover is not helping us. Get ahold of yourself.

No, you said it makes it look like we don't have our house in order. My bad if you just meant it as it is not helping us. I took it as you meant coaches leaving for head jobs and premier to semi-premier jobs looked bad for our program.

Tripp McNeely
01-02-2016, 04:23 PM

Lots of posters being outed today. Take note mods

Sacrifice
01-02-2016, 04:28 PM
No, you said it makes it look like we don't have our house in order.

I also noted two other things to go along with that. Does it looks like our house is in order as of today to you?

Coach34
01-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Wanna wager on it tough guy?

Kimchee jumping out the window has Momma Simmons saying she will not sign an LOI to OM...we'll see how it turns out. It is Crootin

ScoobaDawg
01-02-2016, 04:32 PM
Lots of posters being outed today. Take note mods

What are we taking note of...
If you dont know who Blackout is I dont know how to make it more obvious..

Really Clark?
01-02-2016, 04:42 PM

No he was not offered the job. Aranda was the first call made by all indications.

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Kimchee jumping out the window has Momma Simmons saying she will not sign an LOI to OM...we'll see how it turns out. It is Crootin

Really hope that's true because last I heard we were distant 3rd. But there are no certainties when it comes to crootin and 18 year old kids

djaymsu5
01-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Not saying you're a liar but I live in BR and that's the first I've heard of that. Word around here is he lobbied for the job and was shut down. This info isn't coming from joe blow LSU fan either. FWIW

You could be right. I'm just going by what he told me. We keep each other updated on recruiting, coachin changes etc. and that is what was being rumored on their board.

Jack Lambert
01-02-2016, 04:58 PM

I ususally don't say bad thing about coaches who leave but I hope that Ass Hole Falls flat on his face again.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2016, 04:59 PM
**** you, Manny.

Bring on Coach Ya Ya

GreenheadDawg
01-02-2016, 05:00 PM
You could be right. I'm just going by what he told me. We keep each other updated on recruiting, coachin changes etc. and that is what was being rumored on their board.

Who knows man. Either way he's not the LSU DC so we will see what happens

Jack Lambert
01-02-2016, 05:00 PM

I don't believe that but if it is true then I don't want the stupid SOB.

Tripp McNeely
01-02-2016, 05:04 PM

Deuce McAlister, Billy Brewer?

Op4isabitch
01-02-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm gonna miss Manny,

His defense may have been slow but at least it was often out of position.

HSVDawg
01-02-2016, 05:06 PM
That's out of left field. I think we upgrade though this time, not a Diaz fan.

Mullen losing his DC is never out of left field. Happens just about every year.

dawgoneyall
01-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Damn does this mean the end of hawk tackling?

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 05:07 PM
If not now, I'm sure he would by the end of the season.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/lfoC8HjUQlQT6/200.gif

engie
01-02-2016, 05:09 PM

If this is true -- why is he even being mentioned for MSU then? You don't turn down your home town school's DC job -- with the talent in place to be the #1 defense in the country next year -- in order to take a lesser job building a defense somewhere else. Or to keep a position coach job at that school at a much lower salary. Doesn't make sense to me.

Political Hack
01-02-2016, 05:10 PM

Bunt him a clue.

Tripp McNeely
01-02-2016, 05:12 PM
Bunt him a clue.

William Jim?

Leroy Jenkins
01-02-2016, 06:11 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXv45yOWkAIUXD9.jpg:large

Blackout
01-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Now in 2-ply

defiantdog
01-02-2016, 06:15 PM

"It was simply too good to pass up....." This is the same thing he said about Texas.

Spiderman
01-02-2016, 06:17 PM

Holy hell.. that would be a death blow

starkvegasdawg
01-02-2016, 06:19 PM
"It was simply too good to pass up....." This is the same thing he said about Texas.
Yep. This is his second once in a lifetime opportunity.

LC Dawg
01-02-2016, 06:26 PM
This is what I read - "I am a sorry piece of shit who needed a job because I screwed up and left a good one for what I thought was a better one but I got fired from that one and took a lesser job and wanted to get back to a big time job and I promised that this would be my last coordinator job but I really don't care about the kids I coach so I took another job after another one year stay. Screw you Mississippi State."

Political Hack
01-02-2016, 06:30 PM
This is what I read - "I am a sorry piece of shit who needed a job because I screwed up and left a good one for what I thought was a better one but I got fired from that one and took a lesser job and wanted to get back to a big time job and I promised that this would be my last coordinator job but I really don't care about the kids I coach so I took another job after another one year stay. Screw you Mississippi State."

Lmao. Pretty accurate portrayal.

I'm ok with him leaving though to be honest. I didn't see well coached players a lot of the season. Our S's took horrible angles all year. We didn't force the issue with anyone, we gave up big plays, didn't creat turnovers, etc... Our defense never really had an identity this year. I hope we find someone who can give the D an identity. Don't care who it is as long as he can coach up some talented kids, because our young talent on D is impressive as hell.

CadaverDawg
01-02-2016, 06:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/NQHKSVE.gif?noredirect

CadaverDawg
01-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Lmao. Pretty accurate portrayal.

I'm ok with him leaving though to be honest. I didn't see well coached players a lot of the season. Our S's took horrible angles all year. We didn't force the issue with anyone, we gave up big plays, didn't creat turnovers, etc... Our defense never really had an identity this year. I hope we find someone who can give the D an identity. Don't care who it is as long as he can coach up some talented kids, because our young talent on D is impressive as hell.

Totally agree. I'm pissed at the way Manny jumped again after 1 year....but I'm not all that upset that he's gone.

Reason2succeed
01-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Why do people get emotional about coaches leaving? We talk about firing coaches who have he highest winning percentage in the history of our program but you're mad that they have no loyalty? That ain't making no sense!

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2016, 06:45 PM
I really don't see this as a big deal either. There will be 7 new SEC DCs next year, so it isn't like this isn't the norm. Hell, LSU had their DC leave two years in a row for another SEC West school. It happens

My biggest issue with it is the perception & how it makes us look small time on a broader scale.

When kids see Geoff Collins & Manny Diaz leave in back to back years, it puts off a perception that MSU is a place that people are trying to leave.

Personally, I believe Manny is leaving for the right reasons. He's from Miami, dad was the mayor, and coached with Richt at FSU. It's been said that Manny turned down Auburn last week and I don't think he was looking to leave. This just happened to really be an opportunity that he couldn't pass up.

That being said, it sucks for us in the perception department, particularly when recruits compare our defensive stability to our rival, that has had their DC for years now.

I think it will all shake out ok, & not be a big deal. Just was hoping that in Diaz's 2nd season, we would play faster & the players have greater instincts. My biggest regret is that we have to start over again.

Reason2succeed
01-02-2016, 06:49 PM
It's coaching!!! We want to fire people after one year why wouldn't coaches jump ship after one year? It's all a part of the profession.

Liverpooldawg
01-02-2016, 06:49 PM
In all honesty, good riddance. The only bad thing here is that we rehired him in the first place.

AFDawg
01-02-2016, 06:59 PM
He thinks I is an object pronoun. I'm glad he's gone.

Dawg61
01-02-2016, 07:59 PM
I really don't see this as a big deal either. There will be 7 new SEC DCs next year, so it isn't like this isn't the norm. Hell, LSU had their DC leave two years in a row for another SEC West school. It happens

My biggest issue with it is the perception & how it makes us look small time on a broader scale.

When kids see Geoff Collins & Manny Diaz leave in back to back years, it puts off a perception that MSU is a place that people are trying to leave.

Personally, I believe Manny is leaving for the right reasons. He's from Miami, dad was the mayor, and coached with Richt at FSU. It's been said that Manny turned down Auburn last week and I don't think he was looking to leave. This just happened to really be an opportunity that he couldn't pass up.

That being said, it sucks for us in the perception department, particularly when recruits compare our defensive stability to our rival, that has had their DC for years now.

I think it will all shake out ok, & not be a big deal. Just was hoping that in Diaz's 2nd season, we would play faster & the players have greater instincts. My biggest regret is that we have to start over again.

As usual you're reading way too much into this

Duckdog
01-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Hello rob ryan

mparkerfd20
01-02-2016, 09:06 PM
**** you Manny

msstate7
01-02-2016, 09:11 PM
**** you Manny

Right now anyway... We may be thanking him in a couple of weeks

MarketingBully
01-02-2016, 09:20 PM
Right now anyway... We may be thanking him in a couple of weeks

Agreed, Manny part Deux was a big mistake IMO. There were better candidates out there but Mullen went with someone he had worked with before and a safe hire and it bit him in the ass. Glad he is gone personally.

Coach007
01-02-2016, 09:25 PM

Perception isn't a problem because Diaz turned down other schools for more money. The only reason he took this job was it is home! Diaz is going home. This is one of the best break ups ever!

Also, our next hire will be an impact hire. Thompson is a MAJOR recruiter... in fact the #1 recruiter in 2014! Coach O is a great recruiter. Not worried about our defense nor our ability to bring a great hire in

huffy
01-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Perception isn't a problem because Diaz turned down other schools for more money. The only reason he took this job was it is home! Diaz is going home. This is one of the best break ups ever!

well this is good info. It helps my feelings knowing he turned down other jobs for more money.

BUT... I was really hoping he would hang around at least two seasons so we could see a better representation of his body of work and see what he can do outside of inheriting that dumpster fire from 2014.

I had full faith in him fixing some major issues now that Z. Jackson was gone and knowing we have some major playmakers coming up in the secondary.

ShotgunDawg
01-02-2016, 09:31 PM

Also, our next hire will be an impact hire. Thompson is a MAJOR recruiter... in fact the #1 recruiter in 2014! Coach O is a great recruiter. Not worried about our defense nor our ability to bring a great hire in

Agree, but people outside of MSU don't know or care to do the research to know this. They just see that MSU has lost it's D coordinator for two straight years

Political Hack
01-02-2016, 09:59 PM
well this is good info. It helps my feelings knowing he turned down other jobs for more money.

BUT... I was really hoping he would hang around at least two seasons so we could see a better representation of his body of work and see what he can do outside of inheriting that dumpster fire from 2014.

I had full faith in him fixing some major issues now that Z. Jackson was gone and knowing we have some major playmakers coming up in the secondary.

It's amazing to me that a lot of people don't realize the talent level we have in the back 7 going into next year.

Blackout
01-02-2016, 10:59 PM
It's amazing to me that a lot of people don't realize the talent level we have in the back 7 going into next year.

Don't mean shit without a pass rush

Really Clark?
01-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Don't mean shit without a pass rush

Isn't about time for you to break away from posting to brush up on your Sabermatrics? It's almost bunt season.

confucius say
01-02-2016, 11:19 PM
I also noted two other things to go along with that. Does it looks like our house is in order as of today to you?

Actually yes. Our program is more stable today than at any point in history. We have a coach whose floor is 6-6. That has never been the case.

Eta even the people on here they gripe about dan and want him to leave feel that way bc they think he can't go 10-2 consistently. Our house is very much in order and our program is in the best shape it's ever been. How many teams have been to bowls the last 6 years? I'll wait.

Madisonmd
01-02-2016, 11:25 PM
It is troubling that Diaz also interviewed at Auburn also, imo. Really wanted out apparently. Hughes, Robinson, Court, Diaz, etc…. Is this a trend that foretells problems or not?

Really Clark?
01-02-2016, 11:30 PM
It is troubling that Diaz also interviewed at Auburn also, imo. Really wanted out apparently. Hughes, Robinson, Court, Diaz, etc…. Is this a trend that foretells problems or not?

Not

engie
01-02-2016, 11:33 PM

How many staff members has Saban and Urban lost in the same period of time?

Coach007
01-02-2016, 11:37 PM

wha.. what? No no and no. Auburn offered him the job....twice. Both times he turned it down... once was a come back with more money than he was making with us.

Coach007
01-02-2016, 11:38 PM
How many staff members has Saban and Urban lost in the same period of time?

Alot! It comes with that job.

Blackout
01-03-2016, 02:33 AM
Alot! It comes with that job.

They become head coaches.

Really Clark?
01-03-2016, 03:25 AM
They become head coaches.

Not all of them. Many of their position coaches leave.

JohnnyQuid
01-03-2016, 04:45 AM
**** you, Manny.

Bring on Coach Ya Ya

I'm with you. let's see what a 'crooter can do. how can it be worse? cos idk x's and o's but I could Playstation it and prolly not do alot worse than the past couple years.

let's go baw

JohnnyQuid
01-03-2016, 04:55 AM
William Jim?

He's "that guy".. but he's ours. I hope he makes it thru the baseball season. I post alot then even in presec game threads and he's always around. don't **** it up!haha